What's new

Europeans and brits

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
thought I might throw out some names I have been wondering about see if anyone has any info

Bertie van Hoecke - one of the best known AOSH EU staff , I heard he had been declared and kicked out from the IMU but have not heard anything of him .

Jane Zimmatore - curious as to what happened to her.

Roman and Kerstin Giessauer

Jens Uhrskov (and his wife)

Ib Nyegaard

Liz Astrupgaard

Shaffe Give'on (Beersheva)

Hannah and Mike Shadofsky

Alois Eisenring

The 'Good' Family from Plymouth

Maureen Brigatti

Pauline Chatterton

Christian and Jackie Delalez

Per and Lena Svenlin

Bo Larsson ( was FR EU)

Anita and Hans Andersson

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
thought I might throw out some names I have been wondering about see if anyone has any info <snip>

Almost all my data on some of these is from the early 90s, Mick, but I did see a video maybe a year ago with Roman in it, apparently doing a typical OSA security thing at an event.

And it's Lis Astrupgaard, if that helps with Google somewhere. :)

Paul

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't recognise any of those names but I was thinking of one the other day - Frank O'Sullivan.

I was listening to Clare Headley talking to Jeffrey Augustine and she mentioned that Frank is her uncle, which I didn't know, and that he had once blown and was recovered.

This surprised me because he always seemed to me to be the most dedicated Scientologist I'd ever met and he was even proposed for Kha Khan status by someone at Saint Hill, although he didn't get it.

Anyone know his current status?

Leon-2

Patron Meritorious
Gosh. Bertie van Hoeke - there's a name from the past. he was in the Madrid relay office when I went to Flag back in early 1971. Married Yone later on the Apollo. He was a really nice guy. I got on well with him. A Belgian - like my own ancestry.

phenomanon

Canyon
Gosh. Bertie van Hoeke - there's a name from the past. he was in the Madrid relay office when I went to Flag back in early 1971. Married Yone later on the Apollo. He was a really nice guy. I got on well with him. A Belgian - like my own ancestry.

I sure wish Bertie would have had you courier that huge box full of Russian propaganda, instead of having me lug it across Spain to Morocco. It would have saved me some very very tense moments at Customs, when the drilled in phrase "In Transit" didn't seem to satisfy their curiosity about how a slight American woman bringing a box the size of a refrigerator could be " In Transit". I did not know what was in the box, but I had been instructed by Madrid that if anyone in Customs questioned the contents of the box, I was to 'overwhelm' them with my honesty and openly show them anything they asked about. So I reached out and tore one side of the box open. Out spilled these flyers proclaiming " Communisto!" in big letters. My heart sank and I had a vision of myself in a prison in Morocco. Just at that moment Capt Bill showed up in all his SO glory accompanied by 2/3 other SO personnel, and took over the Customs cycle.
I asked Bill WTF and he said that Flag was going to use the Flyers for scrap paper.
It went downhill from there.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
thought I might throw out some names I have been wondering about see if anyone has any info

Bertie van Hoecke - one of the best known AOSH EU staff , I heard he had been declared and kicked out from the IMU but have not heard anything of him .

Jane Zimmatore - curious as to what happened to her.

Roman and Kerstin Giessauer

Jens Uhrskov (and his wife)

Ib Nyegaard

Liz Astrupgaard

Shaffe Give'on (Beersheva)

Hannah and Mike Shadofsky

Alois Eisenring

The 'Good' Family from Plymouth

Maureen Brigatti

Pauline Chatterton

Christian and Jackie Delalez

Per and Lena Svenlin

Bo Larsson ( was FR EU)

Anita and Hans Andersson

I knew Ib and Liz, Per and Lena, Christian and Jackie...Real fine folks...Hope they are "out" and living well. :yes:

Face:)

EDIT PS: One of the lasting good things I got out of being in the SO, on the Apollo and in Int "Management" was interacting with, working with and getting to personally know and develop friendships with a whole bunch of very fine Folks from EU, UK, ANZO, LATAM, Africa, Canada and the US.:thumbsup:

EDIT PPS: Christian grew up in French Foreign Legion Posts, spoke fluently and read French, Swedish, Danish, Finish, German, Spanish and English and, IIRC, also knew conversational Norwegian. Last I heard anything about Christian was about 20 years ago or so and the story I was told was that he was out of the SO, had learned Japanese and was teaching English to "Foreigners" somewhere in the New York City area.

Last edited:

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
I knew Ib and Liz, Per and Lena, Christian and Jackie...Real fine folks...Hope they are "out" and living well. :yes:

Face:)

EDIT PS: One of the lasting good things I got out of being in the SO, on the Apollo and in Int "Management" was interacting with, working with and getting to personally know and develop friendships with a whole bunch of very fine Folks from EU, UK, ANZO, LATAM, Africa, Canada and the US.:thumbsup:

EDIT PPS: Christian grew up in French Foreign Legion Posts, spoke fluently and read French, Swedish, Danish, Finish, German, Spanish and English and, IIRC, also knew conversational Norwegian. Last I heard anything about Christian was about 20 years ago or so and the story I was told was that he was out of the SO, had learned Japanese and was teaching English to "Foreigners" somewhere in the New York City area.

Ib and I got to be pretty good friends after he got back from the FEBC with Lis. They split up not long after getting back and Ib was deeply unhappy about it. I last saw him in 1987 when he was still "public" though no longer on any org lines, his Mum was still active though.

Lis married Morten Astrupgaard, they were in LA I think at Bridge (but hazy memory alert...) Morten died a couple of years back. Not sure what Lis is doing since then.

Oh yeah - wanted to add Bo Larsson and Kiki Jonsson to the list...

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Ib and I got to be pretty good friends after he got back from the FEBC with Lis. They split up not long after getting back and Ib was deeply unhappy about it. I last saw him in 1987 when he was still "public" though no longer on any org lines, his Mum was still active though.

Lis married Morten Astrupgaard, they were in LA I think at Bridge (but hazy memory alert...) Morten died a couple of years back. Not sure what Lis is doing since then.

Oh yeah - wanted to add Bo Larsson and Kiki Jonsson to the list...

I'm pretty sure I met Lis in Zurich she was on some kind of mission, that was in 1987 I think. She was a member of a rare breed, accessible, human and with interest in the real world, I should imagine she's out by now.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
I sure wish Bertie would have had you courier that huge box full of Russian propaganda, instead of having me lug it across Spain to Morocco. It would have saved me some very very tense moments at Customs, when the drilled in phrase "In Transit" didn't seem to satisfy their curiosity about how a slight American woman bringing a box the size of a refrigerator could be " In Transit". I did not know what was in the box, but I had been instructed by Madrid that if anyone in Customs questioned the contents of the box, I was to 'overwhelm' them with my honesty and openly show them anything they asked about. So I reached out and tore one side of the box open. Out spilled these flyers proclaiming " Communisto!" in big letters. My heart sank and I had a vision of myself in a prison in Morocco. Just at that moment Capt Bill showed up in all his SO glory accompanied by 2/3 other SO personnel, and took over the Customs cycle.
I asked Bill WTF and he said that Flag was going to use the Flyers for scrap paper.
It went downhill from there.

The scrap paper angle is actually very believable. Some Ethics and PC folders are chock full of old Cedars of Lebanon medical records.