What's new

Enlightened( well researched) view of Hubbard and Scientology

King V

My introduction to Hubbard and Scientology was when I interviewed for a job as a chiropractor with a Scientologist/Chiropractor in Old Town Chicago. I first met with this guy who we will call Steve A. When he came into the room he was tall and well dressed and I can still remember this fatefull day back in September of 2006, wow, 6 years ago now. Steve A. had a happyness about him that quickly turned into antagonism directed at me. At the time I did not realize it and really needed a job. When he spoke he did not mix words and was able to get me really communicating with him fast and he seemed well organized and had a plan and I liked that about him from the start. During the second interview he instructed the staff to introduce themselves and what they did for the organization. That came across well except for a Doctor who was working for him, lets call he Dr.C, who now as I look back was very closed off and was not personable what so ever. Looking back on this occasion with Dr. C now( the truth and what was going on is very real now as it was not at the time that it was happening) Most chiropractors that I had interviewed him were not organized and did not have a plan what so ever. So when my wife asked me how it went I said I liked the guy and he seemed organized and had a plan. So I accepted the job. He sent me a contract that at first plush seemed ok but now looking back at it he used a lot of terms and conditions that seemed real but looking back at it all he wanted was slave labor and someone who would go along with his plan. I do not want to bore you with all the details but at the end of two years out of a three year contract, I was slave labor to be mentally, emotionally abused as he saw fit. At the end of the first year I realized what this guy says and what he does are not the same and when had made him over 2 million dollars and had received less that 80,000 I asked for a raise and he said we would talk about it again when the office manager was back from vacation. Which was a Lye and he never intended to think about again. But I went along with it and we never did speak again about the raise all he did was have a meeting with me and go on to tell me that my stats were low and he gave me areas that I needed to improve on, looking back I should of told him to go fuck himself then and their but I did not and in fact I stayed on for another year of slave labor, one of his tricks was to make anyone who caught on to him was to make them feel as if they were the problem and secretly he was going to every other staff member and covertly planting the same idea with them so eventually you( the person who was right) began to thing that you might be a problem) He actually used the hubbard sp booklet on me to in effect "label me" which now i see it for what it was an attempt for me to believe that I was the problem. Which when you make someone over 2 million dollars and receive only 80,000 they want this relationship to contiinue. Anyways after two years I caught on to him and what he was up to and at this point he knew I was on to him and so he had the new office manager fire me. Remember in Scientology when you are on board and your stats are up or at least when you are giving it all the effor that you can then things are good but as soon as you stop a take a real look at what is really going on,( which is very difficult to see at the beginning) and you start thinking for yourself and voicing your concerns, that you are always replacable and they again start this same shit with the next person who is naive, innocent, and young. So I was constantly mind fucked for two years and I thank god for getting me out of their. So since then I had moved to another state and began working as a chiropractor and eventually opened my own clinic and am quite successful I have had lots of time to piece the puzzle of Scientology and hubbard Together.

What helped you to release the hold Hubbard and Scientology had on you?
I began to attend a non denomination church with my wife and became framiliar with the teachings of Christianity and became to realize that all that Hubbard taught was against Christ and his teaching and was actually in a very subtle, covert way the teachings of the devil. Yes Hubbard is a Satanist. I also later discovered that Hubbard was a Paranoid Schizophrenic and a compulsive liar.

What else helped you release the hold of Hubbard and Scientology?
I began to research cult and cult leaders and found that Scientology and Cults had many of the same traits and characteristics.

What else helped?
I also started to read and listen to everything by and about Hubbard that was on the internet and found out that he lied about his whole biography and that his whole life was a lye and that he was only in it for the money and the power and nothing else. I found out that he was actually a 1.1 on the tone scale. A covertly hostile person who had strangled and tortured two of his wifes and had used his third wife as a scape goat and had her placed in prison. He also continually drugged his child ron jr. This is a man who wrote Scientolgy text books but was not a scientologist by any means, he did not practice what he preached. He spoke about the 8 dynamics and taught that he was the 8th dynamic. He wrote books about marraige but could not keep a family or marraige together. He wrote about not taking drugs but was a drug addict since his teen years. His book Dianetics book was written and the cases of the aberated people were acutally all about him. The case studies was about Hubbard himself and that he was so interested in the mind because he had so many mental problems.

What did you learn about Hubbard Himself?
He was a Paranoid Shizophrenic, a compulsive liar, a satanists, drug addict, abused his followeres and continually hypnotized them. strangled and routinely tourtured two of his wives and habitually drugged his children. He was a follower of the "beast, the 666, the most evil man alive, he was a hypocrit, and actually was pure evil.

What do you want readers to take from your blog here?
Before anyone reads any materials written by Hubbard, anyone who is approached by an "Church" members, anyone who comes across anyone or anything involved with Hubbard or Scientolgy to 1). Be framiliar with the teachings of Christ. 2) Research Cults.
3) Research Hypnotism. 4) Research Aliester Crowley 5). Read Ponerlogy of Evil
6). Read Messiah or madman. Then and only then should you attempt to even listed to anyone and read anything that is pro hubbard or pro scientology, because if you do not you are definately heading down a long hard road that is difficult, extemley difficult to come back from.

God Bless and may you never experience Scientolgy or Hubbard on any level.

LA SCN

NOT drinking the kool-aid
I began to attend a non denomination church with my wife and became framiliar with the teachings of Christianity and became to realize that all that Hubbard taught was against Christ and his teaching and was actually in a very subtle, covert way the teachings of the devil. Yes Hubbard is a Satanist. I also later discovered that Hubbard was a Paranoid Schizophrenic and a compulsive liar.

I began to research cult and cult leaders and found that Scientology and Cults had many of the same traits and characteristics.

What else helped?
I also started to read and listen to everything by and about Hubbard that was on the internet and found out that he lied about his whole biography and that his whole life was a lye and that he was only in it for the money and the power and nothing else. I found out that he was actually a 1.1 on the tone scale. A covertly hostile person who had strangled and tortured two of his wifes and had used his third wife as a scape goat and had her placed in prison. He also continually drugged his child ron jr. This is a man who wrote Scientolgy text books but was not a scientologist by any means, he did not practice what he preached. He spoke about the 8 dynamics and taught that he was the 8th dynamic. He wrote books about marraige but could not keep a family or marraige together. He wrote about not taking drugs but was a drug addict since his teen years. His book Dianetics book was written and the cases of the aberated people were acutally all about him. The case studies was about Hubbard himself and that he was so interested in the mind because he had so many mental problems.

He was a Paranoid Shizophrenic, a compulsive liar, a satanists, drug addict, abused his followeres and continually hypnotized them. strangled and routinely tourtured two of his wives and habitually drugged his children. He was a follower of the "beast, the 666, the most evil man alive, he was a hypocrit, and actually was pure evil.

Before anyone reads any materials written by Hubbard, anyone who is approached by an "Church" members, anyone who comes across anyone or anything involved with Hubbard or Scientolgy to 1). Be framiliar with the teachings of Christ. 2) Research Cults.
6). Read Messiah or madman. Then and only then should you attempt to even listed to anyone and read anything that is pro hubbard or pro scientology, because if you do not you are definately heading down a long hard road that is difficult, extemley difficult to come back from.

Amen, Brother!! :thumbsup:

Sounds like you ran afoul of Sterling Management techniques as well. Good job on getting away from it !!

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron

I can see where he gets a lot of his information from, having got my own information from the same places, but Ponerlogy of Evil has me stumped. :confused2:

Edited to say: Google turned up Ponerology of Evil maybe a book I haven't heard of?

guanoloco

As-Wased
I can see where he gets a lot of his information from, having got my own information from the same places, but Ponerlogy of Evil has me stumped. :confused2:

Edited to say: Google turned up Ponerology of Evil maybe a book I haven't heard of?

http://www.ponerology.com/

PONEROLOGY: THE STUDY OF EVIL

With very few exceptions down the ages, discussions in moral philosophy - the study of right conduct - have failed to systematically investigate the origin, nature, and course of evil in a manner free from supernatural imaginings. Evil was often considered something to be endured rather than something that could be understood and eliminated by rational measures. And - as Lobaczewski demonstrates - the origin of evil actually lies outside the boundaries of the conventional worldview within which the earlier moral inquiries and literary explorations were conducted. Evil requires a truly modern and scientific approach to lay bare its secrets. This approach is called “ponerology”, the study of evil, from the Greek “poneros” = evil.

The original manuscript of this book went into the furnace minutes before a secret police raid in Communist Poland. The second copy, painfully reassembled by scientists working under impossible conditions of violence and repression, was sent via courier to the Vatican. Its receipt was never acknowledged - the manuscript and all valuable data lost. In 1984, the third and final copy was written from memory by the last survivor of the original researchers: Andrew Lobaczewski. Zbigniew Brzezinski blocked its publication.

After half a century of suppression, this book is finally available.

Me wants to read...

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
Oh, Hubbard didn't like Christianity, sure. But he was not really a Satanist. Occultist, yes. At least for a while. But not a Satanist. The two aren't mutually inclusive.

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
I do disagree with the oft repeated claim that Hubbard was a paranoid schizophrenic. I know this label has been applied to Hubard by many here and various sites online. But one, there was never a formal diagnosis. Two, no paranoid schizophrenic would be able to function as Hubbard did, build the con empire he did, control as many people as he did.

Have any of you ever been around a paranoid schizophrenic? Without the help of psychiatric meds these people are so trapped in their own reality they end up wandering the streets, babbling to themselves, unable to even communicate with other humans ( because they don't share the same reality). Hubbard knew how communicate - so well he was an expert con man who gave countless persuasive speeches on the fly and was a second rate sci-fi writer.

I would hazard that Hubbard had definitely had a sciopathic traits in spade and even bipolar tendencies. In fact of all the possbilities bi-polarism (I.e. Manic/deppression) seems the most likely.

I don't thnk you can judge much from his final years. I think the last few years of his life he was suffering from dementia, or possibly even alztiemer (sp) disease.

Veda

Sponsor
I do disagree with the oft repeated claim that Hubbard was a paranoid schizophrenic. I know this label has been applied to Hubard by many here and various sites online. But one, there was never a formal diagnosis. Two, no paranoid schizophrenic would be able to function as Hubbard did, build the con empire he did, control as many people as he did.

Have any of you ever been around a paranoid schizophrenic? Without the help of psychiatric meds these people are so trapped in their own reality they end up wandering the streets, babbling to themselves, unable to even communicate with other humans ( because they don't share the same reality). Hubbard knew how communicate - so well he was an expert con man who gave countless persuasive speeches on the fly and was a second rate sci-fi writer.

I would hazard that Hubbard had definitely had a sciopathic traits in spade and even bipolar tendencies. In fact of all the possbilities bi-polarism (I.e. Manic/deppression) seems the most likely.

I don't thnk you can judge much from his final years. I think the last few years of his life he was suffering from dementia, or possibly even alztiemer (sp) disease.

Many people, who knew Hubbard, have referred to Hubbard as being "paranoid." It's not a medical diagnosis. As for the term "Schizophrenic," that is not a medical diagnosis either, but an informal way of saying "dichotomous personality."

Most people think this picture was taken in the late mid 1980s. It was taken in 1973 when Hubbard was residing in Queens, New York.

He later got a haircut, went back to the ship, and put on his Commodore's costume.

oldhubb.jpg

There's an account (see BBC's secret lives program) of Hubbard, in 1951, with long talon-like fingernails and long unkempt hair. That was soon after he had written the book, 'Science of Survival'.

When did Hubbard write 'Battlefield Earth' and the 'Mission Earth' Series? Whatever you think of the books, he wasn't "suffering from dementia" then. According to accounts, he was still up and around in mid 1983. After that it becomes vague.

The deceitful and abusive patterns were established in the 1930s, 1940s, 1950s, 1960s, and 1970s. The basic model for Scientology was finalized by the early 1970s.

To the Op, my apologies. I'm not following the opening post or this thread, simply responding to the last post.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

In the real world, there is a completely different view of Hubbard than in the Scientology world. The difference is a startling contrast in "reality".

Scientologists hold him up as many wonderful things, even if they admit he was "flawed" or "human". 99% of the qualities that they attribute to Hubbard were borned out of Hubbard's own copywriting and jingle-writing skills, such as Mankind's Greatest Friend, The Commodore, The Founder, Source, The Only Person in 75 million years to Unravel the Mystery of the Universe of OT III, The Greatest OT on the Planet, The Only Man to Rise Above the Bank, The Only Being To Discover the Way to Clear and OT for All Mankind, etc. etc. etc. etc.

Non-Scientologists, on the other hand, who have studied Hubbard's life and works have another view of him as a Con Man, Fraud, Liar, Charlatan and very dangerous Sociopath.

In the real world, if Hubbard had not successfully hidden his crimes (which have come to light) and run away from the justice systems, he would been sentenced to serious jail time.

The Paulette Cooper story alone would have put him behind bars. Mary Sue and others went to federal prison for his Operation Snow White. The multi-million dollar money laundering to offshore banks was another that he wasn't prosecuted for.

But the fact remains simply that Hubbard belonged in a jail. It is not uncommon for sociopaths to remain hidden from detection or insulated (by financial or military strength) from paying for their crimes. It often takes many years or decades to find a serial killer or bring down a genocidal political dictator. They stayed out of prison not because they were "OT" but because they were criminal in their methods.

Look at the obvious case of Mafia leader John Gotti, a murdering, thieving street thug who fairly flaunted his ability to foil local and federal prosecutors for many years. It took multiple national investigatory agencies many trials before they could make the charges "stick" to the "Teflon Don".

Hubbard was no different.

He died before it caught up with him, but his life in the final years was being on the run, so to a large degree he had already lost his fabled ability to charismatically bask in the thunderous applause of his cult members at lectures or events.

Hubbard's greatest skill was the cloaking of organizations and himself and delegation of crimes to fall guys. This is a skill also shared by many Mafia "Godfathers" who ruled entire cities like New York for decades because they had so many "buffers" between themselves and the murderers who shot and strangled people on their orders. They learned many criminal tricks of how to play the system, only talking to one or two trusted juniors, not talking on telephones, not writing anything and not having anything in their name legally, except their "front (legit) business".

I can't imagine how any person (non-Scientologist, Ex Scientologist, Indie or COS) can think otherwise than Hubbard should have gone to prison for the Paulette Cooper crime wave alone. Not if they are honest.

That tells me all I need to know about L. Ron Hubbard. It's actually very simple.

Veda

Sponsor

-snip-

I can't imagine how any person (non-Scientologist, Ex Scientologist, Indie or COS) can think otherwise than Hubbard should have gone to prison for the Paulette Cooper crime wave alone. Not if they are honest.

-snip-

I can.

Marty Rathbun insists that Hubbard didn't have anything to do with what happened to Paulette Cooper. Hubbard didn't know. It was done by SPs behind his back.

Others will say that Hubbard was under tremendous pressure from international forces attacking him - in fact, Marty Rathbun say that too - and that he overreacted somewhat. Nonetheless, he gave Mankind the Bridge to Freedom, and thus was "super-Kha Khan," and so should be exempt from being held accountable. Besides it would be the aberrated "wogs" and a "wog" government that would be judging him, and they do not have sufficient stature to stand in judgement of L. Ron Hubbard, etc.

Paulette Cooper was just an insignificant little person who got in the way of a juggernaut.

Hubbard was saving the planet. :yes:

And if any of the above seems offensive or nutty, then a cloak of PR, double talk, and "ARC"-schmoozing can be created to hide or distract from it.

HelluvaHoax!

I can.

Marty Rathbun insists that Hubbard didn't have anything to do with what happened to Paulette Cooper. Hubbard didn't know. It was done by SPs behind his back.

Others will say that Hubbard was under tremendous pressure from international forces attacking him - in fact, Marty Rathbun say that too - and that he overreacted somewhat. Nonetheless, he gave Mankind the Bridge to Freedom, and thus was "super-Kha Khan," and so should be exempt from being held accountable. Besides it would be the aberrated "wogs" and a "wog" government that would be judging him, and they do not have sufficient stature to stand in judgement of L. Ron Hubbard, etc.

Paulette Cooper was just an insignificant little person who got in the way of a juggernaut.

Hubbard was saving the planet. :yes:

And if any of the above seems offensive or nutty, then a cloak of PR, double talk, and "ARC"-schmoozing can be created to hide or distract from it.

Oh yeah, that's right.

Only [STRIKE]SPs[/STRIKE] haters would not love Ron.

It is not beyond a Scientologist to think that Paulette simply needs to get auditing to handle her awful case so she can start loving Ron too.

Haters, being NCG, don't get wins from the tech. Therefore, their ARC and tone level is too low to be grateful for all that Hubbard has done to help & salvage them.

Are you grateful yet, Paulette? Do you feel love for Ron now?

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
My introduction to Hubbard and Scientology was when I interviewed for a job as a chiropractor with a Scientologist/Chiropractor in Old Town Chicago. I first met with this guy who we will call Steve A. When he came into the room he was tall and well dressed and I can still remember this fatefull day back in September of 2006, wow, 6 years ago now. Steve A. had a happyness about him that quickly turned into antagonism directed at me. At the time I did not realize it and really needed a job. When he spoke he did not mix words and was able to get me really communicating with him fast and he seemed well organized and had a plan and I liked that about him from the start. During the second interview he instructed the staff to introduce themselves and what they did for the organization. That came across well except for a Doctor who was working for him, lets call he Dr.C, who now as I look back was very closed off and was not personable what so ever. Looking back on this occasion with Dr. C now( the truth and what was going on is very real now as it was not at the time that it was happening) Most chiropractors that I had interviewed him were not organized and did not have a plan what so ever. So when my wife asked me how it went I said I liked the guy and he seemed organized and had a plan. So I accepted the job. He sent me a contract that at first plush seemed ok but now looking back at it he used a lot of terms and conditions that seemed real but looking back at it all he wanted was slave labor and someone who would go along with his plan. I do not want to bore you with all the details but at the end of two years out of a three year contract, I was slave labor to be mentally, emotionally abused as he saw fit. At the end of the first year I realized what this guy says and what he does are not the same and when had made him over 2 million dollars and had received less that 80,000 I asked for a raise and he said we would talk about it again when the office manager was back from vacation. Which was a Lye and he never intended to think about again. But I went along with it and we never did speak again about the raise all he did was have a meeting with me and go on to tell me that my stats were low and he gave me areas that I needed to improve on, looking back I should of told him to go fuck himself then and their but I did not and in fact I stayed on for another year of slave labor, one of his tricks was to make anyone who caught on to him was to make them feel as if they were the problem and secretly he was going to every other staff member and covertly planting the same idea with them so eventually you( the person who was right) began to thing that you might be a problem) He actually used the hubbard sp booklet on me to in effect "label me" which now i see it for what it was an attempt for me to believe that I was the problem. Which when you make someone over 2 million dollars and receive only 80,000 they want this relationship to contiinue. Anyways after two years I caught on to him and what he was up to and at this point he knew I was on to him and so he had the new office manager fire me. Remember in Scientology when you are on board and your stats are up or at least when you are giving it all the effor that you can then things are good but as soon as you stop a take a real look at what is really going on,( which is very difficult to see at the beginning) and you start thinking for yourself and voicing your concerns, that you are always replacable and they again start this same shit with the next person who is naive, innocent, and young. So I was constantly mind fucked for two years and I thank god for getting me out of their. So since then I had moved to another state and began working as a chiropractor and eventually opened my own clinic and am quite successful I have had lots of time to piece the puzzle of Scientology and hubbard Together.

What else helped?

Thanks for sharing your story. There are many others like yourself out there but who aren't talking. Hopefully your post will encourage others to speak out.

Can you tell us anything about WISE? Were you required to join? Or take classes?

IMHO, Hubbard had a combination of Narcissistic and Antisocial Personality Disorder issues.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisocial_personality_disorder

Best wishes,
Mary

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron

Sociopath . . . . that is the right word. And yes in final years all that other stuff on top of it. Very bad mix.

HelluvaHoax!

Sociopath . . . . that is the right word. And yes in final years all that other stuff on top of it. Very bad mix.

Yes a sociopath with an international multi-level pyramid scheme.

His "down-line" was full of ugly people "duplicating" him too the most scheming and treacherous (like himself) rising to the top of the command channel.

While Indies do not have a clue about it, that is why and how David Miscavich became their hated enemy. I know from an Indie Scn point of view, it is inconceivable that COB was not just some unexplainable anomalous mutation in the (formerly) beautiful ecosystem of Scientology. But, nonetheless.....What grew is what was in the seed that was planted.

It wasn't a different kind of seed that Hubbard planted. It was exactly what it was. It's simple. If Marty or others want to throw up fierce smokescreens about the "cold war" victimizing Hubbard and other nonsense, then they are still part of the madness.

Veda

Sponsor

Read Hubbard's words from the 1930s, 1940s, and 1950s. Read accounts of people who knew him.

Hubbard was paranoid from day one, and that's not a medical diagnosis.

Similarly with schizoid. It's an adjective, not a medical condition. :)

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yes a sociopath with an international multi-level pyramid scheme.

His "down-line" was full of ugly people "duplicating" him too the most scheming and treacherous (like himself) rising to the top of the command channel.

While Indies do not have a clue about it, that is why and how David Miscavich became their hated enemy. I know from an Indie Scn point of view, it is inconceivable that COB was not just some unexplainable anomalous mutation in the (formerly) beautiful ecosystem of Scientology. But, nonetheless.....What grew is what was in the seed that was planted.

It wasn't a different kind of seed that Hubbard planted. It was exactly what it was. It's simple. If Marty or others want to throw up fierce smokescreens about the "cold war" victimizing Hubbard and other nonsense, then they are still part of the madness.

Yes, the seed of lrh is dm - and any others like him and a lot of scnos until they get out and begin to recognize what they did while in, and feel remorse - and horror.

HelluvaHoax!

Yes, the seed of lrh is dm - and any others like him and a lot of scnos until they get out and begin to recognize what they did while in, and feel remorse - and horror.

Scientolgists love the tech.

Except when the tech shows up an unacceptable truth. Like, the infallible scripture (called Policy) wherein it can easily be proven that David Miscavige (COB) is Hubbard's product.

It's who took over the church after Hubbard the OT went into outer space. It has to be Hubbard's product because that's what the policy says. The "look don't listen"policy and 100 other policies on not being "reasonable".

L. Ron Hubbard is "fully responsible" for what happened to the COS after he "decided" to "shed his encumbrance".

Indie Scientologists are searching everywhere and nowhere for how single low-toned being kicked the collective cult asses of Ron and an international army of Operating Thetans.

Hey, if Ron turned it over to the Broekers and THEY turned it over to Miscavich, then that is still Ron's product. Get it?

Veda

Sponsor
Scientolgists love the tech.

Except when the tech shows up an unacceptable truth. Like, the infallible scripture (called Policy) wherein it can easily be proven that David Miscavige (COB) is Hubbard's product.

It's who took over the church after Hubbard the OT went into outer space. It has to be Hubbard's product because that's what the policy says. The "look don't listen"policy and 100 other policies on not being "reasonable".

L. Ron Hubbard is "fully responsible" for what happened to the COS after he "decided" to "shed his encumbrance".

Indie Scientologists are searching everywhere and nowhere for how single low-toned being kicked the collective cult asses of Ron and an international army of Operating Thetans.

Hey, if Ron turned it over to the Broekers and THEY turned it over to Miscavich, then that is still Ron's product. Get it?

Well, I've just visited MartyWorld, and here's how it is...

Ron's not responsible because:

1) In the 1970s, Scientology was under terrible attack from international SPs.

2) Ron instructed the Guardians Office to find out the sources of those attacks.

3) The GO, on its own, without Ron's knowledge or approval, broke the law - ignoring Ron's cancellation of Fair Game.

4) The FBI raided Scientology in 1977, and the attacks grew worse up to 1980, and even though Ron had done nothing wrong, Ron decided to go into seclusion.

5) Ron took Pat Broeker with him who, with David Miscavige, betrayed Ron by feeding Ron false data.

6) The Missions were attacked in 1982, but it was entirely Miscavige's idea, as Miscavige only wanted to destroy - being an SP.

7) Ron knew all along that Scientology would be OK, and that Marty would rescue us, which is why he decided it was OK to leave in 1986.

8) VVVGIs!