What's new

Exes and protesting

Opter

Silver Meritorious Patron
I am so happy for you.:happydance:

I remember my first protest with Tory. I visited her and she asked me if I would come to a protest. I agreed and we picketed the HGB building and AOLA.

It was before anons came on the scene and we had only six picketers.

Even though it was very confronting for me,it was a wonderful experience and it was fun.

Since then I went to quite few protests and I love it.

Opter

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I am so happy for you.:happydance:

I remember my first protest with Tory. I visited her and she asked me if I would come to a protest. I agreed and we picketed the HGB building and AOLA.

It was before anons came on the scene and we had only six picketers.

Even though it was very confronting for me,it was a wonderful experience and it was fun.

Since then I went to quite few protests and I love it.

Opter

I think picketing with Tory would be such fun and lots of giggles?

You are a pioneer indeed, wow.

Wisened One

Crusader
Oh FTS! :hug: It musta been thrilling to be there! :)

I have never attended/participated in a Protest. I hope to one day,soon! :yes:

byte301

Crusader
That's great news FTS! I hope more exes go do at least one protest. It really is cathartic. My emotions were all over the place the first time I protested.

It really is a sort of closure. Very freeing. I feel great every time I protest.:yes:

LRonAnon

Patron
All that self-empowerment and free caek, what more could you hope for on a lazy Saturday afternoon.

Glad you made the adventure.

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
So pleased for you!

:clap: Well done. There's a good deal of difference between getting yourself out, and deciding to face your personal demons and help to make some more people think about leaving.

It's a catharsis. Once you've stood with the protesters, or just gone close enough to hear what they have to say, you realize that they aren't religious bigots. They aren't a hate group. They aren't being paid by the drug companies either. That's the end phenomenon, and the Con of Ron dies there and then.

Those who still have a spouse or children on the inside still have a long way to go, but I think that a piece of cake and a hug from an unknown friend can sustain you for quite a long time.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
:clap: Well done. There's a good deal of difference between getting yourself out, and deciding to face your personal demons and help to make some more people think about leaving.

It's a catharsis. Once you've stood with the protesters, or just gone close enough to hear what they have to say, you realize that they aren't religious bigots. They aren't a hate group. They aren't being paid by the drug companies either. That's the end phenomenon, and the Con of Ron dies there and then.

Those who still have a spouse or children on the inside still have a long way to go, but I think that a piece of cake and a hug from an unknown friend can sustain you for quite a long time.

Absolutely!!
And it's different from watching videos or looking at photos too.

Opter

Silver Meritorious Patron
I think picketing with Tory would be such fun and lots of giggles?

You are a pioneer indeed, wow.

Yes, we had lots of fun and giggles.

The best part was when after the protest, we all went to an after protest party, where I met so many famous SPs and heard lots of interesting stories.:yes: And they were so NICE.:omg:

Opter

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
Great stuff FTS!

I know how much attending a protest means to you and what a journey it has been for you personally! :thumbsup:

Remember back then, on that first Februray Anon protest when you watched it spread around the world? And how we cried, you and I?

All those years of scientology control can fade away like a dream!

And we shine!

xxxxxx

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Having just been to my first protest I wanted to share my perspective on it.

Great post FTS! I'll actually be going to MY first protest next weekend at the Megaraid in Boston. Hope to see some of you there! :yes:

They aren't being paid by the drug companies either.

What??! :omg: You mean I'm not gonna get checks from Eli Lilly?? :confused2:

That's the most ridiculous lie that OSA puts out to Black PR the Anons in their briefings to staff. The way the economy is these days we could get hundreds (actually thousands in some of the bigger cities) to protest at every org weekly if Big Pharma was passing out checks.

Mystic

Crusader
Having just been to my first protest I wanted to share my perspective on it.

Back in 2008 when the first Anonymous protests and raids began, like so many others I sat in awe watching thousands of people around the world standing outside orgs and saying "Enough!" I cried buckets sometimes watching numerous videos, especially when it was places I knew personally...the sheer size and impact of this phenomena was immense. Here were unknown people doing what I/we could not do, speak up and disagree, David and Goliath.

I made it my monthly task to collect and post the picket reports from around the world as they were posted, there were so many, and each time it was a joy and a wonder to see it continue. It was not an overnight sensation, these guys were here to stay. Some months I posted just wanting to remind exes that this was happening, that once out from under the short circuit scientology thinking, there were ways to publicly express disagreement.

Because of where I lived and it being hard for me to walk, I didn't think I would ever go to a protest, and that has changed now. Yesterday standing outside Melbourne org, that dirty, old and sad building where so much happened to me, was a watershed moment. I really didn't think it would affect me so much although I had been told by others who had done it that it would. I can't yet really explain it ...it's like a sort of closure. It is facing the unknown fears... it is standing tall and being who you are.

One anon told me I was "full of win"....I didn't hear properly at first and thought he said "wind"! I had hugs, smiles and a sense of real curiosity from the anons...here was another who represented the people they are fighting for. One lovely girl told me I was so brave, with tears in her eyes - goodness me I am not that brave, it's the other way around! I love the music, the dancing and the cake, the full of LIFE feeling in direct comparison to the shuttered, sour and fearful energy coming from the org and people who are supposed to be able to be free and communicate. It is really quite incredible to experience.

I know that there is a sometimes quite long period after coming out of scientology where you find your feet and start to be able to take different viewpoints. It is different for each of us depending on our experiences and lives. I know some exes feel that Anonymous is nothing to do with them, or that there is little point going to a protest. I just want to say that for me at least, this isn't true.

It is totally worth the effort to face any fears, to prepare and actually go and stand outside the place you worked and say "Enough!" It really, really is.

Try it for yourself. Go masked if you need to, lurk around the corner and watch or just wander by. Or go as yourself and speak or just hold a sign. It will change you, and also help lay the ghosts to rest. And Anons love us being there as well. You should hear the laughter when they hear churchies are told they are being paid!

The walls are cracking - go and experience it!

AbsoFKNlutely great! Made my day!