What's new

Escape needs help

Hello everyone,
Its been a very long time since i have posted. We have been taking a much needed sabbatical from a 21 year stint at helping families. But the plight of a Connecticut family has touched my heart and because there are young children involved, I am asking for your help again. If you have any information, or you know someone who might, we are seeking knowledge about the New Haven Connecticut organization and its history for the last 18 years. I can be more specific if you private message me . I have the family's permission to discuss specifics with you if we decide that's appropriate. i am always wary of giving personal details on an open forum that Scientology takes such an interest in. But that interest on their part is ,of course, due to your your stellar job of sharing information and helping so many people escape. Since the litigation and their public apology to me and their signing an undertaking not to repeat their libels about me I feel confident that their is no problem in posting this request.
I can only thank you again for being here for such requests.
Kindest regards,
Bonnie Woods

Last edited:

phenomanon

Canyon
Hello everyone,
Its been a very long time since i have posted. We have been taking a much needed sabbatical from a 21 year stint at helping families. But the plight of a Connecticut family has touched my heart and because there are young children involved, I am asking for your help again. If you have any information, or you know someone who might, we are seeking knowledge about the New Haven Connecticut organization and its history for the last 18 years. I can be more specific if you private message me . I have the family's permission to discuss specifics with you if we decide that's appropriate. i am always wary of giving personal details on an open forum that Scientology takes such an interest in. But that interest on their part is ,of course, due to your your stellar job of sharing information and helping so many people escape. Since the litigation and their public apology to me and their signing an undertaking not to repeat their libels about me I feel confident that their is no problem in posting this request.
Kindest regards,
Bonnie Woods

Hi, Bonnie. Thank you for coming here for info. I have no data for you re Connecticut, but I'll betcha someone here can help you. :hifive:

JustSheila

Crusader
Hello everyone,
Kindest regards,
Bonnie Woods

One building they bought was apparently foreclosed:
NEW HAVEN -- The Church of Scientology on Whalley Avenue pulled building permits to convert a former furniture store to a church in 2004, but lacking any progress, it lost its tax-exempt status and now is fighting a foreclosure action by the city that is trying to recoup taxes it says it is owed.
The church, which has a business office at 909 Whalley Ave., bought the former Hallock's warehouse and showroom at 949 Whalley Ave. near the corner of Blake Street in 2003.
http://www.nhregister.com/article/NH/20110820/NEWS/308209947

It's kind of hard to believe they still have any sort of activity at the other building after that. No idea. that's all I know. :confused2:

IWantOffThisTrain

Eternal Optimist
I'm afraid I cant help but I want to thank you for helping families. Its people like you who made such a huge impact on my spouse they were able to leave, unfortunately their previous spouse went back to COS which is why they divorced and their are kids involved but we are making headway. The efforts of everyone on ESMB has provided has been a huge help to families like ours. I will say a prayer for the Connecticut Family, I wish them all the best.

Hi, Bonnie. Thank you for coming here for info. I have no data for you re Connecticut, but I'll betcha someone here can help you. :hifive:

I have always come here for help-I know how much the former members who post here care about what happens to those still inside and I am grateful for their continued concern,

I'm afraid I cant help but I want to thank you for helping families. Its people like you who made such a huge impact on my spouse they were able to leave, unfortunately their previous spouse went back to COS which is why they divorced and their are kids involved but we are making headway. The efforts of everyone on ESMB has provided has been a huge help to families like ours. I will say a prayer for the Connecticut Family, I wish them all the best.

Thank you for your kind words-it is a very sad situation and I will pass on your thoughts and prayers to them.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
I have always come here for help-I know how much the former members who post here care about what happens to those still inside and I am grateful for their continued concern,

Hi Bonnie, has anyone referred you to Patti Moher aka Patti Pieniadz aka Pooks? She is listed here in the member directory as Pooks but doesn't visit here as often.. I can message her on Facebook to contact you here. Pooks is from CT. Long time critic, lots of knowledge on the history of that org and most likely keeps up as she can.

There is also another person on Facebook I know for many years from the front group forum Reaching For The Tipping Point, who keeps on top of what they have been doing there, who would alert me now and again of updates and such. I can contact him but I would have to have him email you or call. I will message all this to you, as well.

Thank you for all you do!

Mary McConnell

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
FYI, readers, this is Escape: http://www.escapeint.org/homepage.htm

A bit about Bonnie Woods:

Ex-Scientologist Story #50, Bonnie Woods, smear victim
https://androvillans.wordpress.com/2011/04/24/ex-scientologist-story-50-bonnie-woods-smear-victim/

Bonnie Woods - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonnie_Woods

Bonnie Woods, former scientologist
http://www.xenu-directory.net/critics/woods1.html

Scientologists pay for libel

Clare Dyer, Legal Correspondent
Tuesday 8 June 1999 20.44 EDT

The Church of Scientology agreed yesterday to pay £55,000 libel damages to a former member the church accused of waging a "hate campaign" against it.

The controversial church, founded in the early 1950s by the late science fiction writer L Ron Hubbard, apologised at the high court in London for publishing a defamatory leaflet about Bonnie Woods, an American who became a Scientologist in the 1970s but left the church in 1982.

The out of court settlement ends a six-year legal battle by Mrs Woods, 49, who moved to England with her husband, Richard, in 1985 and converted to Christianity in 1991. ....[..]
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/1999/jun/09/claredyer

Scientology ruled my life

Woman magazine, 10 June 2007
Transcribed by Hartley Patterson
http://cosmedia.freewinds.be/media/articles/wom100607.html

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Hi Bonnie, has anyone referred you to Patti Moher aka Patti Pieniadz aka Pooks? She is listed here in the member directory as Pooks but doesn't visit here as often.. I can message her on Facebook to contact you here. Pooks is from CT. Long time critic, lots of knowledge on the history of that org and most likely keeps up as she can.

Yeah, I was going to mention Patty too.