What's new

Example of Management Cycle

grundy

Gold Meritorious Patron
From ESK .. someone Asked me a question here was the answer:

I was never in the SO, so even I have a couple of questions:

What does FOLO actually *do*? What about the various CLO orgs? I used to hear about these guys all the time, but had no idea what they were on about. What does that mean, "liason", exactly? I mean, I know what the word means, but what? They just keep people in touch with each other? Seems silly to have a whole org dedicated to that.

FOLO (Flag Operations Liason Office) (now Flag Bureax) is a part of ILO (International Liason Office) (was FCB - Flag Command Bureax and then was FLO Flag Liason Office).

CLO (Continental Liason Office) answers to FLO, er ILO.

Basically, the way it is supposed to work is:

Executive Strata (Ed Int and all his deputies) give orders to ILO about things on the international level. For example, "We need to get the NBSRAW up worldwide." (NBSRAW - New books sold to raw public). (ED Int may not actually put it this way, but that might be the desired result.)

He tells Central Marketing Unit to work out a promotional campaign to get books sold to raw public. The is not to be put into effect by executive strata but by the local orgs and missions. He then tells ILO that they will be getting this marketing campaign and must get it implemented. Part of this overall plan might be to get missions to do certain things, and WISE and ABLE groups to do certain things.

So, WISE Int and ABLE Int get these promotional programs started for their sectors. SMI does their part. FB (Flag Bureax) (was FOLO) is responsible for actual scn churches. All of these are part of ILO.

ILO then gives orders to CLOs to implement the continental level plans to get this promotional campaign done. Part of this plan might include getting more people body routed, getting ads done close to local orgs, etc. Whatever. So, ILO orders CLO to get their organizations to do certain general functions and that certain statistics are expected to be reported on these actions.

Now CLO sends the orders to the local orgs to implement this campaign. Now, in our hypothetical situation, the local orgs aren't necessarily told that it's NBSRAW that is the goal. They are told it's getting new public into the door or getting basic courses filled up or whatever. The idea is doing these things will in the end increase NBSRAW.

So CLO gives specific orders to individual orgs to implement the general orders of ILO that were given in order to get a done on the order of exec strata.

So, the orgs do the steps, report the stats to CLO. CLOs debug them as needed in order to get the orders done. They report an aggregate set of statistics and dones to ILO, without reporting all of the specific problems that came up. (This imformation is collected by Flag Data Files though to help ILO give more effective ordes later and to help evaluations get done to handle specific areas.)

ILO coallates the data and statistics and once they feel the order of ED Int has been implemented they report it done to him. They don't necessarily give him all the plans, orders and so forth that had to be implemented to get it done. They just report a done with stats to prove it.

Does this explain it somewhat?

Last edited by a moderator:

grundy

Gold Meritorious Patron
Emma, can you fix my typo in the title? I accidentally put a D on the end of example ..... :(