What's new

ESMB lives on. Meet your new Administrators

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Hi everyone.

I wrote my "I'm done" thread in April and since then nothing has happened to change my mind. If anything I'm more determined to rid my life of Scientology than ever before.

Fortunately others are braver & stronger than me and have volunteered to take on ESMB. It's probably no surprise to learn that these people are Mick Wenlock & Ethercat.

I've made both Mick & Ethercat administrators and these guys will take over as active admins immediately. I will stay on as an co-administrator, until Mick & Ethercat are grooved in. Once they are confident in handling the software & backend I will hand over all control to them.

I trust Mick & Ethercat completely. I wouldn't be handing over ESMB to anyone whom I didn't trust 100%.

Please throw your support behind these guys. Until you've run a forum, you have no idea of the headaches that come with it. Both Mick & Ethercat have run successful forums & do understand what is involved. I hope you will be as supportive of Mick & Ethercat as you have been of me.

I'm sure Mick & Ethercat will post on how they each see their roles in running ESMB and I'll leave it to them to comment (unless they specifically want me to).

Thanks for your patience while this change in management has been in progress.

If you have any questions or concerns please voice them on this thread & they will be addressed.

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::biggrin::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

:omg::happydance::yes::omg::happydance::yes:

:surprise1: Congrats to Mick and Ethercat! and

:thankyou: to all 3 of you for working it out!

Emma.............:::sigh:::: I hope you stay in touch. I wouldn't say anyone is "Stronger and braver than you"....
You have shown *great* strength and bravery! It's more you've put in your time, and now it's time for a few others to step up to the plate,
and thankfully Mick and Ethercat are :yes:
You know we all love you, greatly
and I thank you for ALL that you have done to create ESMB and keep it going.
That's all I'll say, for now.....to you..... :hug:

I'm happy ESMB is living on. This is *great* news! :runaround: :woohoo:

:bighug: to ALL.....................

Tory/Magoo

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Thanks Emma for such an awesome site and transitioning over into the hands of such trustworthy and cool people in Mick & Ethercat.

I was wondering how it would be....couldn't be happier!

YAYYYYYYYY!

hh

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
That's great news. Thank you for everything you've done Emma and all the best for your new, immeasurably improved Scn-free life!

This forum is an important stepping-stone on the journey out of cult indoctrination, and I'm very glad to know that it will continue to be.

Hatshepsut

Crusader
THANKYOU. THANKYOU. THANKYOU!!!

th_fireworks2k.gif

johnAnchovie

Still raging
Thank you Emma for having kept the board going for so long. You are an impressive and inspirational woman.

There are few that I would have trusted more than Mick and Ethercat, they more than get my vote and my support.

ESMB has marked my transition from the cult almost from the get go, and it has been there for me in the good and bad times.

Big thanks and huge hugs to you Emma.

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
Excellent news. I promise to behave myself and be kind to my new "leaders". :wink2:

Emma, I think ya know how I feel about you and what this board has meant to me. Life saving, oxygen, a light in the darkness, hope when there was none and a multitude of other vital things.

So it is with great relief to know ESMB will be here, in good hands, for those behind me.

With eternal gratitude for you Emma
Glenda

p.s. if you are ever in my neck of the woods, there's always tea in the pot and wine/beer in the fridge. And any and all rumours that I can cook up a feast...are true. You and your family are always welcome at my table.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks, Emms:thumbsup:

Glad Mick and Ethercat have stepped in to take over the global monster that ESMB has become - as this cult continues to dwindle into total insignificance, this forum will still be necessary for those who escape. Glad to see it will continue.:clap::clap:

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is great news Emma!

Not about you ‘retiring’ of course (we shall miss you terribly), but that we have two stalwarts to take over and ensure the continuity of this wondrous place.

It was such a simple idea – start a forum and allow people to talk about their experiences in a cult. Simple, but utterly brilliant.

Thank you for everything you have done Emma. Perhaps one day, in the not too distant future, when academics are chronicling the demise of the cult, we might hear some of the untold stories about what it was like trying to keep order in a madhouse (the nicest sort, of course).

I’m so glad that you have been able to leave the cult behind. You can hold your head up high and be proud of your contribution in the fight against this insidious evil. You made a difference.

A very big difference.

Axiom142

freethinker

Sponsor
Good on working it all out and putting it in capable hands but I hope you still remain a member and drop in regularly.

LA SCN

NOT drinking the kool-aid
Emma::rose::rose::rose:

Mick and Ethercat: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks to you all and a big DITTO on all comments so far on this historic changing of the guard.

Before too long, I hope we'll all see ESMB threads reporting such events as:

'Hubbards' fraud and abuses widely exposed in international press',

'Scientologys' Int Base stormed by law enforcement, brain-washed captives freed',

'Families reunited after years of insane Church of Scn disconnection policy',

'On the run and cornered by Interpol for financial crimes and human rights violations, former Church leader Miscavige eats his gun'.

And I hope you're there when it happens, watching from afar, Emma! :cheers:

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Thanks for all you've done for us Emma, and all the best for the new phase in your life.

Love,

Smilla xx

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Thanks to all for the good wishes! And like everyone else on here - a huge big thank you to Emma for all her work - and also wishing her all the very best as she puts the damned cult in the rear view mirror.

If you have any concerns or questions feel free to ask on here or to PM me - our plan is just to keep ESMB here as it is and available for all ex Scientologists to have a safe place to visit, talk, laugh, cry, have fun and meet old friends.

Thanks to all the moderators who are the people who do the real work on the board!!

here's to hoping that we are going to be immensely busy in the next few years as the exodus out of the cult grows!

Gadfly

Crusader
Excellent and thank-you Emma! :clap:

I sometimes go for days and even weeks at a time where not the slightest thought of ANYTHING related to Scientology appears in my mind. Sort of as if it never existed/doesn't exist.

I have the view that what truly defines any person is what and how he or she places his or her attention using ones mind. What does any person think about (often)? What does any peson tend to chronically dwell upon? Where does ones attention and concentration tend to fall? What sort of things does one imagine and create mental dramas about? To have Scientology "not exist for one" is very enjoyable! :thumbsup:

What is true for you is what is true for you. I personally enjoy having it be true that Scientology is quite meaningless, irrelevant, insignificant and unimportant (to and for me).

I recommened it from time to time. :thumbsup:

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Thanks to all for the good wishes! And like everyone else on here - a huge big thank you to Emma for all her work - and also wishing her all the very best as she puts the damned cult in the rear view mirror.

If you have any concerns or questions feel free to ask on here or to PM me - our plan is just to keep ESMB here as it is and available for all ex Scientologists to have a safe place to visit, talk, laugh, cry, have fun and meet old friends.

Thanks to all the moderators who are the people who do the real work on the board!!

here's to hoping that we are going to be immensely busy in the next few years as the exodus out of the cult grows!

Nice one Mick - good to know that ESMB is in safe hands.

TG1

Angelic Poster
What super news!

Mick and Ethercat, thanks for your generosity in picking up the reins. I really do appreciate you both. ESMB is a place that's badly needed and that deserves to be preserved.

Emma, one last time -- thank you for creating this spot and for the courage you found to continue doing it so long.

TG1

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
Great news.

Without ESMB ponder the amount of new exes that would miss out on what healing process that ESMB provides for them. God bless Emma and the new admins.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Thank's Emma, for all you've done. You've done great! :)

And thank's Mick & Ethercat for having the awesome gumption to take over the wonderful and indispensable madhouse that ESMB is. (I'd have done it meself, had I known futz about msgboard softare..)

Anyways.. I think you two are better suited for the task.

Yea: Fuck OSA!!!

:yes: