Does COSRECI exist any more and (if so) is it tax exempt in the UK?

RolandRB

Rest in Peace
I am wondering if through the changes in charity law in the UK in 2006 whether COSRECI or C.O.S.R.E.C.I. still exists and whether it still has tax exempt status in the UK (assuming it ever had this).

I have done lots of internet searches but it does not come up in a current existing form in those searches. Maybe it does not exist any more. Does anyone know?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
My net connection is screwed right now, so I can't do this for you. But find images of promo from UK orgs and look at the fine print at the end for the copyright information. Like the stuff Pooks posts on ESMB. It won't answer about tax exemption but should re existence.

Paul

RogerB

Crusader
I am wondering if through the changes in charity law in the UK in 2006 whether COSRECI or C.O.S.R.E.C.I. still exists and whether it still has tax exempt status in the UK (assuming it ever had this).

I have done lots of internet searches but it does not come up in a current existing form in those searches. Maybe it does not exist any more. Does anyone know?

It exists as a Foreign (Australian) incorporated association registered in the UK to conduct its affairs.

It has not notified the registrar for Companies UK that it has ceased doing business, or that it has been wound up.

So thus it still exists.

If you search this site you'll find the COSRECI charter of incorporation actually posted here, along with the copy of its registration in the UK.

R