What's new

Elizabeth Gale has left the Church of Scientology

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Elizabeth Gale has left the Church of Scientology.

Mike Rinder has posted Elizabeth Gale's open letter, "Why I cut ties with my Scientologist mother." Elizabeth's letter and Mike's introduction are both long, well-written, thorough, and compulsory reading. The letter is excerpted only briefly below.

Mike Rinder: Letting Go — Out From “Under The Radar

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/letting-go-out-from-under-the-radar/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Why I Cut Ties With My Scientologist Mother

By Elizabeth Gale

Today I cut ties with my mother, the most dedicated Scientologist I know.

Why did I end our relationship? Because I was raised in the Church of Scientology. I was slated to be a third-generation Scientologist, if I hadn’t grown up and rejected it. I have grown tired of living under the constant emotional fear and threat that Scientology represents in my life. I am tired of the anvil of disconnection hanging over my head, having to tiptoe around my feeling and the ridiculous requirement to pretend Scientology is okay.

Today I ripped off the band-aid that’s been festering my entire life.

[SNIP]

So today I say goodbye to anxiety, the fear, the threat of losing my family. Because I have a true family that I will never abandon, and I will never choose religion or dogma over. What I have given up today is a mother who has learned how to love from the Church of Scientology – a type of love that can be taken away at any moment. A type of love that is contingent upon keeping quiet about Scientology’s abuses. Now that I have been free to learn about other religions and ways of life outside the thought constraints of the church, I know this is not what real love is.

‘Aint nobody got time for that.

So today I say goodbye to the spiritual extortion. I say goodbye to threats, to silencing, to censoring and to ruling with fear. I don’t blame my mother for these things, but she is still playing the Scientology game and I want out.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * *

Last edited:

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
She did what I also did many years ago. It takes either lots of bravery, or reaching so far to the depths of despair that you just don't care about all that you will lose; or both. It just reaches a point where you know you have to make a break and re-start your life, as a free person again, with honesty and integrity. And if you don't you will explode, because living a lie will tear you apart.

Excellent write-up. If more and more others who are also under the radar (UTR) began to stand up, it would make an impact on those left who are sitting on the fence.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat

Mike Rinder has Elizabeth Gale's open letter, "Why I cut ties with my Scientologist mother." Elizabeth's letter and Mike's introduction are both long, well-written, thorough, and compulsory reading. The letter is excerpted only briefly below.

Why I Cut Ties With My Scientologist Mother

By Elizabeth Gale

Today I cut ties with my mother, the most dedicated Scientologist I know.

Why did I end our relationship? Because I was raised in the Church of Scientology. I was slated to be a third-generation Scientologist, if I hadn’t grown up and rejected it. I have grown tired of living under the constant emotional fear and threat that Scientology represents in my life. I am tired of the anvil of disconnection hanging over my head, having to tiptoe around my feeling and the ridiculous requirement to pretend Scientology is okay.

Today I ripped off the band-aid that’s been festering my entire life.

[SNIP]

So today I say goodbye to anxiety, the fear, the threat of losing my family. Because I have a true family that I will never abandon, and I will never choose religion or dogma over. What I have given up today is a mother who has learned how to love from the Church of Scientology – a type of love that can be taken away at any moment. A type of love that is contingent upon keeping quiet about Scientology’s abuses. Now that I have been free to learn about other religions and ways of life outside the thought constraints of the church, I know this is not what real love is.

‘Aint nobody got time for that.

So today I say goodbye to the spiritual extortion. I say goodbye to threats, to silencing, to censoring and to ruling with fear. I don’t blame my mother for these things, but she is still playing the Scientology game and I want out.

I read her whole letter.

What a brave young woman.

Kudos to her.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

Mike Rinder has Elizabeth Gale's open letter, "Why I cut ties with my Scientologist mother." Elizabeth's letter and Mike's introduction are both long, well-written, thorough, and compulsory reading. The letter is excerpted only briefly below.

By Elizabeth Gale

snip

What I have given up today is a mother who has learned how to love from the Church of Scientology – a type of love that can be taken away at any moment. A type of love that is contingent upon keeping quiet about Scientology’s abuses

So true, so well said....

Good luck to this brave soul!
Life bless you!

I also knew David when he was on staff at NYO/d back in late sixties – he was the dissem sec. and I was one of his juniors. He was a really bright smart guy. Wow. I had no idea he passed so long ago.Too sad.

Liz, I wish you the best of luck and maybe some day your mom will wake up.

Mimsey

phenomanon

Canyon
I also knew David when he was on staff at NYO/d back in late sixties – he was the dissem sec. and I was one of his juniors. He was a really bright smart guy. Wow. I had no idea he passed so long ago.Too sad.

Liz, I wish you the best of luck and maybe some day your mom will wake up.

Mimsey
There was an OT Summit in Long Beach Ca in 1970. I was racing across the desert to get there when my car threw a rod. I limped into Tucson and stopped at the Scn Center. The Gales were proprietors. I left my car with a sweet guy with a long *Swedish* name, and the Gales drove my Daughter and I to Long Beach with them. Were you related?
Then, in late 70's I audited an older man named Gale who was, I think, newly into Scn & wanted to attest to Clear. I think they let him. His name might have been Philip, I don't recall.
As you Auditors know, the names and faces and words of the people we audit are all sort of blank in our memory. PCs want to feel that their "case" is unusual, or difficult, or whatever, but to the Auditor it is all in a day's work.
Interested to know if this is all one family, or are there more than one familiy named Gale in COS?

There was an OT Summit in Long Beach Ca in 1970. I was racing across the desert to get there when my car threw a rod. I limped into Tucson and stopped at the Scn Center. The Gales were proprietors. I left my car with a sweet guy with a long *Swedish* name, and the Gales drove my Daughter and I to Long Beach with them. Were you related?
Then, in late 70's I audited an older man named Gale who was, I think, newly into Scn & wanted to attest to Clear. I think they let him. His name might have been Philip, I don't recall.
As you Auditors know, the names and faces and words of the people we audit are all sort of blank in our memory. PCs want to feel that their "case" is unusual, or difficult, or whatever, but to the Auditor it is all in a day's work.
Interested to know if this is all one family, or are there more than one familiy named Gale in COS?
I dunno about any other Gales than David Gale - If you go to Rinder's site - there is a copy of the news paper article about them.

But, but - I was there for the same event in Long Beach - do you recall - at one point they announced Ron's dad? He was in the middle of the audience. As I recall everybody was hoping Ron would show up, but instead he had them play a short tape - What are you going to do about it?" I think was the title. I think everybody was a little put off he was a no show. How did you like the event?

Mimsey

LA SCN

NOT drinking the kool-aid

I got into Scn in '72 at the Tucson scn center (mission) - Carol Gale was the franchise holder and Vern Gale was the ED. They ran it out of their home at the time I went there. They had 2 sons - early and mid teens. Can't remember their names. Last talked to Vern in '84 - he was fairly disaffected and referred me to the write-up of the infamous '82 Mission Holders Conference in SFO where Miscavige and his henchmen went Nazi. Vern and Carol did the BC at St. Hill and Alan Walters was one of their supes.

But I digress - didn't know any other Gales that I recall.

phenomanon

Canyon
I got into Scn in '72 at the Tucson scn center (mission) - Carol Gale was the franchise holder and Vern Gale was the ED. They ran it out of their home at the time I went there. They had 2 sons - early and mid teens. Can't remember their names. Last talked to Vern in '84 - he was fairly disaffected and referred me to the write-up of the infamous '82 Mission Holders Conference in SFO where Miscavige and his henchmen went Nazi. Vern and Carol did the BC at St. Hill and Alan Walters was one of their supes.

But I digress - didn't know any other Gales that I recall.

Yep. Vern and Carol. They were really nice to me. I was Staff at Alan's Dallas Mission at the time.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Like so many of us who left scientology thinking we have thrown our " eternal freedom " away, I trust she'll find she has never been so free as being free of scientology really is freedom, real freedom !

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Like so many of us who left scientology thinking we have thrown our " eternal freedom " away, I trust she'll find she has never been so free as being free of scientology really is freedom, real freedom !

As far as I am aware, (although I could of course be wrong on this one) the concept of "losing one's eternity" wasn't around in my day and is just something Miscavige dreamed up to frighten the children.

Last edited:

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
As far as I am aware, (although I could of course be wrong on this one) the concept of 'losing ones eternity' wasn't around in my day and is just something Miscavige dreamed up to frighten the children.

Back in my day, mid 70s, being declared under LRH was to cost one their eternity as they could no longer have scn. The concept of losing ones eternity was very much in play while dm was still a kid getting schooled in perversions.

Veda

Sponsor
As far as I am aware, (although I could of course be wrong on this one) the concept of 'losing ones eternity' wasn't around in my day and is just something Miscavige dreamed up to frighten the children.

I'm pretty sure that From Clear to Eternity was written by Hubbard. An excerpt:

As I continue to research, I never cease to be amazed at the amount of gain potentially available to an individual...

So what is one really looking at? The higher the level, the longer the time - because one is handling a higher band of potential gain.

And what is one rising to, after all?

One is rising to eternity

And that is your future - ETERNITY.

It will be good for you or bad...

Not only was Hubbard shamelessly trying to frighten people with an old gimmick, he was letting Scientologists know that audited NOTs was going to be a long level that took a long time. It couldn't have helped morale that becoming "OT" officially took forever to accomplish.

But where did this come from? Was it just another "enemy tactic" that Hubbard was using on the unsuspecting Scientologists?

Yep.

This one was mentioned thirty years earlier in a lecture from 1952, during the loose-lipped days, when Hubbard talkatively exposed many of the "enemy tactics" he would later use (and, in some instances, was then already using) on Scientologists.

As I recall, this comment was made in the context of criticizing the Roman Catholic Church, and the Roman Catholic Church using it to frighten and control people. (Note that Hubbard, fifteen years later, talked of how the Catholic Church had used "R6 bank" images and symbols to "implant its way to power," and then, himself, used, and ordered used, "R6 bank" images and symbols to forward Scientology.) Anyone with a box of old cassette recordings of the Philadelphia Doctorate Course lectures and an old cassette player can take lecture #40, side 2, around 312 - provided there's a counter on the cassette player - and find the complete statement.

At that same time (1952) Hubbard was scaring people by telling them they, without Scientology, would become "MEST," etc., and he would later use "endless agonized trillions" to scare people, but he didn't get around to scaring them with ominous repetitions of "eternity!" until 1982.

This is an excerpt from 1952 PDC tape #40, sans the additional explanation (noted above), which would be interesting to hear if someone would dig it up :):

Yap, yap, yap, yap, eternity, eternity, eternity. Hell, there isn't any such thing as time, how the hell can there be an eternity? This is very weird. Eternal, eternal, boy, every time you turn around in this universe, you see eternity, forever, infinity of time. They don't exist.​

In the short 1982 piece, 'From Clear to Eternity', Hubbard used the word "eternity" nine times.

Hubbard's confidential instructions to Scientologists are that they are to use "aberrative" and "enemy tactics" on Scientology's enemies. Hubbard also, secretly, used "aberrative" and "enemy tactics" on Scientologists.

Hubbard would often publicly mention "enemy tactics" and, inevitably, present himself as the opponent of those tactics. This assured Scientologists that Hubbard would never use such tactics on them.

This is an old confidence man trick, most memorable in Scientology with Hubbard's references to "freedom," etc., and his depicting himself as "anti-authoritarian," etc. And, of course, let's not forget his assurances that Scientology does not use hypnosis and, in deed, that Scientology "de-hypnotizes" people.

One of the earliest to recognize this pattern, used by Hubbard, was Volney Mathison, who, in 1954, wrote:

"First he [Hubbard] denounces and exposes... then he uses the very power he has denounced."

dianetics-hypnosis-by-volney.jpg

Today Tony has an interesting post about Liz Gale's disconnection from her mom, Marie. I have to say while it was an interesting turn of events, I find my self having a similar viewpoint. There are times I don't want to deal with the Scientologists I know, or run across, since I have no interest in it. I mainly keep a low profile, these are people I like and don't want to put them on the spot, to make them have to make an uncomfortable choice. A choice, that would otherwise be unnecessary, were it not for the Churches - no compromise attitude - you're with us or agin' us. They don't understand their eternity is not on the line - it will (if you believe in the existence of the spiritual side of men as I do) never be taken away from them.

Mimsey

http://tonyortega.org/2016/11/28/ho...-her-own-mother-scientology-style/#more-35737