ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Experiences using 'Self Analysis' book

Discussion in 'Scientology Technology' started by Veda, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Self Analysis is perhaps the simplest and least manipulative book by Ron Hubbard. Unfortunately, it's not representative of the rest of Scientology.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This thread invites comments by those who have used the
    'Self Analysis' book.
    Full disclosure: After leaving the organization in 1983, at the "pc's" request, I spent a month, with a meter, auditing the "pc" on "Self Analysis'. The gains were excellent, and made the rest of the auditing on Dianetics R3R, the Lower Grades, and other Scientology processes easier, inclining some NOTs (so the "pc" could get a sense of what it was like to audit a "BT," with him the auditor and me, across the table, the C/S.) NOTs was a brief action to satisfy the "pc's" curiosity.

In short, the "pc" was given a tour of Scientology levels - minus the hypnotic ("Hubbard's case") levels of OT2 and OT 3.

Would I do it again? No, I'm not naive enough.

Any thoughts?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    Dulloldfart likes this.
  2. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

Self Analysis book auditing?
    Yes, doing mental exercises can produce a brain endorphin effect. :)

The brain endorphin effect can cause "cog, VGIs, F/N".
    The e-meter effect is because the brain also affects skin resistance to electric current.
    (However, false memories can also cause this to happen.)

Operating DB likes this.
  3. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Good video. :)

In the early 90s for maybe a year the HQS course was on SO members' basic training. I supervised maybe a dozen fresh staff on it, mostly teenagers recruited for Bridge by Gavin Potter. Few if any had had any prior auditing. They learned the (simplified) basics of auditing, and got to give and receive auditing on two SA lists, tending to average about 10-15 hours each. They mostly did well at it.

I loved delivering the HQS course to them. It was likely the only auditing they would ever get apart from sec checks -- which don't really count -- and certainly the only tech training. There were people who'd been in the Flag Bureaux, managing service orgs, who had had zero auditing or tech training, often after years. Which is part of why, on the receiving end in a service org, one got such silly orders. Part of why, not all of why!

Anyway, I liked SA. Harmless, nay, gently beneficial even.

(Would I recommend it to anyone now? No, because it doesn't exist in a vacuum -- it might make a person think Scientology is worth getting into more.)

Paul

Veda and Bill like this.
  4. Xenu Xenu Xenu

Xenu Xenu Xenu Patron Meritorious

I used to use the book on myself. It never failed to make me fidget or make me sleepy, sometimes both in the same "session".

5. pineapple

pineapple Silver Meritorious Patron

I never did 'em. I was quickied on the HQS course. They graduated my twin and me after we finished CCH's 1-4 and Op Pro by Dup. We were both on a big win, and I guess they desperately needed the stat.

I could've turned to the front of the course pack and pointed to "Tech Degrades," but it never occurred to me to do that. Besides, I wanted to get onto the HSDC (dianetics course). So I let it go.

6. Emma

Emma Con te partirò Administrator

I never received much of it but delivered quite a bit of it. I never saw anyone not have some sort of win in session. These would range from “I had remembered that wrongly and I feel better” to “now I understand why I respond a certain way”. It all seemed harmless back then and still does.

Dulloldfart likes this.
  7. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

Yes, there's lots of ways to release endorphin's, including some of what's listed here:
    How to Release Endorphins
    https://www.wikihow.com/Release-Endorphins

Just last night I was told that rubbing a dog behind his ears can release endorphins.
    (in the dog, not the person doing the rubbing) :D

8. Emma

Yeah right.

9. Type4_PTS

10. Emma

I bet you love a good ear scratch. Does your leg move when you are getting scritched?

11. Type4_PTS

It depends upon who's doing it.