What's new

Ex-Scio Tom DeVocht: SCIENTOLOGY STOP BULLYING MY FAMILY

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Tom DeVocht - Stop your bullying Scientology and leave my family and my friends alone

Tom DeVocht says - Stop your bullying Scientology and leave my family and my friends alone!

The following post is public on Facebook. Indeed, it can be accessed by someone who is not logged into Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/tom.devocht.3/posts/10205378431194705

* * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

Tom DeVocht
4 hrs · Edited ·

Scientology: Stop Bullying Families

No, Scientology doesn't monitor Facebook. Never. Twice in the past week two very recently added "friends" contacted me afterwards to let me know they have "been told" to remove me as a friend or they'd be in trouble or forced to disconnect from family members. Oh no, you guys don't have a "disconnection policy"!

No Scientology doesn't hire private investigators to track and try to intimidate their critics, no never. I guess the guy parking in my neighborhood and following me around for the past three weeks is just a "fan".

No, Scientology doesn't try to hurt anyone or disrupt their lives. No, I guess the numerous "no caller ID" calls placed to my Landlord last week in which they attempted to get me evicted because of my "character" was just some guy playing a joke and a mere coincidence, too.

At first I was not going to post this… because I feel bad that my sister Nancy (who disconnected from me when I left the church) and who is still an active "Sea Org Member" will now be forced to disconnect from her own daughter, my niece. My niece is one of the two people who reached out to me last week after more than 10 years of being disconnected. I hardly got to know her. I told her to delete me from her Facebook soon as we exchanged numbers - I knew they were watching. Within 24 hours of friending me she got a call from her mother. Upset, my niece texted me the following:

"Mom called and an MAA [this is Scientology's name for a handler] told her that I had you on my Facebook so I had to lie to her…. She told me to go a site [Freedom Magazine] because it will tell me what you did and why you are attacking the church. I know you told me but I still need to understand more. I do not like to lie especially to my mom but you're my family. This isn't easy for me. Thanks."

We talked and she explained she knew what she was reading was false. To put it in perspective I asked her that if her boss at the sushi restaurant she works at told her tomorrow to stop talking to her mom because her mom doesn't like sushi - what would her reaction be? She agreed it would be to tell him to shove the sushi up his nose.

The church already kicked my niece out of the church at a very young age but apparently maintain tight control over her. The story of why and how she was kicked out is unbelievable and criminal beyond imagination and is yet to be told.

So while I hope Nancy, my sister, doesn't get forced to disconnect with her own daughter now too - she's already been forced to disconnect from me, her own brother - I think maybe its time for her to take some responsibility. Nancy, please wake up. Marina please be strong. Sorry to get either one of you in "trouble" but holy cow - really?

My brother Dirk, never really a Scientologist really moved to Clearwater when I ran the church operations there. He is a handyman and got a lot of work from local Scientologist. He too has basically disconnected from me. Repeatedly OSA (the church's strong arm) have made Scientologists stop using my brother. Why? To destroy his livelihood unless he agreed to report on me or disconnect from me. With four children to support he started losing work. Really Scientology?

Scientology - shove it up your nose! Every single day you give me new reason to speak out with more truth to expose your crimes and believe me its actually about the last thing in the world I want to bother with, but….

Just know this David Miscavige - I've got some old friends I can call on too. Some you REALLY DON'T want me to be in contact with. The true stories I can tell them will rock their worlds and your's too. You've got a lot of damage control going on - might as well add this one to the list and get on it quick!

To my friends - never doubt they're listening and watching - they are. Do yourself and everyone a favor, in each instance, report it publicly and to the police when applicable.

Stop your bullying Scientology and leave my family and my friends alone!

* * * * * END QUOTATION * * * * *

attachment.php

attachment.php

EDITED TO ADD:

Tom DeVocht has Tweeted his story:
https://twitter.com/TomDeVo/status/576973195451854849

Tom has also posted his story on Google + :
https://plus.google.com/106852235912574082693/posts

Attachments

• DeVocht-001.PNG
    DeVocht-001.PNG
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,119
  • DeVocht-002.PNG
    DeVocht-002.PNG
    16.1 KB · Views: 1,121
Last edited:

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Ex-Scio Tom DeVocht, who appeared in 'Going Clear' (ex-husband of the notorious Jenny Linson DeVocht) has started a stop bullying campaign after a recent incident involving his non-Scio niece being harassed by OSA to disconnect from her uncle. His niece's mother is Sea Orger Barbara DeVocht.

11054351_10205378521516963_8063718392808346248_n.jpg

Tom posted on Facebook..

Scientology: Stop Bullying Families

No, Scientology doesn't monitor Facebook. Never. Twice in the past week, two very recently added "friends" contacted me afterwards to let me know they have "been told" to remove me as a friend or they'd be in trouble or forced to disconnect from family members. Oh no, you guys don't have a "disconnection policy"!

No Scientology doesn't hire private investigators to track and try to intimidate their critics, no never. I guess the guy parking in my neighborhood and following me around for the past three weeks is just a "fan".

No, Scientology doesn't try to hurt anyone or disrupt their lives. No, I guess the numerous "no caller ID" calls placed to my Landlord last week in which they attempted to get me evicted because of my "character" was just some guy playing a joke and a mere coincidence, too.

At first I was not going to post this… because I feel bad that my sister Nancy (who disconnected from me when I left the church) and who is still an active "Sea Org Member" will now be forced to disconnect from her own daughter, my niece. My niece is one of the two people who reached out to me last week after more than 10 years of being disconnected. I hardly got to know her. I told her to delete me from her Facebook soon as we exchanged numbers - I knew they were watching. Within 24 hours of friending me she got a call from her mother. Upset, my niece texted me the following:

"Mom called and an MAA [this is Scientology's name for a handler] told her that I had you on my Facebook so I had to lie to her…. She told me to go a site [Freedom Magazine] because it will tell me what you did and why you are attacking the church. I know you told me but I still need to understand more. I do not like to lie especially to my mom but you're my family. This isn't easy for me. Thanks."

We talked and she explained she knew what she was reading was false. To put it in perspective I asked her that if her boss at the sushi restaurant she works at told her tomorrow to stop talking to her mom because her mom doesn't like sushi - what would her reaction be? She agreed it would be to tell him to shove the sushi up his nose.

The church already kicked my niece out of the church at a very young age but apparently maintain tight control over her. The story of why and how she was kicked out is unbelievable and criminal beyond imagination and is yet to be told.

So while I hope Nancy, my sister, doesn't get forced to disconnect with her own daughter now too - she's already been forced to disconnect from me, her own brother - I think maybe its time for her to take some responsibility. Nancy, please wake up. Marina please be strong. Sorry to get either one of you in "trouble" but holy cow - really?

My brother Dirk, never really a Scientologist really moved to Clearwater when I ran the church operations there. He is a handyman and got a lot of work from local Scientologist. He too has basically disconnected from me. Repeatedly OSA (the church's strong arm) have made Scientologists stop using my brother. Why? To destroy his livelihood unless he agreed to report on me or disconnect from me. With four children to support he started losing work. Really Scientology?

Scientology - shove it up your nose! Every single day you give me new reason to speak out with more truth to expose your crimes and believe me its actually about the last thing in the world I want to bother with, but….

Just know this David Miscavige - I've got some old friends I can call on too. Some you REALLY DON'T want me to be in contact with. The true stories I can tell them will rock their worlds and your's too. You've got a lot of damage control going on - might as well add this one to the list and get on it quick!

To my friends - never doubt they're listening and watching - they are. Do yourself and everyone a favor, in each instance, report it publicly and to the police when applicable.

Stop your bullying Scientology and leave my family and my friends alone!

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Re: Tom DeVocht - Stop your bullying Scientology and leave my family and my friends a

Thanks again CommunicatorIC ... I'm not on FB but the post and the comments are readable and they are well worth reading.

One lady has lost her family because she "liked" a dog photo.

:omg:

Incredible.

There are some very familiar names making comments (not all ex cult either).

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Tom DeVocht - Stop your bullying Scientology and leave my family and my friends a

Tom joined the Sea Organization at 12 years old. As a young kid he was my folder page (meaning he ran around doing admin cycles for me) as I sat in the "Ivory Tower" at the Flag Land Base.

He went up to Grade IV in Sea Org *Bridge*, no schooling in the Sea Org, but that did not stop him becoming the Commanding Officer of Commodore's Messenger org (CMO) at the Flag Land Base. Senior even to Debbie Cook, he had just about the senior most post to rise to.
TomDeVochtAMY.jpg

In 1986 he went on mission with Janet Light (Mclaughlin) as the
Ensurance"Missionaire" " to sent up the IAS" "ensurance missionaire" = one who ensures the Mission gets done !
Tom was back and forth at INT base for years and years starting in 1983 where Special Project Ops (Miscavige's previous title) invited him to a football game in San Diego to see the Chargers in action.

By 2002 Tom was a favored DM pet even sharing a whole bottle of Scotch with him nightly while playing backgammon for a couple of months

That was before the beatings.
First the love fest. Then the venom
One day in Building 50 David Miscavige lunged at Tom, tackled him to the floor and then kept kicking him after he was down
One day at Cine Castle, he grabbed Tom's head and shoved it into the wall, battering Tom's head against the wall repeatedly. Then walked away without saying a word.
In the City of New York where Tom was assigned to do renovations, Miscavige asked Tom to give him a tour.
In the pc waiting area Miscagive asked Tom a question and Tom hesitated in response upon which time Miscavige flipped and repeatedly punched him in the face and then repeatedly punched him the chest.
In Building 36 summoned to see Miscagive, asked a question, couldn't answer Miscagives lunges forward and repeatedly pummels Tom in front of all the CMO execs and RTC execs. Done out in the open.
There are no pay phones on the base.
There is no one to report assault and battery to.
With the overwhelm of the physical violence one does necessarily have the awareness that a felony is being committed.

The "pretty" buildings on Campus where David Miscavige, the "pope" of Scientology slugged Tom Devocht in an effort to humilate and degrade him, often in front of others.

Tom was the husband of Jenny De Vocht. Jenny Linset the certifiably insane lunatic with bulging eyes that descended on an ambush on Mike Rinder some 4 years and more recently at Marty Rathbun at LAX.
Here's Jenny De Vocht aggressively defending the "Pope" of scientology with the claim she knew every square inch of Tom's body ! " It never happened "she told Anderson Cooper.

Tom DeVocht did a good job on Anderson Cooper's "The Church of Scientology, a History of Violence"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCBzmcozsmI

And so the detailed stories of the beatings went. I logged them all as Tom told me about them.

28 years of insanity was enough.
In the year 2005 during and after weeks of sec checking, Tom told Security he was leaving the following Sunday at 3:30pm "I'm done" he said, "I'm out of here." No one took him seriously. Tom goes to the massive iron gates and starts hollering at security to buzz the gates open as he is leaving. He raises his voice louder and louder, by now screaming. No response. Tom throws his satchel (all his belongings) over the gate, and then being in good shape, hurls his body over the gate. While he is airborne with his body on top of the gate, the gate is now buzzed open, Tom gets his leg tangled (only minorly) and descends the other side to freedom. He is handed $300 severance pay for 28 years of Sea Org slavery. He is the only person I know that successfully hurled his body over those massive moving gates and escaped to freedom by walking out without even a vehicle.

On departure he is *Ordered* to have no connection with his brother who is "in good standing" and another relative in "good standing." Enforced Disconnection.

~~~~To be continued.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Thanks for posting this so it also gets indexed on the internet. It's important for everyone to have a chance to read.

I'm sorry all this is going on for him. What it means is that he is a threat to them. They are scared of him. His part in the documentary must be very effective. Can't wait to see the film.

That's quite a brave and caring niece he has. I hope all works out him and his family.

Update: I just noticed what Karen#1 posted before me!

Thank you, Karen. I had no idea about the extent of the abuses he suffered although I knew he endured some. It's no wonder the cult is trying to Fair Game him for speaking up, especially in the documentary!

Hats off to Tom for speaking up!

Last edited:

JustSheila

Crusader

Thank you, Karen.

:angry: :angry: :angry: It makes me so angry the way Tom was treated! What abuse!

I don't know what to say. The story is shocking and heartbreaking. This cult needs to be SHUT DOWN NOW! Americans are subsidising this out of their tax dollars? :wtf:!

How twisted has the concept of religion become?

How twisted has the American concept of freedom and human rights become?

I am so sorry this happened to Tom and I am glad he stood up for himself on Facebook.

:biglove: :bighug: for you, Tom. Love and support, always. One day soon I hope your brother leaves and your family will be rejoined and free.

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron

Tom Devocht ~ Part 2
Tom was formerly WDC FSO, a very very high post (Watchdog Committee over Debbie Cook and the Flag Service Org), he was personally selected by Shelly Miscavige to work for RTC to work for RTC building projects and he had a line to David Miscavige for years.
He was high value, his knowledge of what went on was enormous.
Marty Rathbun actually fled INT Base because of a beating he saw Miscavige give Tom which he eye witnessed. The "leader" of Scientology Inc. continued to kick Tom deVocht when Tom was on the floor.
Tom Devocht was beaten/punched/ slammed against hard surfaces, kicked, pummeled, assaulted by Miscavige multiple times.
This triggered Marty and he did indeed get on his motorbike and leave.
The year was 2005.
As the hell known as "INT Base" became more and more a place of violence, sadism and torture, so did the real estate become more and more luxurious and aesthetically pleasing. So the Real Estate went increasingly IDEAL - while the human suffering became increasingly intolerable.
DSC_0237_edited-s.jpg

Tom was formerly WDC FSO, a very very high post (Watchdog Committee over Debbie Cook and the Flag Service Org), he was personally selected by Shelly Miscavige to work for RTC to work for RTC building projects and he had a line to David Miscagive for years.
He was high value, his knowledge of what went on was enormous.
Marty Rathbun actually fled INT Base because of a beating he saw Miscavige give Tom which he eye witnessed. The "leader" of Scientology Inc. continued to kick Tom deVocht when Tom was on the floor.
Tom Devocht was beaten/punched/ slammed against hard surfaces, kicked, pummeled, assaulted by Miscavige multiple times.
This triggered Marty and he did indeed get on his motorbike and leave.
The year was 2004.

"Why Why Why did you put up with Miscavige for that long ? " I asked Tom Devocht ? "Could you not have slugged the punk?" I asked.

"Karen, I was in charge of putting buildings there, you can't hide production when a structure has to be renovated, created and put there. By having a line with DM I could get the finance necessary, the personnel necessary and without that direct line to him ~~ it was all but impossible through the bureaucracy, I dare not upset the direct line to DM, it would have been death."

Tom was in charge and get the renovations done. To be posted as Commanding officer of the CMO in Clearwater the amount of production, dedication and results has to be enormous.
After the complete renovations was done, Miscavige would change his mind and want it all re-done from scratch. Of course this would now go over -budget.

One of the main accusations Miscavige hurled at Tom DeVocht was that he was "overspending and "wasting Org funds."

The source of the design, planning and labor being done over and over again and re-done was Miscavige. He kept changing and compulsively demanding a complete re-design from head to toe of what he previously approved of.

There is a brutal brutal film called "Full Metal Jacket". The vulgarity, violence and punching in the chest is a replica of Miscavige in action and especially the language. It was an all time favorite movie of Miscavige. See a clip ~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUc62jD-G0o

While Tom DeVocht was under the gun for overspending he was told something Miscavige had said the night before.

There is a scene in the movie where the soldiers put bars of soap into a pillow case and beat the living crap out of another because hurling a pillow case with a bar of soap inside can be a weapon.

Miscavige tells another Sea org member Tom DeVocht needs a beating like this (from the movie)

Tom is starting to realize he cannot live like this. He has no resume, no references, no nothing. He has been in the Cult since he was 12 years old. He did have a pretty wife, Jenny deVocht (Jenny Linsen)

One day Shelly Miscavige comes storming down the Campus and into Tom DeVocht's face "You get your bitch away from my husband ~ she's trying to seduce him !" Shelly screams. 2 days later Tom is summoned to building 50. Shelly is on fire "Get that bitch away from my husband she's hanging her tits in his face....." A few days later Shelly vanished and to this day she is gone from INT Base.

Because Tom was a personal friend of DM for a stretch of time, they would go to ball games together, hang out in the evenings over scotch, Miscavige felt he could let his hair down with Tom. One day walking across rhe grassy leafy area near Del Sol, Miscavige said to Tom "You see that Mary walking by there ?" ( Mary was a Sea Org Member who walked by 20 yards away) "She fantasizes my cock up her ass my sticking her finger up her rear end !" sneered Miscavige.

It was surreal. There was nothing to say. Miscavige wanted utter and total respect while he mouthed sexual profanities ripping his own staff to shreds and silently it was accepted quietly by one and all. It was total power as in the head of a Mafia family.
DMcriminal.jpg

~~To be continued

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron

Thank you, Karen.

:angry: :angry: :angry: It makes me so angry the way Tom was treated! What abuse!

I don't know what to say. The story is shocking and heartbreaking. This cult needs to be SHUT DOWN NOW! Americans are subsidising this out of their tax dollars? :wtf:!

How twisted has the concept of religion become?

How twisted has the American concept of freedom and human rights become?

I am so sorry this happened to Tom and I am glad he stood up for himself on Facebook.

:biglove: :bighug: for you, Tom. Love and support, always. One day soon I hope your brother leaves and your family will be rejoined and free.

Scientology has masterfully abused and manipulated the legal system in much the same way as the vile Westboro Baptist Church has.

The dangerous beliefs of Scientology would be constitutionally protected even if the IRS had not blundered and given them tax exempt status. Freedom of speech is meant, above all, to protect unpopular speech.

Scientology, like the KKK, the American Nazi Party, the Nation of Islam , and the aforementioned Westboro Baptist Church have the right to espouse their ideas, just as Arnie Lerma has the right to espouse his.

Scientology has made it a practice, however, of frequently crossing the line of speech into behavior that is criminal. This is the area where the courts, elected officials, and the broader society, which includes all of us, has fallen short up until now. Scientology should have long ago been recognized as a criminal entity by virtue of their illegal actions, not their speech.

Wiretaps, blackmail, break-ins, beatings, espionage, unlawful imprisonment, along with corruption of public officials, and obstruction of justice are all crimes.

Miscavige is no fool. He focused on the ants, because he knows he could be charged with unlawful imprisonment, which he should have been.

Hubbard committed multiple felonies with regard to Sara Northrop, for which the statute of limitations has long expired, along with his carcass.

An Un-corrupted and untainted criminal justice approach is urgently needed, along with celebrities who will speak up. Where is today's Eliot Ness? Scientology needs to be taken down just like Al Capone was.
(End of rant)

Last edited:

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
https://www.facebook.com/tom.devoch...=10205379330937198&offset=0&total_comments=57

* * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

Katrina Reyes Tom, thank you for speaking up!!! They just made my whole family ( mother, step father, grandfather) who are all in the SO, to disconnect from me. The reason cause I liked and commented on you dog photo!

For people who believe that Scientology doesn't split up family, THEY DO!!!

I "followed there rulers" because I was threatened to be declared. At the end I was declared OVER A DOG PHOTO!!! That is how crazy this organization is!!!

* * * * * END QUOTATION * * * * *

attachment.php

Attachments

• Reyes.PNG
    Reyes.PNG
    8.7 KB · Views: 280

JustSheila

Crusader

Scientology has masterfully abused and manipulated the legal system in much the same way as the vile Westboro Baptist Church has.

The dangerous beliefs of Scientology would be constitutionally protected even if the IRS had not blundered and given them tax exempt status. Freedom of speech is meant, above all, to protect unpopular speech.

Scientology, like the KKK, the American Nazi Party, the Nation of Islam , and the aforementioned Westboro Baptist Church have the right to espouse their ideas, just as Arnie Lerma has the right to espouse his.

Scientology has made it a practice, however, of frequently crossing the line of speech into behavior that is criminal. This is the area where the courts, elected officials, and the broader society, which includes all of us, has fallen short up until now. Scientology should have long ago been recognized as a criminal entity by virtue of their illegal actions, not their speech.

Wiretaps, blackmail, break-ins, beatings, espionage, unlawful imprisonment, along with corruption of public officials, and obstruction of justice are all crimes.

Miscavige is no fool. He focused on the ants, because he knows he could be charged with unlawful imprisonment, which he should have been.

Hubbard committed multiple felonies with regard to Sara Northrop, for which the statute of limitations has long expired, along with his carcass.

An Un-corrupted and untainted criminal justice approach is urgently needed, along with celebrities who will speak up. Where is today's Eliot Ness? Scientology needs to be taken down just like Al Capone was.
(End of rant)

Churchill, I think it's time we really got serious about taking on the legal aspects of this. Meaning -- it's time for us to use some hard-hitting US constitutional attorneys.

The First Amendment guarantees INDIVIDUAL rights. It does not guarantee church rights, corporate rights, non-profit rights or any other group rights.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/first_amendment

The idea that a church can limit someone's speech regarding their former religion and their experiences there by the signing of documents is ludicrous. IMHO, to speak out against a church's religious beliefs or practices is the legitimate exercising of First Amendment rights.

The Garcia case - that a judge can formally insist that a former member of a cult must use arbitration procedures written within that cult's belief system, which the Garcias have long since left, and its facade framework is shocking. This violates the Garcias First Amendment rights - not just to practice their beliefs, but to fully renounce their beliefs.

Tom DeVocht and other Scientologists have repeatedly and systematically had their First Amendment and other rights stomped. A CHURCH does not have the right to enforce its beliefs on anyone. The use of physical coercion, punishment, threats, internal jails (RPF), etc., are all a violation of constitutional rights. Individuals are punished for exercising free speech or their rights to life, liberty and happiness are taken from them in the form or disconnection, harassment, intimidation and outright abuse. A CHURCH or CULT does not have individual rights, IMHO, and this is a perversion of the words of the Constitution.

It makes me sick to see laws twisted and abused this way. :puke2:

Cornell University sees this conflict of individual and group (church or cult) rights written within the First Amendment and describes it as follows:

The Free Exercise Clause reserves the right of American citizens to accept any religious belief and engage in religious rituals. The wording in the free-exercise clauses of state constitutions that religious “[o]pinion, expression of opinion, and practice were all expressly protected” by the Free Exercise Clause.[1] The clause protects not just religious beliefs but actions made on behalf of those beliefs. More importantly, the wording of state constitutions suggest that “free exercise envisions religiously compelled exemptions from at least some generally applicable laws.”[2] The Free Exercise Clause not only protects religious belief and expression; it also seems to allow for violation of laws, as long as that violation is made for religious reasons. In the terms of economc theory, the Free Exercise Clause promotes a free religious market by precluding taxation of religious activities by minority sects.[3]

Constitutional scholars and even Supreme Court opinions have contended that the two religion clauses are in conflict. E.g., Thomas v. Review Board, 450 U.S. 707 (1981). As mentioned previously, the Free Exercise Clause implies special accommodation of religious ideas and actions, even to the point of exemptions to generally applicable laws. Such a special benefit seems to violate the neutrality between “religion and non-religion” mandated by the Establishment Clause. McConnell explains:

If there is a constitutional requirement for accommodation of religious conduct, it will most likely be found in the Free Exercise Clause. Some say, though, that it is a violation of the Establishment Clause for the government to give any special benefit or recognition of religion. In that case, we have a First Amendment in conflict with itself—the Establishment Clause forbidding what the Free Exercise Clause requires.[4]​

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
I'd just like to add that I know people who worked under Tom at FLAG. You get a variety of stories from exes about what people were like while they were "in" but without exception I have heard nothing but great things about Tom and the lengths he went to help and protect the CMO kids under his command while at FLAG. (Hell, they even said Jenny was a sunny, sweet human being back then. My how things change)

I know most exes have a real hate for the CMO hitler youth, but keep in mind CMO recruits were like Tom - they were taken when they were children (10, 11, 12 years old) and programmed to be that way. While they may have face ripped adults 20 years their senior, the punishments they faced if they didn't do as they were told (or didn't get their product) was far worse. Tom knew this and tried his best to protect the kids of the CMO and give it a family like atmosphere - since all these were kids plucked from their homes and families and suddenly expected to be emotionless SO members. Tom probably well remembered how he felt at 12 being in the CMO - and he tried to make it better for the kids that came after him.

They say being at FLAG under Tom was a paradise they have fond memories of when compared to PAC Base. Apparently, Tom ensured Flag was half decent place to be for the kids under him but once they were taken away from Tom and FLAG and shipped to the West Coast - the real nightmare began. Only in hindsight did they appreciate truly how hard Tom worked to protect them and keep life half way livable. No such person existed in LA. I've read and heard numerous horror stories - one who's growth was stunted d/t constant sleep deprivation, months with nothing but rice and beans for breakfast, lunch and dinner, sec-checking that could go on for weeks or months from one slip up, pulling their own teeth and stitching up their own wounds due to no medical care, absolutely no relationships outside of the CMO - even family contact was verboten. The list goes on and on, the psychological torture always recalled as worse than the physical suffering.

The CMO is one of the most evil institutions in the cult. They only take kids because they need young minds near the end of their childhood, who have yet to experience any real life, because their mind's are like unformed clay that can be molded into what the cult wants. It's truly a horrific institution created by LRH himself. He knew adults could be harder to control or manipulate, kids were just custom made for his evil manipulations and moldings - they don't yet haven't yet matured to develop their own personality which is just what Hubbard wanted.

Back to Tom, the other interesting comments I heard was that Tom WAS DM's closest friend. When DM came to Flag, it was Tom he came to visit first. They said people were very jealous of the close connection Tom had to DM and thought of Tom as DM's best friend, which gave him even more clout than his high position in CMO.

If Tom ever really wanted to spill the beans, he knows DM more intimately than almost anyone else. He was considered the guy who knew DM best in the 1990's up until DM decided he wanted Tom's wife and Tom became collateral damage for DM's guilty conscience. Tom knows many, many things. DM best be careful, because Tom could take him down if pushed too hard.

Last edited:

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron

Churchill, I think it's time we really got serious about taking on the legal aspects of this. Meaning -- it's time for us to use some hard-hitting US constitutional attorneys.

The First Amendment guarantees INDIVIDUAL rights. It does not guarantee church rights, corporate rights, non-profit rights or any other group rights.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/first_amendment

The idea that a church can limit someone's speech regarding their former religion and their experiences there by the signing of documents is ludicrous. IMHO, to speak out against a church's religious beliefs or practices is the legitimate exercising of First Amendment rights.

The Garcia case - that a judge can formally insist that a former member of a cult must use arbitration procedures written within that cult's belief system, which the Garcias have long since left, and its facade framework is shocking. This violates the Garcias First Amendment rights - not just to practice their beliefs, but to fully renounce their beliefs.

Tom DeVocht and other Scientologists have repeatedly and systematically had their First Amendment and other rights stomped. A CHURCH does not have the right to enforce its beliefs on anyone. The use of physical coercion, punishment, threats, internal jails (RPF), etc., are all a violation of constitutional rights. Individuals are punished for exercising free speech or their rights to life, liberty and happiness are taken from them in the form or disconnection, harassment, intimidation and outright abuse. A CHURCH or CULT does not have individual rights, IMHO, and this is a perversion of the words of the Constitution.

It makes me sick to see laws twisted and abused this way. :puke2:

Cornell University sees this conflict of individual and group (church or cult) rights written within the First Amendment and describes it as follows:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/free_exercise_clause
[/INDENT]

As I understand it, the entire concept and practice of religious cloaking involved Scientology taking on the trappings of religion to convince the authorities that they indeed are a religion.

This is a "church" that has been designed and organized by lawyers, not theologians. There is a sheaf of legal disclaimers,releases and covenants that anyone foolish enough to want to enter the Scientology "religion" must sign.

Also, the Religious Freedom Reformation Act passed by Congress and signed into law, I believe gives them additional wiggle room.

Going Clear will dispel a lot of the false PR that a formerly cowed media accepted. It will help.

I have no doubt whatsoever that eventually the right cases, with the right merits will be adjudicated properly

and Scientology will lose big in the courts. IANAL. but I do understand the importance of finding and assessing the best test cases.

An example of this was the famous desegregation case involving Rosa Parks and the Montgomery Bus Co.

Scientology will die just as surely as de jure segregation did.

Sooner, rather than later, I pray.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Tom posted on Facebook that an acquaintance in the cult was declared after the posted a "like" of this photo on Facebook.

CALPXx0VAAA1wyf.jpg

Davey & Karin Pouw.. what a pair. :biggrin:

CALIRIvUIAEg3GP.jpg

JustSheila

Crusader
Hi Churchill,

There is no doubt in my mind that "Going Clear" and all the actions Anonymous and others have taken are having a major impact on public perception and that this, in turn, will have an affect on court cases.

My point is about this abuse being allowed at all. I am a born and raised American. This is not the American way. It's not the standard, the moral code or acceptable. It's just not.

It is difficult for Americans as a whole to admit that there is an error in the Constitution, but there is. There is a discrepancy built into the First Amendment due to poor wording. A bit of historical study shows that this was due to a lot of compromise - it was not Jefferson's intention. Still, it is an error and it needs clarification.

The bottom line is - a church should not, does not have the right to set aside individual rights and laws for the sake of its practices. No rules of any church are senior to the laws of the land and government under which it operates, particularly those that guarantee human rights. The moment a person feels violated, he is no longer following his beliefs and the church or organisation has no right to enforce its rules on him, whether by intimidation, physical force or any other means. Any instance of a person feeling violated and experiencing what he feels are violations of his rights by a church is a violation of his First Amendment and other rights.

Disconnection is a great example. Despite the cult's claims to the contrary, the Catholic Church does not exercise this. It merely prohibits a person from receiving sacraments - not from speaking to other members, and it certainly does not harass a person outside the church itself. If a person leaves a belief system, he is not bound to that belief system in any way, whatsoever, nor may that belief system attempt to punish or ostracise him when he is no longer a member by using his family and friends as tools against him to punish him for no longer believing. That's a violation of the First Amendment. Don't you agree? To use coercion in any form to force a person to stay with a belief system is not freedom.

All I'm saying is, maybe we need to start taking a serious look at correcting the errors that brought this about and that allow this sort of abuse to continue.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Hi Churchill,

<snip>

It is difficult for Americans as a whole to admit that there is an error in the Constitution, but there is. There is a discrepancy built into the First Amendment due to poor wording. A bit of historical study shows that this was due to a lot of compromise - it was not Jefferson's intention. Still, it is an error and it needs clarification.

The bottom line is - a church should not, does not have the right to set aside individual rights and laws for the sake of its practices. No rules of any church are senior to the laws of the land and government under which it operates, particularly those that guarantee human rights. The moment a person feels violated, he is no longer following his beliefs and the church or organisation has no right to enforce its rules on him, whether by intimidation, physical force or any other means. Any instance of a person feeling violated and experiencing what he feels are violations of his rights by a church is a violation of his First Amendment and other rights.

<snip>

Yes, there are some basics that cannot be signed away. What are they?
There ARE some basics that CAN be signed away, like NDAs in business.

For example, I have a consitutional right to free speech.
Does this right mean that I can violate a NDA and publish company proprietary secrets? No.

I guess it has to be spelled out on what is enforceable or not, even though a person wants to fight what they agreed to earlier.