What's new

Exes who have OSA pasts

uniquemand

Unbeliever
The term "illegal PC" refers to clients of scientology services who they deem either unworthy of their services or incapable of obtaining the results they claim would otherwise be normal for those services. It is, in effect, a screening method they have developed, ostensibly to prevent lawsuits and disappointments.

Outside of scientology organizations, or organizations run by people adhering to scientology policy, such a term is completely meaningless.

People are typically capable of improving their own lives in their own estimation. It may be that some conditions resist improvement (hard to improve things for yourself while you are in a coma or otherwise incapacitated), and they may be delusional in what they consider to be an improvement, but it would be hard to imagine a conscious individual who couldn't conceive a way to improve conditions for themselves and in their environment.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Most Free Zoners are willing to audit some pcs who may've been considered "illegal" by CofS. They go case by case basis. No pun intended.

But me? I don't audit nobody nohow. I'm all about taking, not giving. :coolwink::wink2:

Lovinglife625

Patron with Honors
it is nice to come across some information about the mysterious B1 but i've never seen any mention of B2. i was gven to understand by a person who might know that assasination was part of the B2 portfolio

"B1" is short for "Bureau 1" (of the Guardians Office). It was the "Intel" Bureau. B2 was the PR Bureau; B3 was the Legal Bureau, B4 the Finance Bureau, B5 was the Service Bureau (that serviced the rest of the GO with training, auditing, etc.) and B6 was the Social Coordination Bureau that ran front groups like Narconon and Applied Scholastics.

Here is a link to a short video I did with Tory Christman at her place last month that talks about those bureaus and where each went after the GO was "disbanded":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOdxXrHGmco

I hope this helps.

Petey C

Silver Meritorious Patron
Pooks, an amazing post and thanks for filling in the back story for us. Your comments on bullies specially resonated with me.

I left Scn before OSA was a gleam in anyone's eye (though B1 was in existence) so it's not anything I've experienced. And in my experience B1 rarely if ever went after exes, as OSA seems to do now. Maybe that's just because there are a whole lot of more of us now and what we say is much more visible and therefore "dangerous" to Scn.

While I don't want to put down anyone's painful or negative experiences with OSA, I also wonder whether we're sometimes seeing spooks where none exist. One of my ex bosses -- a seriously heavyweight intellectual, a Larry Summers kind of guy -- once said to me, if there's a choice between thinking something's a conspiracy or a fuck-up, go for the fuck-up every time. He's right of course -- but he wasn't living in an ex Scn universe.

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
It is, in effect, a screening method they have developed, ostensibly to prevent lawsuits and disappointments.

It's to prevent lawsuits/PR Flaps - aka suicide attempts etc. Most Cof$ auditing provides disappointment.

But it is yet another point of demise for them since nowadays many, many people who would be looking for a "therapy" would be considered by them "illegal".

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
it is nice to come across some information about the mysterious B1 but i've never seen any mention of B2. i was gven to understand by a person who might know that assasination was part of the B2 portfolio
Nah, you've been misinformed. B2 is/was PR and the only assassinations ever contemplated there are "character assassinations".

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
I grew up with a family that had a couple psychiatrists as family friends. I knew them to be nice people. So after I was in Scn a little while and started reading more and more about Hubbard's thoughts about them, I was kind of chagrined. I knew the people my folks had known weren't SPs.

I'm not a big fan of the more invasive methods but over time, I've come to see that there are people who need psychiatric medications. Some people just can't deal with life otherwise. It depends on the person. Some people could make due with just talk therapy. But there are chemical imbalances and other things.

I've learned that as soon as one puts arbitraries in the mix (something is always good or is never good) then you have a problem.
I suppose what you say is true. I'm not totally discounting psychiatric methods. But there is too much emphasis upon things like medication.

But in my last lifetime, I was very much f****d over by psychiatrists. What happened to me I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

In many cases, the goal is to turn the client into a total effect. If it were up to me, and my only two choices were leaving the system as it is, or totally eliminating it, I would eliminate it.

Helena

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
No. I checked. They will NOT audit ANY illegal pc. However, they will waste his or her time with vitamin therapies and stuff. See Jeremy Perkins.

Jan Eastgate, at the top of CCHR, started out as an "illegal pc", and never looked back. That is why her faith is so unshakeable now.

Psychs are like anyone else in the 'caring' professions of medicine, welfare etc., and come in good and bad packages just like any other "care-giver".

uniquemand

Unbeliever
I suppose what you say is true. I'm not totally discounting psychiatric methods. But there is too much emphasis upon things like medication.

But in my last lifetime, I was very much f****d over by psychiatrists. What happened to me I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

In many cases, the goal is to turn the client into a total effect. If it were up to me, and my only two choices were leaving the system as it is, or totally eliminating it, I would eliminate it.

Helena

Well, sorry to hear that you got f****d over by psychiatrists. Perhaps you would elucidate? Perhaps not: not trying to pry, just trying to get an idea of why you think this. I've certainly seen what you are saying happen.

My own view is that there are some conditions which are entirely generated by the nervous system. There are some that, due to feedback loops, cannot be treated only at the psychological level, and need medical intervention to break the loop, at which point psychological interventions can be successful. Then there are those which are entirely psychological, for which prescribing medicine can at best act as a bandaid, and more often be useless.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball

Helena
Hmm.. Psychiatry is not that old.. Never mind Hubbard want's to fib us that they've been around for 123 quadrillion years.. No, they're only a couple of hundred years old, as a profession. They 'emerged' in parallel with regular medicine and doctors..

Now, as for mistreating people, regular doctors did that too! - Before bacteria and hygiene was discovered they practically killed everybody they 'operated' on, and they operated on lots of people. Mothers died routinely from infections aquired in childbirth.. Ermm.. And this was before anaestics was invented too!

Then there's the 'intent' with medicine and Psychiatry.. It's to heal the sick and save lives! - That was the intent when they sawed a mans leg off with 'bourbon' as a painkiller, and he died 3 days later from infections.

Psychiatry intends to help the mentally sick.. They don't know much, but they know more than they did a hundred years ago.. And they know a damn sight more than Hubbard at any rate!

Next little 'gripe' I have about Hubbard's hatepropaganda about 'psychs', is that 'psychs' actually did NOT perpetrate the most evil stuff on people!

Religion did that! - Kings and warlords did that!

Religion was responsible for the infamous institution 'The Spanish Inquisition'.. People were tortured to death.. It was quite the usual thing in the dark ages anyway.. Various religions making up the organized torture, maiming and killing.. For not believing!

Kings and warlords tortured, maimed and killed for insufficient loyalty and a lot of other things.. Real or imagined.. Didn't take much to get yer head lopped off! - Sientologists will be familiar with the 'mindset' from study of the 'Bolivar PL'..

And I'm sure I don't have to remind you.. But the religions, kings and warlords down through history didn't set up their 'justice organizations' with any intent to 'help' their 'clients'..

So.. It seems to me that chances are that 'Religion' or a 'Warlord' fucked you over in a previous life.. Psychiatrists haven't been around that long..

:unsure:

Last edited:

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Jan Eastgate, at the top of CCHR, started out as an "illegal pc", and never looked back. That is why her faith is so unshakeable now.

Psychs are like anyone else in the 'caring' professions of medicine, welfare etc., and come in good and bad packages just like any other "care-giver".

Illegal pcs are run through the dreary endless succession of petitioning for each action. In Hubbard's day, more petitions were approved than in DM's day. In fact, there's even a PL where Hubbard says to approve more petitions, even if the person had ECT. But as the organization becomes more and more and more paranoid, it becomes all about security.

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
Illegal pcs are run through the dreary endless succession of petitioning for each action. In Hubbard's day, more petitions were approved than in DM's day. In fact, there's even a PL where Hubbard says to approve more petitions, even if the person had ECT. But as the organization becomes more and more and more paranoid, it becomes all about security.

DM's regime probably just uses "illegal pc" status as one more angle to extract cash. But it's all bullshit. It's just a defensive thing to prevent scn from ending up in the paper or evening news. It's too late to help them at this point.