What's new

Ex-Staff Member of Berlin Org

alexm

Patron with Honors
Dear all,

I wanted to share my experiences of being staff in the Berlin Org with you all. What I write might be long so I hope that I do not bore you all.

First is that I am not German, I am from North America. I found my way into the old Berlin Org, which was in the south part of Berlin known as Mariendorfer Damm about 3 years ago as when I was working about 70 km's east of Berlin in Poland. This was back in 2005, the year I become a Scientologist.

I went on staff in the Berlin Org in May of 2007 because I wanted to work for an ideal Org but I walked into a wall of fire, no pun intended and ended up being deported from Germany. I can never return there for the rest of my life, due to the fact that I was working illegally for the Org, meaning that I was working for the Church with no work visa. I did have a residence permit which allowed me to live with restrictions but not to work. This permit was cancelled when I was deported. I was being paid every week by the Org and have my pay slips as proof. I also had to take mandatory German lessons in order to say in Germany as a immigrant and I was not taking them due to the fact that I was not making enough money. I informed the Org of course to which I got no answer from the very incompetent staff in the DSA Office who all promised me before I left my home country that they would of course help me because that was their job. I did not have permission to work in a real job so staff pay was my only "source of income."

After I was deported I was intimated by the person who recruited me in Berlin along with other HCO and Department 21 staffs, to finish my staff contact elsewhere or else I would get a freeloader bill. I tried to finish my contract in the USA in San Francisco. However, I was kicked off staff due to subscribing the alt.religion.scientology when I was 16 years old for literally not even an hour. There was also lies about me and about a friend as well as a hospital Chaplain I spoke to once, in my PC folders. Has anyone ever had this experience before, where there are literally lies and untruthful statements about you and things you said or wrote in your PC folders? I also asked to be put on the leaving staff routing form as I knew that I wanted to go back to school in order to get a real career and not work on staff any longer.

My main problems was how many times I asked for help in Berlin and literally got no answer. I thought Scientoloigsts were the best communicators in the universe? Needless to say, many things disillusioned me, especially how the most ethical group in the planet can accepted and pay illegal workers. I was not the only one, several Swiss, Czech and Hungarian nationals are working their without actual permission, even though, with the exception of Switzerland, Czech Republic and Hungary are EU countries they still at this point need permission to work. Many of the Czech nationals left due to the fact that they, like I, were recruited from the policy of an ideal Org which states that you will make enough money to survive and that they could work for the Org while paying off debts. This turned out to be catastrophic and of course, their fault according to HCO.

In the summer of 2007, when I was in Germany, a German newspaper reported that a representative of the German government come into the Org looking to see if we had illegal workers. Well I was in the Org during this visit and I was in the in the academy at the time, which I was rushed into by my senior. Looking back now I should have turned myself into this Government rep or have gone to my Embassy and asked for assistance to get back into my country.

I guess for me, when I finally woke up out of the dream and realized a few things. If I were being lied to in order to sign a contact then the person who lies to me is creating an evil deed, which happens allot in Scientology, but also that if I sign the contract I was convinced that it was still my fault and then I in turn place the guilt on myself by making a justification that "I signed the contact" even though I was mislead and lied to. This is equally an evil deed. How can you ever clear a planet or create honest people with such abuse?

I also spent many hours thinking about what exactly my purpose was while on staff. Was it really working to clear the planet? No, it sure wasn't. I was working in the Org over 90 hours a week and doing about 75 hours per week on my post. I never studied because the sups in Berlin are terrible. My only conclusion was that I was working for the Org and nothing else, just to expand the third dynamic which I was told that if I put allot of my time and efforts into, miracles would appear. They didn't.

As for pay, I worked this schedule which is known as "full-full time" for nine months. The idea was that I was going to get double the pay of a regular staff member working day or foundation. My recruiter who I trusted very much, told me that I was going to get 800-1000 Euros per month. up to this point I had not written the part of the contact that states that staffs are not into the contact to make money as it was written in German and I did not know that this clause existed. I wrote her up along during notice of my deportation with my entire situation to RTC, LRH Comm Int, CLO EU, IJC Int and etc to which there was no response. One letter came back from Ed Int but of course all I needed to do according to him was to read Responsibility by LRH and I would understand that everything was my fault. Again as for pay, I ended up getting between 10 - 80 Euros per week. The highest number coming from only one week and the lowermost number coming from a week that I and the entire Org spent during the international bookathon last winter where I and several others, spent 3 days outside in the cold from 10 am to 1 am the next day plus the other four days where an average day of being in the Org from 9am to 11 pm. This particular week totaled more then 100 hours of production, most of which was outside in the cold and I ended up receiving 10 Euros. I got so angry, especially from the fact of how hungry and tired I was and that I had lost over 50 pounds in 9 months due to pretty much being starving all the time. Needless to say, I lost it and of course got in trouble. After this I just stopped showing up in the morning and lost my entire purpose.

I was not punished much as long as I was up stat. This is called Ethic Protection and another reason why I am no longer a staff member nor a member of the Church.

I would really like to know how I can inform the German Government of any tips on the illegal worker situation at the Berlin Org so that there can be some justice done or at least someone close to the Government who works closely on Church matters.

Please let me know via this message board.

Thank you for reading this, please excuse the length. I have of course more experiences that I will post here in the future including one about Tom Cruise's controversial trip to Berlin in the summer of 2007.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Dear all,

I would really like to know how I can inform the German Government of any tips on the illegal worker situation at the Berlin Org so that there can be some justice done or at least someone close to the Government who works closely on Church matters.

Thank you for reading this, please excuse the length. I have of course more experiences that I will post here in the future including one about Tom Cruise's controversial trip to Berlin in the summer of 2007.

Welcome alexm and thankyou so much for telling your story.

It's unbelievable that they can still get away with this sort of thing. It has been happening since the 60's when people were banned from entering the UK for Scientology purposes, yet still managed to become (illegal) staff members.

It is a reflection on the inability to gain local, dedicated staff members that people are recruited from another country. And the lack of care and the abuse of agreements, contracts and simple common sense about the welfare of staff is totally disgusting.

Yes, please contact Ursula Caberta, especially as the recent conference in Hamburg has been such a brilliant success. I read somewhere that there is talk of warning signs outside German orgs soon, I'll get some more info on that.

You are well away from the nightmare. :)

xseaorguk

Patron Meritorious
deceived and lied to about staff conditions

Thanks for posting your experience on here about the Berlin org.
This should help the German government to close down $cn in Germany soon.
Illegal activities like this are apalling.

I too was lied to about joining staff before joining the 'Sea Org'.
Told I was one of an 'Elite few' and an 'Elite Corp'.
Helping to 'clear the planet', as it was almost toooooooo late, (like 5 to twelve or something)
I was actually in the Sea Org and wa also expected to work long hours.
Often received no pay at all, sometimes just 5 pounds per week.

REcentlyI strolled into an an Org and asked (with ARC) some questions.
Just wanted to see which reaction I got.
I started off asking why the Science of Survival book I have has a 23 page introduction, when their version now only has a 3 page one.
Why is that?

His answer:
Yes, well threre have been found some old dications of Hubbard, and lots of typing mistakes made, so its all been corrected.
Its now all 'Perfect' ..at last.....

The guy went on to ask where I had gotten to on the 'Bridge', which I briefly told him, anda also found out he was a Sea Org member.
I told him also that I was told I would get my auditing ans training FREE as a staff member, however due to constant work it never really happenend apart from some obligatory Confessionals and Sec Checking when I left.
Oh well, maybe the EPF and Sea Org hatting courses can be regarded as getting 'up the bridge', but I persoanlly dont.

I preceeded to ask the staff member some questions from some info I have now after reading so much on the internet.

First question:

Did you know that LRH had a first son born 1934 called LRH Jnr. or Nibbs?
(Ron Dewolf)

Staff members answer: No....

Q:
How many children do you thnk Hubbard had?

A: 3...?

Q:
Did you know Hubbard actually had 7 children?

Answer: NO.....

I explained, I recently only found this out on the internet, and now understand why.
I pointed out that Nibbs had given interviews on Youtube about his father and had spent, as his son, ppent lots of time with him also around the time he wrote the oscalled 'BEST SELLER' Dianetics.
If he didnt find it important to read more about Hubbards history and maybe what his children wrote about him etc.
He pointed to the books in the store and siad, but he needed only need this information.
He said there was a lot of 'Entheta' about, so why read it?

What really noticed is that the guy was looking through me a type of brainwashed TR= stare, which is sometimes noticable of course with out Scinos.
He barely was registring what I was saying.
I asked if maybe it would be better to read both sides of ths story, not just 1side.
I realized I was not getting thru.
The other person there looked sceptical about what I was saying and also not very happy at all.
The Mission was actually empty at the time too.

This is my first experience doing this, but will not give up on hoping to save a few people from this CULT-.
Maybe one day we will get them to wonder why they are being so controlled.
They are just mis-informed.
I also only found out so much after I started reading on the net.
I asked him if he could access the internet but he didnt answer.

Thats all for now

Dear all,

I wanted to share my experiences of being staff in the Berlin Org with you all. What I write might be long so I hope that I do not bore you all.

First is that I am not German, I am from North America. I found my way into the old Berlin Org, which was in the south part of Berlin known as Mariendorfer Damm about 3 years ago as when I was working about 70 km's east of Berlin in Poland. This was back in 2005, the year I become a Scientologist.

I went on staff in the Berlin Org in May of 2007 because I wanted to work for an ideal Org but I walked into a wall of fire, no pun intended and ended up being deported from Germany. I can never return there for the rest of my life, due to the fact that I was working illegally for the Org, meaning that I was working for the Church with no work visa. I did have a residence permit which allowed me to live with restrictions but not to work. This permit was cancelled when I was deported. I was being paid every week by the Org and have my pay slips as proof. I also had to take mandatory German lessons in order to say in Germany as a immigrant and I was not taking them due to the fact that I was not making enough money. I informed the Org of course to which I got no answer from the very incompetent staff in the DSA Office who all promised me before I left my home country that they would of course help me because that was their job. I did not have permission to work in a real job so staff pay was my only "source of income."

After I was deported I was intimated by the person who recruited me in Berlin along with other HCO and Department 21 staffs, to finish my staff contact elsewhere or else I would get a freeloader bill. I tried to finish my contract in the USA in San Francisco. However, I was kicked off staff due to subscribing the alt.religion.scientology when I was 16 years old for literally not even an hour. There was also lies about me and about a friend as well as a hospital Chaplain I spoke to once, in my PC folders. Has anyone ever had this experience before, where there are literally lies and untruthful statements about you and things you said or wrote in your PC folders? I also asked to be put on the leaving staff routing form as I knew that I wanted to go back to school in order to get a real career and not work on staff any longer.

My main problems was how many times I asked for help in Berlin and literally got no answer. I thought Scientoloigsts were the best communicators in the universe? Needless to say, many things disillusioned me, especially how the most ethical group in the planet can accepted and pay illegal workers. I was not the only one, several Swiss, Czech and Hungarian nationals are working their without actual permission, even though, with the exception of Switzerland, Czech Republic and Hungary are EU countries they still at this point need permission to work. Many of the Czech nationals left due to the fact that they, like I, were recruited from the policy of an ideal Org which states that you will make enough money to survive and that they could work for the Org while paying off debts. This turned out to be catastrophic and of course, their fault according to HCO.

In the summer of 2007, when I was in Germany, a German newspaper reported that a representative of the German government come into the Org looking to see if we had illegal workers. Well I was in the Org during this visit and I was in the in the academy at the time, which I was rushed into by my senior. Looking back now I should have turned myself into this Government rep or have gone to my Embassy and asked for assistance to get back into my country.

I guess for me, when I finally woke up out of the dream and realized a few things. If I were being lied to in order to sign a contact then the person who lies to me is creating an evil deed, which happens allot in Scientology, but also that if I sign the contract I was convinced that it was still my fault and then I in turn place the guilt on myself by making a justification that "I signed the contact" even though I was mislead and lied to. This is equally an evil deed. How can you ever clear a planet or create honest people with such abuse?

I also spent many hours thinking about what exactly my purpose was while on staff. Was it really working to clear the planet? No, it sure wasn't. I was working in the Org over 90 hours a week and doing about 75 hours per week on my post. I never studied because the sups in Berlin are terrible. My only conclusion was that I was working for the Org and nothing else, just to expand the third dynamic which I was told that if I put allot of my time and efforts into, miracles would appear. They didn't.

As for pay, I worked this schedule which is known as "full-full time" for nine months. The idea was that I was going to get double the pay of a regular staff member working day or foundation. My recruiter who I trusted very much, told me that I was going to get 800-1000 Euros per month. up to this point I had not written the part of the contact that states that staffs are not into the contact to make money as it was written in German and I did not know that this clause existed. I wrote her up along during notice of my deportation with my entire situation to RTC, LRH Comm Int, CLO EU, IJC Int and etc to which there was no response. One letter came back from Ed Int but of course all I needed to do according to him was to read Responsibility by LRH and I would understand that everything was my fault. Again as for pay, I ended up getting between 10 - 80 Euros per week. The highest number coming from only one week and the lowermost number coming from a week that I and the entire Org spent during the international bookathon last winter where I and several others, spent 3 days outside in the cold from 10 am to 1 am the next day plus the other four days where an average day of being in the Org from 9am to 11 pm. This particular week totaled more then 100 hours of production, most of which was outside in the cold and I ended up receiving 10 Euros. I got so angry, especially from the fact of how hungry and tired I was and that I had lost over 50 pounds in 9 months due to pretty much being starving all the time. Needless to say, I lost it and of course got in trouble. After this I just stopped showing up in the morning and lost my entire purpose.

I was not punished much as long as I was up stat. This is called Ethic Protection and another reason why I am no longer a staff member nor a member of the Church.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
This is my first experience doing this, but will not give up on hoping to save a few people from this CULT-.
Maybe one day we will get them to wonder why they are being so controlled.
They are just mis-informed.
I also only found out so much after I started reading on the net.
I asked him if he could access the internet but he didnt answer.

Thats all for now

Good on you! Who knows, one day that bloke may hesitantly start looking...

Carmel

Crusader
Hey Alexm

Thanks for sharing your story - and it WASN'T too long. All good data :) .

Looks like you had a lonely road within the ranks. At least you are among friends now, who's care and support is a wonderful thing.

Cheers and welcome! :thumbsup:

AnonBerlin

Hi AlexM,
thanks for sharing your story - we've encountered lots of seemingly "foreign" staff during our so-called Blitz-Raids (sorry for the anon-lingo) and contemplated contacting the authorities to conduct their very own Blitz-Raid on the stress-test tables.

We have a pretty good standing with the authorities here in Berlin, but we were wondering if it's really worth it ... if there are enough illegal workers on staff who do the body routing. We don't want to risk our reputation by creating more work for the authorities just because of some minor observation.

Do you know of any other staffers which are probably working at the org illegaly?

thanks,
Anonymous/Berlin :anon:

alexm

Patron with Honors
Do it!!

I can name probably more then a dozen people off the top of my head including non-Germans from German speaking countries who are under 18 but not going to regular school. They may however have a deal with their Embassy but I am not sure. However, to protect myself I must remain anonymous. No pun intended. There are people working from the newest group of EU nations. Some might have work permission but most didn't. Some of them are back in their home countries while others may still work for the Church. I am uncertain since I have been away from there for 6 months.

When you do a raid, which needs to be done again because I was in the Academy during the first raid, you take a look at all past and present staff members from the staff pay records in Treasury. I myself have my pay slips to this day. Get the raiders to check the legal status of all foreigners past and presents. My name will come up and I was defiantly illegal there for 9 months and finally deported. I have evidence also but I must remain unnamed due to the seriousness of the case and my not wanting to get harassed.

I have written that AGS group in Germany headed by that Ursula lady. I am hoping something will come out of it.

Div6

Crusader
Hi AlexM,
thanks for sharing your story - we've encountered lots of seemingly "foreign" staff during our so-called Blitz-Raids (sorry for the anon-lingo) and contemplated contacting the authorities to conduct their very own Blitz-Raid on the stress-test tables.

We have a pretty good standing with the authorities here in Berlin, but we were wondering if it's really worth it ... if there are enough illegal workers on staff who do the body routing. We don't want to risk our reputation by creating more work for the authorities just because of some minor observation.

Do you know of any other staffers which are probably working at the org illegaly?

thanks,
Anonymous/Berlin :anon:

Welcome Deutscheland AnonFag!

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hey XSEA...,

Great job!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

This is the kind of stuff we should be doing overtly or covertly!The Clams can't confront dissenting views.

I know the "look" that you are talking about,that "this dose not compute,this does not compute," type of "look" on their faces!:roflmao: :roflmao:

T

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks for your story Alex!
Sorry I didn't get to this earlier.

My wife also had a similar thing happen to her. The "church" only does the minimum of what is needed then forgets the rest. In your case they didn't even do the minimum.:duh: