What's new

FBI Investigates Scientology Re Free Labor

Hoodwinked

Patron with Honors
I found this today on AOL.com:

"FBI Investigates Scientology
The controversial church allegedly used free labor to meet lavish demands made by Tom Cruise. "

Excerpts:

"Reports indicate the abuse charges relate to, in part, paying church members just $50 per week to meet Cruise's demands, which included customizing a building and repairing boats and motorcycles."

"The claims against Miscavige allege he lives a lavish lifestyle -- including employing two private chefs, flying on chartered jets and owning a collection of expensive cars and custom made shoes -- as the leader of the church, despite federal laws that forbid the heads of tax exempt groups to profit from their organizations."

http://www.popeater.com/2011/02/08/tom-cruise-scientology-investigation-free-labor/

Ulf K. Maier

Patron Meritorious
!

I found this today on AOL.com:

"FBI Investigates Scientology
The controversial church allegedly used free labor to meet lavish demands made by Tom Cruise. "

Excerpts:

"Reports indicate the abuse charges relate to, in part, paying church members just $50 per week to meet Cruise's demands, which included customizing a building and repairing boats and motorcycles."

"The claims against Miscavige allege he lives a lavish lifestyle -- including employing two private chefs, flying on chartered jets and owning a collection of expensive cars and custom made shoes -- as the leader of the church, despite federal laws that forbid the heads of tax exempt groups to profit from their organizations."

http://www.popeater.com/2011/02/08/tom-cruise-scientology-investigation-free-labor/

Thanks! Good article. TC has definitely been the beneficiary of SO slave labor, from almost day one in the cult.

Interesting how thus far Miscavige's reply to charges or inurement are flat denials. I can't wait to see how that holds up in court, as video of his lavish digs is displayed for the jury... :yes:

freethinker

Sponsor

BC1

Patron with Honors
AOL bought Huffington Post a couple of days ago. Huffington Post has written multiple Scientology articles in the last few years, so now they have a larger distribution channel for all their CoS information. Yeah!

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
I was already sufficiently appalled by the SO and the RPF. In the past year, I've been hearing about more and more cases of actual outright imprisonment. There was a post here somewhere about someone who was in CHAINS.

I mean, dear god, WTF????

freet43

Patron with Honors
lots of great articles coming out - YAYYYYYYY!!!!!!

finally!

And, Scientology was one of the top 10 "trending now" on yahoo today!

Marina

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
I did say last week that governments should raid the RPF and set the victims free.

And now the FBI is investigting.

At last!! My postulates are beginning to stick!!

Helena