What's new

Fallout Inside After "Going Clear" Documentary

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious
"Gibney is a squatter in an abandoned warehouse. It doesn't take much mind power to guess where the shot of the ants really came from."

Again, dwelling on the six-second shot of ants, which was not used as a metaphor (Scientologists as vermin), like it was portrayed in Scientology's smear video. I don't think all Scientologists are familiar enough with Nazi propaganda films to understand what Scientology was driving at with that. If they did take it that way, they should still want to see the film to see how they are being portrayed.

Ants can get in anywhere, even in luxury homes. But sleeping on the floor and having them in the hole was part of the bad conditions, and that's all.

Filmmakers use images to enhance what is being said. No one in their right mind would think the ants shown were the actual ones in the hole (which Scientology claims never existed) at Gold Base, especially since Miscavige had the hole dismantled before the film was made.

Oddly, I think some of these things would just make a Scientologist curious about what was being said about ants in the film. According to Scientology, there were non-existent ants in a non-existent hole. It's just that Scientologists aren't allowed to talk about the "hole" part.

Scientologists should want to see what is influencing the opinions of so much of the outside public, even if they think it is 100% lies. But they already "know" how bad wogs are. Wogs are just interested in getting everyone on drugs, going to war, and destroying civilization.

The idea that Alex Gibney is a squatter or homeless person who makes documentaries for HBO is also intriguing. If this kind of discussion is meant to stop thinking and make sure Scientologists will not see the film, it's probably less effective than saying nothing. I would think that an Academy Award winning filmmaker who is churning out great documentaries at the rate of Gibney would capture their attention no matter what they thought his living conditions were like.

Besides not mentioning the hole, Scientologists apparently can't use the names of people in the film in discussion, especially Paul Haggis. So they label all ex-Scientologists in the film as people who were "thrown out 20 or 30 years ago." Never mind that the majority of the exes in the film were in more recently, and they were not thrown out, but left on their own.

I would imagine that by these blanket statements, Scientologists think they are creating new and better realities.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Wow, thanks Sindy.

After reading all those quoted comments it is highly apparent that the commenters are under a very heavy barrage of propaganda filled with lies and either slander or libel.

example Marty leaves in 2004, Mike Rinder in 2007, Tom DeVocht unsure, but I am sure none of them are 20-30 years ago.

It is sooooooo a cult of 1984. Winning is losing, straight up and vertical is down, and the truth=lies.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Good point, I will be sure to mention that to her, if she ever gets back to me! I will maintain hope that she has not disconnected from me. That will probably depend on who gets to her first. I'm not sure how much contact she has with any "true believers".
(my bold)

Why would you want to do that? That'd auto-disable one other important argument you could make: "The cult is an extremely litigious organization."

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
(my bold)

Why would you want to do that? That'd auto-disable one other important argument you could make: "The cult is an extremely litigious organization."

If they think they can win or overwhelm their enemy, they sue. The cult has specialized in using "overwhelm" to manipulate. Interesting that the tide has recently turned, and now the cult is being overwhelmed, with all the lawsuits and PR disasters. Lol

Gee, isn't one of the OT level EPs "freedom from overwhelm"?

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
If they think they can win or overwhelm their enemy, they sue. The cult has specialized in using "overwhelm" to manipulate. Interesting that the tide has recently turned, and now the cult is being overwhelmed, with all the lawsuits and PR disasters. Lol

Gee, isn't one of the OT level EPs "freedom from overwhelm"?

2400 simultaneous lawsuits against the IRS worked quite well for "them" and a similar strategy might work equally well for "us" - so let's start a big fundraiser to get the show on the road. :wink2: :biggrin:

ForLease

Maximus Squirrel
Thanks for bringing that over, Sindy!

I'd seen that on Facebook, but was far too lazy to do all the ID blocking and bring it over.

(Hides head in sand.)

Fascinated that the whole thread didn't get deleted once it got out of control.

MissWog

Silver Meritorious Patron
Blanky,

Do you happen to know if the SO staff Mr/s Blanky is referring to are ones who are always there (Flag Rep, LRH Comm) or are there SO staff there on mission?

