What's new

Federal Senate Inquiry into the CofS, called for, in Australian Parliament tonight

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

If you go to the front page of the UK Times online, it's the 4th story down. In the space of a few lines, they use the words:

"Scientology", "criminal organisation", "Australian PM", "torture", "embezzlement", "coerced abortions", along with links to two earlier articles, one about the French fraud conviction and the other entitled "Secret mission to expose Hubbard as a fake."

Wonderful positioning. :)

Paul

jenni with an eye

Silver Meritorious Patron
Tonight I have listened to the You Tube video (thanks to Free To Shine for putting it up). I am disgusted at the inept & irresponsible response that Cyrus (Blitherer) Brooks comes out with.

If the Senator did not submit this within Parlimentary Privilege the CofS, namely OSA & high paid goons would do everything they could to totally destroy the Senator.
Not to mention what pleasure the CofS would take in also destroying Carmel, Tim, Aaron, Paul, Kevin & every one else who contributed to this cycle.

OSA is crying foul..throwing accusations of violating religous freedom.
What a load of crap... the CofS violates religious freedom every day of the week with its arrogance, indifference & total disregard for basic human rights.

Of course this all happens even before one tries to leave.

Zhent

Leakus Maximus
I just watched the today tonight video.

My jaw hit the floor again, no words to describe it! :omg:

I cant thank you guys enough for speaking out publicly like this, breathtaking stuff!

Miss Pert

OSA is crying foul..throwing accusations of violating religous freedom.
What a load of crap... the CofS violates religious freedom every day of the week with its arrogance, indifference & total disregard for basic human rights.

Of course this all happens even before one tries to leave.

I remember before I left, when I told a certain "on OTVII" friend of mine that you had left the church, she told me that it was a suppressive act, as was someone posting on this board. When I quoted the creed to her regarding the right to choose ones own religion and the right to think freely, speak freely etc, she said "now you're just being reasonable." :omg:

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
This video just stopped 4 minutes into it while I was watching it just now. Now I am unable to play it. Looks like it was just taken off the Internet.

Hey Vinaire,

Just checked it. Seems to have been some glitch but all good now. Playing fine now. Maybe do the old "refresh, tap side of computer gently" trick.

TA Jacker

Patron
This is a fantastic piece of investigator journalism. I hope everyone writes to Xenophon with their story of abuses and injustices perpetrated against them while members of the church or while trying to leave.

I'm sure every Sea Org member around the planet is on a "Call to Arms" busily writing letters to the Australian Senate of untold successes due to the great work being done in Scientology. Dickheads!

GO Bryan Seymour! You good thing!

jenni with an eye

I remember before I left, when I told a certain "on OTVII" friend of mine that you had left the church, she told me that it was a suppressive act, as was someone posting on this board. When I quoted the creed to her regarding the right to choose ones own religion and the right to think freely, speak freely etc, she said "now you're just being reasonable." :omg:

Sounds to me like she has lost the ability to think freely, speak freely etc., for fear she would be considered "reasonable". :omg:

aaron saxton

Patron with Honors
Backwards ... Again

I want to thank Cyrus from the Church for promising to review all allegations and take them seriously and investigate them in full because the Church would never jump to conclusions about such matters... oh wait, he must have already done that because he said we were all a bunch of liars and it was all untrue.

That would make his investigation about 0.34 seconds long...and to his credit, that is at least 0.34 seconds longer than any other Church Official investigation.

And I want to also thank Cyrus for being truly OT, and knowing everything that has happened to me, and all Scientologists around the planet and capable of making comment on behalf of all our experiences - without even knowing them.

Total O.T., I am in awe...

And on a personal note, I sincerely hope the Sea Org reverses it's "no perfume or scented items of any kind" policy, the smell of b_llsh_t there must be getting fairly intollerable at this stage.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
I just finished the video about 15 min ago.

Very raw and emotionally moving. :bigcry:

I just checked back on the site when I read Vinaire's post and found it gone. Don't know what's up. It did keep stopping to load while I watched it. Very slow. I do hope it's just too many people trying to access it.

jenni with an eye

I have now seen both Today Tonight & A Current Affair segments.

Wow...you guys did a great job.. totally blew me away.

I love a good serving of truth with my dinner, it aids the digestion :happydance: