Expert Reveals: WHY A SCN THINKS YOU LEFT COS

Ted

Gold Meritorious Patron
I will try to answer "as a Scientologist" here. There are a couple of case outnesses if left unhandled will make a person worse. (I'm surprised Bea didn't weigh in here) The most deadly one being "Out List". If the person is out list and doesn't get it handled he will deteriorate fast according to Hubbard.

This explains why a few months ago one of my local OhTees came over to show me a reference on out list and wrong indications to see if it "indicated" to me.

It didn't. :eyeroll:

I find that "no verbal data, show a reference" thing quite irritating.

I feel that if someone has something they wish for me to understand then they should man-up and talk to me instead of putting a piece of paper in my face.

The last time that happened it was a Stop Service Order rapidly followed with a Non-Enturbulation Order. They are quite attractive on goldenrod with my name on the top. :omg: :roflmao:

Terril park

Sponsor
Well, they can't blame the evil transcriptionists for that.

It'll probably become known as the evil Telefunken Tape Conspiracy!
I can imagine an excerpt from the release of the newly fantastically re-mastered DM/GAT collection that goes something like,
"... those old magnetic tapes suffered from print-thru which garbled the sentences, what he really said was..." :D

This project has been underway for some time.

You serious?

Div6

Crusader
I find that "no verbal data, show a reference" thing quite irritating.

I feel that if someone has something they wish for me to understand then they should man-up and talk to me instead of putting a piece of paper in my face.

The last time that happened it was a Stop Service Order rapidly followed with a Non-Enturbulation Order. They are quite attractive on goldenrod with my name on the top. :omg: :roflmao:

Golden Dawn
Golden Age of Tech
Golden Age of Materials
Goldenrod...........

Hmmmmm, I beginning to see a pattern here.

ChronicEnturbulator

Patron with Honors
It's because that they were...

*Duun-DUN-DUUUUUN*

Marcabian/psyche/communist/nazi/German/squirrel/Anonymous infiltrators all along!

...and they were stopped JUST IN TIME!

(unlike, the infiltrators still-in that haven't been caught... Sleep tight OSA...)

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
You serious?
Not really, Terril.

The actual project underway is the sanitising of certain statements and overly revealing passages. I'm sure you're already aware of certain lectures that have been "edited" to remove contentious data. The PDCs come to mind.

The Evil Telefunken Tape Conspiracy is a product of my imagination (hence, the moronic grinning smiley at the end of the post). DM will probably see the possibilities any day now. :)

Magnetic tape print-thru is a real phenomena and can be heard on many old tapes, The reel-to-reel copies of the old SHSBC tapes used a cheap BASF tape and were littered with print-thru, some of them were horrendous to listen to.

Species8472

Patron with Honors
PR Series 12
PROPAGANDA BY REDEFINITION OF WORDS
<snip>
Scientology? Work? What is your definition of "work"? :omg:

I didn't understand why they objected to being called a cult - Why would a cougar object to being called a cat?

But why even bother to redefine CULT, when it actually means - a system of religious worship or devotion to a person or thing, a popular fashion

and not, as they seem to have redefined it, .. an evil and sinister secretive underground sect of plotting wierdos.

I didn't understand why they objected to being called a cult - Why would a cougar object to being called a cat?

But why even bother to redefine CULT, when it actually means - a system of religious worship or devotion to a person or thing, a popular fashion

and not, as they seem to have redefined it, .. an evil and sinister secretive underground sect of plotting wierdos.

Because it's a totalitarian movement, in their minds they are not just a religion, they are the only religion, man's only chance. Every religion has has it's share of delusional extremists it's the nature of religion, Sceintology happens to be made up entirely of delusional extremists, it is a requirement according to Hubbard's orders, if you are not an extremist, you are either a potential trouble source or an enemy.

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
To answer the main question, from my own experience the reasons scientologists believe you become and ex-scientologists are:

- you have overts and witholds
- you are a suppressive person
- you are PTS
- you have evil purposes
- you have MUs (but add the overts,witholds with that one)

Its always the same thing. Talk to many scientologists, you will see.

Yep. And you'd always get the briefing that everyone eventually returns. They're NEVER actually "gone for good". We'll even pick up those who were real SPs down the line and audit them up, since we're so benevolent and kind. Gee, Thanks LRH! Don't know how many times I heard that one while the person delivering the speech would "smile knowingly". :puke:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Yep. And you'd always get the briefing that everyone eventually returns. They're NEVER actually "gone for good". We'll even pick up those who were real SPs down the line and audit them up, since we're so benevolent and kind. Gee, Thanks LRH! Don't know how many times I heard that one while the person delivering the speech would "smile knowingly". :puke:

Scientology. The only religion where Sainthood has no requirements except money and self-delusion.

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
Where's my halo?

Scientology. The only religion where Sainthood has no requirements except money and self-delusion.

Holy F*ck! I'm a saint? :angel: Thought I'd have to go back to being Catholic for that....wait, those damn Scio's excommunicated me! :grouch: (closest I could come to :shakes angry fist: :D )

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
Holy F*ck! I'm a saint? :angel: Thought I'd have to go back to being Catholic for that....wait, those damn Scio's excommunicated me! :grouch: (closest I could come to :shakes angry fist: :D )

Damn...I misread you. I thought it said LACK of money! I gave up all financial power being a little staff-slave. awwww.........:bigcry:

HelluvaHoax!

Damn...I misread you. I thought it said LACK of money! I gave up all financial power being a little staff-slave. awwww.........:bigcry:

Alas, i also attempted the Ascetic Bridge to Sainthood (S.O.), but eventually realized that it was squirrel because.....

Saints do not commit crimes.

Lord Hubbard hath commandeth: "The only real crime is lack of money. In other crimes if one has the huge sums necessary to hire lawyers one can often get off. But the crime of having no money is the only crime one cannot get out of."

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
[/I]

Alas, i also attempted the Ascetic Bridge to Sainthood (S.O.), but eventually realized that it was squirrel because.....

Saints do not commit crimes.

Lord Hubbard hath commandeth: "The only real crime is lack of money. In other crimes if one has the huge sums necessary to hire lawyers one can often get off. But the crime of having no money is the only crime one cannot get out of."

Ah...of course. So staff should always be kept poor so that "HE" could beat us into submission. Actually, I'm willing to be fitted for that habit now...the old Catholic mystics make a hell of a lot more sense than the Hubbardian shite. And I actually think that the Catholic mystic shite is much easier to sort out of the Catholic cult than any 'valid' Scio tech from the CoS.... some of those old-time mystics were pretty bitchin'!:D but, I've always been known to be a bit of a crazy wench:) :)

olska

Silver Meritorious Patron
The simple answer to the question posed on this thread is (and was given by someone before)

1. you have misunderstood words, which leads to
2. you have overts against the group, which leads to
3. you are withholding (failing to confess) those "withholds", and if you are making a lot of noise about it,

4. the withhold(s) was/were MISSED by some incompetent or "dangerous" auditor

... and it can all be handled and get you right back on lines and back on your Bridge where you belong if you'll just come in for a little interview with the Director of Processing, or the Ethics Officer, or the Chaplain ... :omg:

Now let's extend this to those who left not only the CoS but who also turned their back on all of scientology ...

Using "LRH tech" to explain your behavior, the scientologist would think

1. because you had MUs, you didn't understand scientology in the first place, because if you did, you would have recognized how wonderful it is and you'd still have great respect for it and for LRH's work (95% or more of which is truly good stuff as anyone with good sense can see)

2. because you had MUs and didn't understand it, you said bad things about it and did bad things to it and them (committed overts against scientology and scientologists) and thus alienated yourself from it and from them and, dramatizing your irresponsibility, you set yourself up as an opposition terminal to scientology and scientologists

3. you are withholding those "overts" perhaps because you didn't really realize how destructive you were being, perhaps you are too low on the tone scale to realize how you're being a bigot and an asshole (but auditing can fix that, as auditing raises tone) -- all of which can be remedied if you'll just wake up and realize the error of your ways and take responsibility for your behavior (confess! say you're sorry! bury the hatchet! can't we all just get along?),

and/or

4. some incompetent untrained overworked and abused staff member in the recent CoS messed up your case by using "reverse" scientology on you, thus turning you off to the subject through no fault of your own.

But do not despair! that can all be fixed by one of the competent "old timer" auditors who left the current CoS in disgust and now practices in the "freezone," with a few "right indications" and a handy dandy "standard tech" correction list which will chase down those missed withholds and mu's underlying the ARC break you have with scientology, clean it right up, and get you back on your Bridge to spiritual freedom! without all the hassles and at the low low price offered outside the CoS!

Unless, of course, you're a real "SP" and in that case we'll get to you later, maybe, if we feel like it, and we probably won't feel like it.

HelluvaHoax!

The simple answer to the question posed on this thread is (and was given by someone before)

1. you have misunderstood words, which leads to
2. you have overts against the group, which leads to
3. you are withholding (failing to confess) those "withholds", and if you are making a lot of noise about it,

4. the withhold(s) was/were MISSED by some incompetent or "dangerous" auditor

... and it can all be handled and get you right back on lines and back on your Bridge where you belong if you'll just come in for a little interview with the Director of Processing, or the Ethics Officer, or the Chaplain ... :omg:

Now let's extend this to those who left not only the CoS but who also turned their back on all of scientology ...

Using "LRH tech" to explain your behavior, the scientologist would think

1. because you had MUs, you didn't understand scientology in the first place, because if you did, you would have recognized how wonderful it is and you'd still have great respect for it and for LRH's work (95% or more of which is truly good stuff as anyone with good sense can see)

2. because you had MUs and didn't understand it, you said bad things about it and did bad things to it and them (committed overts against scientology and scientologists) and thus alienated yourself from it and from them and, dramatizing your irresponsibility, you set yourself up as an opposition terminal to scientology and scientologists

3. you are withholding those "overts" perhaps because you didn't really realize how destructive you were being, perhaps you are too low on the tone scale to realize how you're being a bigot and an asshole (but auditing can fix that, as auditing raises tone) -- all of which can be remedied if you'll just wake up and realize the error of your ways and take responsibility for your behavior (confess! say you're sorry! bury the hatchet! can't we all just get along?),

and/or

4. some incompetent untrained overworked and abused staff member in the recent CoS messed up your case by using "reverse" scientology on you, thus turning you off to the subject through no fault of your own.

But do not despair! that can all be fixed by one of the competent "old timer" auditors who left the current CoS in disgust and now practices in the "freezone," with a few "right indications" and a handy dandy "standard tech" correction list which will chase down those missed withholds and mu's underlying the ARC break you have with scientology, clean it right up, and get you back on your Bridge to spiritual freedom! without all the hassles and at the low low price offered outside the CoS!

Unless, of course, you're a real "SP" and in that case we'll get to you later, maybe, if we feel like it, and we probably won't feel like it.

Wow, that captured the meticulously mesmerized mindset inside Scientology so well that I nearly overdosed on remembering!

Damn, it's your fault...I am now forming LOCKS on the ENGRAM of Scientology! LOL

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
I was on staff for a bit at a prominent org. I witnessed both public and staff blow and leave scientology. Both low-level and OT’s. When it came to the lower lever public what I “knew” as the reason for their departure was MU’s, MU’s, MU’s. Frankly it was easy to “know” that due to it being pushes from management up. Everyone had MU’s (seems it has gone from “everyone has MU’s” to “Everyone has OW’s” but I have not been in an org for years and years now – God like 8 or 10? Could that be?) If a new public didn’t stick it was MU’s or too steep of a gradient. Of course if they were getting intro auditing – then the auditor was out-tech, missed an OW or something.

When the guy who was once the ED then the HES (busted off of post and replaced with an S.O. member) blew – we were told that he had been frequenting prostitutes and was doing heroin. Funny how this story seems to repeat itself and so I find all of them so unbelievable now. As a staff member, when another staff member or S.O. member blew we all knew they “blew due to OW’s” or were a real SP or were severely PTS. There would ALWAYS be some kind of scandalous story generated to explain the absence of this person if they were prominent. These stories didn’t always make sense – particularly if it was and ED or CO who was busted off of post.

What Management doesn’t understand is that the staff KNEW the ED/CO. You HAD to know the person. You were working nearly 24/7. I really don’t think that Management ever took into account the degree that staff knew their ED or CO. And there was ALWAYS a deprogramming of the staff to kick out the old ideas and procedures of the busted ED or CO. That was also a big reason for the smear campaign after an influential staff or S.O. member left. It was nauseating to have to sit there and listen while S.O. missionaries bashed a person you worked so closely with 24/7 for years. The idea was to erase the loyalty to whoever had blown or was busted. After all the sincere hard work and attempt to get that freaking org to St. Hill Size – it was a bit too much to take. So, for me at least, part of you says “Oh BS… no WAY.” but that person was gone weren’t they – and you wanted an explanation – so part of you wanted to believe the bad things. It somehow made it easier for you that they were gone.

It really depended on the person who had blown, their sphere of influence and what kind of damage control was needed for the situation.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
and/or

Gee... *Where* have I heard *this* before?..... :)

Nice bit of analysis Olska

Zinj

HelluvaHoax!

I was on staff for a bit at a prominent org. I witnessed both public and staff blow and leave scientology. Both low-level and OT’s. When it came to the lower lever public what I “knew” as the reason for their departure was MU’s, MU’s, MU’s. Frankly it was easy to “know” that due to it being pushes from management up. Everyone had MU’s (seems it has gone from “everyone has MU’s” to “Everyone has OW’s” but I have not been in an org for years and years now – God like 8 or 10? Could that be?) If a new public didn’t stick it was MU’s or too steep of a gradient. Of course if they were getting intro auditing – then the auditor was out-tech, missed an OW or something.

When the guy who was once the ED then the HES (busted off of post and replaced with an S.O. member) blew – we were told that he had been frequenting prostitutes and was doing heroin. Funny how this story seems to repeat itself and so I find all of them so unbelievable now. As a staff member, when another staff member or S.O. member blew we all knew they “blew due to OW’s” or were a real SP or were severely PTS. There would ALWAYS be some kind of scandalous story generated to explain the absence of this person if they were prominent. These stories didn’t always make sense – particularly if it was and ED or CO who was busted off of post.

What Management doesn’t understand is that the staff KNEW the ED/CO. You HAD to know the person. You were working nearly 24/7. I really don’t think that Management ever took into account the degree that staff knew their ED or CO. And there was ALWAYS a deprogramming of the staff to kick out the old ideas and procedures of the busted ED or CO. That was also a big reason for the smear campaign after an influential staff or S.O. member left. It was nauseating to have to sit there and listen while S.O. missionaries bashed a person you worked so closely with 24/7 for years. The idea was to erase the loyalty to whoever had blown or was busted. After all the sincere hard work and attempt to get that freaking org to St. Hill Size – it was a bit too much to take. So, for me at least, part of you says “Oh BS… no WAY.” but that person was gone weren’t they – and you wanted an explanation – so part of you wanted to believe the bad things. It somehow made it easier for you that they were gone.

It really depended on the person who had blown, their sphere of influence and what kind of damage control was needed for the situation.

Cool post.

Fascinating how many OUTRAGEOUS LIES are invisibly threaded into ones thinking inside the Church. But when a few of those 1000 flimsy Gulliver-esque threads break, one easily stands up and walks away.

Looking back ....it never was the strength of those tiny strings that bound one because, in truth, ALL OF THEM easily break apart with any slightest effort.

The clever trick the CoS has nearly perfected is to convince you not to even try.

gulliver1.jpg