What's new

Facebook Friends and Fans Wanted

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Hey Sneaks! I see you accepted a friend request from this apparently-fake Ella MacDonald account. Do you happen to know whose account it is?

There are now 51 friends as I write this. My last post there were 20-odd. So this is another high-promotion account. I bet there are over 100 tomorrow, unless the account gets nuked like the others.

We'll see.

Paul

T

TheSneakster

Hey Sneaks! I see you accepted a friend request from this apparently-fake Ella MacDonald account. Do you happen to know whose account it is?

Lessee, you reckon the account is fake, and that I might know who it really is, therefore implying I'm in cahoots with whomever is faking the account. WTF ? :duh:

I have no reason (other than your say-so) to believe the account is fake. Furthermore, I have no personal knowledge of the person allegedly being faked, either. I just hook up with Indies, Freezoners, Anti's and just about anyone else who doesn't see eye-to-eye with David McSavage.

Michael "The Sneakster" Hobson
I am *not* anonymous. I *do* forgive.

Sassy

Patron Meritorious
I'd read recently that some type of security breach happened with FB where you could view another person's private chats? YIKES! :ohmy:
I haven't been on there much at all lately, it does get time consuming & I too hate the gifts & flowers & hugs & pokes etc etc that come my way.
I also immediately used the setting where if I was on FB, no one else would know it. It's such pressure to feel like you have to reply to everyone and every message, especially if that person is online too---way too much info as far as I'm concerned.
And what if you passed on a date, or a dinner invite, by saying you were sick, then a friend of a friend posts what a great time they had with you at dinner. Trouble!
I was in an elevator the other day with a 60+ woman in a denim mini skirt & a haltar top (major sun damage to boot) yapping on her cell phone with a friend about a guy who is on FB and friended her and someone else she didn't like, blah blah. Talk about scary.......! :omg:

Last edited by a moderator:

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Lessee, you reckon the account is fake, and that I might know who it really is, therefore implying I'm in cahoots with whomever is faking the account. WTF ? :duh:

I have no reason (other than your say-so) to believe the account is fake. Furthermore, I have no personal knowledge of the person allegedly being faked, either. I just hook up with Indies, Freezoners, Anti's and just about anyone else who doesn't see eye-to-eye with David McSavage.

Michael "The Sneakster" Hobson
I am *not* anonymous. I *do* forgive.

Touchy much? :)

Zinj

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I have no reason (other than your say-so) to believe the account is fake. Furthermore, I have no personal knowledge of the person allegedly being faked, either.

What person? What evidence is there that it is a real person? Last time I looked, their wall was full of "Who the fuck are you?" posts. I had thought that you of all people would be somewhat discriminating.

EDIT: I just checked and that link I gave doesn't work any more. The three people I remember being "friends" of this account no longer have "Ella Macdonald" in their friends list. Guess it was fake after all. Fancy that. Another one bites the dust.

Paul

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
I'd read recently that some type of security breach happened with FB where you could view another person's private chats? YIKES! :ohmy:
I haven't been on there much at all lately, it does get time consuming & I too hate the gifts & flowers & hugs & pokes etc etc that come my way.
I also immediately used the setting where if I was on FB, no one else would know it. It's such pressure to feel like you have to reply to everyone and every message, especially if that person is online too---way too much info as far as I'm concerned.
And what if you passed on a date, or a dinner invite, by saying you were sick, then a friend of a friend posts what a great time they had with you at dinner. Trouble!
I was in an elevator the other day with a 60+ woman in a denim mini skirt & a haltar top (major sun damage to boot) yapping on her cell phone with a friend about a guy who is on FB and friended her and someone else she didn't like, blah blah. Talk about scary.......! :omg:

The only people that I have (friends) on facebook are close friends and relatives and no one else. And I have the security settings locked down to ONLY these people. So far, I haven't had any problems.

However, Myspace continually sends out adverts to my wall that I can't shut off. Most of the people that I know are on Facebook and not Myspace.

For professional work contacts I am on LinkedIn. IOW, I suggest LinkedIn for professional work related contacts.

Last edited: