What's new

Entering the "wog" world

Caseonpost

Hello ESMs,

I'm glad to have finally gained the courage to register here and explore. I found this site while I was still "in" the church, during one of my secret quests to rid my curiosity of what the hell this "black PR" on the internet was all about that the church and church members warned against. But even back then, when I had some doubts and the audacity to dare look at anti-scientology stuff online, I felt overbound with anxiety and paranoia. I never registered onto an ex-member website or read too much into it, because of the programmed fear many scientologists acquire regarding Black PR; ethics cycle, PTSness, sickness or death stumbling across OT material, or a that declare order could ensue! Even if I browsed on private, I knew the next time I get on the cans, my needle will never float with this shit on my mind! This overt will have to come out in my sessions! So like a good robotic CoS minion, I had to convince myself to knock it off and disregard all the very compelling black PR I read/saw online, reminding myself that surely these are SPs writing this shit that was too upsetting to be true! Duh, SPs are good at fucking with your mind, wanting to ruin scientology and in turn ruin my bridge to total freedom! I told myself COB would never abuse staff.... no no no, cause remember, the antisocial people are the hardest ones to spot, very charming and seemingly legit. I felt miswitholdy, because I thought I was being 1.1 by looking at "SPs" on the internet who are attacking and spreading lies against the greatest group on the planet! I've got to get clean and write up my OWs or something, fuck!

I grew up in Scientology. I knew nothing other than Scientology. Pretty much everyone I knew and associated with; went to school with, hung out with, worked with, were all Scientologists. I remember referring to someone that wasn't a Scientologist as a "wog". That word "wog", always was said behind this sort of view as a person of potential threat to my "dynamics". I remember as a kid, if I met a friend or got a boyfriend, my parents or scientologist friend would ask "Are they onlines?.... Oh, they're a wog?" I always viewed it as non-Scientologists (wogs), unfortunately just don't know true source data yet, and therefore lacking Scientology tech could cause enturbulation or you to become PTS to them and veer you from remaining active and on-lines with the church. I am cracking up now thinking about this now. It's good that I can laugh about some of the shit, I mean WOG? Like Harry Potter and the world of wizards and the MUGGLES were the mere humanoids. Aw. Anyway, I never had the opportunity or chance really to believe anything other than Scientology. I often wonder how I would've turned out if I were raised outside the church, maybe as a christian or something and later in my normal wog life if I were to have been recruited for a stress test or to do an intro course in Scientology, would I have ever bought into it? I still don't see how easy some people get involved in the first place if you weren't raised in.

I was about 18 when I first started to doubt Scientology. I mean for me that was a big deal, but maybe all teenagers no matter what level of the bridge you're at go through a period of rebelling. Anyway, I remember having these long far out "comm-cycles" (ew, Im going to stop using scientology terms, haha, they're just popping into my head as I'm recalling those days)... OK so I'd have these "theta" (couldn't help it) conversations with other scientologist teenager friends and we'd talk about the planet and our salvation and OT abilities and how were artists and building universes one day. We'd talk about going exterior and all kinds of inherited and probably unintentionally squirreled Scientology ideas. I even remember one time trying to apply "tone 40" with "intention" to fucking make a broken stereo work with a friend. We were laughing, but seriously we also thought it was possible, I mean we're all OTs even if we haven't gotten there yet. So many ridiculous silly things you believe when you're in!!! Im rambling, I know this is just the into board... So ill just cut to the chase:

My parents were declared suppressive a of couple years ago, for talking to some declared SPs, and refusing to stop talking to them. So they got the boot. PRAISE THE LORD, I could finally speak to them about ANYTHING I wanted to without having to beat around the bush about Scientology! I mean I'm a grown adult now, nearly 30, have a family of my own and have been out of the church for years and live no where near crowded Scientology filled cities which I had spend majority of my life (Los Angeles area, Clearwater, etc). I've worked for Scientology companies, went to Applied Scholastics schools, worked for CCHR, The Way to Happiness, And joined the Sea Org, but only finished through the EPF and never officially got assigned a post in the Sea Org, but that story is wonky and Ill go into some other time. It took me 3 months to "route out", the right way, otherwise If I left voluntarily when I wanted to, It'd be consider a BLOW and I'd get declared a SP if I didn't return to route out the right way.... I signed a few billion year contracts (but never routed in the sea org, just wanted the recruiters to go away) before age 13 too. Anyway, this is getting long. IM OUT, MY PARENTS ARE OUT, still have some friends and family in and deep IN, like gung ho in, and I really feel deep empathy and have to urge to deprogram them.... but don't know how. The scientologist mind is a loop, and everything debatable you throw at them even if it makes perfect sense is justified in a loop of scientology justifications. They are close minded and are at the point of anything against the church is entheta, lies, suppressive, misinformed, blah blah blah. Im trying to find a way to go about helping them see the truth and wake up... I hope they will have the curiosity to sinfully watch Gibney's doc... but after the FreedomMag and the church's response knowing that is what they're seeing and believing, my heart sank, how do you de-program a Scientologist without them writing you off or even worse flipping it to where they're trying to salvage me as an infected PTS to SP data on the internet - person. Advice????

Sindy

Crusader
Caseonpost,

First off. I laughed when I saw your username. Hell yeah! LOL...good one.

Thanks a lot for sharing your story right off the bat. It all sounds so familiar...we have all experienced this stuff.

I remember reading somewhere once (and I don't remember who it was) where a Scientologist finally got up the nerve to look on the Internet but she was so paranoid and had so much anxiety -- so sure she was being watched that before she sat down to type "Scientology" into her Google search, she went around and closed all of her blinds and curtains and made sure she was alone and even then she was worried.

Wow. What a hold they had on us, right? Yikes! It took a lot for me to look too but that cognitive dissonance started to get more uncomfortable than the fear.

Glad you're here. I don't have any great advice except for you to be kind, a good example of doing well outside of the cult (since they are sure anyone not connected must be almost on death's door or something, totally failing) and for right now, at least, let the media shakedown play out and let's see how many people escape.

If I knew the magic words to get people out, I would have already gotten tons of people to leave but unfortunately, I don't.

Last edited:

Moosejewels

Patron Meritorious
Hey. Sounds like you're with like-minded folks here. And since it sounds like you don't have family currently drinking the koolaide you won't have to be too careful about what you reveal of yourself. Welcome :clap:

Psssst. FYI :I was deeeply committed and mired in COSMOD for many years before this time period, leaving / escaping about '75.

Last edited:

Caseonpost

Caseonpost,

First off. I laughed when I saw your username. Hell yeah! LOL...good one.

Thanks a lot for sharing your story right off the bat. It all sounds so familiar...we have all experienced this stuff.

I remember reading somewhere once (and I don't remember who it was) where a Scientologist finally got up the nerve to look on the Internet but she was so paranoid and had so much anxiety -- so sure she was being watched that before she sat down to type "Scientology" into her Google search, she went around and closed all of her blinds and curtains and made sure she was alone and even then she was worried.

Wow. What a hold they had on us, right? Yikes! It took a lot for me to look too but that cognitive dissonance started to get more uncomfortable than the fear.

Glad you're hear. I don't have any great advice except for you to be kind, a good example of doing well outside of the cult (since they are sure anyone not connected must be almost on death's door or something, totally failing) and for right now, at least, let the media shakedown play out and let's see how many people escape.

If I knew the magic words to get people out, I would have already gotten tons of people to leave but unfortunately, I don't.

Yep, that is the effect the church has on you, even after you're out for, craziness! I have to admit that even now as I posted my first post, those familiar feelings of anxiety started to surface; CAN THEY TRACE THIS BACK TO MY IP ADDRESS?! If the scientology social media-police see this will they know this is me, by the way I'm typing, or what I say?!?!....... oh man I gotta knock off that "H,E and R"! Lol

Caseonpost

Hey. Sounds like you're with like-minded folks here. And since it sounds like you don't have family currently drinking the koolaide you won't have to be too careful about what you reveal of yourself. Welcome :clap:

Thank you! I am very thankful for that... I honestly wasn't sure the day would ever come.... My Mom has been out for a long time, it was just my dad and his wife that I had lost hope with. But hallelujah, even better - they got themselves EXPELLED! But still there are some left in near and dear to my heart. Fingers crossed for them to have an awakening "COGNITION" :omg::coolwink:

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
It takes a rebel to question all the mind programming that was done. Welcome to the land of rebels! We are a strong group. You are strong by stepping out of the control, and you are among friends! :happydance:

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Thank you! I am very thankful for that... I honestly wasn't sure the day would ever come.... My Mom has been out for a long time, it was just my dad and his wife that I had lost hope with. But hallelujah, even better - they got themselves EXPELLED! But still there are some left in near and dear to my heart. Fingers crossed for them to have an awakening "COGNITION" :omg::coolwink:

:welcome: Caseonpost! When there are still people near and dear to you in that cult, you might want to be very careful with any information that could identify you.

Apart from that: Come in, grab a chair and a drink of your choice and have fun! :cheers:

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Congrats on everyone being out together. It's a party.

Glad you're here, and looking forward to your viewpoint.

Intentionally Blank

Scientology Widow
Hello ESMs,

I'm glad to have finally gained the courage to register here and explore.

<snip>

They are close minded and are at the point of anything against the church is entheta, lies, suppressive, misinformed, blah blah blah. Im trying to find a way to go about helping them see the truth and wake up... I hope they will have the curiosity to sinfully watch Gibney's doc... but after the FreedomMag and the church's response knowing that is what they're seeing and believing, my heart sank, how do you de-program a Scientologist without them writing you off or even worse flipping it to where they're trying to salvage me as an infected PTS to SP data on the internet - person. Advice????

What a great first post! Welcome to the board. Looking forward to more :)

Blanky

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Hey Caseonpost,

Had the same reaction to your name as Sindy. Love it!

I wouldn't worry too much about COS tracking you down. I kind of get they're pretty busy these days dealing with ... ahem ... a few other issues. :eyeroll:

I don't really have any advice for you, except to hang out here and have fun.

You wasted enough of your life on Scientology. Concentrate on building your life outside the church.

You don't owe them any more of your time.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi :wave: CaseOnPost :laugh: and :welcome2:.

Unfortunately there are some who will never get out . . . . :sadsigh:
But we do what we can anyway. :biggrin:

I'd love to hear MOAR from you - thanks for your OP - really magnificent. :yes::clap:

ChurchOfCylontology

Patron with Honors
Hello ESMs,

I'm glad to have finally gained the courage to register here and explore. I found this site while I was still "in" the church, during one of my secret quests to rid my curiosity of what the hell this "black PR" on the internet was all about that the church and church members warned against. But even back then, when I had some doubts and the audacity to dare look at anti-scientology stuff online, I felt overbound with anxiety and paranoia. I never registered onto an ex-member website or read too much into it, because of the programmed fear many scientologists acquire regarding Black PR; ethics cycle, PTSness, sickness or death stumbling across OT material, or a that declare order could ensue! Even if I browsed on private, I knew the next time I get on the cans, my needle will never float with this shit on my mind! This overt will have to come out in my sessions! So like a good robotic CoS minion, I had to convince myself to knock it off and disregard all the very compelling black PR I read/saw online, reminding myself that surely these are SPs writing this shit that was too upsetting to be true! Duh, SPs are good at fucking with your mind, wanting to ruin scientology and in turn ruin my bridge to total freedom! I told myself COB would never abuse staff.... no no no, cause remember, the antisocial people are the hardest ones to spot, very charming and seemingly legit. I felt miswitholdy, because I thought I was being 1.1 by looking at "SPs" on the internet who are attacking and spreading lies against the greatest group on the planet! I've got to get clean and write up my OWs or something, fuck!

I grew up in Scientology. I knew nothing other than Scientology. Pretty much everyone I knew and associated with; went to school with, hung out with, worked with, were all Scientologists. I remember referring to someone that wasn't a Scientologist as a "wog". That word "wog", always was said behind this sort of view as a person of potential threat to my "dynamics". I remember as a kid, if I met a friend or got a boyfriend, my parents or scientologist friend would ask "Are they onlines?.... Oh, they're a wog?" I always viewed it as non-Scientologists (wogs), unfortunately just don't know true source data yet, and therefore lacking Scientology tech could cause enturbulation or you to become PTS to them and veer you from remaining active and on-lines with the church. I am cracking up now thinking about this now. It's good that I can laugh about some of the shit, I mean WOG? Like Harry Potter and the world of wizards and the MUGGLES were the mere humanoids. Aw. Anyway, I never had the opportunity or chance really to believe anything other than Scientology. I often wonder how I would've turned out if I were raised outside the church, maybe as a christian or something and later in my normal wog life if I were to have been recruited for a stress test or to do an intro course in Scientology, would I have ever bought into it? I still don't see how easy some people get involved in the first place if you weren't raised in.

I was about 18 when I first started to doubt Scientology. I mean for me that was a big deal, but maybe all teenagers no matter what level of the bridge you're at go through a period of rebelling. Anyway, I remember having these long far out "comm-cycles" (ew, Im going to stop using scientology terms, haha, they're just popping into my head as I'm recalling those days)... OK so I'd have these "theta" (couldn't help it) conversations with other scientologist teenager friends and we'd talk about the planet and our salvation and OT abilities and how were artists and building universes one day. We'd talk about going exterior and all kinds of inherited and probably unintentionally squirreled Scientology ideas. I even remember one time trying to apply "tone 40" with "intention" to fucking make a broken stereo work with a friend. We were laughing, but seriously we also thought it was possible, I mean we're all OTs even if we haven't gotten there yet. So many ridiculous silly things you believe when you're in!!! Im rambling, I know this is just the into board... So ill just cut to the chase:

My parents were declared suppressive a of couple years ago, for talking to some declared SPs, and refusing to stop talking to them. So they got the boot. PRAISE THE LORD, I could finally speak to them about ANYTHING I wanted to without having to beat around the bush about Scientology! I mean I'm a grown adult now, nearly 30, have a family of my own and have been out of the church for years and live no where near crowded Scientology filled cities which I had spend majority of my life (Los Angeles area, Clearwater, etc). I've worked for Scientology companies, went to Applied Scholastics schools, worked for CCHR, The Way to Happiness, And joined the Sea Org, but only finished through the EPF and never officially got assigned a post in the Sea Org, but that story is wonky and Ill go into some other time. It took me 3 months to "route out", the right way, otherwise If I left voluntarily when I wanted to, It'd be consider a BLOW and I'd get declared a SP if I didn't return to route out the right way.... I signed a few billion year contracts (but never routed in the sea org, just wanted the recruiters to go away) before age 13 too. Anyway, this is getting long. IM OUT, MY PARENTS ARE OUT, still have some friends and family in and deep IN, like gung ho in, and I really feel deep empathy and have to urge to deprogram them.... but don't know how. The scientologist mind is a loop, and everything debatable you throw at them even if it makes perfect sense is justified in a loop of scientology justifications. They are close minded and are at the point of anything against the church is entheta, lies, suppressive, misinformed, blah blah blah. Im trying to find a way to go about helping them see the truth and wake up... I hope they will have the curiosity to sinfully watch Gibney's doc... but after the FreedomMag and the church's response knowing that is what they're seeing and believing, my heart sank, how do you de-program a Scientologist without them writing you off or even worse flipping it to where they're trying to salvage me as an infected PTS to SP data on the internet - person. Advice????

Welcome! I hope you'll find this a mostly friendly place to decompress.

As for your question (and I realize the irony of suggesting a book to read), successfully helping others get out requires that you fully understand what happened to you. Steve Hassan is a mental health professional that specializes in destructive cults and mind control (he was once a Moonie himself) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Hassan. His books provide a different view on getting folks away from destructive cults using his compassionate methodologies. From what I've read, you run the risk of pushing people further into the cult with the wrong approach.

If you are interested, here is an Amazon listing of his books. I recommend them highly. http://www.amazon.com/Steven-Hassan/e/B000APQYV4

If you are not ready for that step, watching his videos may provide insight. He has an account on Vimeo, https://vimeo.com/freedomofmind, and he has his own website, https://www.freedomofmind.com/.

Glad you are here and providing your voice. I do have to mention that for someone who grew up in Scientology, your writing skills are very good. One good method of sniffing out OSA posts or folks doing amends online is their awful grammar and punctuation usage.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
IM OUT, MY PARENTS ARE OUT, still have some friends and family in and deep IN, like gung ho in, and I really feel deep empathy and have to urge to deprogram them.... but don't know how. The scientologist mind is a loop, and everything debatable you throw at them even if it makes perfect sense is justified in a loop of scientology justifications. They are close minded and are at the point of anything against the church is entheta, lies, suppressive, misinformed, blah blah blah. Im trying to find a way to go about helping them see the truth and wake up... I hope they will have the curiosity to sinfully watch Gibney's doc... but after the FreedomMag and the church's response knowing that is what they're seeing and believing, my heart sank, how do you de-program a Scientologist without them writing you off or even worse flipping it to where they're trying to salvage me as an infected PTS to SP data on the internet - person. Advice????

I don't want to sound trite....

Whenever I get into a situation where I'm in the "how do I convince/change/affect so-and-so" mode, I think of this one thing.

You can't control anyone else's actions. You can only control your own.

Please don't waste your time trying to fix the lives of Scientologists who are in and don't want out. Just fix and build your own life.

The one thing that will speak volumes is how well you're doing, compared to how they're doing....

Caseonpost

I don't want to sound trite....

Whenever I get into a situation where I'm in the "how do I convince/change/affect so-and-so" mode, I think of this one thing.

You can't control anyone else's actions. You can only control your own.

Please don't waste your time trying to fix the lives of Scientologists who are in and don't want out. Just fix and build your own life.

The one thing that will speak volumes is how well you're doing, compared to how they're doing....

Yes I see what you mean. :thumbsup: That's all what I've been doing. :coolwink: Although, sometimes it's hard to ignore the issue. I feel a sense of responsibility, now knowing what I know (all the manipulation and deception of the church) are exposed. I know the media is buzzing and the job is being done is big ways right now, But to the ones I know much of it will be dismissed just as any black PR is. It's as if I'm witnessing an attack on the street, but choose to do nothing to help but peacefully continue walking by. But you are right, ultimately I cannot control anyone else's actions other than my own. Unless I'm Hitler... or say, COB. :biggrin:

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Yes I see what you mean. :thumbsup: That's all what I've been doing. :coolwink: Although, sometimes it's hard to ignore the issue. I feel a sense of responsibility, now knowing what I know (all the manipulation and deception of the church) are exposed. I know the media is buzzing and the job is being done is big ways right now, But to the ones I know much of it will be dismissed just as any black PR is. It's as if I'm witnessing an attack on the street, but choose to do nothing to help but peacefully continue walking by. But you are right, ultimately I cannot control anyone else's actions other than my own. Unless I'm Hitler... or say, COB. :biggrin:

Well, if you really want to talk true believers into getting outta there, you need some good training.

Lesson 1: Have a meaningful 2-way conversation with a brick.

Lesson 2: Make that brick climb up a high ladder all by itself (no touching or helping allowed).

For the full package of lessons, send 200,000,- USD to my bank account.

For the advanced lessons package, send 500,000,- USD more.

Sorry, that's how it is, but sarcasm works and it helps people. :)

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome out Caseonpost!! I love that OP! :thumbsup: So funny! I felt EXACTLY like you did when I peeked behind the curtain at the internet. I even drew my blinds and locked my door. I was so freaked. THAT is part of the trap - the mind control of fear.

Check out Mockingbird's posts, Arnie Lerma's and Jon Atack postings on the internet. You must figure out for yourself HOW they trapped you. It was more than being raised in it - they use hypnosis and mind control but figure that out for yourself...and remember "what is true for you is true" ( just fucking around LOL:wink2:). I believe that if one does not figure that out - one does not fully shed the "cult thinking" and one will attract other cults and never think for oneself. Chris Shelton has some awesome videos as well as Magoo.

Seriously - study up on mind control, cults, religious cloaking and the trauma that may ensue.

You can help get others out. Here is what worked for me.

1. Use Scientology - ARC and KRC. LOL You must use the tech to confront and shatter the tech. Do you know what I mean?
Speak fluent Scientologese with them.

For instance, I just talked to a good friend today. I asked them if they were going to watch the documentary "Going Clear".

He said: "NO WAY - that is entheta about the Church."

I said - "you may be right but LRH says one must look and decide for oneself - be self-determined. I want to know the truth - entheta or not. The only way I will know is if I look and decide for myself. Don't you agree"?

He said - "yes, after all, Scientology is the science of knowing how to know and I am curious as to what is in the documentary".

I said " LRH would be proud of you - a thetan that thinks for himself".

2. Just call your friends and ask how they are doing. If they ask you if you are "onlines anywhere" just say - "no, I am not interested at this time. I have some debt I have to pay off first."

Then ask about them. If they say no - ask them why. If they have anything negative to say - like I am sick of the fund raising..pounce on that. You can tell if they want to get something off their chest or are upset. Most are upset but suppressed.

Look up the members in your area at the court house or online court system. Get a list of the ones getting foreclosed on and filing BK *you can look up bankruptcies at bankruptreport.com and then tell who ever you can still in about it. It will shock them and the bubble will crack. Also - don't think you are alone....more members IN are looking things up on the internet - it is human nature to be curious.

Good luck and once again - welcome out of the mind fuck of Scientology!

Last edited:

Chris Shelton

Patron with Honors
Hey caseonpost, welcome to ESMB and I'm glad you're here! Life is so much better once you are no longer under the thumb of Scientology, but I totally understand how it can take some time to feel safe and not be looking over your shoulder all the time!

I've written articles and made videos in an attempt to help communicate to those still in some of the problems with the Church. Perhaps these might be of some use, but I'm sure that some preparatory work might be in order before you'd be able to get any of your on-lines friends to watch or read them. I wrote an article on my blog about how to approach the subject with someone who is a "hardcore member" of a cult like Scientology. There is no "one-shot un-Clear" (LOL) but it can be done with time and attention and care.

The link to my article is here: http://mncriticalthinking.com/2014/02/17/converting-the-converted/

It's not the only answer out there, but it's something. You can also email me via my blog or PM me here and perhaps with more details of what your situation is with your friends, I can help you more specifically. I'm willing to try.