Fair Game question..

Good twin

Floater
The way I see it, OSA has no power over me because I'm out. It does have power to those who want to remain in. So....disconnection really is the only issue.

I would be very surprised to find out that OSA doesn't know who I am, but...by me not saying who I am they have no way to order people to disconnect from me. The only way they could do it would be to tell the Scientologists who know and love me that I am out and posting on the internet, which might get others reading the internet, and start posting and get repayments....well you get the picture, I'm sure.

I've posted lots of details about myself and even pictures of myself. I've just never openly said my name. I'm pretty sure OSA would not like me to go totally public. I'm okay with that. :yes:

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
ditto

dont worry about being "FairGamed"
still dont give out personal details, change name/s where necessary.
post EXSCN from an internet cafe' if you are really worried OSA.
wear sunglasses and hat to Anonymous protests.
use your common sense and TRUST your instincts.

:welcome:

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Like any insane stalker in the modern world, the obsessive cretins at Scientology's 'Office of Special Affairs' can usually find info on a person, given even minimal info. That goes double for Scientologists, since they already have reams of 'data' on people who've been 'in'. 'Confidentiality' notwithstanding.

So, it is possible to remain anonymous by being *very* careful, but, being careful enough to be 'secure' is counterproductive, if your interest is in communicating with others.

In the end; just assume OSA's creeps are watching and writing notes obsessively (what they're doing with the other hand is secret.)

Does this mean that saying something the 'Church' doesn't like will get you 'fair gamed'? Hardly. Too many people; too much bad stuff to say; almost all of it true, and much worse yet to tell.

If they make a real project of someone, they can be a pain in the neck, but, despite the infallibility of Ron's 'Shudder into Silence Tech', the number of people actually 'shuddered' once public can probably be counted on the fingers of one hand. Far more are kept in silence out of fear even *without* Fair Game.

The point is to be reasonably careful, but, always make it *expensive* to find things out. And don't worry too much about it. Their 'successes' are usually their most enduring footbullets.

Zinj

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
There are no guarantees in life. Who knows what will happen? I can tell you that there are a number of us who are not anonymous and who had either nothing happen or, in my case for example, very very little happen- and that was years ago.

But if you try to live in a padded cell, you won't ever get to do anything or talk to anybody.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
SchwimmelPuckel said:
Tory 'Magoo' Christman, she often posts her phone number as a means of help to doubting scientologists.. So does Chuck Beatty. And Arnie Lerma, Caroline Letkeman and Gerry Armstrong.. And DullOldFart who's posting above is not anonymous either.

According to their reports, Tory has been fair-gamed and so has Arnie.
It can sometimes be acts of vandalism.
It can also be flyering your neighbors.

IMO, this is usually a footbullet BUT stats are stats for them.

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
that's kinda mean. i can post here if i want.

Why is it mean? Where do I say you can't?
You're a Scientology apologist. Bernies blogs are a great place to start.
If you like Scientology so much why bother posting here? Just curious.

From reading your first post it seems your much more pro Scientology than you are anti-Scientology. If that's the case I'm just trying to save you some heartache. Many exScientologists come out only thinking a small part of Scientology has any real use. Few think it's basically good. Most think it's BS.

If you can, can you please expand on your feelings about Scientology? You seem much more pro then anti to me.

Last edited:

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
According to their reports, Tory has been fair-gamed and so has Arnie.
It can sometimes be acts of vandalism.
It can also be flyering your neighbors.

IMO, this is usually a footbullet BUT stats are stats for them.
Yes.. I should have mentioned that... But even in their, most spectacular, cases the fair gaming has become less serious in recent years. Thsi happens because every single instance get reported and figured out by the ex'es, critics and anonymous on the internet. It is getting very hard to do fair gaming for them. It's a sure thing that it turns into a PR stinker or even a jail sentence if they do.

Games up!

:yes:

Once bitten

Patron Meritorious
Of course they read the boards

Mike Ferriss openly admitted on National Radio that our boards are monitored. When he was asked why he monitored them he didn't give an answer. He then said that HE actually didn't read the boards but that he had people do it for him. I once posted that I would wear a pirate outfit to a protest and he asked me, at the protest, where my pirate outfit was. There are many other things he said to me that he got either from the board or from my folder. Either way, it's still what scientologists do - spy and glean information from where ever they can.

Mike has people read my posts both here and on KiwiAnon, and he uses the information to find out what's going on with me. I am quite an open person, so he knows a lot about me. It was from the boards that he found out that my husband also protests with me. From that information my ex-brother-in-law Nigel Gray located my husband's school (he's a teacher) and Mike Ferriss wrote to them claiming all sorts of nonsense - including that we are members of a hate group akin to the KKK and the Nazis. What for? To get us to stop protesting of course! Did it work? No way. Made us more determined.

All info Mike knows about us was taken from either here or KiwiAnon board, and my ex-brother-in-law's personal knowledge about me. My name was posted on the forums by Nigel Gray under the user-name 'Plant' together with the idea that I was a scientologist. He suggested organising a protest outside my husband's school, while posting as a troll Anon.

