What's new

Emmy nominations for Leah Remini's Scientology and the aftermath

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Actually Phenomama just ran a case remedy on me - no tongue in cheek - her post exteriorized me from current material space time and I heard very faintly but very clearly...

the singing of the castrati...

by God! they really could sing!

And it wasn't the Holy See that did the knackering which was illegal and as they were often opera stars they were a source of prosperity for poor families but they were also often forced into prostitution so the Holy see was probably doing them a good turn taking them in...

Anyway...

The Babe did knock three out of Forbes Field just before he hung up the spikes in '35

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I REPEAT Pitsy

As I have repeatedly stated over several years

The claim is VERY SOLIDLY supported by an absolute utterly unblemished absence of evidence of any harm done
The only absence of evidence I'm seeing is an absence of evidence of any logical arguments supporting your claim.

But Hoaxie's suggestion of a moratorium probably is a wise one.

You have an inability and/or an unwillingness to acknowledge the truth when it comes to this subject, so it's pointless to discuss it.

The only truthful thing you've acknowledged is that you fit the dictionary definition of Hubbard's Apologist.

And on that point I would absolutely agree with you.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
The only absence of evidence I'm seeing is an absence of evidence of any logical arguments supporting your claim.

But Hoaxie's suggestion of a moratorium probably is a wise one.

You have an inability and/or an unwillingness to acknowledge the truth when it comes to this subject, so it's pointless to discuss it.

The only truthful thing you've acknowledged is that you fit the dictionary definition of Hubbard's Apologist.

And on that point I would absolutely agree with you.
Although I am tempted to express curiosity vis-a-vis your blindness to the absence of any evidence in support of Derek sustaining harm from his brief ordeal i'm in on a greene moratorium.

But I certainly ponied up direct and definitive to your query so now you have pledged response to my own (which Phenomenon has now greatly softened. Madre Dios!!! The castrati could SING!!! Back when the Soviet Union was still extant it was said that in Germany everything is prohibited except that which is permitted; in France everything is permitted except that which is prohibited; in the USSR everything is prohibited including that which is permitted but in Italy Eeeeeeevrything is permitted Especially! That which is prohibited. For other peoples it is orwellian doublethink but it is natural to an Italian to grasp there are things which MUST be prohibited but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be done. Castrating eight year old boys is so grievous a crime even the Italians, after several centuries, stopped as well. This must have been one of Garibaldi's achievements I suppose. But now I've heard them across time. What is condemned upon this mortal plane is exonerated in Eternity)

I may fit the dictionary definition of apologist Pitsy but whereas with deft agile jocular exposition I have just caricatured the cunning old buzzard as a child abusing Hassidic rabbi in a sailor suit...

I really don't fit the profile of apologist

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Although I am tempted to express curiosity vis-a-vis your blindness to the absence of any evidence in support of Derek sustaining harm from his brief ordeal i'm in on a greene moratorium.
I don't have to present evidence that Derek sustained harm because I never made the claim that he did.

You're the one who repeatedly had made a claim that he was UNHARMED, despite providing zero evidence to support your position.

A child, or even an adult, who experiences trauma can be harmed, and that harm can be long-lasting. While you keep claiming that Derek experienced "mild discomfort", the stories about him (that you've seen and acknowledged in the "In defense of Hubbard" thread) don't support that. Such as this:

The four-year-old boy could no longer cry. He had been nearly 4 hours in the chain locker of the flagship Apollo and his entire body was aching from his efforts to chip off rust. His knees and hands were raw with cuts and bruises. His voice was raspy from crying, and he was desperately afraid. He was constantly making resolutions to never, never again eat the Commodore's telexes — the most recent crime of which he had been accused.
Bent Corydon (1987): "Messiah or Madman?"

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I am a professing christian; do you think you or anyone else can bend fold spindle or mutilate my christian faith by continually and continuously hurling the tale of the castrati at me?
No, but this is a bad analogy. Christians don't do this these days and haven't for a hundred years.

Whereas Scientologists continue to commit horrific human rights violations and are compelled to continue doing so because it is required by their "religious scriptures".

