What's new

FCDC circa 1970

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pliny Younger

Patron with Honors
Mervine

I thought Mervine played the key boards. Wasn't it John Stanard on the guitar, Thad Comstock on the other guitar?

Veda

Sponsor

Scientology Inc. monitors ESMB. It's not necessary to go into a "I'm OSA!" routine every time that's mentioned, especially after the question was asked.

Noting that there are pickpockets in Grand Central Station in NYC on a crowded day is common sense, no need to go, "Oh, I'm a pick pocket too!"

It accomplishes nothing, just makes ya look kinda silly.

P.S. Just making a point generally for all those who insist on going, "I'm OSA!" every time the subject comes up.

nozeno

Gold Meritorious Patron
First, Chip, I love your avatar. In that regard, I'd pay good money to see Dubin and Tim Mantis together again. Those two were like ... can't think of a comedy team as funny. I giggle while recalling their numerous, and usually vaguely out-ethics, playful antics. (And Mantis must have had a big one, because he married two major babes.)

But I digress...... Anyone remember Jon Mervine's "dance"? Jon was FCDC's answer to Nixon/Ford --> Carter path that the wog world was taking at the same time. Nixon was Franks, and Jon was, alas, Carter. Nice guy, very smart, great sense of humor, but WAY over his head. He decided to put together a dance as a "destim" action after the Rape of Wilhelm Francks. It was actually pretty nice. Jon could play wicked guitar and had a great voice, and put together a credible band. But as the evening wore on (alcohol flowed), other entertainment occurred -- there was a "play" [this was all before the suppressive joker-degrader shit started] where some of the group track was acted out. One of the actors, an actor/writer in the real world, wrote the script and did a KILLER imitation of "Michael" Bobby Wisner, PhD, M.D. A.Hole. He got Wisner's smarmy, used-car, 1.1 grin in his voice. There was major key-in amongst the more victimy of the audience, but it was nonetheless hilarious. Many hangovers the next morning, and a line into Qual of "restimmed" staff.

There were so many talented people there. Wasted years? My take looking back is it was far more helpful to me in the real world than college, at a minimum. Also strengthened the backbone.

Ya know, now that you mention Peter Letterese in your signature, you remind me of what an excellent salesman he was (is?). I know now that what he was selling was pie in the sky, but he sure could make them thetans part with their jing, and smile while he was doing it. There were those back in the day that didn't like him, but I think they were probably jealous. He would have made one hell of a stockbroker.

Anyone know where he is or what he's doing?

GoButtonIsBlowButton

Patron with Honors
Letterese... aptly named Peter...

He was superb at being able to talk anyone into anything (women included), but he had this death-wish -- he couldn't do it straight -- he could not continue to do what was successful without criminalizing it. I've followed his escapades on the internet. He had this Galileo Systems that did "management consulting" mainly for dentists. As with all the WISE consultants, they appeal to closet bureaucrats, and offer them the stultifying joy of a Stalinist bureaucracy, much like the orgs, complete with enemies and PTS's. No firing squads, but he made you buy your own bullet. After a few dentists started suing him for no results and high fees (Google for details), he started this bizarre self-defense course company pitched at the babes. He managed to get the copyright on BLS away from its author, and then I think sued the church for copyright violation (he did have a wierd sense of irony). Currently the links that used to be there (including one with him commandingly using his headset on his totally shiny bald head!) are all gone, probably because he's litigating. Last seen somewhere in south Florida. I don't think he can set foot in an org. When even the church thinks you're wacky... you're probably in trouble!

Speaking of which, anyone know the whereabouts of Charlie Coulon? I saw him a few times in the 70's in LA, living with Juliette Lewis's mommy. Heard he headed out to Oklahoma to sell oil wells.

What an interesting bunch we all are!

GoButtonIsBlowButton

Patron with Honors
Peetah (think Family Guy)...

Dave Richards, when "handling" Letterese on his latest 2D fiasco, used to crack himself up by saying "There he goes -- dramatizing his name again!"

Escalus

Patron Meritorious
Scientology Inc. monitors ESMB. It's not necessary to go into a "I'm OSA!" routine every time that's mentioned, especially after the question was asked.

Noting that there are pickpockets in Grand Central Station in NYC on a crowded day is common sense, no need to go, "Oh, I'm a pick pocket too!"

It accomplishes nothing, just makes ya look kinda silly.

P.S. Just making a point generally for all those who insist on going, "I'm OSA!" every time the subject comes up.

Oh bite me.

Long Gone

Patron with Honors
Dietz liked to remind everyone who would listen that he was Hans Guderian, the brilliant German tank commander.

Dietz told me soon after I began my staff stint that everyone at FCDC was either a criminal, a pervert, or a liar. We became friends when I admitted to fitting two of the categories.

GoButtonIsBlowButton

Patron with Honors
Jacobs

A likeable, but flaky, sad junkie (literally). Rumor was he returned to Allentown and 'sweet jane'. But hell, he may have a chain of Paneras now.

Long Gone

Patron with Honors
Div 6 Bookseller

We seem to have true clears with excellent recall here, so perhaps some of you can help settle a dispute. DC, circa 73-74, there was a bookselling unit with three people: Abby Bregman, another woman and a guy. Can anyone name the woman? I think her name is Marsha Quinn, but my disagreeable :grouch: friend insists that is incorrect. This was before Glenn Smoak moved from Div 2 to Div 6 and took over the book selling unit and created the testing center in Georgetown etc. I know Abby participated in that venture and not sure about this other girl.

Please save a poor wretch who must have falsely attested to clear and cannot find his file clerk to dig up the name.

Thanks

GoButtonIsBlowButton

Patron with Honors
MMMMMMMMarsha! You are correct, sir!

Blonde, maybe 20, about 5', really cute and beautiful at the same time, slightly hippie, but loved to wear white blouses with nothing under in order to show off her small but spectacularly cute titties, both out on the street and in the org. Foul mouth, got around (sometimes with the book buyers), and shameless flirt when it came to selling a book. She and Abby used to team guys in the Giant parking lots and sold that DMSMH! They had this old cube truck they used to zoom around in. Many, many people bought DMSMH because of them.

Maybe Gallo handled the ethics cycle that resulted in her becoming Franks' communicator. She was a living doll in that S.O.-lite outfit Franks made her wear.

Last edited:

Long Gone

Patron with Honors
Yay! I win. I'd heard some tales about her unique (maybe not unique) bookselling tactics. Too bad I met her after I'd already bought my book.

The whole white blouse no bra dress code was not her style alone. There were notable others who also impressed in that manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.