What's new

Does this Blind Item about a SEC investigation of a Ponzi scheme concern Scientology?

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Does this Blind Item about a SEC investigation of a Ponzi scheme concern Scientology?

Crazy Days and Nights: Mr. X Blind Item #1 – Academy Awards

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2016/02/mr-x-blind-item-1-academy-awards-2.html

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Mr. X Blind Item #1 – Academy Awards

Two different people, same subject

. One was at the Elton John party the other the Vanity Fair party. One a B-list mostly movie actress and Oscar winner/nominee who has done TV quite a bit lately another an eccentric A/B-list musician. Both technically belong to that slimy cult but have been slowly distancing themselves and their families away from it. At these two parties, my sources overheard them talking about freezing their bank accounts because the SEC is closing in on the sect’s ponzi scheme which would make Madoff look like child’s play.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

attachment.php

HT - Media Lush: https://twitter.com/media_lush/status/704442180077789185

Attachments

• BlindItemReSECInvestigation.jpg
    BlindItemReSECInvestigation.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 181

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Re: Does this Blind Item about a SEC investigation of a Ponzi scheme concern Scientol

The most ethical group on the planet involved in financial irregularities ?

Makes one gasp !

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Does this Blind Item about a SEC investigation of a Ponzi scheme concern Scientol

Is there another Ponzi scheme besides Reed Slatkin's (which fizzled years ago)

Last edited:

CommunicatorIC

Nicole Kidman and Jennifer Lopez?

I don't think it is Scientology.

Jodie Foster and ?

Academy award for best actress

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academy_Award_for_Best_Actress

16 years of Oscar winners

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/25/entertainment/ranking-best-picture-oscar-winners-feat/
The guess in the cross-posted screenshot is Juliette Lewis / Beck. In 1992, Juliette Lewis was nominated for an Oscar for Best Actress in a Supporting Role for Cape Fear. Has she done quite a bit of TV lately? Is Beck "an eccentric A/B-list musician?"

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron

"Oscar winner/nominee" means what? I don't know of any Scn actress who actually won an Oscar, did any?

CommunicatorIC

"Oscar winner/nominee" means what? I don't know of any Scn actress who actually won an Oscar, did any?
My understanding is that in blind items "Oscar winner/nominee" means Oscar winner OR nominee. As noted above, Juliette Lewis was nominated for an Oscar for Best Supporting Actress in 1992 for Cape Fear.

moontaco

Patron with Honors

The guess in the cross-posted screenshot is Juliette Lewis / Beck. In 1992, Juliette Lewis was nominated for an Oscar for Best Actress in a Supporting Role for Cape Fear. Has she done quite a bit of TV lately? Is Beck "an eccentric A/B-list musician?"

I think that fits them both. Beck would definitely be called eccentric by some. And he was A list for a number of years, but less popular more recently—though still getting a lot of critical acclaim. So I can see why someone would waffle on A/B-list.

It would be nice if he and Marissa Ribisi were really trying to distance themselves from the cult. Kind of hard to imagine, but anything's possible, I guess.

moontaco

Patron with Honors

She was in Wayward Pines last year

I looked that up; she did three episodes, which didn't seem like "quite a bit of TV" to me. But then I found she's been appearing on some show called Secrets and Lies (as Detective Andrea Cornell)—15 episodes so far. So yeah, that could qualify as quite a bit.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron

Slimy cult???

It MUST be Scientology!!

(The
only 'religion' that is unable to meet the minimal standards of truth in advertising!)

freethinker

Sponsor

This website seems to agree with you.

344. MR. X 02/29 **#1**
ACADEMY AWARDS: Two different people, same subject. One was at the Elton John party the other the Vanity Fair party. One a B-list mostly movie actress and Oscar winner/nominee who has done TV quite a bit lately another an eccentric A/B-list musician. Both technically belong to that slimy cult but have been slowly distancing themselves and their families away from it. At these two parties, my sources overheard them talking about freezing their bank accounts because the SEC is closing in on the sect’s ponzi scheme which would make Madoff look like child’s play.
B- list movie actress: Juliette Lewis
A/B list musician: Beck
Cult: Scientology

http://www.agcwebpages.com/BLINDITEMS/2016/FEB.html