What's new

Does PTS tech create paranoia?

well_that_sucked

Patron with Honors
Does the scientology PTS tech create sever paranoia in scientologists?

I believe it does, I believe it creates a level of paranoia so great that scientologists become irrational and delusional. The delusion is so great scientologists distrust anyone and everything in their environment that isn't in the cult or using cult tech.

Would a rational person conclude their mother is a suppressive person and disconnect from her simply because she sees scientology for the scam it is, and voices it?

Would a rational person cut off all communication with their children because the children do not want to be scientologists?

Would a rational person believe that the membership of an entire medical field are the spawns of satan... err Xenu?

Would a rational parent allow their child to be entered into the virtual slavery of the SO because of their fear of the public schools and all the psyche drugs?

That leads me to where I think the tone scale fits into the picture. I believe the PTS tech tone scale indoctrination is designed to keep scientologists always on guard, always categorizing people, how they speak, what they say, how they say it, even body language is scrutinized.

This indoctrination is drilled into scientologists so deeply that ultimately they are doing it all the time and are not even aware of it. Its second nature, they are on automatic. The scientologist will forever scan their environment for any and all potential threats to scientology.

To free people ideas are not a threat, individual thinking is not a threat, nor is rational thought and debate. But it is to scientology, a very big threat.

If you honesty look at it, the scientology PTS tech wasn't designed to help you in life, it was designed to protect the scam of scientology. To keep you in, and away, from people with rational thoughts, especially those that may have a familiar influence or connection to you. Like family or friends.

PTS tech is designed to ultimately isolate you, and make you reliant on the cult community.

Even scientology's quote on the price of freedom is the definition of paranoia.

"Constant alertness, constant willingness to fight back..."

That's not the creed of a church, that's the motto of a war machine.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I think the worst thing is that whenever something happens to you, from tripping over an obstacle or a sneeze, to a major drama, with PTS tech you are looking for someone else to blame. There is an SP out there causing this, be it in your immediate life or a past one. Unless, Heaven forbid - you are the SP yourself! :melodramatic:

At the same time you "pulled it in" and are also totally and absolutely "responsible".

Enough to send anyone nuts and certainly create paranoia.

The paranoia starts the minute you walk in the door, the PTS tech is just intended to make you think the cult's paranoia is normal

A Potential Trouble Source is someone who still has the capacity for objective and critical thought

and

A Suppressive Person is someone who refuses to relinquish his capacity for objective and critical thought to the cult

MAX YOUR CREDIT

Patron with Honors
Interesting point. :clap:

It makes total sense. I did PTS/SP course and I can admit that I was constantly judgmental about anything that was not Scn.

Silly me....:duh: Oh well, live and learn!

Great post by the way, you got me thinking! :whistling:

Feral

Rogue male
This is a great thread.

The PTS SP tech was so twisted to protect the cult that it's usefulness was obscured. It was also contradictory and unclear as it developed in time, also the number or % of SPs increased in direct index to Hubbard's growing paranoia

There was some truth in it and I think Alan Walter captured the usefulness and simplified the tech as well as dumping the Hubbard paranoid arbitraries in his abuse technology.

When I read "The anti-social personality" HCOB I was amused that ist also covered 'the anti-scientologist'. Should have been a clue right there.:duh:

well_that_sucked

Patron with Honors
I think the worst thing is that whenever something happens to you, from tripping over an obstacle or a sneeze, to a major drama, with PTS tech you are looking for someone else to blame. There is an SP out there causing this, be it in your immediate life or a past one. Unless, Heaven forbid - you are the SP yourself! :melodramatic:

At the same time you "pulled it in" and are also totally and absolutely "responsible".

Enough to send anyone nuts and certainly create paranoia.

That's exactly right.

The truth is we trip over things, some times because we're tired or distracted. We get sick, everything gets sick. Our biggest threat is bird flu. Are the birds PTS? Or is it the poor chicken jockey that has a connection to such a massive SP in the backwoods it could affect the entire human race? Really?

If the cult perceives your SP connection to be a big enough threat to their way of life (based on intel directly from you) its handle or disconnect.

Scientology's definition of responsibility could be interpreted to mean; willing to enforce cult doctrine on yourself and others.

If there is no way to make your sp believe as you do or at least STFU about it, scientology technology makes you carve them out of your life, without sorrow. Like a good scientologist.

Opter

Silver Meritorious Patron
Scientology is a paranoid cult!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember a woman who voluntarily "booked" herself to ethics because she had a bit of a cold.:eyeroll: .

Opter

Last edited:

KnightVision

Gold Meritorious Patron
The whole theory of works called 'Scientology' is a paranoia driven scheme and trap.

Paranoia has two elements (maybe more): Belief in imaginary thoughts and Fear.

Regardless of who invented the various aspects of sci therapies, lconh controlled the worded programming of those therapies and IMO, implemented every one of his imagined mental ailments that he feared would or had been controlling his life. He then imagined that his discovery was so great that every important group in the world was out to destroy him and his 'therapies' as well as his patients.... and created even more therapies (and various hit man type groups to destroy them; re: psyches, bankers, politicos, medicos, etc) to deliver to ensure that his 'patients' had not already been affected. Finally he imagined that all of the organizations, staff, patients, etc were already adversely affected and influenced by his imagined enemies so he created even more therapies to discover every incident EVER- right down to the beginning of time itself and once and for all wipe out the effects of every single imagined enemy. And this is the story of the creation of sci therapies by lconh. This dude feared everything that moved. That's why he needed you to validate that he was 'right after all' and not really 'crazy' to begin with.

Without Paranoia there would be no sci, not any 'tech' to handle lconh's irrational fear of imaginary enemies.

angel

Patron with Honors
I have mixed feelings about PTS tech

I never bought into the PTS tech because I have allergies to pollen that when untreated develop into bronchitis or sinusitis. I was routinely sick and in ethics.

The ups and downs course made sense to me because I had been raised by a father who had to be in control all the time. It was his way or no way. He never listened and always spoke. He put down and belittled everything that did not originate from him. Learning to not originate anything to my father has been beneficial to our relationship. The majority of family members he has since disowned. I was never asked to disconnect as he was not attacking Scn. None of the handling has ever helped my illness.:bigcry:

The strange outcome of it all that may be an adverse effect is that I have this notion that I do not need to be friends with everyone. It seems like everyone I have befriended since I have been out has this need to be liked and has to be friends with everyone. Some think I have a loose screw because I disclude certain people with the I want to hold you back and dominate you personality. Somehow I have associated in my mind SP with Controlling Bodies. I felt that the church was supressing me while on staff, and have lumped this behaviour into what I consider SP. Last month at a yard sale my friend handed me a paperback titled "How to get along with Everyone" and she laughed. It annoyed me because I do not want to be friends with everyone. Just those who have the cleanest spaces.

After all these years I am getting better results with a prescription of Singulair that I take daily. Echinacia, garlic, medicinal mushrooms, Euclyptus aromatherapy etc. :bigcry:

Jen

The whole theory of works called 'Scientology' is a paranoia driven scheme and trap.

You can't blame all the paranoia built into Sceintology on Hubbard, it is the fault of the The Maw Confederation from "the Sixty-third Galaxy", Hubbard told us in Aberration and The Sixth Dynamic, that they practiced "total psychiatric control" by pushing people's faces into supercooled sheets of glass. Hubbard claims this so-called "method of brainwashing" was developed about five billion years ago by a "whole-track psychiatrist". (Hubbard, Aberration and The Sixth Dynamic, catalog #5611C13 15ACC-22).

Whole-track psychiatrists from the Maw Confederation pushing your face into supercooled sheets of glass five billion years ago, made you paranoid, not Hubbard's Tech

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C74OANKE

This is one instance where I think Hubbard did not plagiarize someone else's work, he made this batshit crazy stuff up all on his own.

Human Again

Silver Meritorious Patron
Does the scientology PTS tech create sever paranoia in scientologists?

I believe it does, I believe it creates a level of paranoia so great that scientologists become irrational and delusional. The delusion is so great scientologists distrust anyone and everything in their environment that isn't in the cult or using cult tech.

Would a rational person conclude their mother is a suppressive person and disconnect from her simply because she sees scientology for the scam it is, and voices it?

Would a rational person cut off all communication with their children because the children do not want to be scientologists?

Would a rational person believe that the membership of an entire medical field are the spawns of satan... err Xenu?

Would a rational parent allow their child to be entered into the virtual slavery of the SO because of their fear of the public schools and all the psyche drugs?

That leads me to where I think the tone scale fits into the picture. I believe the PTS tech tone scale indoctrination is designed to keep scientologists always on guard, always categorizing people, how they speak, what they say, how they say it, even body language is scrutinized.

This indoctrination is drilled into scientologists so deeply that ultimately they are doing it all the time and are not even aware of it. Its second nature, they are on automatic. The scientologist will forever scan their environment for any and all potential threats to scientology.

To free people ideas are not a threat, individual thinking is not a threat, nor is rational thought and debate. But it is to scientology, a very big threat.

If you honesty look at it, the scientology PTS tech wasn't designed to help you in life, it was designed to protect the scam of scientology. To keep you in, and away, from people with rational thoughts, especially those that may have a familiar influence or connection to you. Like family or friends.

PTS tech is designed to ultimately isolate you, and make you reliant on the cult community.

Even scientology's quote on the price of freedom is the definition of paranoia.

"Constant alertness, constant willingness to fight back..."

That's not the creed of a church, that's the motto of a war machine.

Spot on :goodposting: :hifive:

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think actually a lot of it makes sense but it is just applied to insane proportions. I mean lets face it, there are women who won't leave their husbands who beat them and some have parents or relatives that are constantly eroding them and many never quite realize how much better things would be if they got away. That's the simplicity.

But it evolved into an explanation for why the "tech" didn't work and also an explanation for criticism of the church. At this point when you have major staff members leaving and reporting abuse, it takes major mental gymnastics to avoid seeing the elephant in the living room. And that's what it has become. A way to get people to not look and think.

I agree that pts tek is a form of paranoia that is used mainly to isolate the good scn from any people or thoughts that would tend to argue against scn.

My example is my sister, who is on ot7 at this time, and seems terrified that I or someone else may be in any way critical of scn. Here is an otherwise intelligent person who has devoted her life for the past 30 or so years to scn, and still does not have the confidence in her choice to hear any argument against it.

Simply put, she is AFRAID that:

What she THINKS,

That I MIGHT THINK,

Can PREVENT her from BECOMING,

CAUSE OVER LIFE!

It is just amazing.

AWH

CornPie

Patron Meritorious
...scientology PTS tech wasn't designed to help you in life, it was designed to protect the scam of scientology. To keep you in, and away, from people with rational thoughts, especially those that may have a familiar influence or connection to you. Like family or friends.

PTS tech is designed to ultimately isolate you, and make you reliant on the cult community...
I wish I would have read your entire post #1, when I first got involved -- the first time they used that PTS/SP crap on me.

I wonder how it would work if some of these quotes said by protesters, to scientologists entering orgs.