I KNOW they read the boards. They wank while they do it. It's the only fun they ever have, and I say to them, Enjoy it while you can.

Veda

Sponsor
Like any insane stalker in the modern world, the obsessive cretins at Scientology's 'Office of Special Affairs' can usually find info on a person, given even minimal info. That goes double for Scientologists, since they already have reams of 'data' on people who've been 'in'. 'Confidentiality' notwithstanding.

So, it is possible to remain anonymous by being *very* careful, but, being careful enough to be 'secure' is counterproductive, if your interest is in communicating with others.

In the end; just assume OSA's creeps are watching and writing notes obsessively (what they're doing with the other hand is secret.)

Does this mean that saying something the 'Church' doesn't like will get you 'fair gamed'? Hardly. Too many people; too much bad stuff to say; almost all of it true, and much worse yet to tell.

If they make a real project of someone, they can be a pain in the neck, but, despite the infallibility of Ron's 'Shudder into Silence Tech', the number of people actually 'shuddered' once public can probably be counted on the fingers of one hand. Far more are kept in silence out of fear even *without* Fair Game.

The point is to be reasonably careful, but, always make it *expensive* to find things out. And don't worry too much about it. Their 'successes' are usually their most enduring footbullets.

Zinj

The Internet has definitely changed things, and I doubt if the average poster on the Net has too much to worry about - provided the person has no family still inside Scientology - there are just too many people communicating on the Net.

However, if one were to assemble a list of those who have been silenced - one way or another, over the years - that list would be quite long. The difference is that, the person's writings, or audio or video recordings (if there are any), can usually be kept in circulation by others. For example, Stacy Young was silenced, but her writings can still be read on the Net, and there are many other similar examples.

One of the best known targets of Fair Game, Paulette Cooper is an interesting study: She was fair gamed for years in the 1970s, a Scientology plant became her boyfriend, her phone was tapped, she was covertly and overtly harassed, ended up being indicted by a Grand Jury for bomb threats that she didn't make ("Operation Dynamite', 1972), and when Scientology failed to have her "imprisoned or put in a mental institution," another attempt was made ('Operation Freak Out', 1976), and then came the FBI raids on several Scientology locations in LA and Washington, DC, in July 1977, in response to Scientology's burglarizing of, and theft of documents from, federal buildings, and - by accident, really - many of Scientology's abuses of private citizens, and those in local governments, were also exposed.

(And, as an aside, if those raids had not occurred, most of the information revealed would have remained secret, and people such as Paulette Cooper would never have been exonerated. And one might ask, since there have been no subsequent raids (in the USA), what has happened since that, that is not known?)

Much has been exposed, and much has not.

IRL, (pre Internet), I've seen the three packs that were assembled by Paulette Cooper from evidence resulting from the FBI search warrants, and it's hundreds of pages. The "time track" of Paulette Cooper's life, citing minute details, is three pages long, single spaced in small type. The paperwork related to the many ops against her is extensive, and its code language makes it difficult to decipher sometimes, but I've only seen a dozen or so pages of these documents on the Net.

Not everything has been exposed, and not everything is on the Net, and to think it's "all on the Net" is naive.

As an example, recently, two large men (well perfumed and in expensive suits), resembling well-groomed ex-cops (P.I.s) entered a place of business under false pretenses and wandering off, down a hallway, made a bee line for a storage room. That storage room contained boxes of hundreds of (somewhat dusty) reel to reel tapes of L. Ron Hubbard's lectures. Forcing the door open, they began removing the boxes, and exited out a side door, carrying these boxes into a car, or van, and left. It was a burglary and a theft.

The police were contacted, made a report, but nothing was ever done - no follow up - as there was no license plate number, and frankly, the police are swamped with other matters. And how exactly do the local police deal with an international crime syndicate that just committed burglary and theft of some boxes of old reel to reel tapes? Answer: they don't. And this is recognized by those committing such acts.

So, many things occur, large and small, and some things make it to the courts, but most things do not, and some things make it to the Net, but some things do not, but for the average poster on the Net, while there's no guarantee of total safety, there is no serious threat, IMO.

Last edited:

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
Will I be Fair Gamed for commenting on here? Nothing I say is very mean or anti-Scientology or anything, there's a lot I like about it, Im more in the middle than anything,.... has anyone been fair gamed just for posting here? Let me know...... it's dumb I have to worry about talking about things here :( :( it's not fair

After reading all the responses, I interpret the OP differently. I think he's asking if we'll fair game him!

No. Unless you are trolling and disturbing the peace, people will treat you in kind, otherwise a moderator will show you out the back door (through Qual, of course). Yes, there have been flame wars but, they are in the minority.

As for the CO$, if you're a small fish, they'll probably ignore you, but if you drop a bucket load of info that they don't like, then make sure you haven't identified yourself.