What's new

End of Life Assist

LivingOne

Patron
you wrote "control over life and death is a very popular deception that many religions and practices use to appeal to our mind's desires for power"

Can you give examples? What religons and what are the practices?

I was thinking mostly Wiccan/Occult and any sort of "magic spell" practices, in addition to good luck charms, holy relics, symbols, praying, curses, voodoo, fortune tellers, psychics, etc. They do not do anything except make people feel like they have control/power over life, just coping strategies. I would go further to include any religion that teaches "free will" while simultaneously teaching "god's will" (reminds me of a George Carlin routine :wink2:) - and also belief, faith, and hope, in and of itself (believing in the power of belief).

I'm not sure exactly how Scientology would fit into this, and that's why I'm here, to learn more about it from you. How does Scientology play into the mind's desire for control/power over life? I suspect that's a major way people get sucked in and remain in the cult. I think the "End of Life assist" discussed earlier in this thread seems like a good example.

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
THis stuff reminds me something I've seen known long time ago

I remember it is to ''guide'' the thetan to leave the body - and find a new one and bla bla bla
Isn'it with these assist we would telle to go in a hospital and find Babies or mkeep around a pregnant women????

Anyway

One thing I know is

it would be something like get the fuck out of your body
so we can get our attention to salvage the planet
and cease to spend our money on a downstat degraded being....
But don't forget to come back
To give the cult all of your money...
endlessly...

:unsure:

Xenu's Boyfriend

Silver Meritorious Patron
The CoS EoL Assist is not in my arsenal of processes.
However, when I was Tech Sec of the OldTimers, I helped several Oldtimers to leave their bodies.
Touch assists are NoNo, as they tend to keep a person's attention in or on their body.
What I did was mostly help them end admin cycles. Get their books in order. Make lists of their Insurance Companies, their bank Accounts, their families, what ever they needed to end admin cycles on, or help another to do it.
I asked them what comm lines were incomplete, and had them say what they needed to say to ppl that they hadn't said. This could be done by dictated letter, or simply by making verbal statement to me.
This was the sort of thing that brought some peace, and made it more comfortable for them to 'leave'.
Some of the ladies wanted their hair done, or other personal grooming type things. Wanted to select their last clothing. Never anything major.
Mostly these ppl didn't have family to help them as they had spent their lives inCoS.

phenom anon

This sounds lovely and I'm moved by this - but I still have to wonder, how many people are able to experience this? Would this be open to everyone, including Sea Org members, or wealthier donors.

When you say, "say what they needed to say to people they hadn't said..." does that mean disconnected family? I don't mean to be provocative I'm genuinely curious. This "End of Life" assist sounds amazing, and something that everyone should have access to, Scientology or no, there are a lot of old people who could use someone helping with these very things.

My question is, if there is all this care out here, how can something happen like Karen de la Carriere being kept from seeing the body of her deceased son and finding out about it on Facebook? He was still an active Scientologist when he died. There is a lot of mercy in what you posted, phenom anon, and if that was your experience, wonderful. But I find it hard to reconcile something this gracious from what I've read about the church.

phenomanon

Canyon
This sounds lovely and I'm moved by this - but I still have to wonder, how many people are able to experience this? Would this be open to everyone, including Sea Org members, or wealthier donors.

When you say, "say what they needed to say to people they hadn't said..." does that mean disconnected family? I don't mean to be provocative I'm genuinely curious. This "End of Life" assist sounds amazing, and something that everyone should have access to, Scientology or no, there are a lot of old people who could use someone helping with these very things.

My question is, if there is all this care out here, how can something happen like Karen de la Carriere being kept from seeing the body of her deceased son and finding out about it on Facebook? He was still an active Scientologist when he died. There is a lot of mercy in what you posted, phenom anon, and if that was your experience, wonderful. But I find it hard to reconcile something this gracious from what I've read about the church.

AAHHH....but, you see, the Oldtimers were not "Churchies". This assist that I did had nothing to do with CoS. They didn't even know about it as far as I know. I made it up. I delivered it to friends that were oldtimers . Cos Had , for example, found out that Lovina Timmins, who had spent most of her life working for Cos, and had enrolled on the SHSBC, found that Lovina had breast cancer. She was summarily declared an 'illegal PC', and was routed off the BC and off CoS premises. I knew Lovina, and took it upon myself to help her as best I could. I juiced carrots by the bushel for her. I dunno if it helped, but she at least knew that *someone* cared about her. Oldtimers helped oldtimers. Those of us who got in before the 60's believed that what we did in our own time was none of CoS's business.
Anyone can do this for another. There's nothing rote about it. Nothing complicated. It's just one person giving a crap about another. Loving kindness does not exist in CoS, but there's an abundance of it outside their bubble.
A few of us operated in both worlds.

phenom anon