What's new

Fallout Inside After "Going Clear" Documentary

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
It certainly supports that conclusion.

How many of the Indies, F/Zer's here have seen it, I wonder?

Quite a few, judging by what I'm seeing on Facebook and IRL Freezone friends.

Includes my husband. In fact, ever since, he's recommenced watching lots of videos on YouTube by exes, one of whom was at our house to see the documentary.

He's seen some great ones and I suggested he add Sheila's to the list.

So I suspect most FZers have seen it. In fact, I just heard from yet another who just saw it.

Most Indies and FZers are ex members...

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2015/04/scientologist-church-lockdown-going-clear-documentary/

Scientology ‘On Lockdown!’ Church Bans TV, Internet, Newspapers In The Wake Of ‘Going Clear,’ Former Member Claims

(excerpt)

HBO’s bombshell documentary Going Clear has sent the Church of Scientology scrambling for cover, according to a former member. One-time high-ranking Scientologist Tom DeVocht tells RadarOnline.com exclusively that church leader David Miscavige has put members on “lockdown” mode in an attempt to stem the fall-out from recent explosive allegations.

DeVocht told Radar exclusively, “I have spoken with someone within the Church. This person is one of the higher-ups, and David Miscavige has ordered the Church to go on lockdown in response to Going Clear.”

“The order told members to not watch any television, read newspapers, or go online because the Church is under attack,” DeVocht claimed.

“Everyone is extremely paranoid that they are being watched or risk being tattled on if caught doing one of those things.”

It's getting a bit weird. My ex-SO buddy has been predicting DM actions for the last few years and it's spooky he has hit target after target including this one. (Before this he predicted the consolidation of the LA Org into an SO) he says middle management is going to be decimated. DM is closing ranks and tightening the screws. Heavy ethics and depriving SO staff of the tiny remaining bits of freedom (the laughable amount they had) was is prediction after the SO consolidation - but obviously this media shitstorm also created this. I figure the FRONT PAGE OF THE MF'ing LA TIMES with MISCAVIGE's creepy mug on the cover and the story about spying on his father sealed the deal on that one. :coolwink:

He thinks August is when the walls start to really crumble or a point of no return is hit.

Sindy

Crusader
It's getting a bit weird. My ex-SO buddy has been predicting DM actions for the last few years and it's spooky he has hit target after target including this one. (Before this he predicted the consolidation of the LA Org into an SO) he says middle management is going to be decimated. DM is closing ranks and tightening the screws. Heavy ethics and depriving SO staff of the tiny remaining bits of freedom (the laughable amount they had) was is prediction after the SO consolidation - but obviously this media shitstorm also created this. I figure the FRONT PAGE OF THE MF'ing LA TIMES with MISCAVIGE's creepy mug on the cover and the story about spying on his father sealed the deal on that one. :coolwink:

He thinks August is when the walls start to really crumble or a point of no return is hit.

Thanks for this post. DM has got to be going mad. What a lonely man he is. He doesn't even have his own family to console him.

So middle management has already been decimated by turning them all into fundraisers. I wonder what he means by that exactly. There really has been little to no management for a long time.

SPsince83

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks for this post. DM has got to be going mad. What a lonely man he is. He doesn't even have his own family to console him.

So middle management has already been decimated by turning them all into fundraisers. I wonder what he means by that exactly. There really has been little to no management for a long time.

He really followed the Humbug playbook: Swindle your friends and destroy your family. How's that going for you, Davy?

BunnySkull

He's referring to Flag Bureaux, WISE International, etc... they still operate somewhat independently, yet to be micro-managed to death by RTC. This will change. The Class V Orgs being turned in to SO Orgs is the first step.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
The Class V Orgs being turned in to SO Orgs is the first step.
Orgs? Plural? Is he predicting that Class V Orgs in addition to LA Org will be turned into SO Orgs? Does the SO have sufficient manpower to do that?

Is he predicting all Class V Orgs will become SO Orgs?

Wow, just wow.

Techless

Patron Meritorious
Well, if your love bombing contains a "healthy" dose of tough love, you might have a chance.

Tis what I was thinking...yet obviously these folks need some help. It's one thing to be 'parroting' from within a cage, but to do so when out of the cage is really sad.

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
I know some F/Zers who have refused to watch it. I have no respect for such people, who, though expelled from COS, mindlessly parrot OSA lines.
I'm a Freezoner and I've watched it. Very accurate as far as I can see.

I do not believe that watching "entheta" will harm me. Of course, if I'm ordered to NOT watch entheta and then I'm caught at it and punished, THAT will harm me -- although I haven't heard of that being done outside the Church.

But there ARE abuses in the Freezone -- however may I be quick to add that it's about 90% less so than in the Church. No disconnections, no getting beat up, no "holes", no taking of passports, no restrictions on communications -- but I've experienced love bombing, lies designed to get me to say yes, being cheated out of money, work without pay, and being made to be audited on things that I've had no interest in instead of that what was troubling me. Prices tend to be more moderate, although not always.

What can I say? Just because someone is part of your same group doesn't make them trustable. Always be careful.

After years of trying to make a difference, I've decided the price of being allowed to help is just too high. Maybe I can do something else to have an impact on society; something that doesn't involve e-meters or sessions.

Helena

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
Orgs? Plural? Is he predicting that Class V Orgs in addition to LA Org will be turned into SO Orgs? Does the SO have sufficient manpower to do that?

Wow, just wow.
Obviously, the conversion of a given C5O to an SOO will simply be announced, then each staff will have a billion-year contract shoved under their nose and told to sign it.

Those who don't immediately sign will be shown the door. If only half of the staff are left, that will be enough to keep the Orgs manned in the Golden Age Of Straight Down And Vertical.

Helena

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
The problem with any Scientologist watching it, even public, is that they will then want to know "the truth", which they will look to the CoS to provide.

Once they've seen the dead agent stuff then they will probably just dismiss the documentary as an attack by SPs and put it out of their mind.

As far as they are concerned, the CoS never lies.

That's how I used to think when I was a public.:duh:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Obviously, the conversion of a given C5O to an SOO will simply be announced, then each staff will have a billion-year contract shoved under their nose and told to sign it.

Those who don't immediately sign will be shown the door. If only half of the staff are left, that will be enough to keep the Orgs manned in the Golden Age Of Straight Down And Vertical.

Helena

-variation on theme:

"...in the Golden Age of Straight Down and Vertigo."

Sindy

Crusader
The problem with any Scientologist watching it, even public, is that they will then want to know "the truth", which they will look to the CoS to provide.

Once they've seen the dead agent stuff then they will probably just dismiss the documentary as an attack by SPs and put it out of their mind.

True, however the dead agent materials, as far as I can tell, are these ridiculous, over-the-top FreedomMag videos and articles. They've spent so much time on those and I have seen Scientologists passing those around as dead agent materials.

All I have to say is that if people fall for those, with no question, they really should go down with the ship.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
True, however the dead agent materials, as far as I can tell, are these ridiculous, over-the-top FreedomMag videos and articles. They've spent so much time on those and I have seen Scientologists passing those around as dead agent materials.

All I have to say is that if people fall for those, with no question, they really should go down with the ship.

I must admit that during the time I was in Scientology there was virtually no bad press that I was aware of. People were too scared to talk about it.

Anything that did come out was easily dead agented.

These days it must be very difficult to ignore all of the revelations that are in the media.

Every day, in every way, I'm glad I'm out.:yes:

BunnySkull

Wow, just wow.

They will be consolidated eventually, shut or consolidated in to SO Orgs. LA was easy enough due to having the SO base right there, NY might be next thanks to the cont. liaison there, etc.. . He was spot on when he predicted it was going to happen in LA and doesn't believe it will stop there.

He does wonder about DM making a bold move and ripping INT management and shoving it into PAC base in the heart of LA to get in the faces of everyone and instill an even more hands on, heavy ethics situation. He's 50/50 on that happening, but believes DM doesn't "fear" so much as get angry so you have to base his decisions more on rage/anger than a sense of fear (and obviously logic is out the window). The one thing that may prevent the move to LA is DM's fear of being subpoenaed.

He thinks DM end game will have everything consolidated to FLAG land base because LA will become so "tainted" in Miscavige's eyes. Flag is a bit of a bubble, after FLAG a glorious (lol run for the hills!) return to the open water/freewinds from which they came. He's not given a definitive timeline for the last part, but he predicted the August 2015 shit over four years ago, which is why I said it was spooky. Only last year did I start noticing that this scenario he laid out years ago was coming true, almost to a T.

He's always had one big recommendation for a way to hasten the demise of the cult and is just has to do with taking advantage of the heavy bureaucracy and com lines of the CoS and use it as a weapon against them. Been saying it for years but now I see how perfectly it could work. Unless one understands the systems set up in SO they may not understand just how perfect this could be done and unfortunately he had to learn the system (which hasn't changed) all to well once upon a time and see it has major flaws and is very exploitable.

Terril park

Sponsor
I would like to hear of your successes at getting FZs to watch...let's see, we have to make this interesting, yes?....humm...how about you already know plenty of them zooners and help these out first, then report back here on how it went. Wolves are very pro-action :yes::yes:, I look forward to your next post:thumbsup:.
Shewolf:coolwink:

It didn't occur to me that with all the news about going clear that someone
interested wouldn't have heard and watched. However I'm here every day and
many other freezoners might not be. I'll post details on my forum, and others
as well.

Intentionally Blank

Scientology Widow
Is this staff and public? What y'all think?

From what I can tell it does not include public. There's been no effort to curtail news, TV, or radio in the Blanky household or in the couple other families I know who are in ... one is staff too actually now that I think about it. I'll pay more attention this week, or, better yet, push the envelope by suggesting news and broadcast TV and see what happens. I can tell you there is a LOT of stress coming out of the org. Not. Pretty.

I would think an order like that would cause some fence sitters to finally jump off the fence.

I agree.

Wow, just wow.

I'd be curious to know what is happening in the ideal orgs that are not on the coasts - Ohio, Minnesota, Chicago... where am I missing? Ohio is just a couple years old IIRC - my best friend lives there.

Helena

Oh man, I would love to see the fallout from that. The org here has a skeleton crew that is missing more than a few vertebrae.

Maaaybe. That will certainly be true for some, maybe even more than a few, but there's just too much out there to dismiss it entirely - if they take the time to look even a little bit.

Blanky

Last edited: