What's new

Don Freedman

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Don Freedman was a big, gentle, bear of a guy.

He was an auditor, I think in NY, but when I met him in the late 70's at the Mayfair market across from the Manor, he had blood in his eyes, had lost 40 pounds, and had a severely distended stomach. He was OT something or other.

He was sad, he said, because AOLA would not let him audit, because his appearance was too upsetting.

He was dying, and on the recommendation of Scientologists, had made several trips to Mexico where he underwent a series of quack cures. He believed that, along with auditing would cure him.

I thought of him today. He was a good person, and I liked him, as, I believe did all who knew him.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
I met a guy at an advanced Org...same situation. The registrars had him pay for his BRIDGE - he inherited money so he paid for it. Then he was told he could not have it - forgot the reason - had to jump through impossible hoops....he was shattered. It was obvious to me something was wrong with the guy...OBVIOUS! He was not retarded but he was a bit off...not quite right in the head and Scientology took all of his money and then discarded him w/o sorrow. The 20 year old Regg had no clue they had destroyed this person.

I felt it was cruel to do this to someone...and my bubble cracked a little bit more...IT WAS CRUEL!! If it isn't cruel and inhumane - it is NOT Scientology and NOT KSW!

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
Ayn Rand said:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.
I just noticed this. I like this. I've been avoiding reality for many years; now I'm determined to avoid denial.

It's been a rough ride, and it's not over. But at least I don't have "crashes" any more for which I don't know the reason.

If I believed in the power of saints, I would get a St. Jude medal.

Helena