What's new

Does anyone remember the Tom Cruise and Steven Spielberg story?

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
Not finding a news link or something online about a less than minor protest at some random Dr. Office in 2007 is hardly surprising.

Actually I don't think a few nuts doing a protest in front of a doctors office would attract much, if any type of media attention whatsoever, esp in California. The pickets done by clams in many cases are done as a harassing or warning tactic, like noisy investigation, the purpose is to send a message to a target - not attract media attention. In fact, they might even flee if they were alerted the media was coming.

In my state there are several activist organizations that stage pickets at the offices of congressmen, the protests are generally about an hour and have 5 to 20 people - and they can never get the media to pay attention or cover their protests. (Even though 2 local news stations are less than 10 min away) So some random nutjobs showing up at some random doctors office in CA the middle of the day, to wave some signs around for period of time about some BS of concern to no one, and the action news crew isn't racing through stop lights to cover this monumental event? Color me shocked. Even well planned, well attended protests, with media advisories done days ahead of time, about issues of general concern to the community - even they may not generate media coverage, ESP if there are any other hot stories breaking that day.

I know a couple of people, like Smurf, regularly protest cult events down at CoS HQ in LA but how often is there news coverage of it? At best we get the protesters uploading videos of themselves - otherwise there would be little in the way of proof online that these things ever happened.

VF is known for pretty high journalistic standards, and even moreso they have to be very careful when dealing with litigious snakes like the cult. (They were the ones with the balls to publish the details about the cults GF auditions for Cruise).

I have no doubt they were able to verify some type of half-assed harassment/protest occurred but I'm also sure the Doctor involved did not want his name and location printed, or pulled in further into the cult madness and a snit between two Hollywood heavyweights. Usually reporters can get confirmation about events or facts, but out of decency to their source or the target will not publish further details - many times at the request of the target or source. I could see the reporter tracking down the doctor, or someone in his office, that was willing to confirm what transpired but in return for their cooperation asked no identifying details be published.

There's a reason Wikipedia uses published reports from newspapers and magazines like VF as their standard for citations of fact and not "dox or stfu."

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
OSA Tactics? Bitch please! I never had anything to do with OSA. Matter of fact, i was never with Scientology. It was you who was down with OSA and ratted on your friends.

Get a life dude. Your life sucks, you have no integrity, you lied on National Television, you went back to OSA 2/3 times, you don't have anything to do in your life and all you do is doxing innocent people the whole day from your room (While a google search to your name gives me the creeps). Get up and do something with your life, son.

An idle mind is the devil's workshop. Sorry for being rude to Smurf, but i really, really, really don't like this dude. Gives me the creeps, yo.

Wah-wah-v2-596x447.jpg

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Not finding a news link or something online about a less than minor protest at some random Dr. Office in 2007 is hardly surprising.

Actually I don't think a few nuts doing a protest in front of a doctors office would attract much, if any type of media attention whatsoever, esp in California. The pickets done by clams in many cases are done as a harassing or warning tactic, like noisy investigation, the purpose is to send a message to a target - not attract media attention. In fact, they might even flee if they were alerted the media was coming.

I never said it didn't occur.. I said I could find no independent media sources to back it up. Vanity Fair may claim to back up all it's sources, but it, like other periodicals, have been sued in the past for publishing errant information. Reporters too often rely on the claim of others they perceive as experts.

If it did happen, it would have been in 2005 when Speilberg, TC & the cast of 'War of The Worlds' were doing their promos for the film.

If you want the public to trust the information people are putting our on the crimes & abuses of Scientology, transparency & independent confirmation of events is important.

Anonycat

Crusader
Whoa, Rob.

Everyone that has wanted to, has seen all of the Smurf footage, appearances, and history. In fact, catching up on his history is history. Also, he didn't get thrown out of WWP. I was a moderator there during the time when a short ban came down on him, and it was due to the undecided & unwritten policies on doxing. It was actually a problem of the forum not Smurf. The forum was going through a bad time, Smurf was not.

Smurf is generally regarded as one of the best doxers around, which is a great asset for us all.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Whoa, Rob.

Everyone that has wanted to, has seen all of the Smurf footage, appearances, and history. In fact, catching up on his history is history. Also, he didn't get thrown out of WWP. I was a moderator there during the time when a short ban came down on him, and it was due to the undecided & unwritten policies on doxing. It was actually a problem of the forum not Smurf. The forum was going through a bad time, Smurf was not.

Smurf is generally regarded as one of the best doxers around, which is a great asset for us all.

It's OK, Anonycat. People who dredge up people's past & use it as a weapon to attack & smear them in present day says alot about them & their character. Nothing BlackRob and his/her friends say about me fazes me in the least.

I have been very honest & open about my past & have made great strides to amend for it. Let those that hold grudges enjoy their small sandboxes. :)

MissWog

So this thread came up for me under What's New.. I went down the rabbit hole and have to ask what is "GMD"?

After reading Natalie's post, I got to thinking about the blind item from a few months ago about the guy spying on the couple while snapping photos and then the couple moving and no media outlets willing to pony up the cash for the photos and does anyone else think these "unauthorized wedding photos" are those photos? I really wouldn't put it past GMD and his crazazee ass!! Great God always this insanity Lady Cruise deals out rather than dealing with his homoness. Poor short thang!!]

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/bl...re-all-went-wrong-page5-51527.html#post834459

i saw this GMD in a post on that thread before this post and wondered what GMD meant but when I saw it in this post I had to copy and come ask y'all :)

BlackRob

Gold Meritorious Patron

MissWog

Abbreviation for "Gay Midget Dwarf". Alternate moniker for Tom Cruise.
That GMD is one crazy-ass cracker!
Whoa! Well, that kinda sucks for gay people and dwarfs :no:
As if gay folks and little people don't have enough going against them in this world..now they have another slur to deal with and it is Tom Cruise :omg:

after reading most of the pages on that thread, I am/was very impressed with the knowledge of those posters about Scn...their use of CO$ and Xenu etc.. The "slang", abbreviations & Scn shorthand in their posts. I found it refreshing to see folks on another forum know as much and so much especially back in 2007! So often as a "never in" I feel like the only Wog who sees the danger (bc my friends rarely understand my concern) and it was refreshing to read other Wogs (I assume they were) who know what's up and understand the danger of a cult.

thanks Rob!