What's new

Fallout Inside After "Going Clear" Documentary

Intentionally Blank

Scientology Widow
Interesting.

Very interesting.

I would bet there are a shitload of Ethics/External Influence missions fired out right now.

And let's just say we didn't even make Honorable Mention in the Birthday Game results :unsure: How I would love to be a fly on the wall at the org. I need to get me one of those spy pens someone posted about yesterday.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

A Sea Org mission is sent out to "handle" a particular situation. This usually involves heavy ethics, in other words the poor local staff are put under a microscope and get to confess their misdeeds under heavy duress, work all night, some get bounced off post, declared etc. It is usually thoroughly unpleasant — even catastrophic for some — for all concerned, for weeks on end.

That's exactly it, sir!

And, there were also those really "on Source" Flag missions (back when Herr Commodore was running the planet clearing garrison mission here on Earth) that "fired" into an org on day 1 by announcing their (ethics) presence by stabbing the Mission Orders onto the wall with a Sea Org dagger ("dirk"). That pretty much set the tone of high tone screaming, recriminations & deprivations that would ensue.

def

Sea Org Mission -noun: 1. Those series of standard administrative and policy actions that are undertaken by fully responsible senior Sea Org executives, in order to better secure their own jobs by rapidly and ruthlessly identifying the degraded and/or suppressive beings lower on the command channel who are actually fully responsible for the downstats. 2. The impressive array of Scientology management tools & remedies which alone are capable of transforming a Hill 10 into a Hill 11.​

Last edited:

Intentionally Blank

Scientology Widow
I don't know, Sindy.

If Mr/s Blanky's podunk org has a Sea Org mission, I would bet Scientologists are being told stuff like that.

Hey! Hey!! Who you calling podunk?? We are AihDEEEL! AihhhhDeeeeel, I tell you. Our stats of desperation, disaffection, and despair are straight up and vertical.

I can't say I would be horribly unhappy if Mr/s Blanky put the phone down and stopped cruising Jenna and Bohdi's facebook pages, though.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Sea Org missions into the podunk orgs.

I can only imagine the climate.

One thing that sucks about this is that I know the staff are being absolutely fucking tortured.

"Never ins" probably don't know about the little LRH "datum" that runs everything:

"Stats are internally caused."

Sounds benign enough on first glance.

But what it translates into is:

"Every single thing that happens, in the org or the outside world, which affects the stats, is the fault of the staff. If it's the media, the press, refunds, the internet. It's because of staff out ethics."

And, I'm telling you.

This is how it is run.

So, the fact that Going Clear aired means that there are undisclosed crimes of staff members.

I'm sure the Class V orgs are being hit.

The SO Orgs?

I can only imagine.

And, you have to remember.

The ones at Int...

...are imprisoned.

They can't get out.

:no:

MissWog

Silver Meritorious Patron
So, Sea Org staff are sent to Missions and Orgs to shame the people on staff into making more calls, getting more public back through the door paying for services and all around bully the staff to get statistics up? This is what a "Mission" is? Are the staff public Scientologists that are unpaid volunteers?

Also, do the Sea Org members hold meetings with public not on staff? Like Blankey's spouse? If so, do they berate normal public too?

Thanks in advance! I'm really curious what the scene is like for average joe parishioners who have day jobs.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
So, Sea Org staff are sent to Missions and Orgs to shame the people on staff into making more calls, getting more public back through the door paying for services and all around bully the staff to get statistics up? This is what a "Mission" is? Are the staff public Scientologists that are unpaid volunteers?

Also, do the Sea Org members hold meetings with public not on staff? Like Blankey's spouse? If so, do they berate normal public too?

Thanks in advance! I'm really curious what the scene is like for average joe parishioners who have day jobs.

1) So, Sea Org staff are sent to Missions and Orgs to shame the people on staff into making more calls, getting more public back through the door paying for services and all around bully the staff to get statistics up? This is what a "Mission" is?

That would be part of their mission orders. Along with a lot of ethics actions.

2) Are the staff public Scientologists that are unpaid volunteers?

No, they are contracted staff.

3) Also, do the Sea Org members hold meetings with public not on staff? Like Blankey's spouse? If so, do they berate normal public too?

Yes, if they were in the org to "handle a PR flap", they would either do this directly with the public or have what they consider to be a local "opinion leader" do it. Probably not so much "berate" as give them the party line. Probably share with them the smear shit they put on freedom.org, reassure them that the only reason the SPs are going crazy is because of Scientology's straight up and vertical expansion, and warn them to not read, listen to, or watch "entheta".

And, of course, tell them to donate money for the fight against the Espees. :eyeroll:

MissWog

1) So, Sea Org staff are sent to Missions and Orgs to shame the people on staff into making more calls, getting more public back through the door paying for services and all around bully the staff to get statistics up? This is what a "Mission" is?

That would be part of their mission orders. Along with a lot of ethics actions.

2) Are the staff public Scientologists that are unpaid volunteers?

No, they are contracted staff.

3) Also, do the Sea Org members hold meetings with public not on staff? Like Blankey's spouse? If so, do they berate normal public too?

Yes, if they were in the org to "handle a PR flap", they would either do this directly with the public or have what they consider to be a local "opinion leader" do it. Probably not so much "berate" as give them the party line. Probably share with them the smear shit they put on freedom.org, reassure them that the only reason the SPs are going crazy is because of Scientology's straight up and vertical expansion, and warn them to not read, listen to, or watch "entheta".

And, of course, tell them to donate money for the fight against the Espees. :eyeroll:
Does ethics actions mean get public to pay for sec checks?

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Does ethics actions mean get public to pay for sec checks?

Good question. I would imagine.

I'm sure there would be "metered ethics interviews". Whether or not the public would pay for these I don't know.

The ones that were determined to need sec checks I'm sure the org would be told the public need to pay for them.

AFAIK, the number of declares and staff expulsions is usually in proportion to the size of the shitstorm. A recent example is South Africa where a LOT of people got dumped all at once. So do you think a huge amount of people will be declared and or put off staff? Of course they can't afford to do so these days - but...?????

DeeAnna

Patron Meritorious
Hey! Hey!! Who you calling podunk?? We are AihDEEEL! AihhhhDeeeeel, I tell you. Our stats of desperation, disaffection, and despair are straight up and vertical.

I can't say I would be horribly unhappy if Mr/s Blanky put the phone down and stopped cruising Jenna and Bohdi's facebook pages, though.

Blanky, You are such a nice person. I honestly don't know how you stand it.
Take care.

cleared cannibal

Good question. I would imagine.

I'm sure there would be "metered ethics interviews". Whether or not the public would pay for these I don't know.

The ones that were determined to need sec checks I'm sure the org would be told the public need to pay for them.

Three years ago I had an interview with a SO mission and I didn't pay for it. I had the interview because I had concerns about some stuff I read on the net(Ether Cat's interviews). Oddly enough it was this session that really caused me to start digging deeper. I was talking something about OT III and the SO member told me not to say any more and to stop talking immediately . The reaction was one of fear and I didn't understand why until I read more on entheta sites. Now I understand she thought I was was going to tell her a bunch of stuff she wasn't supposed to hear.

A little later I had another interview with an org auditor and from these two interviews they put sort of an ethics program together for me. One of the things was not to look at critical sites. I told them I would look at what I wanted and I didn't hear any more about it. I even did quite of bit of auditing afterwards. Probably ethics actions are put on hold if you are buying a 12 intensive block?

Techless

Patron Meritorious
I'm guessing that anything any org or 'mission' would do for 'no charge' to staff public, or whatever: would ONLY be for the purposes of gathering intel. Otherwise, you pay, cause it's for your own good.

So I'd always be totally suspect of anything in the way of auditing, sec-checking for 'no fee'...

With that said though, I'm sure there's crafty ways of getting people to provide intel and pay for it too.

Really: there's needs to be another word made, because total 'insanity' just doesn't explain it-

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Around the late '90s, DM instrumented a campaign that got SO to look on staff as part-timers and public as full-on dilettantes. The staff were encouraged to look down on public by their SO "betters."

Previously, the public were fleeced mercilessly but not derided for not being on staff/in the SO. It changed around that time.

I watched it happen in the last few years I was on staff (I left in 2000) and then watched with vague amusement as I would have some 15 y.o. SO member try to bully me into something because he/she was SO and I was a former staff now public. Quoting "command intention" to me to get me to an event/recruit interview/regfest simply got me part amused and part pissed off.

Fuck that - I KNEW my Hubbard far, far better than any of those kids, and could quote back at them to justify what I was doing.

By the time I walked (2008) it was a lot further down the totalitarian road where SO commands were to be jumped at no matter how insane and "off-line." I fought them as I knew (and could quote/refer to) Hubbard well enough to point out the "Out Tech/Off Policy" and get them off my back, whether I was at NarCONon or wherever.

But most others either buckled or blew.

Lord only knows what Reign of Terror is being conducted against the Faithful now. When I was last dealing with SO members directly, they "knew" how the world worked far, far better than me and spoke to me like I was a 4 y.o. in need of guidance. I kid you not.

Those that are left Inside the Bubble are largely sheep, bleeting on cue and following orders. That's why they are still there and still doing the most ridiculous things that most of "us" would probably have quietly gotten around somehow.

Gib

Crusader
Around the late '90s, DM instrumented a campaign that got SO to look on staff as part-timers and public as full-on dilettantes. The staff were encouraged to look down on public by their SO "betters."

Previously, the public were fleeced mercilessly but not derided for not being on staff/in the SO. It changed around that time.

I watched it happen in the last few years I was on staff (I left in 2000) and then watched with vague amusement as I would have some 15 y.o. SO member try to bully me into something because he/she was SO and I was a former staff now public. Quoting "command intention" to me to get me to an event/recruit interview/regfest simply got me part amused and part pissed off.

Fuck that - I KNEW my Hubbard far, far better than any of those kids, and could quote back at them to justify what I was doing.

By the time I walked (2008) it was a lot further down the totalitarian road where SO commands were to be jumped at no matter how insane and "off-line." I fought them as I knew (and could quote/refer to) Hubbard well enough to point out the "Out Tech/Off Policy" and get them off my back, whether I was at NarCONon or wherever.

But most others either buckled or blew.

Lord only knows what Reign of Terror is being conducted against the Faithful now. When I was last dealing with SO members directly, they "knew" how the world worked far, far better than me and spoke to me like I was a 4 y.o. in need of guidance. I kid you not.

Those that are left Inside the Bubble are largely sheep, bleeting on cue and following orders. That's why they are still there and still doing the most ridiculous things that most of "us" would probably have quietly gotten around somehow.

Same here Scooter, I knew my Hubbard well enough and it saved me quite a few bucks and headaches. Whenever some reg would start to "hard sell" on donating to one of the front groups, Ideal Orgs, etc. I'd say you know I was on staff and know you are "hard selling" me, but listen kiddo, "hard sell" is supposed to be for doing the next service of auditing or training that is going to rehabilitate me, once I get my Bridge paid for and completed, I'll think about it. So buzz off.

Or, when some reg tried to "hard sell" to hand out Way to Happy booklets, I'd say, you know, there are many games in scientology, and this is not my gig. See yah.

I never got written up or KR's or anything.

But, anyways, a good friend is starting to really questions things in scientology, the person has heard a lot in the radio and News, and I told them the above, during our conversation, and the response was "yah, that's right" :thumbsup: