What's new

Ex Jeffrey Tambor Becomes First Actor to Win Golden Globe award for Transgender Role

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Kudos to former scientologist and classed auditor Jeffrey Tambor for winning a Golden Globe award for taking on a role which Scientology would have pushed him to not take.

His role has been an inspiration and comfort to many, including such members here as the late Denise Brennan and cancer-free Kate Bornstein :thumbsup:

Golden Globes: 'Transparent's' Jeffrey Tambor Becomes First Actor to Win for Transgender Role

by Paige Phelan
1/11/2015 6:36pm PDT

Transparent continued to rack up awards in its stellar first Golden Globes run as Jeffrey Tambor took home the best actor in a TV series, comedy, trophy for his work in the Amazon critical darling.

Hailing from creator Jill Soloway, Transparent follows a Los Angeles patriarch (Tambor) as she struggles to come out as transgender to her self-involved adult children (Amy Landecker, Jay Duplass and Gaby Hoffman) — all of whom are dealing with their own issues involving gender and sexuality.

Tambor was quick to thank the creator for her role in bring Maura Pfefferman to life: "Jill Soloway, you have changed my life." He quickly added, "For the better, by the way."

Tambor also took the opportunity to dedicate his award and performance to the transgender community: "Thank you for letting us be a part of the change."

Tambor’s work as Mort/Maura beat out tough competition in Louis C.K. (Louie), William H. Macy (Shameless), Ricky Gervais (Derek) and former category winner Don Cheadle (House of Lies) to win his first Golden Globe.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/golden-globes-transparent-s-jeffrey-762645

Celebrities Who Have Left Scientology

Rolling Stone Magazine 2913
Jeffrey Tambor
George Sr. – Tambor's character on Arrested Development – underwent a spiritual revelation and converted to Judaism while in jail for defrauding investors. Tambor, however, made sure to quash rumors that he actively practices Scientology. "I took some Scientology classes at one time, studied Scientology for a while, but no more," Tambor told LA.com. "I have nothing against it, but I am no longer a Scientologist."

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/...-scientology-20130806/jeffrey-tambor-19691231

Jeff Tambor in Scientology's Published Service Completion Lists

The following 14 individual completions for Jeff Tambor appear in official Scientology publications:
Jeff Tambor STUDENT HAT STUDY COURSE Celebrity 220 1988-08-01
Jeff Tambor PURIFICATION RUNDOWN Celebrity 220 1988-08-01
Jeffrey Tambor PRO TR COURSE Celebrity 222 1988-10-01
Jeff Tambor MARRIAGE COURSES Celebrity 230 1989-10-01
Jeff Tambor METHOD ONE Celebrity 246 1991-07-01
Jeffrey Tambor GRADE I Celebrity 258 1992-09-01
Jeffrey Tambor GRADE II Celebrity 258 1992-09-01
Jeff Tambor GRADE III Celebrity 260 1992-11-01
Jeff Tambor THERAPEUTIC TRS Celebrity 262 1993-02-01
Jeffrey Tambor GRADE IV Celebrity 262 1993-02-01
Jeffrey Tambor FALSE PURPOSE RUNDOWN LISTS Celebrity 262 1993-02-01
Jeffrey Tambor NED RUNDOWNS Celebrity 262 1993-02-01