Excerpt from 1/10th of 1 percent of Scientology (c)1972 by L RON HUBBARD, JR

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
Continued:

PHILADELPHIA - Page 24 of 27

When I was four my father started mentioning a magician named Mayo. I thought he meant Magic Mayonnaise at the time. Starting in 1952 I found out he used the term Mayo to disguise the word Melin. Melin of Abra-Melin Magick. His pathological fear of the forces within The Magick plus his natural paranoia and compulsion for secrecy would not allow him to speak the real word in public. Melin-Mayo. A personal code.

In later years, when Dad heard me mention the two words linked together with other people present, he flew into one of his standard rages; a shut up or else rage.

People mistake L. Ron Hubbard and his Scientology. They see the apparency, and not the actuality. By design. Scientology does not work as stated; but as intended. As intended by its creator L Ron Hubbard. To keep the Doorway open. To remain in the realm of the Great Beast. To feed the hunger of the Will. His Will. When he emptied the purse of man and the heart of women; it seeks onward and outward. Appetite. Forever appetite.

Scientology is the snare. The passion flower. the Cloak of Lights. The glow of power. A power always wanting. Always needing. The Will never satisfied.

Keep the book under lock and key he says. I do for years. I burn them as a symbolic gesture many more years later. For I am my own excorcist. but, I can still open the Door. For the burning of the books was only an empty

PHILADELPHIA - Page 25 of 27

and hollow ritual as ineffective as tinkling bells at a Mass. Once the Door is accessed, it can never be truly locked again.

The basic and major tenet of the Magick is: "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law". Now, of course, I give you here the exact quote of the many my father was quoting. HE always put his own twist and turn to it to make LRH the Source. LRH the Creator. For my conception in October 1933 to December 1952; what LRH drummed into my head by his Magick Tech was: "Do what you will is the whole of the law". "Do only that which satisfies the will".
We had, of course, used the Magick ona few women up to that point, but I didn't know it was Magick. I just had thought it was theatrics; adding spice to sex; dad doing his sexual thing and letting Junior tag along.
Dad had spoken often throughout my life of Magick but I assumed it was only one of his many interests; not his abiding passion.
Except as a part of the public relat5ions part of the Scientology game. I have never known Dad to attribute actual source to anyone but himself. These books opened a Pandora's Box for me.
Dad was right; I was a two-bit teenage kid who thought he had the world by the tail, when in fact, I only had a tuft of hair.

PHILADELPHIA - Page 26 of 27

Well, I had come a long ways since that June of 1952 when I rolled into Dad's Tatum Blvd. home in Phoenix.
I had barely got out of my '47 Buick when Dad started me popping rainbows and playng heavy games with women. It seemed like two minutes later I was teaching Scientology when I could barely pronounce the word; and five minutes later I was riding shotgun with Grant Poole on the Rainbow Express carrying in one pocket more money than I had ever seen.
One of the first things Dad had said to me on my arrival in Phoenix was: There were 14 year olds who had been Roman generals. You're 4 years late kid. Alexander had conquered the world at 21. I'll give you the same to do the same. I was 18 years and one month old when he said that. I haven't been out of hyper-drive since.
Every event in life can be a positive or a negative. Dad's revelation about Alestair Crowley rocked my boat for a few hours. He had spoon-fed me the Magick for years through subconscious conditioning and programming. Now it was in the open. I loved it. I had purpose. I had goals. I had a destiny to manifest. I had a world to win. Power.
It was a few days before Christmas 1952 when the lecture series complete. Dad gave me a complete set of tapes to return to Phoenix with. I am to teach the material. I start the new year rolling the tapes. I am impowered. I am on the road to my own Cloak of Lights; proud, pleased and happy. A kid can go far in seven months.

-----------
end of section.

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
The idea of David Mayo attempting to perform magic, at Rons bedside, with the back story of Mayo-Melin, is Ironic.

So Old Mayo that "Hubbard" speaks of meeting, the chinese Magician never recognised by historians, was just a code name for Abra-Melin.

Priceless.

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Canberra Aussie Tip

There are two different translations of Abra-melin.

“The Book of the Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage” OR

“The Book of Abramelin”

Occult Books - The Book of Abramelin is the first modern translation of this magical work since Mathers's original translation over 100 years ago. Not only is the language updated, but Georg Dehn, the compiler and editor, has sourced his work from all extant manuscripts, while Mathers used just one.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/13167980/The-Book-of-Abramelin-German-to-English-Translation

“The Book of the Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage”, an 1898 translation of the book (from an earlier incomplete French copy of the Hebrew original) by S. L. Mathers, was used within the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn and, later, within the mystical system of Aleister Crowley’s Thelema.

However, Mathers’ translation was not very reliable, missing as it was one of the original four books, and incorporating errors such specifying the duration of the Abramelin operation as 6 months rather than 18, errors in the recipe ingredients, and also missing many of the letters in the magical squares. The later English translation by Georg Dehn and Steven Guth, based on the earliest and most complete German sources, is more scholarly and comprehensive.

Abramelin was a semi-mythical Egyptian mage or magician who taught a powerful form of Kabbalistic magic in his famous grimoire,

. It has been argued by the German esoteric scholar Georg Dehn that the author of “The Book of Abramelin” was most likely Rabbi Yaakov Moelin, a 14th/15th Century German Jewish Talmudist and authority on Jewish law. Internally, the book dates itself to 1458.

Occult expert/ Legend lives in Canberra, Australia

A tidbit of knowledge for the Canberra Aussie crowd to take to the next atheists Versus Scientologists meeting, Steven Guth a gifted translator and spiritual healer, gives occasional lectures on esoteric topics, to the local and sydney theosophical societies. He lives with his life mate Katherine and their extended family at Bibaringa a 550 acre horse ranch on Mt Stromlo ridge 10 minutes from the centre of Canberra.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/13167980/The-Book-of-Abramelin-German-to-English-Translation

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
MESSIAH or MADMAN said:
"The Blood of Their Bodies, The Blood of Their Souls"
The following is mainly excerpted from a piece, written by Ron Jr. originally entitled "Philadelphia":

"We were in Philadelphia. It was November 1952. Dianetics was all but forgotten; and Scientology, a new Science,' had become the focus of attention.

"Every night, in the hotel, in preparation for the next day's lecture, he'd pace the floor, exhilarated by this or that passage from Aleister Crowley's writings.

--------------

"Page 21 of 27 PHILADELPHIA

... I open....

PHILADELPHIA - Page 22 of 27

the books intending to only thumb through. I am awed and amazed;
I know these books! How could I?

He answers: they were used to conceive you. And birth you too.

I've read them to you while you were asleep.

Drugged too.

Hypnotized too.

For years he says. Katy too. And Polly too. scores of women.

PHILADELPHIA Doctorate Course- 11 Dec.1952 said:
So I talked to these people from Saint Elizabeth’s, a spin-bin down around Washing
ton, talked to the staff. And I was very careful to talk to the staff in a certain way – and put ‘em to sleep.

Uh…
hypnosis bears a considerable resemblance to sleep

and a person knows… any auditor knows when he’s dealing with a hypnotic subject. Any auditor should know some- thing about hypnosis because it’s a very standard set of something or other. There are various things that will happen. The breathing will become shallow, and uh… the next thing that happens is their eyes will roll back up in their heads, like that, or roll down like this. And their eyelids will go flicker, flicker, flicker, flicker, flicker. And uh… if you do anything that makes people do that, and you’ve got them hypnotized, that’s all. There’s various methods used.

You just capture their perceptic line and you’re the only one in whom they’re on agreement.

You’ve just separated their agreement from the rest of the world and they think you’re the only one, see? Very simple

R. Miller said:
Hubbard complained that Sara "had hypnotized him in his sleep and commanded him not to write."

More Admissions.

Last edited:

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
The idea of David Mayo attempting to perform magic, at Rons bedside, with the back story of Mayo-Melin, is Ironic.

So Old Mayo that "Hubbard" speaks of meeting, the chinese Magician never recognised by historians, was just a code name for Abra-Melin.

Priceless.

IF one can accept that Hubbard used magic and numerology, AND with knowledge that in espionage circles the maxim that ' there is no such thing as a chance happening "...THEN

Perhaps a stretch, but therein lies a hint as to why David Mayo became the top technical "terminal" in $cientology. (because of his name, Mayo..- Hubbard took David Mayo's appearance in the sea org as a 'sign')

AND

in this thread about a page on Lermanet about the date "coincidence" of David Miscavige's Birthday, CST corporate year ending and the most holy day in satanism, all falling on April 30th (and being the date Hitler committed suicide) might also explain why Hubbard allowed Miscavige to rise to the leadership of his empire of lies!! LINK DM's birthday, April 30th.

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
IF one can accept that Hubbard used magic and numerology, AND with knowledge that in espionage circles the maxim that ' there is no such thing as a chance happening "...THEN

Perhaps a stretch, but therein lies a hint as to why David Mayo became the top technical "terminal" in $cientology. (because of his name, Mayo..- Hubbard took David Mayo's appearance in the sea org as a 'sign')

AND

in this thread about a page on Lermanet about the date "coincidence" of David Miscavige's Birthday, CST corporate year ending and the most holy day in satanism, all falling on April 30th (and being the date Hitler committed suicide) might also explain why Hubbard allowed Miscavige to rise to the leadership of his empire of lies!! LINK DM's birthday, April 30th.

Thanks Arnie, interesting info, The name Mayo, ive been wondering why he chose that name, where he pilfered it from, maybe his boyhood hero 'snake' mentioned him? Crowley chose people based on signs too.

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks Arnie, interesting info, The name Mayo, ive been wondering why he chose that name, where he pilfered it from, maybe his boyhood hero 'snake' mentioned him? Crowley chose people based on signs too.

Perhaps 'Commander "snake" Thompson' used it as lubricant

Peter Soderqvist

Patron with Honors
It's authentic. I read the entire '1/10th of 1%' piece 25 years ago. An excerpt of it - with a few additions, and small modifications, by Nibs - can be found in 'The Blood of their Bodies, the Blood of their Souls' chapter of 'L. Ron Hubbard, Messiah or Madman?' (As I recall, it also has the title 'Philadelphia')

When I became interested in Crowley's writings in 1978 (while still an off-lines public member of Scientology), I gradually accumulated a nearly complete library of Crowley's works. I couldn't help but notice the correspondences.

Some time later, I received a phone call from AOLA telling me that the upper Grade Chart had been changed, and that I had money on account for the discontinued levels (mainly old OT VIII, which it turned out never existed in the first place), I bought a bunch of tapes including the 'Philadelphia Doctorate Course' lectures from late 1952.

It startled me to hear Hubbard repeat - sometimes word per word - what I had read in Crowley's writings, and Hubbard's praise of Crowley surprised me, as I had previously been told the story - dreamt up by Hubbard as PR damage control for a 'Times of London' article of 1969 - of how Hubbard had been sent by Naval Intelligence into Jack Parsons' Crowleyan group to break it up, and "rescued a girl."

Having the opportunity to speak with Nibs, and then read his '1/10th of 1%' piece, confirmed what I had already suspected - That Hubbard was heavily into Crowleyan Magick at the formative beginnings of Scientology.

As an aside, there is the matter of Hubbard having stayed for a time with Jack Parsons, after he had returned from Cuba in 1951. This according to letters that Jack Parsons had written to (then divorced from Hubbard) Sara Northrup. It wasn't long after this time - once Hubbard had broken with Dianeticist benefactor Purcell - that Hubbard, seemingly out of the blue, came up with such items as the 'Factors', the 'Scientology Axioms', and various scales, and drills such as "Route One."

How much of this is owed to Jack Parsons' input will probably never be known for sure, especially since Parsons blew himself up in a rocket fuel experiment not long after.

Soderqvist1: can you back up your claim that; “As an aside, there is the matter of Hubbard having stayed for a time with Jack Parsons, after he had returned from Cuba in 1951. This according to letters that Jack Parsons had written to (then divorced from Hubbard) Sara Northrup.” with documents? Because it doesn’t fit in with what has been established earlier!

A Piece of Blue Sky his Magical Career
The Parsons affair was over. Hubbard's affair with black magic was not. Parsons and Hubbard went their separate ways after their legal settlement, in July 1946.
http://www.xenu.net/archive/books/apobs/bs2-6.htm

Bare-Faced Messiah Black Magic and Betty
Page 127: Jack Parsons returned to Pasadena satisfied that he had made the best deal he could under the circumstances and not too distressed at the loss of his former lover and his former best friend. He never saw either of them again.
http://www.xenu.net/archive/books/bfm/bfm07.htm

The Book of the Antichrist the black Pilgrimage
Now it came to pass even as BABALON told me, for after receving Her Book I fell away from Magick, and put away Her Book and all pertaining thereto. And I was stripped of my fortune (the sum of about $50,000) and my house, and all I Possessed. Then for a period of two years I worked in the world, recouping my fortune somewhat. But that was also taken from me, and my reputation, and my good name in my worldly work, that was in science

Analysis by a Master of the Temple VI, Early Maturity
The final experience with Hubbard and Betty, and the O.T.O. was necessary to overcome your false and infantile reliance on others, although this was only partially accomplished at the time. The invocation of Babalon served to exteriorize the Oedipus complex; at the same time, because of the forces involved it produced extraordinary magical effects. However, this operation is accomplished and closed -- you should have nothing more to do with it -- nor even think of it, until Her manifestation is revealed, and proved beyond the shadow of a doubt. Even then, you must be circumspect -- although I hope to take complete charge before then.
http://web.archive.org/web/20040211080023/www.babalon.net/jwp/antichrist.html

Letters to Cameron 25 Jan 50
I have the text of Dee's skrying in the 7th Aire, as he said "so terrified me that, beseeching God to have mercy upon me, I finally answer that I will from this day forward meddle no more herein." The voice, speaking from Kelly, resulted in a sinister dissociation of Kelly's personality. The parallel with my own working with Ron is appalling. After this Kelly robbed Dee, absconded with his wife, and developed a criminal confidence career. This is the voice: "I am the daughter of Fortitude. (La Force = Babalon) and ravished every hour from my youth. For behold, I am Understanding, and Science dwelleth in me; and the heavens oppress me. They cover and desire me with infinite appetite; few or none that are earthly have embraced me, for I am shadowed with the Circle of the Stars, and covered with the morning clouds.

My feet are swifter than the winds, and my hands are sweeter than the morning dew. My garments are from the beginning, and my dwelling place is in myself. The Lion knoweth not where I walk, neither do the beasts of the field understand me. I am deflowered, yet a virgin, I sanctifie and am not sanctified. Happy is he that embraceth me: for in the night season I am sweet, and in the day full of pleasure. My company is a harmony of many symbols, and my lips are sweeter than health itself. I am a harlot for such as ravish me, and a virgin with such as know me not. Purge your streets, O ye sons of men, and wash your houses clean; make yourselves holy, and put on righteousness. Cast out your old strumpets, and burn their clothes and then I will come and dwell amongst you; and behold, I will bring forth children unto you, and they shall be the Sons of Comfort in the Age that is to come."

In view of the fact that this MSS was unknown to Hubbard and I [sic], the parallelism is really extraordinary. I have found another prophecy in Khaled Khan which I shall send later.
http://web.archive.org/web/20040211082911/www.babalon.net/jwp/camltrs.html

Moving On Up a Little Higher Past Lives Huckleberry // January 6, 2010 at 3:37 pm | Reply
Years ago, when I somehow ended up in LA, I quickly became friends with a group of young Scientologists, creative types all about the same age, and, one by one, we all attested to Clear. Yet not one of us did any Dianetic auditing. All past life Clears. Coincidence? I recall going Clear in the 1950s in Elizabeth, NJ. My auditor's name was Betty a lovely lady whose face I can see now and whom I'd like to acknowledge if she reads this and I had the good fortune to attest to a certain red-haired examiner with whom I soon after shared a menthol cigarette.
http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2010/01/06/past-lives/

Strange Angel Chapter into the Abyss by George Pendle
Page 287 289: De Camp was researching a book on magic, and the occult and the two spend much time talking together about magic, and science fiction. When the Camp asked parsons about his dealings with Hubbard, parsons was in good humor enough to admit that he had received a letter from an irritated Hubbard, "offering" him Betty back. He then told de Camp that he had summoned his wife Candy, through magic. When de Camp asked where he is now, parsons replied ruefully, "I think she's in Mexico, getting a divorce." "An authentic mad genius if I ever met one." declared de Camp afterward.

Soderqvist1: it is not very likely that they met each other again in 1951!

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Interesting parallels . . .

The Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn (or, more commonly, the Golden Dawn) was a magical order active in Great Britain during the late 19th and early 20th centuries, which practiced theurgy and spiritual development. It has been one of the largest single influences on 20th-century Western occultism.

invitation-page1.jpg

. . . is there *nothing* L Ron Hubbard *ever* contributed to Scientology?

Veda

Sponsor
Soderqvist1: can you back up your claim that; “As an aside, there is the matter of Hubbard having stayed for a time with Jack Parsons, after he had returned from Cuba in 1951. This according to letters that Jack Parsons had written to (then divorced from Hubbard) Sara Northrup.” with documents? Because it doesn’t fit in with what has been established earlier!

-snip-

It's not a claim. I'm simply relaying my memory of something I was told by someone who I consider a reliable source, and who was in a position to know - and whom I cannot reveal. In other words, this tidbit of ?! is on the order of hearsay. It goes in the "maybe basket," or the box with a big ? on its side. Frame this as "Did Hubbard stay for a time with Jack Parsons after he returned from Cuba?"

Either I mention it, in passing, or I don't mention it. Which should I have done? Not mentioned it? I can't prove it. Should I have not mentioned it? There's so much secrecy and so much cover-up, and so many "make-peace" silence-agreements, that I think it's better to have mentioned something such as this, than not to have mentioned it.

In time, perhaps evidence will be presented. Until then, you'll have to be content with a black box with a ? on its side. To me, it's only important if Parsons and Hubbard spent time collaborating on what was to become early (1952) Scientology and there's no evidence, or suggestion of any evidence, that that occurred, even if they did meet again in 1951.

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
Comment re Parsons Hubbard

The friendship with Parsons was on the rocks in 1946, after Hubbard stole his boat - and his girl, see case docs here:

http://www.lermanet.com/scientology-and-occult/parsons-vs-hubbard.htm

Teaser: (Note- in 1946 a $5000 house would sell for 500,000 today, so multiply $ amounts by 100 for gravity of the situation)
more suit docs at url

Book 775 page 85

ORDER APPOINTING RECEIVER

IN THE CIRCUIT COURT FOR THE 11th JUDICIAL DISTRICT OF FLORIDA, IN AND FOR DADE COUNTY, FLORIDA IN CHANCERY No. 101634

John W. Parsons

vs

Lafayette Ron Hubbard and
Sara Elizabeth Northrup

This cause coming to be heard upon the Bill of Complaint as well as the plaintiff's prayer for a receiever without otice , and from an examination of the Bill of Complaint and the proof submitted the Court is of the opinion that a receiever ought to be appointed herein, and that receiver ought to be appointed without notice of the defendent.
IT IS, THEREFORE, CONSIDERED, ORDERED, ADJUDGED and DECREED: That W. F. Reinhardt be, and he is hereby appointed Receiver in this cause, and said receiever is hereby directed and empowered and commanded to immediately take into physical possession the following:

1. The funds on deposit in the name of Lafayette Ron Hubbard, and, or, Sara Elizabeth Northrup, and, or, Allied Enterprises, or Allied Enterprises, a partnership or co-partnership, in any bank or trust company within the jurisdiction of this court.

2. Any property, personal or real, found in the possession of the defendants herein within the jurisdiction of this court.

3. Any property, either personal or real, which the defendants may own jointly or severally, found within the jurisdiction of this court

4. The yachts herinafter described and the property contained

BOOK 775 page 86

in said yachts, and on board said yachts, whether same be monies, securities, furnishings, luxuries or otherwise as follows:
a. That certain schooner, "Harpoon", now located at Howard Bond's Yacht Harbor, County Causeway, Miami, Dade County, Florida, according to best informtion of the plaintiff.
b. That certain auxiliary schooner, "Blue Water, II", location unknown, but believed to be within the jurisdiction of the this Court.
c. That cerain yacht, "Diane", location unknown, but believed to be within the jurisdiction of this court.
IT IS FURTHER CONSIDERED, ORDERED, ADJUDGED and DECREED:
That the Receiver be, and he is hereby required to enter into a Receiver's Bond, conditinal upon his faithful performance of his duties herein the sum of $1,000 by 5p.m. July 2, 1946.
DONE AND ORDERED
In chambers at Miami, Florida, on this 1st day of July, 1946.
Stanley Wisebridge (spelling of last name not sure )
Circuit Judge

The Agape Lodge of Parsons..

Agape FWIW, is the name of an early Christian free-love cult...(<100AD, like hippies on massive doses of faith...chanting "want to fool around? (in the name of the lawd LIKE the contemporary Children of God cult)

Last edited:

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Arnie,
I'm asking an actual question. You've been clicking Dislike every time I mention this book. Now, I know I said (because it does) that the events depicted therein conflict with what had been posted on the other thread. And I gather that there's some kind of bone of contention there. So this has prompted me to ask what is the reservation or point of trepidation or problem or whatever it is with the book Dianetics in Limbo?

It's a simple and politely worded question. Clicking a button does not answer the question.

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
Your question deserves its own thread, where folks inclined to discuss your topic may do so. I believe that here it and my reply is off topic.

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
It's not a claim. I'm simply relaying my memory of something I was told by someone who I consider a reliable source, and who was in a position to know - and whom I cannot reveal. In other words, this tidbit of ?! is on the order of hearsay. It goes in the "maybe basket," or the box with a big ? on its side. Frame this as "Did Hubbard stay for a time with Jack Parsons after he returned from Cuba?"

Either I mention it, in passing, or I don't mention it. Which should I have done? Not mentioned it? I can't prove it. Should I have not mentioned it? There's so much secrecy and so much cover-up, and so many "make-peace" silence-agreements, that I think it's better to have mentioned something such as this, than not to have mentioned it.

In time, perhaps evidence will be presented. Until then, you'll have to be content with a black box with a ? on its side. To me, it's only important if Parsons and Hubbard spent time collaborating on what was to become early (1952) Scientology and there's no evidence, or suggestion of any evidence, that that occurred, even if they did meet again in 1951.

Veda, thanks again for eaying they had seen this 1/10 document before me. and re what people say, all one can do is the best one can to put the information out there. eventually enough data become available to connect all the dots.

MANY of the heresays and speculations I posted about in 93/4/6 etc... have turned out to be true.

and I am very glad you posted the tidbit above, thank you.

Perhaps Parsons forgave Hubbard... for stealing his girlfriend and his boat... but I haven't forgiven him for stealing a decade of my life with his bullshit.

Arnie Lerma
I'd prefer to die speaking my mind than live fearing to speake

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
Quote from:

Exploring the Occult by Douglas Hunt (May 12, 1970)
From Chapter 14
Human Oddities
Aleister Crowley-"The great Beast"

page 183

"We must go back a little to the time when Crowley had discovered and deciphered
The Book of Sacred Magic of Abra-Melin the Mage, which dates from 1458, and contains detailed instructions for invoking both good and evil forces, and has a strangely malign influence on all who read it."

Veda

Sponsor
I'll have to go through my files - stored in boxes at a distant location - and take a look. There was '1/10th of 1%' of the early 1970s, and - from a later time - there were two pieces. One called 'Philadelphia', and another called 'Kenworthy'.

Philadelphia, which Jamie Dewolf read at the Flagdown, was the most relevant one. The dates of the latter two pieces are uncertain, but I've assumed they were from the early 1980s. None of them had dates affixed.

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
From FB: "Tony Ortega Arnie, it's clear now that the "Philadelphia" excerpt you had put online is part of the 1981 manuscript titled "The Telling of Me, By Me" that Jamie found and read on Friday. "One Tenth of One Percent" is a different 50-page manuscript Nibs wrote in 1972. I have that in its entirety. It's not anything like the stuff Jamie read out loud."

Veda

Sponsor
From FB: "Tony Ortega Arnie, it's clear now that the "Philadelphia" excerpt you had put online is part of the 1981 manuscript titled "The Telling of Me, By Me" that Jamie found and read on Friday. "One Tenth of One Percent" is a different 50-page manuscript Nibs wrote in 1972. I have that in its entirety. It's not anything like the stuff Jamie read out loud."

Mmmm.... When it's convenient I'll have a look at old long ago filed-away materials from Nibs. Earlier in this thread, 'Philadelphia' is described as being pages 22 - 27 of the early 1970s '1 tenth of 1 percent'. Was it? I recall the '1 tenth' piece, then two other items obtained from Nibs around 1985ish. One of those was several pages long and titled 'Philadelphia'.

Off hand, I don't recall 'Philadelphia' as being in '1 tenth', but maybe it was.

The small amount from '1%" used in 'Madman?', IIRC, has to do with "Dad's" behavior when Nibs' was kid. Angrily throwing dinner plates against the wall, etc.

I never heard of 'A Telling of Me by Me' before, but the 'Telling of Me', that was read by Jamie at Flagdown - once past the rambling intro part which sounds like some Nibs with some Jamie ghosting - is pure 'Philadelphia' excerpt, although the order of some of the content is rearranged. Jamie did say he did some editing.

Here's a link to a post, the first half of which is about Nibs (Ron Jr.):

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...l-Set-you-FREE&p=932338&viewfull=1#post932338