What's new

Ex FCDC Technical Training Corps here

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
Exodus...

Lemme guess, Mark McGrath was your Sup, David graham is probably still the course admin, liz is the ED, Tom is still regging, the Terbush boys are in OSA with Sue Taylor and Sylvia Stannard, Kim Belotti is in Div 6, hmmm...howmany people were in the courseroom? Is Sally Baker still on her 100th retread of the PTS/SP course? Does Ron Baker have any fingers left? Have you checked the date on that pack of unfiltered Kools in the LRH office?

:coolwink:

Welcome to ESMB space, boy!:wave::welcome:

Were Dave DiPalma and Bernie there still? :confused2:

Were you day or fdn? Lots of folks here that you probably know and who know you. :yes:

EP (PMs always welcome)

Div6

Crusader
Me too.

D.C.: Is that where they have the wanted posters for me from several galaxies ?
:nervous:
Haven't seen any lately.....why? What did you do?

D.C.= The most spiritually corrupt Earth location, without contest.

Wow...interesting viewpoint.

There are some locations in China, Russia and Africa that fall into that category for me.. But tell me, what is the difference between "spiritually corrupt" and "corrupt"?

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Haven't seen any lately.....why? What did you do?

Wow...interesting viewpoint.

There are some locations in China, Russia and Africa that fall into that category for me.. But tell me, what is the difference between "spiritually corrupt" and "corrupt"?

It's possible to be 'corrupt' without being 'spiritually corrupt', e.g. You consider Scientology 'spiritual' and adhere to Scientology Ethics. Plain old vanilla 'corruption' is often the highest form of Scientology Ethics.

Zinj

SpaceOperaBoy

How I got in, how I got out

We'd love to hear your story of how you got into the cult and then how you got out. GT
Thanks for the warm welcome!

I got in around 1997 in Chicago. I took the WIS course and had a really good experience. When it was over, I was routed to Div 6 for another more advanced course. It started off pleasant but as I showed apprehension about not having a few thousand dollars, the woman was not very happy. She started asking me about my credit cards, going crazy on me. She finally got downright nasty with comments like, "Well, I guess you don't want to become a more able person since you're letting money get in the way of your personal freedom.." stuff like that. I blew (of course)... then a year later, I moved to DC. I was curious about the DC org so I took a visit. I was snagged quickly and shown the Orientation, taken aback by the closing comments, I nonetheless took the "test". Then, it was reviewed with me and my weaknesses discovered. I discussed my ARC break with Chicago and they nurtured me, making me feel validated for my experience.

Then, I took a daytime course, PTS/SP I believe. I remember I decided not to come to course one day because I had to mow the lawn and frankly I didn't want to commute to DC that day, it was a nice day. :) Mark McGrath (spell?) called me and asked me why I wasn't there. He was putting ethics in on me but I was just getting irritated. Moving on...

At some point, I was invited to join staff with offers like, "We will pay you to study and become an auditor!". I had a Sea Org dude do the cycle and let me tell you, he was good. Soothing, dreamy, it was like I was getting a free ride up the bridge, auditing the staff, freeing the world. Seemed like a good deal. I worked a full time job so my schedule was tight... up at 6:30, work from 7-4, come home, nap, shower, eat, dress and be at muster by 6:15 (or whatever). Then it was off to course until late, then writing letters, and finally sleeping and doing it again! I managed to save up so much of my money because I never had time to spend it!!!

I have to admit, I learned a lot there. Not from the tech so much, but how to read and understand. I still use the dictionary more than anybody I know. But it stops there, most of what I learned was not about freeing myself, but about being a successful staffer.

The avalanche begins...

It was LRH that actually got me to blow! Yes, I'll explain as simply as possible. One day, I was doing some demo and I came to realize that I was being brainwashed. I immediately brought the super over and told her, "I get it now, I'm being brainwashed right now!". Of course, she just smiled and said, "mmmmhmm". I said, "No, but not in a bad way, I'm being reprogrammed to do what Scientology does." I like to think I'm smarter than I look. I mean, I KNEW I was being brainwashed but because I felt it was for a good cause, I was fine with it. Make sense?

One day, I ran across a word, I can't remember it now, but it was a word that had an archaic meaning. The Super didn't think I had it right, but I knew where I'd seen it. It was in Edward Waite's Pictoral Key to the Tarot, which just so happened to be in the Hubbard Library. So, I made my way out of the course room and into the library... my eyes fell upon the various titles. Books about hypnotism, magic, etc. I remember seeing a book by Aleister Crowley. I picked it up and began reading it and I was astonished to find it was very similar to ideas about reality that I was learning. This got me curious, so I asked the super and she told me that Hubbard read all those books and stripped out the truth so that I wouldn't have to get confused by all the data. I really didn't agree that I shouldn't read them, but she made me feel that I should avoid it as it would enterbulate me. So, I avoided them. But, it was in the back of my mind.

Another day (down the line)... We received orders from RTC to read a communication. It was to be read in the course room, which would take me off course. I was pissed. I raised a storm and got some heat from some execs. I was fighting tooth and nail because reading a communication is not just a simply glance... looking up words, clearing, blah blah. This was where I became bitter and resentful. I started to see this diversion from becoming a better person to just following orders.

One muster on a weekend morning, we all watched a film by LRH about his adventures, his dreams, his flying planes, extravagant things. I thought to myself, "What am I doing? What are we all doing here? LRH LIVED his life and here we are, embalmed in this body doing nothing exciting for ourselves. This really pissed me off. I wanted to live like Hubbard did. I wanted freedom that the Creed so elegantly states. I knew I wasn't free and I started to feel more and more unhappy.

Another day, I was on course and found out that my family was coming to Virginia Beach and wanted me to come for the weekend. I filled out a problem report (or whatever they are called) and was DENIED because of my down stats on my course!! I was pissed, and I said, "like it or not, I'm going.." Of course, they approved it. That weekend was amazing. It was the first time in over a year that I felt free like LRH in those films. I walked the beach with nowhere to go, closing my eyes and letting the water guide me. It was a revelation. "What if I don't go back? What if I just never go back." That Monday, I wrote my own disconnection letter, walked into Reception and handed it to Claire. She was really busy. I got a bunch of calls and people coming to my house. They were PISSED that I just dropped off the communication and didn't talk about it.

Then, I started pining over the money I had "on account". I wanted it back. I stumbled upon a chat line telling people I was an ex-sci staffer and immediately I got a message from one Arnie Lerma. Thanks to him and Bunny, I was able to deliver the communication and within a few weeks got a full refund for the money I had on account but never used in exchange for services. Of course, as desperate as I was to just get out and not knowing much, I signed a document that I only assume removes me from just about any right I have to speak out. I never got a copy from Theirry so I really have no idea what I signed. I probably knew back then, but not anymore.

Anyway, I was on cloud 9 for months. I sold my E-Meter and gave away my books. I actually became good friends with my super who blew right before me. Unfortunately, he's been sucked back in and I've since to hear from him or his wife. I did my best to share my experience with people. It was amazing to me how little people knew of Scientology.

Then, most recently, I found an old buddy staffer (anonsparrow) and I just enjoy sitting back and watching him get back what we lost, our freedom to be, freedom to do, and freedom to have. That creed is real for me, finally.

SpaceOperaBoy

Lemme guess, Mark McGrath was your Sup, David graham is probably still the course admin, liz is the ED, Tom is still regging, the Terbush boys are in OSA with Sue Taylor and Sylvia Stannard, Kim Belotti is in Div 6, hmmm...howmany people were in the courseroom? Is Sally Baker still on her 100th retread of the PTS/SP course? Does Ron Baker have any fingers left? Have you checked the date on that pack of unfiltered Kools in the LRH office?

:coolwink:

Alot of those names sound like day shift folks. I was on the 'night' crew. Though, yes, those folks were there. Tom was ED, Liz I don't remember her role, but she was soooo sweet to me until I demanded my money back. It wasn't pretty. Kim got pissed at me once for not reading the label on my prescription. I avoided her as much as possible.

There were typically about 8-10 folks in the tiny Div6 room. The larger room was filled with a lot of students, mostly staff. :)

SpaceOperaBoy

Welcome to ESMB space, boy!:wave::welcome:

Were Dave DiPalma and Bernie there still? :confused2:

Were you day or fdn? Lots of folks here that you probably know and who know you. :yes:

EP (PMs always welcome)

DiPalma sounds familier, but not Bernie. I was foundation. I was around when a good friend staffer died of cancer. Last name Carson. She was so wonderful.