My guess is that missions have been fired out to all or most of the orgs. If there's a mission that might explain the briefings. And a lot of the stress.

what goes on/what kind of stuff is said in these missions? Can anyone walk a never-in through this situation when the SO comes to a Local Org on a mission? **please forgive my formatting! Ipad is being hinky!

Sindy,
thank you for posting all those comments.. I'm just at a loss for words!

Intentionally Blank

Scientology Widow
Blanky,

Do you happen to know if the SO staff Mr/s Blanky is referring to are ones who are always there (Flag Rep, LRH Comm) or are there SO staff there on mission?

My guess is that missions have been fired out to all or most of the orgs. If there's a mission that might explain the briefings. And a lot of the stress.

I'm sorry, I thought I'd answered this. :duh: Thanks, MissWog, for the reminder. See what happens when you get old and need a nap??

I don't know for sure if the SO staff are mission or permanent. My guess is permanent.

Intentionally Blank

Scientology Widow
Different perspectives and commentary that I don't think would have been found or allowed just a year ago. This is coming in 8 different parts so bear with me. I see this as a social study of the mind. Since no one knows who these people are I don't feel too terribly bad ripping this stuff to post here. Enjoy. I hope it's useful.

Wow. I started reading the series of posts early this morning and I had to walk away. I just came back to it now. The first part was incredibly triggering of all the years of living with a scientologist for sure but also of the insanity of the cult I grew up in. I spent the last several hours looking at art, taking deep breaths, and reminding myself we all have confirmation bias but we don't all have to be stupid about it. If I get stupid about mine I hope someone bonks me on the head. Yikes.

I finally was able to plow through the entire thing without feeling like I was going to be ill. You're right, there's no way that kind of push back would have been tolerated just a few years ago. The unfriending would have been an all out frenzy. Very interesting. Thanks for taking the time to put it all up here.

Sindy

Crusader
Thanks for bringing that over, Sindy!

I'd seen that on Facebook, but was far too lazy to do all the ID blocking and bring it over.

(Hides head in sand.)

Fascinated that the whole thread didn't get deleted once it got out of control.

I thought about it and initially thought that it did not get deleted because there is a modicum of free speech over there. Knowing whose account that is I'm thinking that's probably not the case. The more likely explanation is that the 'owner' makes the OP and then ignores the thread. Everyone else makes their own comments but don't read anyone else's. :) Scientology communication in action.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
I thought about it and initially thought that it did not get deleted because there is a modicum of free speech over there. Knowing whose account that is I'm thinking that's probably not the case. The more likely explanation is that the 'owner' makes the OP and then ignores the thread. Everyone else makes their own comments but don't read anyone else's. :) Scientology communication in action.

Aren't Scientologists currently being told to stay off the internet?

I'm surprised these people are even on Facebook.

Intentionally Blank

Scientology Widow
Aren't Scientologists currently being told to stay off the internet?

I'm surprised these people are even on Facebook.

Every scientologist I know is actively on facebook. Admittedly, that's not a ton, but Mr/s Blanky reads me regular updates from cultie friends. I just checked the two staff members who are on my friends list and neither of them is all that active.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
what goes on/what kind of stuff is said in these missions? Can anyone walk a never-in through this situation when the SO comes to a Local Org on a mission?

A Sea Org mission is sent out to "handle" a particular situation. This usually involves heavy ethics, in other words the poor local staff are put under a microscope and get to confess their misdeeds under heavy duress, work all night, some get bounced off post, declared etc. It is usually thoroughly unpleasant — even catastrophic for some — for all concerned, for weeks on end.

Paul

Sindy

Crusader
Wow. I started reading the series of posts early this morning and I had to walk away. I just came back to it now. The first part was incredibly triggering of all the years of living with a scientologist for sure but also of the insanity of the cult I grew up in. I spent the last several hours looking at art, taking deep breaths, and reminding myself we all have confirmation bias but we don't all have to be stupid about it. If I get stupid about mine I hope someone bonks me on the head. Yikes.

I finally was able to plow through the entire thing without feeling like I was going to be ill. You're right, there's no way that kind of push back would have been tolerated just a few years ago. The unfriending would have been an all out frenzy. Very interesting. Thanks for taking the time to put it all up here.

Yes. It was initially rough for me to get through too because the delusion is so frightening and does trigger anger and a host of other emotions that are hard to pinpoint.

I'm seeing some interesting changes though and as you said, that amount of push back would have been pounced on in the past. This is a well known persons page. In addition to how many friends this person has on FB (this person has that hidden but it could very well be up to capacity) there are also 2,465 followers. I am sure this is a frequently viewed account.

Having said all that, I think it's meaningful given the large audience, that relatively few say anything at all. People are staying quiet where I believe before they would have felt more emboldened in their zealotry and superiority. Times are changing. Hopefully the truth will eventually get through to these hard core extremists.

Last edited:

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Aren't Scientologists currently being told to stay off the internet? I'm surprised these people are even on Facebook.

Publics are allowed Internet access, but are to avoid entheta sites lest they compromise their salvation (cough..bullshit).

Several of them have voiced protests & filed complaints with Facebook after they were involuntarily added to the SPs R Us Facebook group. I don't approve of this practice, because it puts critics in a bad light, but it's obvious that not everyone shares my opinion.

Intentionally Blank

Scientology Widow
A Sea Org mission is sent out to "handle" a particular situation. This usually involves heavy ethics, in other words the poor local staff are put under a microscope and get to confess their misdeeds under heavy duress, work all night, some get bounced off post, declared etc. It is usually thoroughly unpleasant — even catastrophic for some — for all concerned, for weeks on end.

Paul

Hmm... that being the case I don't think it's a mission but now I'm curious enough to poke around and find out. Is there a way I can ask that without being too obvious?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Hmm... that being the case I don't think it's a mission but now I'm curious enough to poke around and find out. Is there a way I can ask that without being too obvious?

I dunno how. Maybe you could call the org from a call box or somewhere else and sound a bit arrogant and ask to speak to the "Mission I/C". If they ask who's calling, you could just say "Mr Aronson [random name that's not Smith]" (use "Mr" even if you're a woman), "the I/C knows me." If the receptionist acts confused, if feeling mischievous you could say, "Oh, guess they're not there yet, sorry" and hang up. If the receptionist transfers you to the Mission I/C you just hang up.

You can't really ask your spouse if there's a mission there, of course.

Paul

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
2400 simultaneous lawsuits against the IRS worked quite well for "them" and a similar strategy might work equally well for "us" - so let's start a big fundraiser to get the show on the road. :wink2: :biggrin:

And that was at the cult's high point of membership.

I doubt they'll find 2400 willing plaintiffs today, and they're hemorrhaging their SO reserves with NarCONon suits and settlements with those they've fair gamed. Not to mention the cost of fair gaming itself (PI's and similar).

I don't think the cult could survive more IRS litigation.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
I dunno how. Maybe you could call the org from a call box or somewhere else and sound a bit arrogant and ask to speak to the "Mission I/C". If they ask who's calling, you could just say "Mr Aronson [random name that's not Smith]" (use "Mr" even if you're a woman), "the I/C knows me." If the receptionist acts confused, if feeling mischievous you could say, "Oh, guess they're not there yet, sorry" and hang up.

Oh, god, that's EEEEVIL.

:laugh:

Intentionally Blank

Scientology Widow
I dunno how. Maybe you could call the org from a call box or somewhere else and sound a bit arrogant and ask to speak to the "Mission I/C". If they ask who's calling, you could just say "Mr Aronson [random name that's not Smith]" (use "Mr" even if you're a woman), "the I/C knows me." If the receptionist acts confused, if feeling mischievous you could say, "Oh, guess they're not there yet, sorry" and hang up. If the receptionist transfers you to the Mission I/C you just hang up.

You can't really ask your spouse if there's a mission there, of course.

Paul

Oh, god, that's EEEEVIL.

:laugh:

Well, there's a mission on staff. I didn't wait around for whoever it is to come to the phone so I don't know if it's the love bombing hugger or someone else.

And, yes, I am evil. Thank you for noticing. I'll be here all week.

Blanky