What's new

ESMB lives on. Meet your new Administrators

Boomima

Patron with Honors
Congratulations on finding worthy people to carry on the ESMB. Mick's name was mentioned several times in comments on the VV list of the top 25 people who are crippling Scn. Someone credited him with helping to get former SO members together to talk about their experiences.

Being admin here is an extension of that work. Helping other people for no other reason than it's the right thing to do is a noble thing, Mick.

(Cheers, Ethercat. Rarely seen but dearly appreciated.)

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
.........this is how we say goodbye in a civilized manner to a valued 'staffmember' (Emma) when she leaves post. No accusations or badmouthing. No freeloader bills. No fair gaming and no make wrong..

No, we'll just give Emma a "Gold Watch"

Most-Expensive-Watch-201-Carat-Chopard.jpg

This gaudy timepiece by Chopard is adorned with three heart-shaped diamonds—a 15-carat pink diamond, a 12-carat blue diamond and an 11-carat white diamond. For good measure, they threw in 163 carats of white and yellow diamonds to bring the total to 201 carats of diamonds. The result is something that looks rather like a geode that’s been turned inside out and dipped in lemon Kool-Aid. Add to that the fact that the size of the watch’s face must make telling time into a fun game of Where’s Waldo and you’ll see that Chopard has truly created a recipe for success.

Of course, its $25 million price tag guarantees its place as the world’s most expensive watch for years to come.

ENJOY EMMA!!

hartley

Patron with Honors
Groups should last as long as they are of value to their users, and not a moment longer.

The value of ESMB is seen in this thread - plenty of posts deservedly thanking Emma and wishing her successors well. The concept remains valid, a place where ex-members can discuss anything they choose without outsiders constantly wandering in to express simplistic views they have heard before - 'Scientology is rubbish and only stupid people join it' from one side and 'you are all bitter apostates hiding sex crimes' from the other.

When the cult is a footnote in history and there are no ex-members still in their present bodies then ESMB can fade away as well, but I do hope not before.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Groups should last as long as they are of value to their users, and not a moment longer.

The value of ESMB is seen in this thread - plenty of posts deservedly thanking Emma and wishing her successors well. The concept remains valid, a place where ex-members can discuss anything they choose without outsiders constantly wandering in to express simplistic views they have heard before - 'Scientology is rubbish and only stupid people join it' from one side and 'you are all bitter apostates hiding sex crimes' from the other.

When the cult is a footnote in history and there are no ex-members still in their present bodies then ESMB can fade away as well, but I do hope not before.

Hartley - nicely summed up - heartily agree.

vumba

Danielle Chamberlin
Thank you Emma for helping me so much. Thanks too to the guys for taking this on. If I can be of any help in some way let me know. x

G

Gottabrain

Hey Emma! :wave:

This is great news! You've chosen your successors well and I couldn't be happier. Thanks, Mick and Ethercat, for taking over this responsibility.

(and Emma... I feel similarly to you, so won't be posting much on forums anymore... my life is getting busy and the way it should be. I'm with you all the way - live your life the way you wish!!)

Love yas,

Sheila

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Thanks to all for the good wishes! And like everyone else on here - a huge big thank you to Emma for all her work - and also wishing her all the very best as she puts the damned cult in the rear view mirror.

If you have any concerns or questions feel free to ask on here or to PM me - our plan is just to keep ESMB here as it is and available for all ex Scientologists to have a safe place to visit, talk, laugh, cry, have fun and meet old friends.

Thanks to all the moderators who are the people who do the real work on the board!!

here's to hoping that we are going to be immensely busy in the next few years as the exodus out of the cult grows!

Hey, Mick, you're carrying a rifle in your photo.

Are you trying to tell us something?

Just wonderin'.

:biggrin:

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Hey, Mick, you're carrying a rifle in your photo.

Are you trying to tell us something?

Just wonderin'.

:biggrin:

if I may correct you - it's a shotgun (12 gauge) about to be supplemented by a new pump action 12 gauge...

There are certain people who get the wobbles seeing a pic of someone with a gun - just cracks me up... nothing more than that. Of course everyone round here carries firearms... it's a very polite neighborhood..

jenni with an eye

Silver Meritorious Patron
if I may correct you - it's a shotgun (12 gauge) about to be supplemented by a new pump action 12 gauge...

There are certain people who get the wobbles seeing a pic of someone with a gun - just cracks me up... nothing more than that. Of course everyone round here carries firearms... it's a very polite neighborhood..

I can see why :hide:

:hysterical:

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist

Ha. I was raised in a family that had firearms and many relatives had them too.
(I liked the Remington 1100 12 gauge for a shotgun.)

My brother and I got serious and lengthy safety training from our Dad when we were kids (elementary school age). :)

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

I had a 12 gauge pump-action shotgun when I lived in LA, about the time this photo was taken (just pre-Y2K):

paul_rifle.jpg

I LOVED the sound of that cocking action with the shotgun.

Paul

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
I had a 12 gauge pump-action shotgun when I lived in LA, about the time this photo was taken (just pre-Y2K):

paul_rifle.jpg

I LOVED the sound of that cocking action with the shotgun.

Paul
Looks like a vintage Winchester Model 1894 30-30 carbine. I have a tricked out Mossberg 500 12guage for home defense and a Beretta 92Series 40S&W for personal carry (w/ concealed weapon permit). My world is a safer place.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Looks like a vintage Winchester Model 1894 30-30 carbine. I have a tricked out Mossberg 500 12guage for home defense and a Beretta 92Series 40S&W for personal carry w/ permit). My world is a safer place.

The Winchester was new. The shotgun was a bog-standard Mossberg. I decided to get popular standard firearms on the theory that I would be more likely to be able to find ammo for them after TSHTF. Fortunately it was all unnecessary, although I would be happier with a shotgun under the bed still. :)

Paul

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
The Winchester was new. The shotgun was a bog-standard Mossberg. I decided to get popular standard firearms on the theory that I would be more likely to be able to find ammo for them after TSHTF. Fortunately it was all unnecessary, although I would be happier with a shotgun under the bed still. :)

Paul

Now that some of us have participated in derailing this thread...

Just outta curiosity, how easy/difficult is it to buy and own firearms (and buy ammo) where you live now as opposed to when you lived in California?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Now that some of us have participated in derailing this thread...

Just outta curiosity, how easy/difficult is it to buy and own firearms (and buy ammo) where you live now as opposed to when you lived in California?

I'm in England. It's very difficult, mostly impossible.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_the_United_Kingdom

When applying for a firearm certificate, justification must be provided to the police for each firearm, and they are individually listed on the certificate by type, calibre, and serial number.

. . .

To obtain a firearm certificate, the police must be convinced that a person has "good reason" to own each firearm, and that they can be trusted with it "without danger to the public safety or to the peace". Under Home Office guidelines, firearms licences are only issued if a person has legitimate sporting, collecting, or work-related reasons for ownership. Since 1968, self-defence has not been considered a valid reason to own a firearm. The current licensing procedure involves: positive verification of identity, two referees of verifiable good character who have known the applicant for at least two years (and who may themselves be interviewed and/or investigated as part of the certification), approval of the application by the applicant's own family doctor, an inspection of the premises and cabinet where firearms will be kept and a face-to-face interview by a Firearms Enquiry Officer (FEO) also known as a Firearms Liaison Officer (FLO). A thorough background check of the applicant is then made by Special Branch on behalf of the firearms licensing department. Only when all these stages have been satisfactorily completed will a license be issued, which has to be renewed every 5 years.

Paul