What's new

Drumroll please........

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I'm very pleased to announce the launch of "Ex Scientologist Message Board Redux".

Following my post, the new owner/administrator will reveal himself and give you all the details you need to register today and start posting straight away!

Ladies & gentlemen, the end of one era, and the beginning of another!

Put your hands in the air! :woohoo::clap2::runaround::hi5:

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
I've been a member here on ESMB since the day I decided to exit the co$. It has been a key resource in my journey out.

When I heard Emma was going to close ESMB to live posts, I was bummed. I wanted to keep ESMB alive. So I talked to Emma about that. I understand her reasons for not wanting to pass ESMB on to someone else. I told her that I would like to start a new board to continue in the spirit that Emma created ESMB. Emma thought it was a good idea and she even got her anonymous donor to fund the new board. She also helped me get it setup.

I hope you all will find a home on ESMB Redux and continue to make a place for people to tell their stories, reconnect with friends, make new friends and carry on existing friendships you have made here on ESMB.

While the look might be a bit different. You'll find the same categories that you have here. There's a bit more work to do, like adding a chat facility and a smily picker, but the board is ready for you.

It's a blank canvas. I'm sure you all will enjoy painting on it :D

http://exscn2.net

P&B

:party::thewave:

oh PS: Sorry it wasn't Paul :D But hopefully I'll be a worthy admin.

Last edited:

Veda

Sponsor
I've been a member here on ESMB since the day I decided to exit the co$. It has been a key resource in my journey out.

When I heard Emma was going to close ESMB to live posts, I was bummed. I wanted to keep ESMB alive. So I talked to Emma about that. I understand her reasons for not wanting to pass ESMB on to someone else. I told her that I would like to start a new board to continue in the spirit that Emma created ESMB. Emma thought it was a good idea and she even got her anonymous donor to fund the new board. She also helped me get it setup.

I hope you all will find a home on ESMB Redux and continue to make a place for people to tell their stories, reconnect with friends, make new friends and carry on existing friendships you have made here on ESMB.

While the look might be a bit different. You'll find the same categories that you have here. There's a bit more work to do, like adding a chat facility and a smily picker, but the board is ready for you.

P&B

Will it be possible to transfer selected posts from ESMB to ESMB Redux?

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
I am hoping that the entire database of posts will also be installed in ESMB Redux.
And then continue from there.

Is that going to happen?

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

P&B

You will be perfect!

Many thanks for doing this and thanks to @Emma too for bothering to arrange it all for us.

:)

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

P&B

That is very generous from your part to allow the folks here a new ESMB spirit home to keep continuing sharing and socializing ( none to mention to persue the other ESMB mission )

I am grateful you are doing so and you will be a perfect admin.;)
Thanks to Emma for assisting you in making this comes true. It will certainly be great refief and such an exciting news for ESMBers and lurkers.

I will be glad to registered and ensure that my participation will not impose moderation work. That is the least we must contribute to make it as easy and smooth as it can be for you.

Much thanks !:foryou:

:bighug:
:grouphug:

Last edited:

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I didn't mean sharing... I meant copy to continue on.
Why not do that? (I am puzzled.)
If you export the database it comes complete. Posts link to members which link to other stuff. It's all interactive. You can't just import posts. It won't work.

Veda

Sponsor
We don't want your user names to be hijacked by somebody else registering your name. If that should happen it will be remedied.

If you post in here that you've registered then I can cross-check.

Also, if you're anonymous here, you will be anonymous on ESMB Redux.
Despite "Veda" being on the top right of the new MB, I am being told I "have insufficient privilege to reply here."

???

Is there any way to by pass these problems?

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Yes, I am very surprised that the database cannot be cloned to the new MB.
You research it, you work out how to transfer a database that has posts from 4000 unique users, and to transfer that to a board that has 20 unique users, with different number identifiers, and a different code set, and a different version of the software.

Reactions: UTR