Ex-Narconon Arrowhead president speaks out

Anonycat

Crusader
McALESTER — A former president of Narconon Arrowhead said the four deaths at the facility were “beyond anything imaginable.”

Narconon Arrowhead is a drug rehab in Canadian that uses Church of Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard’s teachings to rehab it’s clients. It’s also where three rehab clients were found dead in a nine month span in 2012.

A fourth died in 2009 at local hospital.

The most recent, the July 2012 death of Stacy Murphy, 20, spurred a multi-agency investigation into the deaths.

And on Wednesday legislation spurred by deaths and allowing the Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Abuse Services to oversee Narconon Arrowhead and other rehabs the Senate unopposed and was sent to Gov. Fallin’s desk. If signed, the bill could become law in November.

The deaths also brought several lawsuits against Narconon Arrowhead with allegations such as wrongful death, credit card and insurance fraud and allegations of employees trading drugs for sex.

Former Narconon Arrowhead President Lucus Catton said he was involved with Narconon Arrowhead and Scientology for more than 12 years before he was “excommunicated” for questioning the program and the church.

He said when he heard about the death of Gabriel Graves, 32, found dead in his bed at Narconon Arrowhead in Oct. of 2011, he figured it was an ‘isolated incident.’

“I just thought maybe something happened that wasn’t related to the program.” Catton said. “I never thought it could be the program.” Then six months later when Hillary Holten, 21, was found dead in her bed at the facility in April 2012, and he learned of the the 2009 death of Kaysie Werninck, 28, he became alarmed and he said worked to disassociate himself completely from any possible ties he had left with Narconon.

Finally when 20 year-old Stacy Murphy was found dead at the facility three months after Holten died, Catton said he had to speak out.

“It was beyond anything imaginable,” he said.

After those deaths, Catton said he began reading and learning more about the Narconon program.

“ I decided that the entire Narconon program is based on fraudulent practices.”

“The fact that they have a medical facility and that they are supposed to be monitoring these people and they died.” Catton said.

He said he was a Scientologist for 12 years and contributed to many Scientology-related activities.

“I was introduced to (Scientology) primarily through Narconon, and worked with them for over ten years in various capacities. I had served as President of Narconon Arrowhead and even signed the billion-year contract to join Scientology’s Sea Organization, but thankfully that was never activated.”

He said as president of Narconon Arrowhead that the facility was required to pay $30,000 a month in rent to a company called Social Betterment Properties International a non-profit group which he said is owned by the Church of Scientology.

The form 990 filed with the Internal Revenue Service states;

“Social Betterment Properties International was formed to acquire, develop and maintain buildings and other real estate utilized by social betterment organizations carrying out programs that utilize technology and methods developed by L. Ron Hubbard and that are associated with and supported by the Scientology religion.”

Catton he was asked to leave the church completely in 2011, when he began questioning the Narconon program and the beliefs of the church.

Full article: http://mcalesternews.com/local/x508494019/Ex-Narconon-Arrowhead-president-speaks-out

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
This disconnection thing scientology likes to do to shut up members from exposing the church of scientology's crimes - has a reversed flow now. It no longer works - it is a beautiful thing!

Thank you Lucas!!