What's new

Exclusive: Bill Clinton, Tom Cruise Plotted to Use Tony Blair to Gain Tax Breaks for

Re: Exclusive: Bill Clinton, Tom Cruise Plotted to Use Tony Blair to Gain Tax Breaks

That is understandable to a degree, but I don't advise getting carried away seeing Co$ conspiratorial control behind the actions of every public person within six degrees of separation from Miscavige. :no:

Those of us here at esmb at least are, for the most part agreed, that Miscavige is a f#cking criminal @sshole and that he uses Cruise as a tool to promote his own agenda. Cruise has suffered a great deal of ignominy as a result of his relationship with Miscavige and in his role as an unofficial spokesperson for the church. That has not been a boon to him in his career and has cost him personally a great deal financially, personally, and in terms of his public reputation.

I'll worry about Tom when I've heard reliable reports of him ordering that members of his entourage beat deadbeats & no-case-gain members of his staff and that he subsequently & directly orders the offenders to be shipped off to his own private SP Hall where they remain locked up and routinely humiliated and degraded until they cognite on their overts and rehabilitate themselves in his eyes.

Meantime, TC is just some rich celebrity who has had wins in scientology and tries to help as best as he feels he can. Not much to worry about. I've known plenty of folks whose own involvement in scientology were not much different, including more than a few regular posters on esmb. Everyone cognites, but each at his own pace.

Mark A. Baker

Luckily YOU were not the one people listened to when Sci-spais applied for jobs at the FBI. Appyling for a job is not a conspiracy either.....but we know where it ended up. Talking to all sorts of lawyers, judges, friends of judges doesn't make a conspiracy either....but we know where it can end up when SCIENTOLOGY is doing the talking.
Tom Cruise spent a fair bit of time in Germany too, didn't he? Networking? We know where the COS wanted things to end up there.

J. Swift

Patron with Honors
Re: Exclusive: Bill Clinton, Tom Cruise Plotted to Use Tony Blair to Gain Tax Breaks

Swifty.What happened in Hamburg was interesting, but nothing has changed in the eyes of the public at large, who still consider Scientology to be only slightly preferable to case of rabies.
Smilla, I never said there was a new Scientology juggernaut. That is Veda's description. I merely said that mainstream media is friendly to the Indies when it reports on them.

/////

Veda

Sponsor

Veda, since when is expressing sympathy black Scientology? If you felt introverted by me it is something going on inside of your own head.

The Indies are gaining momentum such that it must feel like a juggernaut to DM.

The Indies are here Veda.
Get over it.

/////

Re-read what I wrote. Your attempt failed. And yet you try again. Bizarre. Your so called "expression of sympathy" comes with a dagger attached. You are not an honest player, J. Swift. I thought you were at one time, but either I was mistaken or you have changed.

As for Marty Rathbun's Independent Scientologists "gaining momentum," I am only mildly interested. Most people leaving organized Scientology cease being Scientologists after a few months or a few years. It happened before, decades ago, when another group of Independent Scientologists left the organization. Today, most are no longer Scientologists. That's the way it works. People change and grow, and eventually "graduate" from Scientology.

I went through a similar process myself after leaving organized Scientology, became loosely associated with a break-away mission, did quite a bit of auditing, and then continued my examination of the newly exposed inner workings of Scientology.

My problem with Marty Rathbun is that he lies about Hubbard's Scientology and about Hubbard. He's still very much in the Hubbard cult mind-set.

You are not helping him by being a shill for him. He needs more time to evolve beyond the Scientology mental-healing-coated mind-trap. Shills and fawning acolytes will only delay, or possibly prevent, that evolution.

As for Scientology, I have written many times that it contains both positives and negatives, and that these require "sorting out," and that there is some good in Scientology that can be salvaged. Once this is done, however, the bits and pieces of Scientology that remain can no longer be realistically described as Scientology.

I support anything Marty Rathbun does that brings to light the truth about Scientology, however, I will not overlook his willingness to ignore unpleasant facts about Hubbard's Scientology and Hubbard himself.

J. Swift

Patron with Honors

Veda: An attached dagger?

Please, you sound like a Scientologist.

Will you next demand that I submit to a sec check?

Veda

Sponsor

Veda: An attached dagger?

Please, you sound like a Scientologist.

Will you next demand that I submit to a sec check?

Yea, yea, whatever.

I'm done with you for now Swift, until the next wave of Independent Scientology PR arrives at ESMB by way of your posts.

:headspin::seeya::headspin:

J. Swift

Patron with Honors

Veda, bye bye ... and you still have my sympathy. :)

Veda, the media coverage of Scientology is mainstream and draws a great deal of interest. As I said, there are no mainstream journalists, academics, or popular authors who oppose Independent Scientology.

/////
Does it really draw a great deal of interest? The Westboro Baptist Church has about five members and gets at least a 100x more media coverage. The only media interest in groups like Scientology and The Westboro Baptist Church is for their freakshow entertainment value. The Westboro Baptist Church does a better job at marketing their trainwreck, the cult still hasn't figured out it's only marketable attribute is it's trainwreck.

And as far as opposing Independent Scientology, who is going to bother, nobody gives a shit about the really cult, why would they bother with a handful of people who want to indulge in batshit crazy Scientology outside of the cult?

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

. . . Rathbun, who was the Inspector General of the Religious Technology Centre until 2004, said that he would audit Cruise - the Scienotology equivalent to the confessional - and then he would call Clinton or his staff in Harlem. . .

I wonder if Tom would have acted the way he had were it not for his "auditing" at the hands of Marty.

The fact that Scientology has been active in this regard is hardly news. Morton's piece certainly supplements the details concerning Scientology extending its influence into the actions of the US State Department which has been on-going for ten years since at least 1997, as confirmed by a leaked cable discussed in The Guardian last year.

The machinations became abundantly apparent in 1997 when Bertram Fields organised the "Open Letter" to the then German Chancellor Helmut Kohl. That action was followed up with a caper involving a German Scientologist seeking political asylum in the US for fear of persecution - a claim subsequently proven to be fraudulent. Later that same year, John Travolta was in the press after meeting personally with Clinton seeking assistance with Scientology's cause in Europe. Still in 1997, Travolta gets together with Chuck Corea and Isaac Hayes to appear before the Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe (aka the Helsinki Commission) for another bleat. The Germans responded with a statement that Scientology's "pseudo-scientific courses can seriously jeopardize individuals' mental and physical health and that it exploits its members", adding that "membership can lead to psychological and physical dependency, to financial ruin, and even to suicide. In addition, there are indications that Scientology poses a threat to Germany's basic political principles."

Now, according to Marty, it seems that Scientology was using its clout to get the US to interfere in the domestic affairs of the UK, reinforcing the German government's statement as to the pernicious nature of the cult. Thing is, the UK has known about Scientology ever since Hubbard was chased off the island. There have been innumerable indications including the 1984 High Court Judge Latey's open court judgement in which he described Scientology as "immoral, socially obnoxious, corrupt, sinister, and dangerous".

Given these latest supplementary details from Marty, I wonder if there isn't sufficient reason for the US to re-examine Scientology's "religion" status and IRS agreement? Where's the information surrounding that little caper? Hopefully he'll be talking to some US politicians upon his return.

In the meantime, Scientologists no longer attached to the cult were never subject to any discrimination the whole time . . . except from Scientology itself, as per Scripture. Nothing has changed. So what's new? Just Marty trying to draw an illusory distinction between David Miscavige and L Ron Hubbard. KSW all the way.

Last edited:

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball

<snip>.. there are no mainstream journalists, academics, or popular authors who oppose Independent Scientology. </snip>
Hmm.. That looks just like a durn PR target in a steenkin' OSA programme!

Whatever.. There is no rational reason to trust 'Independent Scientology, or scientologists' at all! - Experience with Hubbardian mindbending has illuminated the likely future for us..

.. And I still think that Mr.Rathbun's revolution is an 'official' OSA programme to salvage Scientology's public image and brand name.

I expect Independent Scientology to become every bit as poisonous to humanity as the current incarnation of the Sinister Scam Cult of Scientology.

:yes: