Drill, drill, drill

Veda

Sponsor
With all the fuss about "upper levels " - and their absence - I felt sorry for the Scientologists.

The old OT levels could be added to the new OT levels, after NOTs and New OT 8, I suppose, and that would add more OT levels - OT levels that the Scientologists hungrily seek.

But what then? - Incorporating "off-Souce" materials from the Rosicrucians or Crowley's Magick. "Batra" comes to mind, the 100 year old antecedent of "Route One."

And then what?

Well, how about "drilling"?

Scienntologists could trace it back to "Source," who emphasized, in 1952, and perhaps briefly in 1965, the importance of consistent drilling (of "OT" sensitivities and "OT" abilities).

A Scientologist could set aside a half hour a day for "drilling." Not for introverting or introspective actions where one looks inward, but extroverting actions where one looks outward. A meter would not have to be used, and would probably be a distraction.

To you "tech" people: Any suggestion what these drills might be?

science-and-spirituality.jpg

Gib

Crusader
With all the fuss about "upper levels " - and their absence - I felt sorry for the Scientologists.

The old OT levels could be added to the new OT levels, after NOTs and New OT 8, I suppose, and that would add more OT levels - OT levels that the Scientologists hungrily seek.

But what then? - Incorpopating off-Souce materials from the Rosicrucians or Crowley's Magick ("Batra" comes to mind, the 100 years old antecedent of "Route one.")

And then what?

Well, how about "drilling'?

Scienntologists could trace it back to "Source," who emphasized the importance of consistent drilling (of "OT" sensitivities and "OT" abilities).

A Scientologist could set aside a half hour a day for "drilling." Not for introverting or introspective actions where one looks inward, but extroverting actions where one look outward. A meter would not have to be used, and would probably be a distraction.

Veda, DM solved that problem. He ordered everybody, because they were not in PT, do redo all the drills of TR's and Objectives, 300 or so hours worth by actual stats.:thumbsup:

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron

But what then? - Incorporating off-Souce materials from the Rosicrucians or Crowley's Magick ("Batra" comes to mind, the 100 year old antecedent of "Route One.")

And then what?

Well, how about "drilling'?

Scienntologists could trace it back to "Source," who emphasized the importance of consistent drilling (of "OT" sensitivities and "OT" abilities).

Put your bank account next to ours and empty it.

Did you empty it?

Okay good.

Put your IRA account next to our bank account..and empty that.

Did you empty it?

No, TR3^

Did you empty it?

Okay Good!

Put your mother's bank account next to ours and empty that.

Did you empty that?

Okay good. Now..disconnect from her because she balked.

Did you disconnect?

Okay good!

Put your stock portfolio next to our bank account and empty that.

Did you empty it?

No - you don't have anything in it? You emptied it into the IAS bank account 10 years ago to get on Oat Tee Level III? Okay good!

Find a stock portfolio and convince that person to empty that into our bank account!

Did you....
:omg::omg::omg: I would like to indicate you have gone exterior, you are dead and have moved on to Target Two!!

End of session. Please go see the examiner on Target Two.

Veda

Sponsor
Here's 'Batra':

'Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia', published in 1913, by Crowley in the 'Equinox'. It's an exercise that includes spanning attention, visualization (mock ups), specialized mock ups, where a person attempts to place a mock up of the same size, etc., as a physical object, in the same space as the physical object, and projection of consciousness through the solar system.

It even warns about avoiding what amounts to "overrun."

(Note: "Nuit" - as used in the below link - roughly equates to "Infinity.")

http://www.the-equinox.org/vol1/no10/eqi10004.html

Handy navigational aid: http://www.nasa.gov/vision/universe/solarsystem/voyager-interstellar-terms.html

poderes-unidos-aleister-crowley_04.jpg

"The Great Work is the raising of the whole man to the power of infinity."

From 'Magick in Theory and Practice'

Crowley's most concise explanation of Yoga:

"Sit still. Stop thinking. Shut up. Get out!"

Quoting from John Symonds and Kenneth Grant, who were editors of some of Crowley's writings. Regarding 'Batra', above:

"[It] deals with the magical practice of expanding consciousness to the stars and the planets.

"The word 'Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia' is made up of the Greek words for Frog Mind Ox World Battle, and is a play on the title of the Homeric mock epic, the 'Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia' or 'Battle of the Frogs and Mice'. The idea behind the use of this barbarous name, 'Batra', etc. - that is, in pronunciation or vibration - is that it is supposed to create a sense of vertigo in which the mind is freed from its ordinary bounds. Consciousness - so the theory goes - is exalted to infinity by this method."

IMO, it would be beneficial to the human psyche to begin to see the solar system as the immediate environment, rather than just the thin film of livable atmosphere of several miles in which we as human beings dwell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqRQ_93kFKs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqDtUG7RFmI&feature=fvst

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdNDIz1W6f0

Other drills would probably be less far out, and complicated.

The idea would be to exercise long unused spiritual muscles, and to become re-familiar (or familiar) with long unexplored or never before explored realms.

Sounds crazy perhaps, but remember, this is for Scientologists and "tech people," lost without their "next step" in exploring their spiritual abilities.

Or perhaps, Zen, rock climbing, or skydiving might be the next level? :)

PRO_large_CECFFAE7DDEEA00Atandem-skydiving-new-plain-.jpg

whoisxenu

Patron with Honors
"A meter would not have to be used, and would probably be a distraction.

To you "tech" people: Any suggestion what these drills might be?"

I suspect it has to do with inserting a can or two where "the sun don't shine.":no:

Veda

Sponsor
This thread, posted in the Freezone Scientology and Independent Scientology section of this MB, is an invitation to Scientologists to re-think Scientology's obviously failed, and sometimes damaging, "upper levels."

In 1937 a book titled, 'The Middle Pillar' by Israel Regardie was published.

Wrote Regardie:

"[Psycho-therapeutic] Analysis is the logical precursor of spiritual attainment and Magical experiment... Not until the mind and the emotional system have been cleansed and unified by the cathartic process... can the full spiritual benefits of magical work be reflected into the mind of man...

"By endeavoring to extend the horizon of consciousness, to enlarge the field of awareness so as to embrace what previously was unconscious, is obviously a logical method. To become aware of all our actions, our thoughts and emotions and unsuspected motives, to regard them in their true light as actually they are and not as we would like them to be or as we would wish an onlooker to perceive them. It requires, to take this step, an extraordinary degree of honesty and courage... The more of this suppressed and forgotten material stored in this at one time unknown or dormant side of our nature that can be raised to the clear light of day, by exactly so much do we awake from the inert stupor into which we have in the past been plunged."

__________​

This audio/video is sometimes difficult to hear but, if one clicks the top, and goes to YouTube video, there's a transcription of it.

This is Carl Jung addressing his Soul, or perhaps "Higher Self" would be a better description.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt_-LHKff_g

Well, Scientologists, your founder said, "drill, drill, drill" when speaking of spiritual abilities. What do you think he meant?

This?

3369324-299982-beautiful-girl-with-a-drill-drills-head-isolated-on-white-background.jpg

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
DM could finally release Super Power, even if the product sucks.

Flag would have a renascence of some sort surrounding the launch and the cool aid drinkers could newly be content that there's something there available nowhere else.

Possibly even gets rid of some of the beef in the lawsuits filed today over fraudulent regging for Super Power.

It'll take some years for the disgruntled comps to get onto ESMB to let us know they didn't gain super power - whatever that means.

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron

I suspect it would be a form of solo auditing, the commands would be like this:

1) Find a redge ThankYou
2) Give your money over to that redge Thank You
3) Find another redge ... etc

Pete

Veda

Sponsor
Stanford Research Institute experimental psychologist Keith Harary, and Russell Targ, a physicist also from Stanford, wrote a book titled 'Mind Race' (as in 'space race'). It contains a section on the exploitation of psychic phenomena, or the promise of psychic phenomena, by cults.

Both were well aware of Scientology, and had worked with Ingo Swann, who did Scientology's "OT levels," and later (after leaving) described them as "disappointing." Swann claims to have been a natural psychic since childhood.

From the book, 'Mind Race':

"You won't find these groups listed under 'cults' in the Yellow pages. For income tax and public relations purposes, most refer to themselves as 'Churches'. But cults differ from traditional churches in several important ways...

"In our society, a person who is beginning to experience emerging psychic abilities, or who is interested in doing so, has almost nowhere to turn for guidance. Anyone with a purely scholarly interest in Psi research can write to various laboratories or read the research reports. But this information probably will not be of much practical personal use...

"This is the dilemma that leads many people to join cults in the first place. By accepting and exploiting psychic phenomena in a society that does not readily accept them, cults have effectively monopolized the subject of psi. They have exploited many people who are interested in learning about the area, and frightened many others away from ever considering the possibility...

"People are often drawn into cults that claim to offer explanations for psychic functioning, but at great personal, emotional, and financial expense to their followers. We think that giving away your mind is too high a price to pay for psychic development...

"For some people, the exposure to the possibility of developing their own psychic potential, which some cults appear to provide, may initially help certain individuals pay attention to areas of their own awareness that they might not otherwise consider exploring.

"But prolonged exposure to any cult's treatment of psychic abilities may seriously restrict the way its initiates view psychic functioning. And it may keep them from fully developing their actual psychic potential...

"Despite claims to the contrary by numerous factions, there is no evidence of an exclusive relationship between psychic functioning and any particular leader, doctrine , or way of life. Scientific evidence does strongly suggest that the ability to function psychically is a genuine human capacity which, for many people, seems to improve with practice."

________​

Rupert Sheldrake:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alLPTW3MNh4&feature=related

BardoThodol

Silver Meritorious Patron
I'm not sure if the OP contains invidious intent toward "drilling" or what.

Just because Scientologists drill certain abilities doesn't make the practice wrong or stupid. All sports teams drill their basic concepts and plays. Militaries and SWAT teams drill. Marching bands drill.

Practicing an ability is a good thing. When I used to supervise courses I enjoyed getting students to actually communicate naturally on the TRs and auditing drills. Communication is a good thing, and not all of us are skilled at it.

One of the stupid parts of Scientology was getting overrun on stuff. The idea that "keying things in" after a cognition so that the bank became more solid was just counter productive. How can anyone become more able if the fear of what might happen prevents them from moving forward? The point is to be able to actually perform in the face of any obstacle.

Most days I practice a range of mental, spiritual and physical abilities. I drill them. I work on being more capable.

It would be unwise to ridicule drilling simple because Scientologists use the practice foolishly.

Veda

Sponsor
I'm not sure if the OP contains invidious intent toward "drilling" or what.

-snip-

No. it does not. It's an invitation for Scientologists to examine, newly, their "upper levels," and to consider what Hubbard meant (originally in 1952) when he told them to "Driil, drill, drill" to develop spiritual sensitivities and abilities.

Re: Drilling 'Exteriorization':

From Aleister Crowley's 'Magick in Theory and Practice' -

Table of Contents and text: http://www.sacred-texts.com/oto/aba/aba.htm

(This text is mentioned in the 'Philadelphia Doctorate Course' lectures of 1952, with the title 'The Master Therion'.)

Chapter XVIII: '...Body of Light, its Power and Development...' http://www.sacred-texts.com/oto/aba/chap18.htm:

The body of light has degrees of rarification (less dense), and (daily) "rising on the planes," from psychical universe to less dense "planes" is an example of an exercise or drill.

(Pressing 'Control' and 'F' and doing a find on rising on the planes may make navigating this text a little easier.

"You may also try 'Rising on the Planes' with a little practice... you ought to be able to step in and out of the astral body as easily as you slip in and out of a dressing gown. It will then no longer be necessary for your astral body to be sent far off...

"Now, however unsuccessful your experience of getting out of the body may apparently have been, it is most necessary to use every effort to bring it [Body of Light] properly back. Make the Body of Light coincide in space with the physical body... if you fail to do this properly, you may find yourself in serious trouble... you will become aware of this through the occurrence of headaches..."

From my personal experience, one can separate the astral body from the physical, and further separate oneself (as an awareness essence) from the astral body. I've experienced the separation and the reconnecting of these various "bodies" with each other, the realigning (bring together after being apart) of the astral body with the physical, and the more rarefied awareness essence (for want of a better term) with the astral body.

Sometimes the "coupling" together of the astral body with the physical body - like two train cars coupling - can go smoothly, and other times it may occur with a bit of a "crunch."

It's a very interesting area, but one usually forgotten by the person while in normal waking consciousness.

I am grateful that I do not have Scientology as my primary frame of reference for such things, otherwise I might be stuck in Hubbard's very incomplete interpretation of it.

So the question remains for Scientologist: What did your guru mean when he said to "Drill, drill, drill" one's spiritual abilities, and in light of Scentology's failed "upper levels," perhaps new procedures may be appropriate.

Chakras.jpg

Last edited:

Veda

Sponsor
Re posted, as 30 minute time limit prevented correction of several key typos.

__________​

No. it does not. It's an invitation for Scientologists to examine, newly, their "upper levels," and to consider what Hubbard meant (originally in 1952) when he told them to "Driil, drill, drill" to develop spiritual sensitivities and abilities.

Re: Drilling 'Exteriorization':

From Aleister Crowley's 'Magick in Theory and Practice' -

Table of Contents and text: http://www.sacred-texts.com/oto/aba/aba.htm

(This text is mentioned in the 'Philadelphia Doctorate Course' lectures of 1952, with the title 'The Master Therion'.)

Chapter XVIII: '...Body of Light, its Power and Development...' http://www.sacred-texts.com/oto/aba/chap18.htm:

The body of light has degrees of rarification (less dense), and (daily) "rising on the planes," from physical universe to less dense "planes" is an example of an exercise or drill.

(Pressing 'Control' and 'F' and doing a find on rising on the planes may make navigating this text a little easier.

"You may also try 'Rising on the Planes' with a little practice... you ought to be able to step in and out of the astral body as easily as you slip in and out of a dressing gown. It will then no longer be necessary for your astral body to be sent far off...

"Now, however unsuccessful your experience of getting out of the body may apparently have been, it is most necessary to use every effort to bring it [Body of Light] properly back. Make the Body of Light coincide in space with the physical body... if you fail to do this properly, you may find yourself in serious trouble... you will become aware of this through the occurrence of headaches..."

From my personal experience, one can separate the astral body from the physical, and further separate oneself (as an awareness essence) from the astral body. I've experienced the separation and the reconnecting of these various "bodies" with each other, the realigning (bring together after being apart) of the astral body with the physical, and the more rarefied awareness essence (for want of a better term) with the astral body.

Sometimes the "coupling" together of the astral body with the physical body - like two train cars coupling - can go smoothly, and other times it may occur with a bit of a "crunch."

It's a very interesting area, but one usually forgotten by the person while in normal waking consciousness.

I am grateful that I do not have Scientology as my primary frame of reference for such things, otherwise I might be stuck in Hubbard's very incomplete interpretation of it.

So the question remains for Scientologists: What did your guru mean when he said to "Drill, drill, drill" one's spiritual abilities, and in light of Scentology's failed "upper levels," perhaps new procedures may be appropriate.

Chakras.jpg

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
RAW4 at PaulsRobot is all drill. It involves reaching and withdrawing to the four "dimensions" of human existence, per Barbara Brennan's explanations (illustrations and text included in the module):

1. The physical body
  2. The aura bodies/chakras/meridians
  3. The hara level
  4. The core star

It's nigh on impossible to do with any reality beyond the easy* part of 1, but I figure that if one works at it for a while one will get better at it.

*The easy part of reaching and withdrawing with the physical body is using bits you can see. Doing it on your liver, for example, is a bit trickier, but probably not outside the reality of a Scio or ex. Using higher sense perceptions to actually perceive within these different dimensions is covered in the SpotAnAngel module, and is even more impossible. :biggrin:

RAW4 is at http://paulsrobot3.com/woowoo/raw4 or preferably use your own downloaded copy. :)

SpotAnAngel is at http://paulsrobot3.com/woowoo/spotanangel

Paul

Veda

Sponsor
Resurrecting this thread on the slight possibility that anyone else might have any suggestions - serious suggestions - for spiritual or psychological or para-psychological drills or exercises.

Gib

Crusader
Resurrecting this thread on the slight possibility that anyone else might have any suggestions - serious suggestions - for spiritual or psychological or para-psychological drills or exercises.

I have no serious suggestions.

I didn't know when I read dianetics back in 1986 that I was going to be involved with mysticism or the occult. I was raised as a child to not having any religious experiences nor thoughts in that direction. I was raised as a part atheist and part religious person but none of which were never enforced nor discussed in my upbringing from my parents. My school system didn't enforce either as well.

phenomanon

Canyon

A good one is what I think is named "Objective ARC". I go outside and notice things.

p+c

Aiki

Patron with Honors

Plenty but depends what your aim is.

Peace.Aiki.

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious
I think learning to recite Dianutty in its entirety from memory, without going crazy, would be a remarkable accomplishment and reap all kinds of rewards -- a testament to the power of clear and OT.

Making apples fall from trees and then putting them in baskets, using only the power of the mind.

Another challenge might be learning how to smoke an entire pack of cigarettes at once. Here is what looks to be a Sea Org member practicing:
[video=youtube_share;OPszEzUHbQ4]http://youtu.be/OPszEzUHbQ4[/video]
I'm sure even Hubbard didn't accomplish any of these these things so they would be worthy of the prestigious Freedom Medal of Freedom.

rich

Silver Meritorious Patron
I like to read this shit while sitting at the picknick table in the shade at the Alzheimer's home ,drinking a beer and listening to the patients talk to the invisible people about peperonie recipes.
"Want a piece of chicken? Want a chicken breast?"