What's new

ESMB Therapy for those truly still recovering

Boldgirl

Patron Meritorious
This thread is for those who are still in process recovering. This thread is not for those who are doing great and on esmb to help others. This Thread is active therapy, not for commentators. That may sound odd or rude, but it is not meant to be. It is what it is. Please respect that request.

And dare I say, as always, if this thread proves to be not useful or dead, that is OK too ! Lurkers are welcome.

My own goal is to have myself and others that are still working through the cult upsets and feeling a little stuck to be able to go over as many incidents as needed per person in order to feel better and still be anonymous! So the goal of this thread is to feel better by actively doing the exercise Hassan writes about in recovering.

OK, I am still reading through Steven Hassan's book " Releasing the bonds" and this one 'step' really hit me and I thought it was great advice. Here is what Mr Hassan wrote, and then I will start with one example from my experience.

Hassan: "The next step is perhaps the most significant part of the healing process. I suggest the client go back in time to crucial moments in his involvement and "re-do" them, with the new information, resources, and perspectives that he now has. He can say or do what he would do if he knew then what he knows now. During this exercise he should keep in mind that:
1. These negative things happened to a 'younger you'.
2. You did the best you knew how at the time' based on your knowledge and abilities
3. Now, you are older, wiser, and have more resources about mind control and cult practices."

By imagining how he would have acted differently, a person can integrate the new resources into the cult identity. "

OK, the first one that comes to mind for me is when a friend of mine, also a co worker, came to me to warn me about scn. She told me it is a cult and to be careful and that she was worried about me. I had already been indoctrinated enough at that point to act like a typical plexiglass scientologist, being defensive, telling her she had no right to do that and also that lots of religions had been called cults and were not and all the other crap. Anyway, my scn contact convinced me this person was an enemy in my camp and I fired her, never spoke again.

To replay this with what I wished I had said and would say today...is:

"why is it a cult, what have you read? Please Show me because I didnt think I was in a cult! " I trust you enough to listen and read what you found." You are my friend, and I will at least listen and at least check out what you are saying."

That would have lead me to xenu.net and I wouldnt be writing this thread as I would not have gone further into the cult. So in that interaction , my true self would have listened and been curious and not taken it personally, and trusted enough to at least look.

(Other incidents later are much less civil with Scn's I came across...cant wait to replay those with what I really would say now... F--- you, I am not doing that-how could you ask people to do that??!!!"! :whistling:

Vinaire

Sponsor

OK, the first one that comes to mind for me is when a friend of mine, also a co worker, came to me to warn me about scn. She told me it is a cult and to be careful and that she was worried about me. I had already been indoctrinated enough at that point to act like a typical plexiglass scientologist, being defensive, telling her she had no right to do that and also that lots of religions had been called cults and were not and all the other crap. Anyway, my scn contact convinced me this person was an enemy in my camp and I fired her, never spoke again.

Just curious... Do you intend to get back in touch with her and reestablish good communication?

Pixie

Crusader
Well, interesting thread, a compeling challenge for sure. There were many things that shocked and appauled me while I was on staff and in the TTC (Technical Training Corp) and a short time in the SO, however like a good little robot, a very obidient little cultie, I went along with them and questioned little for fear of reprisal until I couldn't keep my mouth shut anylonger and was at the very end, ten long years later, physically and forcebly removed kicking and screaming from the org and verbally declared and S.P. in front of every single staff memeber and friend I had at the time, and no one lifted a finger or opened thier mouth, nothing in writing, my stats were up, but I'd been writing uplines about 'squirreling', little did I know the 'squirreling' was coming from DM himself! :omg:

However the one things that stands head and shoulders above the rest of the insanty I went through, was what happened to me on the TTC. I've not talked about this before to anyone and it's difficult to write and possibly I felt I had no right to write it after reading some of the horror stories from long time SO members in the RPF etc, but this for me was more mental abuse and it was this.. looking back.. that I realize it froze me in time.

I was on staff possibly only six months or so when I was chosen to go on the TTC to train to be a sup and then perhaps a Qual Sec. There was a big push for newly trained at the time in all the orgs all over the UK so there were quite a lot of us from all over. The schedule was tough, I went through an enourmous amount of shit in the beginning as the Pro-Trs sup wouldn't allow me on the course unless I'd had my purif which the org wasn't willing to pay for.. anyway that's another long winded story. Was dragged around the base by an ot8 as she regged the public, one of the most humiliating things I'd ever experienced... another story .. anyway..

I was in my twenties, very exicted, massively enthusiastic and more than willing to get through my TIP (training list) and do everything right so that I could get back to my org sooner rather than later and with flying colours, work really really hard and help clear the planet.. :duh: :no: . During my time there, I met someone from another org who was also training there and for much of the time we ended up on the same course and in the same course rooms. We were like soul-mates, same zany sense of humour.. so much in common. I was deeply and madly in love. Naturally with the schedule and the limited time we had to spend together, not a lot was able to happen on a physical level, but on every other level, we were both besotted. I was so happy I couldn't even describe it and we both spent our precious time together laughing like hyenas.. and kissing, a lot.. when we got the chance.

We were living in berthing.. well a shed to be honest, girls shed and boys shed, no heating, no hot water, three to a bunk with whoever was on the top bunk couldn't physically turn around as their nose was touching the ceiling, totally horrendous and inhumane, anyway, each night on the journey home, we used to hold hands - under a coat. Now to this day, I do not know why we did this, no one ever said anything to us, we were always together, yet we held hands under a coat. We'd get off the bus, go have supper with the others, then go for a walk.

This went on for some time, I don't know how much time as my time lines are still shot to bits, but it was maybe.. I don't know, a year, it felt like a year.

One night, we were out very late, it was almost one in the morning, we just coudn't tear ourselves away from each other so I had to sneak into the shed and make no noise as everyone was alseep.... or so I thought.

The next day, I was in ethics as someone had written a KR (knowledge report) saying I was out late and having an 'out 2d'. I denied everything and said we were just friends, but it stung me deeply. After that, we noticed we were being watched closely. We had already been told our next step was to twin on KTL which we started the following week and everything was fine in the first couple of weeks except that someone, an SO member would come in and just stand and watch us, inscessently, we were constantly paranoid and felt sick. Then, every day, we were pulled off our course and asked to 'cough up our crimes'. This was torture, it went on for three weeks, it may as well have been three years, it was hell. In the end they finally got out of us that we were in love and were 'seeing each other'.

The next morning, we went to class as usual and were pulled into the auditing room again for an SRA (Severe Reality Adjustment). I was screamed at for what seemed like an age, I was told that there was an 'enturbulation order' issued and that neither of us from that moment on were allowed to speak to each other ever again.

I can't explain what this did to me, I can't explain the state of shock I was in, but for the rest of my time on the TTC, we were not allowed to even say hello, nothing, not even look at each other, no chance to talk or to say goodbye.

I was told I was being watched, I was called a slut.. my 2d 'history' thrown in my face continuously. I told them we hadn't made love but this was not believed. I was told I was too woggy and had other fish to fry almost every day after that and was watched constantly by one other SO member who seemed to have an obsession to destroy my reputation as well as to stalk me every moment. He followed me everywhere, and I mean everywhere, to make sure I was not speaking with my friend.

By the time I got back to my org, I was a walking mess, I had no personality to speak off and I was numb. Of course there's more, but you get the jist, and I don't want taking up too much room, I know I don't like reading reems and reems of stuff .. I was so devastated, so so so heartbroken, and yet I was not allowed to show it, any of it, none of it and this has affected me to this day. In fact it still makes me feel physically sick.

Now, if it was NOW, I would have told them to fuck off. I would have said "......" we're in love, we're holding hands under a fucking coat, this is a cult, run for the hills!! And we'd have escaped back to London and lived happily ever after.

There were quite a few traumas that I experienced while 'in' that possibly will sound a lot worse than this one, however, this is the one that affected me most deeply. Everything in my life after that seemed like some sort of dream, or rather a nightmare, I was stuck in time, frozen, couldn't move, and I knew it but couldn't do anything about it. It didn't even read on the meter, this was the beginning of my questioning phase, why when I was in 'session', in such a heartbroken and devastated state, was this not picked up.

Thanks Boldgirl for giving me the opportunity to talk about this. It's about all I can cope with right now.

Boldgirl

Patron Meritorious
Well, interesting thread, a compeling challenge for sure. There were many things that shocked and appauled me while I was on staff and in the TTC (Technical Training Corp) and a short time in the SO, however like a good little robot, a very obidient little cultie, I went along with them and questioned little for fear of reprisal until I couldn't keep my mouth shut anylonger and was at the very end, ten long years later, physically and forcebly removed kicking and screaming from the org and verbally declared and S.P. in front of every single staff memeber and friend I had at the time, and no one lifted a finger or opened thier mouth, nothing in writing, my stats were up, but I'd been writing uplines about 'squirreling', little did I know the 'squirreling' was coming from DM himself! :omg:

However the one things that stands head and shoulders above the rest of the insanty I went through, was what happened to me on the TTC. I've not talked about this before to anyone and it's difficult to write and possibly I felt I had no right to write it after reading some of the horror stories from long time SO members in the RPF etc, but this for me was more mental abuse and it was this.. looking back.. that I realize it froze me in time.

I was on staff possibly only six months or so when I was chosen to go on the TTC to train to be a sup and then perhaps a Qual Sec. There was a big push for newly trained at the time in all the orgs all over the UK so there were quite a lot of us from all over. The schedule was tough, I went through an enourmous amount of shit in the beginning as the Pro-Trs sup wouldn't allow me on the course unless I'd had my purif which the org wasn't willing to pay for.. anyway that's another long winded story. Was dragged around the base by an ot8 as she regged the public, one of the most humiliating things I'd ever experienced... another story .. anyway..

I was in my twenties, very exicted, massively enthusiastic and more than willing to get through my TIP (training list) and do everything right so that I could get back to my org sooner rather than later and with flying colours, work really really hard and help clear the planet.. :duh: :no: . During my time there, I met someone from another org who was also training there and for much of the time we ended up on the same course and in the same course rooms. We were like soul-mates, same zany sense of humour.. so much in common. I was deeply and madly in love. Naturally with the schedule and the limited time we had to spend together, not a lot was able to happen on a physical level, but on every other level, we were both besotted. I was so happy I couldn't even describe it and we both spent our precious time together laughing like hyenas.. and kissing, a lot.. when we got the chance.

We were living in berthing.. well a shed to be honest, girls shed and boys shed, no heating, no hot water, three to a bunk with whoever was on the top bunk couldn't physically turn around as their nose was touching the ceiling, totally horrendous and inhumane, anyway, each night on the journey home, we used to hold hands - under a coat. Now to this day, I do not know why we did this, no one ever said anything to us, we were always together, yet we held hands under a coat. We'd get off the bus, go have supper with the others, then go for a walk.

This went on for some time, I don't know how much time as my time lines are still shot to bits, but it was maybe.. I don't know, a year, it felt like a year.

One night, we were out very late, it was almost one in the morning, we just coudn't tear ourselves away from each other so I had to sneak into the shed and make no noise as everyone was alseep.... or so I thought.

The next day, I was in ethics as someone had written a KR (knowledge report) saying I was out late and having an 'out 2d'. I denied everything and said we were just friends, but it stung me deeply. After that, we noticed we were being watched closely. We had already been told our next step was to twin on KTL which we started the following week and everything was fine in the first couple of weeks except that someone, an SO member would come in and just stand and watch us, inscessently, we were constantly paranoid and felt sick. Then, every day, we were pulled off our course and asked to 'cough up our crimes'. This was torture, it went on for three weeks, it may as well have been three years, it was hell. In the end they finally got out of us that we were in love and were 'seeing each other'.

The next morning, we went to class as usual and were pulled into the auditing room again for an SRA (Severe Reality Adjustment). I was screamed at for what seemed like an age, I was told that there was an 'enturbulation order' issued and that neither of us from that moment on were allowed to speak to each other ever again.

I can't explain what this did to me, I can't explain the state of shock I was in, but for the rest of my time on the TTC, we were not allowed to even say hello, nothing, not even look at each other, no chance to talk or to say goodbye.

I was told I was being watched, I was called a slut.. my 2d 'history' thrown in my face continuously. I told them we hadn't made love but this was not believed. I was told I was too woggy and had other fish to fry almost every day after that and was watched constantly by one other SO member who seemed to have an obsession to destroy my reputation as well as to stalk me every moment. He followed me everywhere, and I mean everywhere, to make sure I was not speaking with my friend.

By the time I got back to my org, I was a walking mess, I had no personality to speak off and I was numb. Of course there's more, but you get the jist, and I don't want taking up too much room, I know I don't like reading reems and reems of stuff .. I was so devastated, so so so heartbroken, and yet I was not allowed to show it, any of it, none of it and this has affected me to this day. In fact it still makes me feel physically sick.

Now, if it was NOW, I would have told them to fuck off. I would have said "......" we're in love, we're holding hands under a fucking coat, this is a cult, run for the hills!! And we'd have escaped back to London and lived happily ever after.

There were quite a few traumas that I experienced while 'in' that possibly will sound a lot worse than this one, however, this is the one that affected me most deeply. Everything in my life after that seemed like some sort of dream, or rather a nightmare, I was stuck in time, frozen, couldn't move, and I knew it but couldn't do anything about it. It didn't even read on the meter, this was the beginning of my questioning phase, why when I was in 'session', in such a heartbroken and devastated state, was this not picked up.

Thanks Boldgirl for giving me the opportunity to talk about this. It's about all I can cope with right now.

Thank you for sharing that experience Pixie and I am so sorry you had to go through that ! They were acting so insanely pounding people down like that about something so beautiful....LOVE!
:bricks:

Hassan also says in his book to actually "re-visualize" the experience with your new armed self, basically play it over in your head but see yourself really standing up to the ones that screamed at you and the ones that followed you etc etc in the whole incident. See the whole scene with yourself acting totally differently, with you saying what you want to say and feel good knowing you could stand up to them today.

Hopefully we will feel better like Hassan said he did doing the same thing. He pictured himself telling Moon in front of all the others and leaders how crazy Moon was and he said it made him feel better.

Maybe it is true what they say...'what does not kill us makes us stronger'.

Boldgirl

Patron Meritorious
Just curious... Do you intend to get back in touch with her and reestablish good communication?

Yes in terms of apologizing for the punishment not fitting the crime.

Unfortunately there was a little more to it, she was mocking me to others I worked with behind my back about scn and I guess that isnt exactly something a true friend would do in the first place.

Zander

Patron with Honors

Pixie, I just have to say that this treatment you suffered is just so sick.

Someone - one of your own colleagues - spied on you and reported you. This is just so 1984. And then the subsequent screaming, watching and following you everywhere and enforced separation, just like a totalitarian state of the worst kind. They had no right whatsoever to do that.

You were just being human and celebrating life and love as we all should. You should have been congratulated for that and encouraged to live fully.

I sincerely hope that I am not intruding on this therapy aspect, but wish you all the best.

Zander

Pixie

Crusader
Pixie, I just have to say that this treatment you suffered is just so sick.

Someone - one of your own colleagues - spied on you and reported you. This is just so 1984. And then the subsequent screaming, watching and following you everywhere and enforced separation, just like a totalitarian state of the worst kind. They had no right whatsoever to do that.

You were just being human and celebrating life and love as we all should. You should have been congratulated for that and encouraged to live fully.

I sincerely hope that I am not intruding on this therapy aspect, but wish you all the best.

Zander

Oh no not at all, thanks. Even thinking about it makes me feel sick. I've read 1984 and it may as well have been written for me, yes, and even trying to picutre what I'd do now fills me with dread.. it's very difficult to put into words really. No, they had no right, no right at all, but they did it, I was made feel like a filthy whore, and that is the truth, and now we will never ever know how that story would have ended had the cult not been involved. "No love allowed", they should put that at the gates of Saint Fucking Bill.

We were slaves, how else would anyone not question this insanity? And the times I was ordered to read 'Pain and Sex', I was screaming at one stage, 'but we didn't have sex'!!! And how many more times I had to read 'Pain and Sex', even after this, again and again, and '2d rules', it had fuck all to do with what was happening here, nothing whatsoever, we were two people in love, enthusiastic and capable students, what was the fucking problem? My guess, we laughed a lot and were too happy, they just couldn't stomach that I guess.

Pixie

Crusader
Thank you for sharing that experience Pixie and I am so sorry you had to go through that ! They were acting so insanely pounding people down like that about something so beautiful....LOVE!
:bricks:

Hassan also says in his book to actually "re-visualize" the experience with your new armed self, basically play it over in your head but see yourself really standing up to the ones that screamed at you and the ones that followed you etc etc in the whole incident. See the whole scene with yourself acting totally differently, with you saying what you want to say and feel good knowing you could stand up to them today.

Hopefully we will feel better like Hassan said he did doing the same thing. He pictured himself telling Moon in front of all the others and leaders how crazy Moon was and he said it made him feel better.

Maybe it is true what they say...'what does not kill us makes us stronger'.

Thanks Boldgirl, Hassan ought to be knighted, or sainted or something. I am trying to do this, it's like a ball of wire in my stomach, I could do it though for sure, if it was now. I don't know if I'll ever get over that one. That episode split me in two for some reason.

Boldgirl

Patron Meritorious
Thanks Boldgirl, Hassan ought to be knighted, or sainted or something. I am trying to do this, it's like a ball of wire in my stomach, I could do it though for sure, if it was now. I don't know if I'll ever get over that one. That episode split me in two for some reason.

You know, sometimes I think either a good boxing class, or kick boxing or punching bag would help me. I am trying this visualiztion and it isnt yet getting me relief, but boy if there was a punching bag...now that might be something.

Sometimes I think we have to get really PISSED OFF and punch things to really let out the physical side of the rage.

I have been thinking of doing this lately. After you feel all recovered from your injury, maybe it is something to consider....or if you are a runner...take it up. My friend is a runner and she swears that it unleashes her rage like nothing else.

Zander

Patron with Honors
You know, sometimes I think either a good boxing class, or kick boxing or punching bag would help me. I am trying this visualiztion and it isnt yet getting me relief, but boy if there was a punching bag...now that might be something.

Sometimes I think we have to get really PISSED OFF and punch things to really let out the physical side of the rage.

I have been thinking of doing this lately. After you feel all recovered from your injury, maybe it is something to consider....or if you are a runner...take it up. My friend is a runner and she swears that it unleashes her rage like nothing else.

That is interesting Boldgirl. In the past I have done a couple of types of therapy part of which involved screaming as loud as you can, or venting your anger physically by punching in the air and shouting, whilst visualising the thing or the person or situation that you feel angry or upset about.

I did feel that this was beneficial at the time to release pent-up emotions which felt stuck. You do have to start slow and take it as it comes. A safe soundproofed space is also advisable. :)

But I think that like you say running or some other physical activity can also release that, especially whilst visualising.

Zander

M

Moderator 1

I've moved this thread from the video section into the Life after Scientology forum

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.

This is basically Book Oneing the incident with PT knowledge. I would like to go back to when I signed that fateful 2.5 year contract and say (for the times) "$40k p.a. or I walk out the door."

Oddly enough, I don't need to handle any of the verbal abuse from uplines, because I applied proper TRs and handled it, except for one time when there was an ongoing war between myself and an exec from a different div. He layed into me in the foyer so strongly, I was being pushed through the office and onto the street, and I had no idea WTF he was going on about. When he finally dribbled enough for me to get a handle, I realized he was accusing me of being in league with someone who had made rude signs at him as he walked past, and I made it totally clear that I had no time for that person, and that my conversation was with a third person on the scene, and that both of us had dressed him down severely for being so rude and obnoxious. I was then able to hold my ground and meet his HE&R without a flinch.

I still think that some of the tech, if applied compassionately and caringly, could be useful; but while stats rule the roost, that ain't gonna happen.

So people: even if the other terminals aren't present, use your comm skills to resolve the situation.

Boldgirl

Patron Meritorious
So people: even if the other terminals aren't present, use your comm skills to resolve the situation.

yea....I sure wish I had done that more. But if I felt 'fear' of getting into trouble, I can only imagine what a staffer or SO felt should they speak up. You are one of the few possibly .....

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Baseball bats are good. Really. Imagine the person being the stuffed sofa or your mattress or whatever you have available and yell and scream and knock hell out of the thing until it's all out. Fists are OK too. Very therapeutic, as long as you're free to do it and not worried about disturbing the neighbours or something. Really let yourself go--don't hold back. Works a treat.

Paul

Pixie

Crusader
Baseball bats are good. Really. Imagine the person being the stuffed sofa or your mattress or whatever you have available and yell and scream and knock hell out of the thing until it's all out. Fists are OK too. Very therapeutic, as long as you're free to do it and not worried about disturbing the neighbours or something. Really let yourself go--don't hold back. Works a treat.

Paul

I always knew you enjoyed a good 'whupping' Dull Old Fart! :whip: :D

Pixie

Crusader
Yeah. But I was serious about that, Pixie. It does work.

Paul

Yes I know you were Paul and I'm sure it does but in 45 degree heat I don't have the energy to get off this computer chair never mind beating the living daylights out of the sofa! :no:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Yes I know you were Paul and I'm sure it does but in 45 degree heat I don't have the energy to get off this computer chair never mind beating the living daylights out of the sofa! :no:

Well, flick sweat at it instead, although I doubt if it will work as well.

I'll retire from this thread now.

Paul

DartSmohen

Silver Meritorious Patron
Judging by the range of people I have come across in Scn, and the SO in particular, I would have to say that those who were screaming abuse at you for alleged "out 2D" activities were themselves, very screwed up on the subject.

You get this with religeous groups; priests and nuns loudly condemning "sins of the flesh" invairably have an enormous amount of baggage on it themselves and dumping their abuse on you is their way of venting their own frustrations. :yes: