What's new

Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)

Minuet #1 in G

Patron with Honors
Hi Paul
I have been using EFT for some time, maybe a year or so. I have used it for stuff that was hanging around that I had my attention on and dealt with it. I had a major cognition on nature of reality. Used it for pains and a migraine that cleared up within a few minutes. Other pains are handled by it to.
Usually I feel a discharge of energy only, sometimes there is a unseen consideration that comes to the surface and on recognition the energy related to that blows. It is similar to what happened during sessions on 7 in terms of a feeling like a blowdown occuring. After about 5 -10 minutes, usually space goes quiet.

Min

http://minueting.weebly.com

LEAPFROG

Patron with Honors
A friend sent me a couple of videos from the set sold by Gary Craig. He allows buyers to give away up to 100 copies, so this is with his blessing. I watched them and have been trying out EFT over the past couple of days. The basic theory is that undesirable conditions like phobias and even medical conditions are caused by imbalances in the person's electrical field, and this can be remedied by addressing the person's energy field. The basic technique involves the client putting his attention on the topic to be addressed while tapping in sequence on a series of 12 or 15 specific points of the body, the same points person to person. It takes maybe a minute to do a "round" of these points in standard EFT.

The most useful tool I found is a series of free videos online where a young guy called Magnus effectively gives sessions to the viewer. Just like my YouTube sessions except he did his several months before I thought of doing it. :). The first one here is an introduction to the tapping procedure and the second is a longer session where Magnus leads the viewer in doing maybe 10 or 15 rounds of tapping, with no excess chat involved beyond what is needed for the session. His website is at www.tapping.com.

Introduction: http://www.tapping.com/videos/introduction-to-tapping.html

Self-acceptance session: http://www.tapping.com/videos/self-acceptance.html

Apart from a few sessions I did personally, I spent a little while reading online. There is quite a bit of mention of the importance of keeping at it, i.e. persist with addressing the problem in hand, doing many rounds. The Gary Craig videos seemed to underplay this a bit. Although he said that there can be many, many aspects to a topic, and many rounds must be done, watching some of the examples I first got the idea that things miraculously got fixed in only a few minutes. The Wikipedia article at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotional_Freedom_Techniques notes that EFT has been the subject of three peer-reviewed publications as of 2007. The first one showed probable long-term benefit after a 30-minute treatment; in the second the EFT group received "a single round regular EFT"; the third didn't have controls. A one-minute test of a treatment doesn't appear to me to be a test done by people willing to see a positive result!

Anyway, I was curious because in Gary Craig's video the people shown were apparently getting benefit within discharging anything. I wondered if this was normal and if EFT was vastly superior to my apparently slower Rub & Yawn stuff, where visible discharge is key to the procedure. And more importantly, if it was, then my whole theoretical model of what was going on went out the window in that no negative energy or mass was being stored at all if improvement was possible without any energetic flush (i.e. good energy in replacing bad energy out) at all.

I made up a rough PaulsRobot version for my own use. If one is going to do the regular EFT procedure, it doesn't really provide any benefit over tapping along to the video or doing it by oneself anyway, although it helps if you want to keep notes of the session. After trying different approaches, what works best for me so far is to combine it with my Rub & Yawn technique to the extent of only rubbing random points if I felt a strong urge to do so, but changing the regular tapping procedure. I kept to the same sequence, but used each tapping point as an assessment technique — if 7 or 10 taps on one point produced a yawn or the feeling that a yawn was on the way I would keep tapping until the discharge had occurred then go on to the next point. If no yawn or feeling one was trying to break to the surface, I would take that as a no-read and go onto the next point. This seemed to work well. I haven't done any work on different visualization techniques, but there is work to be done in that area.

Surrogate work

EFT can be done on pets, babies, even people remote from one, by the practitioner first cleaning up his own energy fields and then focusing his attention on the client (pet etc.) and the client's topic to be addressed and doing the usual regular EFT procedure on his own body but on behalf of the remote client. This is said to be somewhat effective, although not as effective as doing it directly. Sometimes it is just not possible to do it directly.

I've come across surrogate meridian therapies before, the first time with a Touch for Health workshop I attended in Los Angeles around 2002.

Does anyone here have any experience with EFT or with surrogate meridian therapies?

Paul

Hi Paul :)

EFT has become quite popular within the last decade. People have taken it and combined it with other methods as well.

I've been doing EFT and experimenting with it by combining it with things here and there for the last 10 years or so. I've had some really amazing things happen with it. Not all of which has been on physical or even emotional situations. It can also be used to help manifest things in the physical universe as well.

I have two Yahoo list groups if you are interested in joining and anyone else who might be interested in it. The first one is a very specialized group for people who have at least done some Dianetics and also use EFT - http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/EFT_D/ The second one is a general EFT group for anyone to discuss whatever in connection to EFT http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/EmotionFreedomTechniqueDiscussions/

EFT is a truly versatile tool

:) Lyn