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Pitsy, I wouldn't want my kid in the Cadet Org and if I were around any of my own offspring after they turned eighteen I'd make sure they had at least one friend who would turn them on to acid. Disconnection rots. Sea Org conditions for the lowly swampers are scabrous, though apparently mostly up to code but not consensus i.e. they got food shelter and clothing (Code) but are effectively slave labor for things like constructing meters (Consensus is churches don't have to pay their monks but should pay secular wage for secular tasks) Headley in "Blown For Good" tells one brief tale well worthy of note. He and some others were being disciplined for some infractions and they were being run around the place paced by some jackass on a motorbike.

No.

E.

N.

No.

Would R. Lee Ermey either in the Kubrick flick "Full Metal Jacket" or at Camp LeJeune run recruits riding a motorbike?

Would R. Lee Ermey enjoy having the jackass on the motorbike in his training platoon so he could demonstrate the correct way to run your charges; taking every step alongside while injecting decibels into the ear

A sergeant does that in our Armed Forces and either his CO court martials him or the C.O. gets courtmartialed with him

Paraphrasing myself...

CoS sucks syphylitc platypus prick.

But they come up far short of horrific. Most of the seriously annoying things happen in the SeaOrg starting with robbing the cradle but they're doing things that they can do that if they choose and if you don't swing with that you walk.

Which is what both you and I and HH and all the rest of us did

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't have to present evidence that Derek sustained harm because I never made the claim that he did.

You're the one who repeatedly had made a claim that he was UNHARMED, despite providing zero evidence to support your position.

A child, or even an adult, who experiences trauma can be harmed, and that harm can be long-lasting. While you keep claiming that Derek experienced "mild discomfort", the stories about him (that you've seen and acknowledged in the "In defense of Hubbard" thread) don't support that. Such as this:

The four-year-old boy could no longer cry. He had been nearly 4 hours in the chain locker of the flagship Apollo and his entire body was aching from his efforts to chip off rust. His knees and hands were raw with cuts and bruises. His voice was raspy from crying, and he was desperately afraid. He was constantly making resolutions to never, never again eat the Commodore's telexes — the most recent crime of which he had been accused.
Bent Corydon (1987): "Messiah or Madman?"
Corydon writes acceptable prose for an amateur; bring on the violins and we'll give his aunt Martha words a score

You said HH's call for a moratorium was probably wise but I suppose you'd need a derrick to dispose of the cases of soylent Greene stored in your backyard

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
No, but this is a bad analogy. Christians don't do this these days and haven't for a hundred years.

Whereas Scientologists continue to commit horrific human rights violations and are compelled to continue doing so because it is required by their "religious scriptures".
So to do christians

also because they believe their scripture requires it

I'm a professing christian and a trained and experienced auditor and i'm quite certain both scriptures hold me to keep in my own honor, ethos, responsibility and integrity

Back in 1969 I was on active duty in Korea but had the dice fallen different I might have been in My Lai. Would I have followed Lieutenant Calley's order to fire? That question bends folds and spindles my Patriotism

but it don't mutilate it...

Hell...

That would be a real happy choice don't you think?

I'd be right either way.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
You said HH's call for a moratorium was probably wise but I suppose you'd need a derrick to dispose of the cases of soylent Greene stored in your backyard
Yes, it's wise...

Just was responding to your accusation of "blindness".

***Start of Session Moratorium***

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
So to do christians

also because they believe their scripture requires it
Certainly there are some extremists who do some crazy stuff in the name of Christianity.

While I am not a particularly big fan of ANY organized religion, based upon my life experiences I would take my chances with trusting a Christian over a Scientologist 100 times out of 100.

Plus, Christianity doesn't charge people $500,000 to either save them or allow you to know their beliefs. A big advantage over Scientology I would say.
:faceslap:

And Christian Churches deal with criticism a bit better as well than Scientology. Even after harshly criticizing Christianity, they don't attempt to destroy your family, kill your pets, lie to the media about you, etc.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
So any way...

Ron tells no lie about Sara; he wasn't legally married and even if he were it was an anullable tryst...

He loved that (apparently) hot little witch and they had some fun times. He surely was, as always tempermental and she was incontestably a she.

I really don't know all that much about their affair. Of course the critical spinmeisters for years had me believing Elron ran off with Parsnips main squeeze I eventually learned Sara's older sister Helen was Jack's old lady and he was banging her on the side probably starting when she was still jailbait. I've seen a photo of her at, I think 19 and she looks like an energetic young woman eminently pleased with the size and shape of her bust. And having herself a website at Alt. Religion dot polkadot suggests she may have been a more interesting conversationalist than her bobbysocks and saddleshoes classmates.

There was by her perhaps somewhat vague testimony some stormy weather but there's no trips to a local ER, no police blotter entries, no one reports seeing her sporting a shiner and photos display an unbroken nose. A photograph of her with Ron holding up Alexis not long before the brown stuff hit the fan shows both of them with large smiles and bright eyes. Abused women don't give good photo ops; the good times outweighed the bad until they didn't...

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Certainly there are some extremists who do some crazy stuff in the name of Christianity.

While I am not a particularly big fan of ANY organized religion, based upon my life experiences I would take my chances with trusting a Christian over a Scientologist 100 times out of 100.

Plus, Christianity doesn't charge people $500,000 to either save them or allow you to know their beliefs. A big advantage over Scientology I would say.
:faceslap:

And Christian Churches deal with criticism a bit better as well than Scientology. Even after harshly criticizing Christianity, they don't attempt to destroy your family, kill your pets, lie to the media about you, etc.
Gruesome...

Pitsy...

Any time you shake hands with a scientologist make sure you count your fingers afterward...

Oy Gevalt!?!

There is... uhh... some variety in the conduct of various churches. My ace henchman Billy Martin's grandmother was one of them the most prosperous women in Montreal in the 30's. Catholic Church forged papers saying she gave them two apartment buildings, probably worth a couple mill today...

Anyway...

Hasta manana amigo!

phenomanon

Canyon
Actually Phenomama just ran a case remedy on me - no tongue in cheek - her post exteriorized me from current material space time and I heard very faintly but very clearly...

the singing of the castrati...

by God! they really could sing!

And it wasn't the Holy See that did the knackering which was illegal and as they were often opera stars they were a source of prosperity for poor families but they were also often forced into prostitution so the Holy see was probably doing them a good turn taking them in...

Anyway...

The Babe did knock three out of Forbes Field just before he hung up the spikes in '35
A novel, written by Anne Rice, and titled "Cry To Heaven" is a story of Castrati that you will never forget.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
It takes only one ounce of emotional intelligence, a very basic psychology knowledge and a little experience with kids ( usually dad\mum has it)
To understand the possible traumatic sequels of such cruel and fearful abuse to a small kid.

I am always stunned at your lack of basic empathy toward kids suffering in the cult vs the great compassion you display to come to the defense of the abuser..Dr Hubbard , the great humanitaire and his great work.

There must be an explanation only you know!

Clay Pigeon

I have just caricatured the cunning old buzzard as a child abusing Hassidic rabbi in a sailor suit...

I really don't fit the profile of apologist
But tomorrow, you will Forget and praise him....again!

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Leah was nominated for another Emmy! :happydance:

This is for Season Three which ended several months ago.

Leah Remini’s ‘Aftermath’ nominated for another Emmy: Tell her your favorite scenes
https://tonyortega.org/2019/07/17/l...r-another-emmy-tell-her-your-favorite-scenes/

From People.com
https://people.com/tv/emmys-2019-nominee-reactions/

Leah Remini, who’s Scientology And The Aftermath, was nominated for outstanding informational series or special, gave a statement to PEOPLE:

“Thank you so much to the Television Academy for this honor, and for once again continuing to recognize our show,” she said. “This wouldn’t be possible without A&E and our amazing crew and producers. As a result of making this show, they get harassed, stalked and slandered every day for giving a platform to Scientology’s victims. We are grateful to be given the opportunity to share a project with the world that gives a voice to the victims of an abusive cult. Thank you for this recognition and for your support for those who bravely speak out and are continually attacked by Scientology for doing so.”

Last edited: