What's new

Exes who have OSA pasts

Good twin

Floater
I think it's gone ok. No flaming on this thread. By now, I think there'd have been some if it was destined...

I wrote it because of something I saw the other day, actually.

I really wanted to make this point. It's about the double standard. I've not seen any other post bringing this up. I needed to say it.

Fair enough. :)

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Ahhhh an outspoken woman, one of your many truly fine qualities Pooks:)

Thank you for posting from your heart. It is very much appreciated by myself.

The GO and OSA are but two of the more obvious names put to units of organized scientology wherein was found insane and abusive actions. And there were other units of organized scientology in whose name equally crazy actions were taken, all based on crazy Hubbard policies that were often followed. RTC, WDC, CMO, Author Services (for example) come to mind.

For that matter, I suspect that insane and abusive actions that constantly hurt innocent people are carried out every day throughout organized scientology by regs, ethics officers and others in orgs around the world where families are financially destroyed through crush regging or more directly through such things as insane ethics conditions and disconnection.

You have had the courage to speak out Patty and you have been doing so for years. You have nothing more for which to appologise. You are doing something about it and you have helped people though getting out the truth in many ways. Thank you!!!

Scientology is built with many inherently evil policies and insanities written into many policies. I believe that the good intentions of many ex staff like yourself were prayed upon by a madman and many immature and/or misled people who destroyed others for what ended up being worldly gain, all in the name of a questionably beneficial, outdated 1950s-type of therapy administered by highly unqualified practioners while cloaked in religion.

How could it not get crazy trying to support and defend that?

IMO

Nicely stated :thumbsup:

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
The GO and OSA are but two of the more obvious names put to units of organized scientology wherein was found insane and abusive actions. And there were other units of organized scientology in whose name equally crazy actions were taken, all based on crazy Hubbard policies that were often followed. RTC, WDC, CMO, Author Services (for example) come to mind.

For that matter, I suspect that insane and abusive actions that constantly hurt innocent people are carried out every day throughout organized scientology by regs, ethics officers and others in orgs around the world where families are financially destroyed through crush regging or more directly through such things as insane ethics conditions and disconnection.

You have had the courage to speak out Patty and you have been doing so for years. You have nothing more for which to appologise. You are doing something about it and you have helped people though getting out the truth in many ways. Thank you!!!

Scientology is built with many inherently evil policies and insanities written into many policies. I believe that the good intentions of many ex staff like yourself were prayed upon by a madman and many immature and/or misled people who destroyed others for what ended up being worldly gain, all in the name of a questionably beneficial, outdated 1950s-type of therapy administered by highly unqualified practioners while cloaked in religion.

IMO

what he said.

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
Ahhhh an outspoken woman, one of your many truly fine qualities Pooks:)

Thank you for posting from your heart. It is very much appreciated by myself.

IMO

I don't think I ever told you how nice a man I think you are. You are truly my hero and someone I look up to in this big crazy game of exposing Scn.

Your kindness and courage and words are deeply appreciated.

Nicole

Silver Meritorious Patron
<snip> I won’t allow fear to control me anymore.

Enough.

And so all that tl;dr is just to let you know that yes, I’m an EX OSA retard, and truly apologize for that and have done my best to make up for damages done, but that don’t mean I’m going to sit back and let retards spread fear and lie about shit I know about

Good post! :yes: Sometimes I have found me inside it, but...

I am at the begining of my journey and it does hurt me very much, if people think or say I am still OSA.

Sometimes I forget that only I know who I am and where I stand. Nobody other is able to see inside me. When I look at this, I understand the scepticism against my person. But when an Ex OSA after years in the "fight" against Co$ still gets confront with his/her OSA past and there is still a sceptism against this person I can't understand it!

Ladybird

Silver Meritorious Patron
Pooks, that was an awesome post. I couldn't have said it better my self. I know you and I haven't always seen eye to eye, but I think in a way it is because of our mind-soul raped OSA past. It is hard to deal with, but at least you and I and a few others are still alive and kicking. We are still standing! Lot's of our compadres are dead or disappeared.

Thank you for speaking up and speaking out.

Well behaved women rarely make history. http://www.amazon.com/Well-Behaved-...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1240829209&sr=1-2

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Hmm.. Has anybody been pestering Pooks about her GO/OSA past?

Really?

I've been giving her some 'flack' in response to her quoting bloody RFW to malign the reputation of a (banned) poster.. If circumstances repeats, I'll do it again btw!

Other than that I got nothing against Pooks.. I might even give her a hug and a pat on the bum.. (I'll be prepared to duck!)

I do not have a general mistrust of anybody because of their GO/OSA past.. A past which I share. I was in the bleedin' Guardian's Office too! - And it was what cured me of pernicious scientolochosis!

This thread brings up an interesting aspect though.. Looks to me like former GO/OSA are those who really saw the scam and fraud for what it really is. They are 'more' out than former scilons who were public and experienced only the protected 'safe environment' in the 'Service Org's'.

Right.. The bloody Guardian's Office, and thus OSA, was setup precisely to 'protect' Scientology and enable the scam to be conducted without disturbance.. So, no surprize there..

I could make a convincing argument for former GO/OSA staff being the more trustworthy and reliable it seems?

But fact is that I'm suspicious of people who can read the bloody Bolivar Policy and the Condition Formulas without immediatly rejecting it as profoundly evil and maliciously manipulating.. And, yes, I did read that shit myself, without doing anything to stop the insanity! - Makes it even more scary in my view..

And sadly.. Like I've mentioned elsewhere.. I'd expect treachery from my own mum, if she was a scientologist.. That's what I learnt in Scientology!

:yes:

Moosejewels

Patron Meritorious
They are 'more' out than former scilons who were public and experienced only the protected 'safe environment' in the 'Service Org's'.

:yes:
I was one of those "protected" public until my blind enthusiasm and obedience led me to work with the local CCHR. I had a dislike of psychiatrists and psychologists before my scientology days so I was a natural fit in the CCHR. And that brought me into contact with persons and activities in the GO. I knew it existed, but I had to ask what the GO actually did to safeguard scientology, because I was clueless. I wasn't privy to a lot, but people tended to brag of their adventures in the GO. I must admit the glamour of the GO was enticing. Until I figured out what these people were really up to. Holy crap !

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
I was one of those "protected" public until my blind enthusiasm and obedience led me to work with the local CCHR. I had a dislike of psychiatrists and psychologists before my scientology days so I was a natural fit in the CCHR. And that brought me into contact with persons and activities in the GO. I knew it existed, but I had to ask what the GO actually did to safeguard scientology, because I was clueless. I wasn't privy to a lot, but people tended to brag of their adventures in the GO. I must admit the glamour of the GO was enticing. Until I figured out what these people were really up to. Holy crap !
I, too, dislike psychiatrists/try and I, too, showed up at the local CCHR to help out. But I had enough sense to get out of there as soon as someone suggested I should be offered a staff contract.

Helena

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
I grew up with a family that had a couple psychiatrists as family friends. I knew them to be nice people. So after I was in Scn a little while and started reading more and more about Hubbard's thoughts about them, I was kind of chagrined. I knew the people my folks had known weren't SPs.

I'm not a big fan of the more invasive methods but over time, I've come to see that there are people who need psychiatric medications. Some people just can't deal with life otherwise. It depends on the person. Some people could make due with just talk therapy. But there are chemical imbalances and other things.

I've learned that as soon as one puts arbitraries in the mix (something is always good or is never good) then you have a problem.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
I can't understand hating psychiatry/psychiatrists. I CAN understand hating the abuses of people or their human rights in the name of "research", or dehumanizing attitudes that SOME BUT NOT ALL psychiatrists or research groups have which infect psychiatry at times. One of the worst examples was early in their existence, when they were used by and sometimes indistinguishable from the eugenics movement.

Psychiatry has come a long way, baby, but I agree they still have a LONG way to go.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
I can't understand hating psychiatry/psychiatrists. I CAN understand hating the abuses of people or their human rights in the name of "research", or dehumanizing attitudes that SOME BUT NOT ALL psychiatrists or research groups have which infect psychiatry at times. One of the worst examples was early in their existence, when they were used by and sometimes indistinguishable from the eugenics movement.

Psychiatry has come a long way, baby, but I agree they still have a LONG way to go.

I agree with everything you've said here.

For one thing, the field of psychology has many distinct and varying schools of thought and practice. "Psychs" truly aren't all the same. For another, the church of Scn refuses to help any illegal pc; nor will it help anyone who's got serious mental issues. On such occasions that it has attempted to deal with people who had psychotic breaks or were schizophrenic, they failed miserably. Lisa McPherson, Jeremy Perkins- other cases. All ended tragically.

So they won't help anyone and when they do their little half assed thing with the vitamins and whatnot, it doesn't work out. And then the cult has the nerve to say it wants to abolish psychiatry!!! OMG! :omg:

happy easter!

it is nice to come across some information about the mysterious B1 but i've never seen any mention of B2. i was gven to understand by a person who might know that assasination was part of the B2 portfolio

Gadfly

Crusader
I think both of those statements could be challenged successfully VC. :yes:

I have no docs. But think money. Lots and lots of money. :whistling:

mm&I

Yeah, no doubt. Lots of MONEY sure greases the machinery of "CSW approval" when it comes to things like petitions. :yes:

It is probably that money can but lots of "amends". Or, "effective blows against the enemy of the group one was pretending to be a part of". The person with less money has a far greater difficulty getting done what is required to bend the rules of "PC acceptability". And just the fact of a large stash of cash being possibly available for the draining is an attractive thing for any reg or Scientology church.

I have seen people BUY the amends or effective blow necessary to make for a fast and easy CSW approval.

++++++

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
I think both of those statements could be challenged successfully VC. :yes:

I have no docs. But think money. Lots and lots of money. :whistling:

mm&I

No. I checked. They will NOT audit ANY illegal pc. However, they will waste his or her time with vitamin therapies and stuff. See Jeremy Perkins.