What's new

EX SCN'S ABILITIES & SUCCESS IN LIFE

Boldgirl

Patron Meritorious
I wanted to start this thread because of what abilities I observed in people that were staff, S.O. in the Cult.

As an Ex scn, these former staffers are very powerful beings with awesome ability, discipline, perseverance, persistence, positive attitudes. As an Ex, when you take those abilities and put them to work in the real world to help people or to just be successful in other ways, you just cannot fail!

To me these people have more ability to succeed in the real world than most people I have met in my life.

This thread's purpose I guess is for for people to write down what they admire most in the Ex's (or themselves) in terms of ability etc that they don't see very commonly in this world. Also, to take whatever positives we all can from being an ex cult member and play with possibilities of what can be in the future for those still struggling with creating that future.

Obviously & understandably, many newly out SO's or long term staff members or public have moments and sometimes days and weeks of feeling depressed, uncertain , paranoid, or whatever (take your pick). So let's maybe take the positives of our known abilities and create a kick-ass future....because from where I stand--the ex's are certainly still amongst the most able in this world....

Lastly, and this is that self deprecation part for me....should this thread lead a short and untimely death...it doesn't hurt my feelings. At least my other threads will have company in EXMB thunderdome.....! :coolwink:

Escalus

Patron Meritorious
As near as I can tell you are asking me to explain how awesome I am...? Well, let me tell you... PRETTY MUCH awesome! :old:

Good twin

Floater
Er.. I'm still not fit to hold down a job and am in the wrong country.. er.. I guess I still have a very long ways to go.. :eyeroll:

But Goddess, holding a job in the real world is but one thing to admire. You have so very many admirable qualities. I dare say too numerous to list here, but for starters:

1. Your extreme Pixieness
2. Your amazing Goddessness
3. Your steadfastness and domination.
4. Your humility and benevolence.

I hope you get the point. I will return to grovel more after I complete my household chores.
:yes:

Escalus

Patron Meritorious
OK, actually I'm in business development. I take small companies and make them bigger and more profitable, but I'm not a consultant. I was hired by the guy I work for to grow his biz. Have a big meeting with a company called 84Lumber this Tuesday and if I can "hit" - this building bust in the US will be a little easier to take.

Div6

Crusader
A somewhat decently trained ex-scio has some knowledge and skillz that are a cut above what is out there, from what I have seen. (I on occasion interview and hire in computer tech related fields.)

Have a comm cycle? Thats a step up.
Have a sense of personal integrity?
Are you able to observe, without the via of a ser fac? (this is a huge plus)
Don't Q and A, can complete cycles of action? (If you have this and are a developer, I want to talk to you...)

While the above do not guarantee success, they will go a pretty fur piece of the way....

Escalus

Patron Meritorious
Have a sense of personal integrity?

Can we agree, however, that this may be non-coincidental to a person having been a staff member? I recall a lot of "saying it was so" but we could get pret-ty sneaky.

Pixie

Crusader
But Goddess, holding a job in the real world is but one thing to admire. You have so very many admirable qualities. I dare say too numerous to list here, but for starters:

1. Your extreme Pixieness
2. Your amazing Goddessness
3. Your steadfastness and domination.
4. Your humility and benevolence.

I hope you get the point. I will return to grovel more after I complete my household chores.
:yes:

Aw Good twin, well I guess I've just not yet found my passion you know, I'm kind of still in a bit of apathy when it comes to 'success', I still feel 'burned out' you know, have little energy even now for 'effort'. I know I'm still kind of negative about that whole area, I just can't take the invalidation that comes with working in the real world anymore, I just can't take it and get introverted for weeks on end. I'm working on it though. I just need to find something I really love doing and do it and stick to it and .. well try to make some dosh. :yes:

Escalus

Patron Meritorious
Aw Good twin, well I guess I've just not yet found my passion you know, I'm kind of still in a bit of apathy when it comes to 'success', I still feel 'burned out' you know, have little energy even now for 'effort'. I know I'm still kind of negative about that whole area, I just can't take the invalidation that comes with working in the real world anymore, I just can't take it and get introverted for weeks on end. I'm working on it though. I just need to find something I really love doing and do it and stick to it and .. well try to make some dosh. :yes:

Every time I've been "between jobs" I write, drink, garden, cook, drink, read, drink and drink!

Div6

Crusader
Can we agree, however, that this may be non-coincidental to a person having been a staff member? I recall a lot of "saying it was so" but we could get pret-ty sneaky.

Why yes, yes we can.

I would even go so far as to say that those that are currently on staff under the DM Reign of (t)Error do not qualify on this point. That includes SO as well.....

Pixie

Crusader
Every time I've been "between jobs" I write, drink, garden, cook, drink, read, drink and drink!

Well Escalus that's pretty much what I've been doing for the last eight months, but writing and drinking and cooking etc do not put food in my little Pixie belly. :no:

Escalus

Patron Meritorious
Well Escalus that's pretty much what I've been doing for the last eight months, but writing and drinking and cooking etc do not put food in my little Pixie belly. :no:

Well if you ever have anything you think someone ought to look at re:writing let me know. Might get some groceries, you can never tell.

sandygirl

Silver Meritorious Patron
Pixie,

Never forget the #1 ablility gained from our years "in". The ablility to smell bullsh*t a mile away!!!

Believe me-after the big realization that people will threaten your "eternity" if you don't fork over ____(fill in $$$$, staff contract, book sales, next billion years etc.) there is not much that can happen out here that will surprise you.

Give yourself some breathing room and remember-you already earned that huge badge of merit-you stood up for yourself under tremendous pressure and years of mindf**k!!!!!

I don't know why a lot of exes are "different". Maybe we could just keep the things we learned that worked and we walked from the rest of the craziness.

Pixie

Crusader
Well if you ever have anything you think someone ought to look at re:writing let me know. Might get some groceries, you can never tell.

I've thought about it only, and some have suggested it, but I need to work a lot more on my confidence.. :hug: