What's new

Ex Scientologists: Can You Remove "Scientology" From our Culture?

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think the ultimate question is: Ex Scientologists: Can You Remove "Scientology" From our Culture? :questions:

http://askthescientologist.blogspot.com/2010/10/scientologists-can-you-remove-cult-from.html

We took the :bait: and need to stop the rot! :bullshit::punch:

Orgs need to be :tumbleweed:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=20535

Scientologists: Can You Remove The "Cult" From Scientology?

Interesting comment.
How do you intend removing it from the culture?
Are you referring to Scientology as a whole, Scientology in your day to day life (using terms and tech) or just the church structures?

It is dying. The corpse will rot and decay of it's own accord.
The exes will let it rot.
The FZers for the most part seem to be old coots who are quaintly old fashioned and some are out and out loony. They blend scientology with their looniness anyway, which dilutes the koolaid. Not enough cohesion or vitality. All of this is within a context of scientology being a pimple on the arse of the universe anyway, which is to overstate the case. It's name flashes around a bit, associated with dozens of good reasons to ignore it, avoid it, or get rid of it.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Back in day - early 70's - my then wife ( now X ) used to say one needed to do all the scientology they wanted to while Ron was alive because after he was gone the whole thing would come tumbling down pretty quickly.

Well, she was right... it is coming apart...just not nearly as quickly as some would like.

Rigged to implode?

uniquemand

Unbeliever
I think it'll be around indefinitely, similar to the way that Crowley's Magick is still around, or Gurdjieff's system. The dissolution of the Church will not cause Scientologists to cease being Scientologists. What it means to be a Scientologist will probably change, and that for the better.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
"I think it'll be around indefinitely, similar to the way that Crowley's Magick is still around, or Gurdjieff's system. The dissolution of the Church will not cause Scientologists to cease being Scientologists. What it means to be a Scientologist will probably change, and that for the better. "

Could be. Perhaps die hard nazis still exist...but they haven't been able to impinge much of late.

Some things get related to the trash heap of history. In a few generations will scn be anything but an obscure footnote buried somewhere?

uniquemand

Unbeliever
We'll see. I do think it will always be obscure. I don't think it will be buried. I think people will do scientology in forms as shown on ClearBird for generations to come, because it can be a system of enlightenment.

Mystic

Crusader
We'll see. I do think it will always be obscure. I don't think it will be buried. I think people will do scientology in forms as shown on ClearBird for generations to come, because it can be a system of enlightenment.

It (scientology) is NOT a system of enlightenment, not even near enlightenment. The purpose of tulpa Hubbard was exactly the opposite of enlightenment. Of course "enlightenment" is just a term for "coming to know something" until one actually experiences enlightenment. The term means exactly what it says: en: an intensifier; light: light, real light, spiritual light, a soul-level experience; en: intense; ment: state or condition of. So we've got enlightenment = state or condition of intense light.

And man o man, is it ever intense.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
It (scientology) is NOT a system of enlightenment, not even near enlightenment. The purpose of tulpa Hubbard was exactly the opposite of enlightenment. Of course "enlightenment" is just a term for "coming to know something" until one actually experiences enlightenment. The term means exactly what it says: en: an intensifier; light: light, real light, spiritual light, a soul-level experience; en: intense; ment: state or condition of. So we've got enlightenment = state or condition of intense light.

And man o man, is it ever intense.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Well, perhaps it wasn't for you. It was for me. And when I ran into a bunch of bullshit that wasn't enlightening, I left.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
It is dying. The corpse will rot and decay of it's own accord.
The exes will let it rot.
The FZers for the most part seem to be old coots who are quaintly old fashioned and some are out and out loony. They blend scientology with their looniness anyway, which dilutes the koolaid. Not enough cohesion or vitality. All of this is within a context of scientology being a pimple on the arse of the universe anyway, which is to overstate the case. It's name flashes around a bit, associated with dozens of good reasons to ignore it, avoid it, or get rid of it.

Scn itself is a mix of different things. Ideas persist or go away on their own merits or lack thereof.

I just got back from the FZ conference last month. I didn't see one loony in the bunch. A couple eccentrics but no one who was any weirder than any of the FZ's detractors whom I've come across. Just sayin'. :whistling:

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron
Multi-Clam

The cult of clam has many faces... the core rot of junk pseudo-religion, pseudo technology and unethical administration practices. To try and wash all of it away would be impossible, scientology has too many heads (7, with ten horns?).

The Indies and FZ'ners and M&M's bunch and the spin offs and "squirrels", et al, will all eventually pick and choose what to discard and what to keep and what to try and salvage.

Hubbard was a very clever liar and con artist. He intertwined his "technology" with his administration policies and dusted it all off with a sprinkle of religion. The clam cult is a heavily interlaced and interdependent mass of verbiage used primarily to program, then indoctrinate and then enslave people. Good luck to anyone trying to find the "good" parts, if any even exist as a stand-alone concept.

I prefer to flush it all and let it rot in a cesspool of oblivion, where it belongs.

shadow

Patron with Honors
What does not adapt and develop survival skills for current conditions ultimately dies off.

I think the remnants that people find useful will survive in some form (as they did before being put under the moniker of "Scn"). I hope the entity that by definition cannot change or evolve as knowledge and understanding are increased, and which has and is demonstrating faulty and malicious attempts of controlling their environment without understanding that environment will fade to nothing with time. The lessons learned must be retained to help others when similar traps are set....

Boy does that sound weird, now that I read it again...oh well, do not know how to fix it at the moment.

Scn itself is a mix of different things. Ideas persist or go away on their own merits or lack thereof.

I just got back from the FZ conference last month. I didn't see one loony in the bunch. A couple eccentrics but no one who was any weirder than any of the FZ's detractors whom I've come across. Just sayin'. :whistling:

OK let's say "eccentrics". I only have the internet to go on, plus a few I met years ago...some were definitely "eccentric", but there were some in the org like that too (not all). One of them was stretching kindness if she expected to get away with "eccentric" for too long....however, she was not worried, she was too involved with space opera as she ran her FZ group. I'll tell you this fluff.... never a dull moment with her. Then there are some I've "seen" on the internet and they too seem to be pushing kindness too far if they expect that "eccentric" is the worst thing people will think when they hear the wild ramblings. There are one or two here who, for me, anyway, fit the "e" word perfectly.

That's just what's real for me in my universe, so you may be able to occupy my own space and duplicate it or you may not. I hope you do because that would increase the reality and the understanding which means that knowlege and truth will have been progressed toward. If you don't, then you may be suppressing things and choosing to blah blah blah etc that I learned from Dex's video speech at the conference. None of this means that I think Dex is eccentric or loony. I am glad you didn't see any loonies there. Well, actually I'm not glad. I doesn't really matter to me.
Where am I now? The "loony" word. Yes, although I like the "eccentric" word, the "loony" word does fit too sometimes. But I haven't seen FZ detractors do anymore than detract, and there's nothing loony in that. You are an intelligent women, I am sure you agree, so you can see that what I am saying can be true.