What's new

Fallout Inside After "Going Clear" Documentary

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

I get the impression that Tom is pretty much bankrolling his own movies at this point - but I'm no expert.

I didn't read all of this thread, but where did you get that idea?

I haven't studied the financing deals behind Cruise's last few movies, but I will mention that it is extremely rare that a movie star, director or producer uses their own money to finance a motion picture.

I don't actually recall any movie that Cruise ever financed.

Typically, if an actor finances their own film it becomes quite widely written about, such as Mel Gibson's "The Passion of Christ" which he and his company invested $30M for the production and another $15M for the marketing. It is written that he earned several hundred million dollars back from that investment.

Cruise did once become a minor investor/partner to acquire the legendary movie company United Artists, generally considered a "vanity deal". That deal went bad and Cruise exited the movie financing business and his dream of being able to independently produce/finance his own films.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Not my area at all, but, I thought I'd heard that Kevin Costner got heavily involved in the making of "Open Range".

Maybe not all the money but some of it ?

Anyway, TC seems to lack the horsepower he once had.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
"Going Clear" will be commercially released in Sydney this coming Thursday night.:woohoo:

In a cinema a short distance from the AOSH ANZO no less - in an adjoining suburb. Many $ciloons won't travel to see it because it's what it is and also the area is a GLBT stronghold demographically.:roflmao:

But I'm sure there will be a few risking their "eternity" to see what the fuss is about - and maybe even OSA (I'm looking at you, Michael Gordon) will be outside protesting "striking an effective blow against the enemies of the group one has been pretending to be part of despite personal danger." :puke:

:party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party:

:drama:

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron
We have someone on site this week, out here in PodunkLand, from one of the LA orgs. It sounds as if everyone. including public, is being called in to meet with a rep 'just to chat'.

Is it a metered "chat"?

Paul

Not that I am aware but I'll know more after after Mr/s Blanky's had a turn. I don't know for sure if s/he'll tell me, but I will have some idea how bad it was by the level of stress and irritation. Golly it's gonna be a fun week.

I just realized we need and "omg! Praying for you" button. So what happened? Did you get called in?

Intentionally Blank

Scientology Widow
I just realized we need and "omg! Praying for you" button. So what happened? Did you get called in?

Lol - I'll have to add that to my running wish list of buttons ;)

Hummm..... it must not have been anything too extreme since I don't recall specifics. I think it was about "how can we help you get up the bridge"? It's possible members with bigger bank accounts got hit a little harder.

How much did she donate?

Mr/s Blanky has very little disposable income and virtually no credit thanks to a bad cult decision some years ago. If s/he donated anything it wasn't much.

Leland

Crusader

I didn't read all of this thread, but where did you get that idea?

I haven't studied the financing deals behind Cruise's last few movies, but I will mention that it is extremely rare that a movie star, director or producer uses their own money to finance a motion picture.

I don't actually recall any movie that Cruise ever financed.

Typically, if an actor finances their own film it becomes quite widely written about, such as Mel Gibson's "The Passion of Christ" which he and his company invested $30M for the production and another $15M for the marketing. It is written that he earned several hundred million dollars back from that investment.

Cruise did once become a minor investor/partner to acquire the legendary movie company United Artists, generally considered a "vanity deal". That deal went bad and Cruise exited the movie financing business and his dream of being able to independently produce/finance his own films.

I agree with you HH.

Plus...There were stories going around that TC had been pushing to get monies up front or some such...or a bigger slice of the pie....from Paramount, for his pictures..and Sumner Redstone...the owner of Paramount....turned him down cold.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Nice to see " Going Clear " so well received by some many public !

Wouldn't you like to have a camera on DM while he watched it ?

No, not a fly on the wall while he watched it as everything in the room got destroyed - LOL !

You know the twerp HAD to watch it.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Lol - I'll have to add that to my running wish list of buttons ;)

Hummm..... it must not have been anything too extreme since I don't recall specifics. I think it was about "how can we help you get up the bridge"? It's possible members with bigger bank accounts got hit a little harder.

Mr/s Blanky has very little disposable income and virtually no credit thanks to a bad cult decision some years ago. If s/he donated anything it wasn't much.

Last night, out of the blue, I got a phone call to come to the Maiden Voyage event at the org. They have scraped the bottom of the barrel so hard that they've broken through the bottom and are digging in the subsoil underneath.

SPsince83

Gold Meritorious Patron
Last night, out of the blue, I got a phone call to come to the Maiden Voyage event at the org. They have scraped the bottom of the barrel so hard that they've broken through the bottom and are digging in the subsoil underneath.

Well, how else are they to break through and get you to realize you need to uprate your status for the good of mankind?

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
And just around the corner there will be yet another big PR nightmare for the cult.

If it wasn't for bad news they'd not get any news at all !

Intentionally Blank

Scientology Widow

Was that MV we missed last weekend?? Sadly Mr/s Blanky and I were out drinking and dancing and partying with friends. :dancer::party::squirrel:

Are you going to go?

Oh please say you did and that we'll have a new recording to listen to over at Tony's! Andreas was just heading for summer re-runs. :roflmao::roflmao:

Blanky

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
Was that MV we missed last weekend?? Sadly Mr/s Blanky and I were out drinking and dancing and partying with friends. :dancer::party::squirrel:

Oh please say you did and that we'll have a new recording to listen to over at Tony's! Andreas was just heading for summer re-runs. :roflmao::roflmao:

Blanky
I'm trying to figure out if either you or I are serious about what we posted.