What's new

Does Scientology still use telex?

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hypatia said:
Telexes got a bit modernized before everyone stopped using them- going from the old punch tape model to one with a crt display. Wonder what kind da cherch uses?

09e04600ded13fe5abcc1d7885d0fb0d.jpg

Paul
Mhhhmm..... what a pleasure for hungry sea-orgers..... :coolwink:

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
No, no..... they must taste good (at least for hungry sea orgers) - look at the already empty places in the lower rows :coolwink:

They do!

Pigeon pie is a savoury game pie made of pigeon meat and various other ingredients traditional to French cuisine and present in other European cuisines. It has been eaten at least as early as 1670 in French cuisine.

images

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
My grand aunts used to cook pigeon pie but mom never ''coerced us to eat that''...
having lived close to the port, pigeons were not very ''inspiring'' meat for us to eat.
I refuse to see a pigeon as a potential meal..:unsure:

Mom would use wild meat instead , and we rarely eat it..only for special occasion - and it was delicious!

Last edited:

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
My grand aunts and used to cook pigeon pie but mom never ''coerced us to eat that''...
having lived close to the port, pigeons were not very ''inspiring'' meat for us to eat.

Mom would use wild meat instead , and we rarely eat it..only for special occasion - and it was delicious!

Despite the fact that I have had pigeons as pets and that they are regarded as little more than flying rats, I would have no problem eating pigeon any more than I would have a problem eating chicken.

Talking about 'inspiring' meat, an organic Welsh lamb chop grilled with a bit of olive oil and seasoned with garlic and herbs and a smigeon of French mustard is about as close to food heaven as you can get afaiac.

Last edited:

Operating Wog

Patron with Honors
My grand aunts and used to cook pigeon pie but mom never ''coerced us to eat that''...

A couple months of rice and beans, a pigeon starts looking damned good.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I was the telex op at Saint Hill (WW) 1968/9. It was all about getting the little tape right so it could be sent fast. I can't remember now - there must have been a way to correct typos because I certainly made them. Especially when I had Herbie Parkhouse or David Gaiman hanging over my shoulder dictating live ... :omg: A print out of an incoming telex had to be hand delivered to whoever it was addressed to, like instantly. And because it was the GO the actual tape had to be stapled to it, security you know. Same procedure for the sent ones, although you could let a couple accumulate before toddling off into the depths of the Manor to face Kember, Parkhouse or whoever. You know that saying about messengers.....

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Pigeon....chicken... :confused2:

Not much difference except size. Like lobster or crawfish, big size for the rich, small for the poor.

Of course I've never eaten either a pigeon or a crawfish so what do I know? :eyeroll:

GE cmdr

Patron with Honors
Yes, they still use telex. It has been updated a little bit but it is still a telex. Basically they added some stuff to is so in addition to the telext coming through they also get a soft copy which is pretty much like their own email system.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Yes, they still use telex. It has been updated a little bit but it is still a telex. Basically they added some stuff to is so in addition to the telext coming through they also get a soft copy which is pretty much like their own email system.

Are you saying they still use Telex machines on the Telex network, as opposed to emails formatted like telexes used to be?

Paul

guanoloco

As-Wased
Are you saying they still use Telex machines on the Telex network, as opposed to emails formatted like telexes used to be?

Paul

I remember emails on the telex network because it was "secure". They were printed and then cut up as multiple messages came on a page and they then went 3-basket system to variius terminals.

The Commodore 64 or whatever was mentioned sounds about right but I distinctly remember a yellowish orange color to the font as opposed to the traditional matrix green.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

Gosh I thought they had gone a bit forward with technologies
and began to use fax ...

:hysterical:

Earth calling Target Two..Earth calling Target Two...
Communicate orders of change please :unsure:
Hello..hello...anybody there????
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeellooooooooooooo :grouch:

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
As Ex Scientology Spokeshole - Tommy Davis once said...

You don't have the fuckin rank to ask if Scientology uses Telex:grouch:

But if you did have the fuckin rank

The answer is - YES - Scientology still uses Telex...

Remember - Scientology is stuck on the time track - 1950 to be exact...

It is stuck in an incident of long duration....

:hattip:

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
Around mid 2000s I still remember telex being 'the thing' with the Dir Comm bringing out the freaking pages of staledated telexes to musters or staff meetings to get everyone to reply.

There was also a briefing about not using email for stuff that should be on telex lines because of security or whatever nonsense. There were only certain staff that were given clearance to do org emails. Completely batty weirdness.

I also remember doing weekly reports sent upline on disks (the old-school suckers) -- had to get an external drive to do this at home. Yeah, I know--it wasn't really supposed to be done at home, but it also wasn't even supposed to be me doing it at the time--I was in bad standing and did the weekly reports for someone as a favor who sucked at typing and hated doing them. Their weekly BPs and conditions were also done by me. Kind of hilarious, as I was supposedly a giant security risk and I slapped them out quickly and did a good job so this person could have it done and not get screamed at). It was all so antiquated it was beyond goofy.

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
What's so stupid and escapes the obvious is why aren't there OTs that can theta comm?

All the whack jobs running around getting "in comm" with all the sundry disembodied thetans and no one can communicate with a living human being?

I recall all the times a Scieno would be moving into a "new space" and perceiving bad things and having their favorite OT come over only to discover that a confused or evil thetan was hanging around who was duly dispatched by the vanquishing OT getting in comm with it and directing it to the nearest hospital to pick up a body.

Anyone else recall those days?

Oh yeah. This was big. Also, folks who had 'possessed' cars had them 'exorcised' by OTs.