What's new

Father of Walking Dead star tells of Scientology Disconnection

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Father of Walking Dead star tells of Scientology Disconnection.

Daily Mail: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Scientology-brainwashed-family-froze-out.html

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

EXCLUSIVE: 'I have four children who are Hollywood stars - but they are dead mentally to me, it's like they don't exist.' Father of Walking Dead and That '70s Show stars accuses Scientology religion of 'brainwashing' his kids

Joe Reiache was one of the highest-ranking Scientologists - and had been a member of its clergy - but questioned its claim of telekenisis

The father of four was declared 'suppressive' and cut off from his wife and their four children more than a decade ago

All four children are Hollywood successes, with roles including The Walking Dead, That '70s Show, Malcolm in the Middle and Last Man Standing

But Reiache, a former Australian rugby player with the Sydney Roosters, tells Daily Mail Online: 'They're good kids but they're mentally dead to me.'

He is one of a tiny number of former members of Sea Org to speak publicly and says: 'It's a very deep and sordid abyss.'

By Laura Collins For Dailymail.com

Published: 13:49 GMT, 28 July 2015 | Updated: 18:58 GMT, 28 July 2015

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

Billy Blinder

Patron with Honors
Father of Walking Dead star tells of Scientology Disconnection.

Daily Mail: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Scientology-brainwashed-family-froze-out.html

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

EXCLUSIVE: 'I have four children who are Hollywood stars - but they are dead mentally to me, it's like they don't exist.' Father of Walking Dead and That '70s Show stars accuses Scientology religion of 'brainwashing' his kids

Joe Reiache was one of the highest-ranking Scientologists - and had been a member of its clergy - but questioned its claim of telekenisis

The father of four was declared 'suppressive' and cut off from his wife and their four children more than a decade ago

All four children are Hollywood successes, with roles including The Walking Dead, That '70s Show, Malcolm in the Middle and Last Man Standing

But Reiache, a former Australian rugby player with the Sydney Roosters, tells Daily Mail Online: 'They're good kids but they're mentally dead to me.'

He is one of a tiny number of former members of Sea Org to speak publicly and says: 'It's a very deep and sordid abyss.'

By Laura Collins For Dailymail.com

Published: 13:49 GMT, 28 July 2015 | Updated: 18:58 GMT, 28 July 2015

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

Great article. :thumbsup:

I do have to say that I never got into the Walking Dead, and those sit coms. Kind of entheta. LOL

Seems to me scientology is about saving the world thru heroric efforts, and not theta efforts. LOL

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious
One difference in Joe and his kids is that he achieved his fame before he was a Scientologist, therefore does not associate it with his success like his kids probably associate theirs with it.

Also, he didn't grow up in it and therefore his brain wasn't as heavily stewed.

Having four of them (five if you include Mom) probably policing each other's ethics will not help him reconnect with any of them. But there's always a chance one will have a falling out with the cult, and then want to reconnect.

I think it's great he speaks out, and speaks his own mind, tells of his experiences. The odds are that by showing the idiotic nature of the cult's rules on SPs, it helps the cult collapse faster, and that could help his children reconnect with him too.

Hopefully, some fellow actors of the four who are not Scientologists may see this and prod them a little about it -- "You mean you won't see your Dad because you think he's an SP? And while you're here, could you show me your powerz of telekinesis?"

Dean Blair

Silver Meritorious Patron
The Daily Mail has a rather large readership and this article will do a lot to inform the world about the evils of the Scientology organization. I feel so much empathy for Joe Reaiche as will others. The cult is making itself more toxic everyday by implementing dead L Rons destructive policies.

Capture.PNGxxx.png

Capture.PNGvvv.png

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
Is this a parody :no::

When vanityfair.com reached out to the Church of Scientology for comment, the organization provided the following statement:

“Mr. Reaiche is a deadbeat dad exploiting his children. He was expelled a decade ago from the Church for involving Church members in his unethical financial dealings. He has had ample opportunities to resolve his personal relationships, but has instead used his one-time association with the Church to generate publicity. To find out the truth about Scientology and the global humanitarian programs the Church sponsors, see our website at www.scientooloogy.org.”

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
I find it very ironic - The Walking Dead has always seemed to me to be a metaphor for scn/co$ - the TRUE walking dead . . . .

And then Allana is given a job on a later season - playing a lesbian. :lol:

I saw a blurb about her being pregnant, a photo of her showing off her belly - I wonder how that is going to play on TWD . . . A rape? OR is she going to get killed off - so many of them do get killed on that show - Eaten alive, becoming one of The Walking Dead (like in scno/co$). And who is the daddy - Connor? Or maybe the whole thing is fake, a 'shopped' photo - ??

I think these kids took the name Masterson because of the disconnection, total, with their dad - AND it has the word 'master' in it. :laugh:

The celebs in scno/co% are not treated the same as the regular everyday public scno/staff/so. And the celebs love it, as it feeds their sense of entitlement and superiority, not realizing that most of the people in the world see most actors as fairly dumb and uneducated, and self centered - spoiled - not one of the regular folks. They prove it over and over every time they open their mouths and talk about anything other than their craft . . . Duh. There are exceptions of course, extraordinary exceptions. We've seen a few, the ones who get out, and then speak up, make it public. Courage and honor, strength of character - traits sorely lacking in most actors. And not traits nurtured in scno/co$, so cultivating them while being a scno is quite extraordinary.

Hey - but anyone can change . . . . Yo, TC, JT, Krusty, Allana - WAKE UP ! You are being used ! And it makes you look very dumb . . .

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious
Is this a parody :no::

When vanityfair.com reached out to the Church of Scientology for comment, the organization provided the following statement:

“Mr. Reaiche is a deadbeat dad exploiting his children. He was expelled a decade ago from the Church for involving Church members in his unethical financial dealings. He has had ample opportunities to resolve his personal relationships, but has instead used his one-time association with the Church to generate publicity. To find out the truth about Scientology and the global humanitarian programs the Church sponsors, see our website at www.scientooloogy.org.”

What, no malfeasance? He couldn't have been that bad if there was no malfeasance. Just what is he generated publicity for?

If his four kids all have successful acting careers, whatever deprivation he put them through by being a deadbeat, it didn't seem to hamper them. In what way is just wanting to talk to them considered exploitation? The cult's the one who is exploiting his children, with their stupid SP declares and not allowing them to talk to him without getting in ethics trouble. I'm sure they've put the donation screws to all of them now that they're working actors. And they're not interested in Joe because they can't exploit his fame as they once did, to make more clams.