What's new

Ex So- some insanities from my SO experience

sabrina

Patron
Keep talking, it's the only way

I guess it's my mission to educate people:gathering: . The only way I know how is by sharing my experiences. Everyone should post their experiences on as many websites as possible. There are so many stories, still untold to this day. I want everyone to feel they are an individual, the best way I know how is by sharing.:grouphug:

I guess all I'm trying to say is keep sharing, there are many people that still think Scientology is a joke or something. I've met soo many people who've never even heard of it. We gotta keep telling people, otherwise the abuse will continue.....::thewave:

fordi

Questions

I came across this post via Digg (7008 diggs, including my own). I've never been a Scientologist (though I did enjoy reading Mission Earth), but the recent blur of conversation around it has got me wondering.

As ex-Scientologists, I realize that the oppressive treatment was a terrible thing, but what can you tell me about the key lessons of the religion itself? Did many of you go on to become 'Free Zone'ers, or did the CoS leave a bad enough taste in your mouth for you to look for something different?

Overall, with all the talk of the bad, was there good?

Anyway, I' just curious. Feel free to ignore or flame. And good on you all for getting out from under the thumb of the RTC! :clap:

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
but what can you tell me about the key lessons of the religion itself?

I'm not an ex-scientologist, but, the 'key lesson' of the religion is that nothing is real, that you are not real, that things you consider essential pieces of you are not you; that there is a transtemporal conspiracy to convince you that you are who you used to think you were before Scientology convinced you that you were *not* that 'you'.

The final (OT VIII) 'cognition' is that 'I now realize who I am not, and want to find out who I am'

The 'you' who you are not is the person who walked into the 'org' with your memories and experiences and even sometimes contradictory impulses and desires and goals.

By the time you're OT VIII, you've stripped them away and left only the new 'I Am "Fill In The Blank"' of L. Ron Hubbard.

What would Ron do?

He would discover that He was Ron.
Such is Scientology.

Zinj

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Hey Fordi,

Welcome to ESMB. I would suggest you ask your questions on another thread, and we leave this one for Sabrina.

This isn't a brush-off. People will be happy to talk to you. :)

Paul

petraph33

Patron with Honors
check this out

I came across this post via Digg (7008 diggs, including my own). I've never been a Scientologist (though I did enjoy reading Mission Earth), but the recent blur of conversation around it has got me wondering.

As ex-Scientologists, I realize that the oppressive treatment was a terrible thing, but what can you tell me about the key lessons of the religion itself? Did many of you go on to become 'Free Zone'ers, or did the CoS leave a bad enough taste in your mouth for you to look for something different?

Anyway, I' just curious. Feel free to ignore or flame. And good on you all for getting out from under the thumb of the RTC! :clap:

Hi Fordi,
welcome here. I am sure you will find a lot of those answers on the "my story from inside Scientology" thread on this board, or also on www.throughthedoor.net - Please feel free to ask me any questions by PM if you like. Let me know how you get on.

Shane

Confusion!

I'm so happy you got out of there...it seems to me like slavery is upon us again.
I really feel sorry for the children who are born into it... what kind of a life can they expect to have, and if you rebel againt it all ties with people you've known all your life are cut?
so sad... i bet tom cruz dont have to go through all that bullshit!

johnAnchovie

Still raging
Hi Shane

Being able to objectify experiences of abuse is a vital part of any return to social normality, I have this and other boards to be important in this respect.

We are victims of our own ignorance, and we are victims of an educational system that did not consider it important to teach the child critical thinking, thus, along with whatever vulnerabilities we brought with us, we are easy prey for this cult.

Now we are out, now we are speaking and now we are learning to live again, and it is good feeling.

Keegan4123

To start off i would like to commend all the people here on both their bravery as well as the ability to discuss their ordeals. I am not a scientologist nor have I ever been one but for some reason this organization has captured my interest. I don't know why, I have never been an "activist" for anything, but I have very strong feelings about this for some reason. I as many surely have found this post through digg.com, but more specifically the main wiki for Project Chanology. While this thread is not the place for discussion of Anon or or its "war" I would like to thank you Sabrina from the bottom of my heart that you posted this list. While you are not the only one that has experienced these horrors, your story has blown up (7539 digs) and that does not include the people who have viewed but not dugg your story. To me those numbers are lives saved, I find it extremely hard to believe that someone would consider the church as an option after reading your story.

Again I want to thank you and the rest of this community, you truly are inspirations.

Div6

Crusader

Being essentially a gnostic practice, many people have experienced different "awarenesses" and "realizations" about various aspects of life through the application of various scn procedures. Zinj is a critic, and to my knowledge has never applied any Scn to himself or others, so all he "knows" is from what he has read or directly been told. That is called "know about", and is several levels under just "knowing". There are a number of threads in the "Freezone" & "Independant Field" threads that have further discusiions on this.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
fordi said:
Did many of you go on to become 'Free Zone'ers, ...
Nope. Not me.

fordi said:

I think that the Communications Course is good.

The 3rd partying stuff (saying bad stuff about someone "behind their back") is sometimes true BUT not to the extremes that Hubbard taught.

The overt/motivator cycle can sometimes be true for people with a conscience (i.e. this is not true for some hard-core criminals).

IMO, people should use a dictionary (hard copy or on-line) to look up words or phrases they don't understand very well. (Public schools don't emphasize this enough.)

That's about it for me.

phénix

Patron with Honors
Yep, I was in the SO too,

Nearly drove me nuts..
Specially the routing out procedure, when you're doing MEST work all day, alone, and the others-your friends- lookinf at you as a treator, sec checking....
It's really hard to leave and go through that shit and I think many people would get disturbed living such things..
I stayed about six months on and off the decks, not knowing what to do or think, and finally said I had suicidal thoughts and thy routed me our, got rid of the liability..

But it's funny how I can still miss my friends from these days, from inside there...

It was really tough, I think it's a kind of mental torture, and I didn't fully recover yet, takes time