What's new

DriverJan in search of help for Anthro Paper

RogerB

Crusader
OK, DJ . . .

The info I posted for another student doing a paper on a variation of Scientology will likely help you . . .

Pay particular attention to the ENFORCEMENT practices of Scientology whereby it dictates what must be with colossal detrimental punishment procedures for those who dare to think independently . . . also check out the NEGLECT of children raised within the organizations of children of parents who are staff members!!!

The link I mention:
http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/looking-for-scientologists-to-interview.46318/#post-1167380

DriverJan

Patron
Hi Driver Jan and welcome!

Never in here so won't answer from personal experience. Just a few notes.

You should be aware there are people here who still have family in. They won't give too much detail so as to avoid those family in to disconnect from them. So that gives a problem for the research. Also people's experiences while in Scientology are not exactly all roses so they might not want to tell about it too much as it brings back bad memories.

In my signature you can find two lists: a list with names of exes speaking out including lots of videos with people telling their stories, and a list of people who were disconnected from. Maybe that helps.

Also in 2011 someone did a survey amongst people who got out of the cult. It may help: http://cofsexit.blogspot.nl/2011/01/scientology-exit-survey-results.html

(Could be there are dead links, but just google and go from there.)

I would think the first rule for anyone doing a paper would be to find out what already has been found out. :D
Thanks! I checked out those lists, and I have been working on learning what has already been found out. I've watched all of Leah Remin's series, and read Going Clear. I came to this message board precisely because it is next-to-impossible to get anyone still in Scientology to talk about it, especially kinship relationships, which are the focus of my research. Those relationships are too painful for many to talk about. However, people on this board have been very kind to me and helped a lot. And I do thank you for pointing me to more information, and for the welcome. This board seems to be a great, supportive community.

DriverJan

Patron
OK, DJ . . .

The info I posted for another student doing a paper on a variation of Scientology will likely help you . . .

Pay particular attention to the ENFORCEMENT practices of Scientology whereby it dictates what must be with colossal detrimental punishment procedures for those who dare to think independently . . . also check out the NEGLECT of children raised within the organizations of children of parents who are staff members!!!

The link I mention:
http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/looking-for-scientologists-to-interview.46318/#post-1167380
Thanks for the link. Neglect of Scientology children is a big part of my paper. The more I learn, the more disturbing and dangerous I find the culture of Scientology. Thanks to the people on this board, I'm getting a real handle on my focus for this paper.

DriverJan

Patron
DriverJan, this new version of your questionnaire is much improved. One small point - in the section "if you joined scientology as an adult" I don't think question 3 is necessary since you've already asked if they were public, staff or Sea Org in question 2.

In answer to the question of how they would know if you were in contact with a declared SP, it could be because someone else knows about it and reports you (every scientologist is instructed to report everything they know about that is against the rules). Or it could be disclosed if you are being audited. An auditor is trained to look for anything a person may be withholding and to drag it out of them.
Those reports are Knowledge Reports, yes? Thanks for the further input on the questionnaire too. I understand that if you live on Gold Base, all letters in and out are read by other staff.

DriverJan

Patron
A BIG thanks to all who've helped me out so far! I won't be able to write this paper with out you.
Thank-You-Picture-1.jpg

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Those reports are Knowledge Reports, yes? Thanks for the further input on the questionnaire too. I understand that if you live on Gold Base, all letters in and out are read by other staff.
I have never been on Gold Base/INT but I think not only letters but also phone calls go through the communications department which contains the
Ethics Officer who or who's assigned assistant may or may not censor the content of those communications. I don't think it is correct that all other staff would know about those letters/calls but certainly many staff may or may not have access to them for varying reasons. Big Brother is always watching at Gold Base would be one way to put it.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yes, Knowledge Reports. Everyone is instructed to write them - staff, public and sea org.

Also, scientologists are constantly being monitored and questioned. Staff and sea org have statistics for the job they do and those statistics are very important. If the stats aren't rising then questions will be asked and the reasons found. No excuse is acceptable. Public scientologists have to constantly pay for more courses, books, auditing etc. If they don't then questions will be asked and no excuse is acceptable.

DriverJan

Patron
Yes, Knowledge Reports. Everyone is instructed to write them - staff, public and sea org.

Also, scientologists are constantly being monitored and questioned. Staff and sea org have statistics for the job they do and those statistics are very important. If the stats aren't rising then questions will be asked and the reasons found. No excuse is acceptable. Public scientologists have to constantly pay for more courses, books, auditing etc. If they don't then questions will be asked and no excuse is acceptable.
Thank you. All fodder for the paper, but there is such pain behind it all.

DriverJan

Patron
I have never been on Gold Base/INT but I think not only letters but also phone calls go through the communications department which contains the
Ethics Officer who or who's assigned assistant may or may not censor the content of those communications. I don't think it is correct that all other staff would know about those letters/calls but certainly many staff may or may not have access to them for varying reasons. Big Brother is always watching at Gold Base would be one way to put it.
Thanks for the clarification. Big Brother huh. Sounds like George Orwell and LRH had similar ideas. I wonder if they knew each other?

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hubbard never told us but he kept not only Xenu in a wired mountain cage, but he also kept George Orwell in pawn. Where do you think he got his money to buy Saint Hill England...........LOL okay okay I prevaricated that last about George but hubbard I am sure would sign approved....or not...and I don't really care what the Conman approves or not anyhow.

Last edited:

DriverJan

Patron
Well folks, the paper is done! Turned in and waiting for the grade. I'm now in the process of putting together a class presentation with slides, etc. I want to thank you all for your contributions, answers, information, and sharing your personal stories with me.

I will keep coming here from time to time to touch base with all of you. You are the best.

I hope to post a grade very soon.

Thanks Again!!!!

TrevAnon

Big List researcher
Well folks, the paper is done! Turned in and waiting for the grade. I'm now in the process of putting together a class presentation with slides, etc. I want to thank you all for your contributions, answers, information, and sharing your personal stories with me.

I will keep coming here from time to time to touch base with all of you. You are the best.

I hope to post a grade very soon.

Thanks Again!!!!
Better post your grade before Thursday at 2.... :D

Last edited: