What's new

Escaped out of Scientology in 2000

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
That seems at odds with the PM you sent me last week, asking for advice about that nasty rash. :confused2: :D

My friend who had the nasty rash - asked me who did I know that constantly suffered from nasty rashes - I immediately thought of you - not only do you suffer from them - you give them to others! :thumbsup:

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
But I still love you Tansy - even if you left thigh is about to melt from the rash! :lol:

Tanstaafl

Crusader
But I still love you Tansy - even if you left thigh is about to melt from the rash! :lol:

That's very noble of you Alan. I'm truly humbled.

My own rash is clearing up now thanks. At least I've learned one thing - never trust the word of a supermodel! :angry:

I love you too. :bigcry: :yes:

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well, glad your "Rash" is clearing up.

Speaking of physical things, have any of you seen Tom Cruise's video
on the net of "We are the only ones..."?

He's a riot! The media are all over it. Check Utube, if you've missed some of the media stories--but just like my escaping out of Scientology--a big reason
why I did was due to the exact "True Believer" Junk he's emulating.

I was just as bad, and thrilled to be OUT! :)

Tory/Magoo~~~

Tanstaafl

Crusader
Well, glad your "Rash" is clearing up.

Speaking of physical things, have any of you seen Tom Cruise's video
on the net of "We are the only ones..."?

He's a riot! The media are all over it. Check Utube, if you've missed some of the media stories--but just like my escaping out of Scientology--a big reason
why I did was due to the exact "True Believer" Junk he's emulating.

I was just as bad, and thrilled to be OUT! :)

Tory/Magoo~~~

I have never responded positively to anyone who has "preached" to me and I don't believe I ever will. Cruise's comm comes across as preaching to me. I find it a complete turn off, but the indicators are that others want to be preached to. Cruise makes Amos in Cold Comfort Farm look positively mild.

Tory - do you practise anything for "spiritual development" these days?

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I have never responded positively to anyone who has "preached" to me and I don't believe I ever will. Cruise's comm comes across as preaching to me. I find it a complete turn off, but the indicators are that others want to be preached to. Cruise makes Amos in Cold Comfort Farm look positively mild.

Tory - do you practise anything for "spiritual development" these days?

Good question, Tansy.

petraph33

Patron with Honors
petraff33----

I agree with you: I love Beagles, and would love to have one :)

One day---One day----

T

Yes, my mom has one, the one I use as avatar, that's her: Bonnie. I have a lurcher, a greyhound/collie mix, very nice dog. I love him to bits - and he knows that.... :eyeroll:

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Awwwwwwwww..cute re the dog :)

Ok, Tenstaafl---first off, of course people don't like being preached to,
and THAT'S why it's SO cool that this film is on the Net: IT SHOWS
the serious mind control TC is going through: You can see it in his eyes.
HE Tells where exactly he's at re Scientology, and there's no--"oh, it's just
my religion" any more: This guy is seriously saying THEY have the only answers.
Scarry.

re
Tory - do you practice anything for "spiritual development" these days?

Yes, I do, but I don't really talk about it. It's personal, and gives me great
joy, strength and peace. :yes:

My best to you, :)

Tory/Magoo~~

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa

Tory/Magoo~~

Good to hear, Tory.

Getting spirituality going again in my life was something that I found very difficult after Scientology. But it's starting to happen again for me.

I think, for me, it's a sure sign of healing.

Tanstaafl

Crusader
Ok, Tenstaafl---first off, of course people don't like being preached to,
and THAT'S why it's SO cool that this film is on the Net: IT SHOWS
the serious mind control TC is going through: You can see it in his eyes.
HE Tells where exactly he's at re Scientology, and there's no--"oh, it's just
my religion" any more: This guy is seriously saying THEY have the only answers.
Scarry.

I disagree. Some people do like being preached to. How about all those hellfire and brimstone types - less prevalent today, for sure, but some Americans seem to go for that shit. Some Scns really seem to go for the big event DM spiel - you know, the aggressive "pitbulls call in Scns" type thing.
I've been at some of those events and the mindless group reaction made me want to puke. :puke:

Tory/Magoo~~

Thanks for your answer - I was just curious. I'm glad it's working for you and I respect the fact that you wish to keep it private.

Cheers

Tanstaafl

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Ok........you're right about *some* people like to be preached to. I guess
we were talking about people who have left, and I've yet to meet someone
who left the cult who likes to be preached at. Most of us had enough
in our stay there for a few lifetimes! :omg:

You're very welcome, and I appreciate you respecting my own ways.
That's important, for sure. :yes:

Happy Friday, one and ALL :grouphug:

Tory/Magoo~~~

ExScnDude

Patron with Honors
Good to hear, Tory.

Getting spirituality going again in my life was something that I found very difficult after Scientology. But it's starting to happen again for me.

I think, for me, it's a sure sign of healing.

Alanzo,

I look at this a somewhat differently than many of the people who post here. It seems to me that rather than playing the game of life, many people are on an endless runway of becoming more spiritual so that they can then do ..... whatever it is they want to do.

I suppose if becoming more spiritual is one's game to play (though I don't see how that concept is even real - we ARE spiritual) then fine, figure-figure away on the minutia of becoming more spiritual.

For me, it's the game of living that is where all the action is at.

Scientologists tend to become so divorced from actual game playing - the games that are available to play in the world around us: interacting with others, making a career, raising a family, being creative (creativity is practically banned in Scientology). Try mocking up a new game in a Scientology environment and you will shortly see what I mean. Does "other fish to fry" ring a bell?

Instead, it's just drill drill drill, figure figure figure, prepare prepare prepare .... endlessly. This is kind of like never graduating from college.

Since I've left Scientology - my own personal end of endless quest to prepare myself to play games ...... well .... I just started playing other games. The weird thing about Scientology is that one is always preparing but never arriving anywhere.

So, when you asked Tory if she was still pursuing some form of spirituality, it jogged these thoughts which I humbly present. No offense anybody.

Does it appear strange to anyone else that so many people who post here seem to be still stuck in the preparation phase of living life - instead of just living life?

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Alanzo,

Does it appear strange to anyone else that so many people who post here seem to be still stuck in the preparation phase of living life - instead of just living life?

Maybe that's another skin to peel back on the onion.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Alanzo,

I can't see that at all. Why would you think that?
This message board only represents a part of life concerned with healing, discussing, moving on which in turn is reflected in everyday life anyway.

ExScnDude

Patron with Honors
This message board only represents a part of life concerned with healing, discussing, moving on which in turn is reflected in everyday life anyway.

Good point, FTS. I can see how the content of the board would tend to skew my opinion.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor

Speaking personally, I've got well more than 50 years of 'life' behind me and am not even particularly worried about 'death' :)

Eternity is now. Had I died at age 6 I would have died with the same 'cogs' I have now. Nowdays, I am most interested in aesthetics, and, Scientology, with its fanatical intolerant insistence on 'truth' is particularly and locally ugly.

I want it gone from my world, and, I will see removing it as a 'good deed' akin to cleaning the toilet.

Zinj

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Just to add; it's the KSW Scientology I want removed. The 'philosophy' minus KSW is merely silly, and possibly amusing.

Zinj

Colleen K. Peltomaa

Silver Meritorious Patron
Alanzo,

I look at this a somewhat differently than many of the people who post here. It seems to me that rather than playing the game of life, many people are on an endless runway of becoming more spiritual so that they can then do ..... whatever it is they want to do.

I suppose if becoming more spiritual is one's game to play (though I don't see how that concept is even real - we ARE spiritual) then fine, figure-figure away on the minutia of becoming more spiritual.

For me, it's the game of living that is where all the action is at.

Scientologists tend to become so divorced from actual game playing - the games that are available to play in the world around us: interacting with others, making a career, raising a family, being creative (creativity is practically banned in Scientology). Try mocking up a new game in a Scientology environment and you will shortly see what I mean. Does "other fish to fry" ring a bell?

Instead, it's just drill drill drill, figure figure figure, prepare prepare prepare .... endlessly. This is kind of like never graduating from college.

Since I've left Scientology - my own personal end of endless quest to prepare myself to play games ...... well .... I just started playing other games. The weird thing about Scientology is that one is always preparing but never arriving anywhere.

So, when you asked Tory if she was still pursuing some form of spirituality, it jogged these thoughts which I humbly present. No offense anybody.

The game of living was always better for me when I was in the state of unthinkingness or not-thinking. My speed of particle flow was faster and I had a more correct estimation of effort. What does it take to stably be in that state? When I look around me, 'living live' seems to be mostly about procreation and eating, other body stuff. I would call that having life live you. One of the most shocking statements Hubbard made in his lectures was, "What are you doing in a body anyway!!". That said, however, I do LOVE my creative outlets.

I've pretty much stopped looking at other people's theories about life and the universe(s) and going and doing my own looking and writing my own theories.

Hope this helps create a more balanced viewpoint.