What's new

Federal Senate Inquiry into the CofS, called for, in Australian Parliament tonight

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
I want to thank Cyrus from the Church for promising to review all allegations and take them seriously and investigate them in full because the Church would never jump to conclusions about such matters... oh wait, he must have already done that because he said we were all a bunch of liars and it was all untrue.

That would make his investigation about 0.34 seconds long...and to his credit, that is at least 0.34 seconds longer than any other Church Official investigation.

And I want to also thank Cyrus for being truly OT, and knowing everything that has happened to me, and all Scientologists around the planet and capable of making comment on behalf of all our experiences - without even knowing them.

Total O.T., I am in awe...

And on a personal note, I sincerely hope the Sea Org reverses it's "no perfume or scented items of any kind" policy, the smell of b_llsh_t there must be getting fairly intollerable at this stage.

Hey Aaron, I read the full transcript since I posted to welcome you.

Wow!

Just wondering....has the search party retrieved the ball yet?

Goodonya' for your stand for justice. The abuse could never continue if even a fraction of Scientologists were as honest and brave as you. Thank-you. :thumbsup:

Sir Facer

Patron with Honors
Well Done Matey

I want to thank Cyrus from the Church for promising to review all allegations and take them seriously and investigate them in full because the Church would never jump to conclusions about such matters... oh wait, he must have already done that because he said we were all a bunch of liars and it was all untrue.

That would make his investigation about 0.34 seconds long...and to his credit, that is at least 0.34 seconds longer than any other Church Official investigation.

And I want to also thank Cyrus for being truly OT, and knowing everything that has happened to me, and all Scientologists around the planet and capable of making comment on behalf of all our experiences - without even knowing them.

And on a personal note, I sincerely hope the Sea Org reverses it's "no perfume or scented items of any kind" policy, the smell of b_llsh_t there must be getting fairly intollerable at this stage.

Hi Aron,
Welcome and welldone. was great meeting ya, your truths blew me away.
Ana:coolwink:

jenni with an eye

Silver Meritorious Patron

Great job Aron you rock :rock::rock:
I think the only thing Cyrus & OSA take seriously are the number of lies they can create to discredit good people.
OSA & the CofS taking allegations seriously... :roflmao::roflmao:

Inspired

Firstly can I say well done to Carmel and Scooter and the others who have obviously been instrumental in bringing this to the stage it is at now. Surely a substantial step towards redemption. With regards to Gregory Williams the question surely has to be asked a) why isn't he declared now? and b) does he honestly think the only injustice perpetrated by the organisation was that done to the Underwoods? Surely to god he must not. Finnaly c) With everything that Xenophon listed in his brilliant speech why hasn't Gregory called the AO and told them he is handing in his membership card? you should stop "refusing to be a part of it" and start actively opposing it. Also I think if we're all going to be honest with each other we would have to assume in your psych busting days you were a party to just as horrific and immoral crimes as OSA? Also as an aside the term "humanitarian" unless injected with humor is normally a term best used by others to descrive oneself.

With that said well done again guys - make sure you keep fighting the bastards at every turn.

Hatshepsut

Crusader
THANKS everybody for the links! Brilliant. Sharing vids with all my friends via e-mail. This week is Davey's 9/11.

I have to say though, Aussie Scios seem almost NORMAL compared to the California fruit and nut variety.

Did Australia go through the 60's?

I'm trying to figure out why one group still has some speaking/thinking skills and the other one not. Re- the defenders of the church in the news clips shown lately speaking to media.

Last edited:

randomx

Patron with Honors
Story hit NZ.

Well done all you guys.

Didn`t see it myself, but have been told
TV one in New Zealand ran this story on
the evening news.

Not just as a headline.
But with some footage backing up
the recent developments in Australia.

By the way... "Virginia Stewart ...Your TR`s suck !!"

Spirited

Patron with Honors
Firstly can I say well done to Carmel and Scooter and the others who have obviously been instrumental in bringing this to the stage it is at now. Surely a substantial step towards redemption. With regards to Gregory Williams the question surely has to be asked a) why isn't he declared now? and b) does he honestly think the only injustice perpetrated by the organisation was that done to the Underwoods? Surely to god he must not. Finnaly c) With everything that Xenophon listed in his brilliant speech why hasn't Gregory called the AO and told them he is handing in his membership card? you should stop "refusing to be a part of it" and start actively opposing it. Also I think if we're all going to be honest with each other we would have to assume in your psych busting days you were a party to just as horrific and immoral crimes as OSA? Also as an aside the term "humanitarian" unless injected with humor is normally a term best used by others to descrive oneself.

With that said well done again guys - make sure you keep fighting the bastards at every turn.
wednesday night is it? last chance stats before thursday at 2?
welcome to the board. just rock on in guns a blazing there. :duh:

Inspired

wednesday night is it? last chance stats before thursday at 2?
welcome to the board. just rock on in guns a blazing there. :duh:
I think you think I am a scientologist ... whats more a staff member because I would be so bold as to be less than gushing in my post. I can asure you I am not. What's more if you read what I said I commended the people who wrote the letters for doing what they did. So don't be too quick to judge now will you.

Spirited

Patron with Honors
I know what you posted. jsut dont be too quick to attack someone on this board.

Last edited:
I just saw the story reported on BBC world news. They did have the Mr. Xenophon; and the OZ prime minister commenting, and Virginia from OSA, but strangely, showed German/Europen churches of Scienmindfuckology. Perhaps the OZ "Churches" were torn down before the BBC could get pics of them.

xenophobia/xenophonobia - I see a redefinition evolving for Scientology wordclearers to have ready at their desks.

I just saw the story reported on BBC world news. They did have the Mr. Xenophon; and the OZ prime minister commenting, and Virginia from OSA, but strangely, showed German/Europen churches of Scienmindfuckology. Perhaps the OZ "Churches" were torn down before the BBC could get pics of them.

xenophobia/xenophonobia - I see a redefinition evolving for Scientology wordclearers to have ready at their desks.

Actually, I just had a COG. Like WOW...just WOW!!!!
When you see the word Xenu, even if it's mispelt as Exno, and implanted in a name, like a little thetan in a volcano, it really does spell disaster. But not for me.

skydog

Patron Meritorious
Elron is American. The loopholes in the constitution are the weakness allowing the infection. Changing definitions of religion might help, but seriously, why is freedom of religion important? Perhaps that's another thread. I don't see tolerance for delusion as an important thing in democracy.

The problem is not with the constitution-it lies with the Department of Justice and the structure of the american income tax system. The constitution allows for individuals to believe anything they want (a principle most civilized people fully support) but the courts have always drawn a distinction between religious practices which may be regulated and criminalized and religious beliefs which may not. As Senator Xenephone so articulately notes, there is an overwhelming body of credible evidence that organized scientology is a corrupt and criminal organization. It is the duty of the department of justice to act on this evidence. The failure to do so, in my opinion, is just plain wrong.

Senator Xenephone also raises the issue of the organization's tax exempt status. I am assuming that the Australian tax code bears a similarity to our tax code in the United States. He correctly states that granting religious organizations tax exempt status provides a government subsidy to religions. In the United States, it does so in two ways: it allows individuals to deduct from their income donations to these organizations and also exempts income received by the organization from taxation.

The government pays twice for this policy. Assuming an individual is subject to the marginal tax rate of 35%, every dollar donated to a "tax exempt organization" (legal entities registered under 501(c) of the tax code) results in a tax savings to the individual (and loss of revenue to the government) of 35 cents. Likewise, the "tax exempt organization" is not required to declare the donations received as income. Assuming that it also would pay a marginal tax of 35% of its income, the government loses an additional 35 or a total of 70 cents for each dollar donated.

Senator Xenephone makes an excellent point. The taxpayers of Austrailia are footing the bill for the human rights abused perpetrated by this organization.

British Mom

Patron with Honors
In Parliament tonight, Senator Xenophon called for a Senate Inquiry into the Church of Scientology, and gave his reasons why.

When the hansard (transcript) of Senator Xenophon's speech to the Senate (which was bloody awesome :thumbsup:) is available, we'll post it.

And, media will follow tomorrow, so stay tuned! :happydance:

:cheers2: :party: :coolwink:

Well done Camel, I am so pleased :happydance::happydance: so much enturbulation for the Cult. I remember someone saying to me the best way to get to them, is to get a group together & they all tell their stories & this is happening :thumbsup: thank you so much for what you & the others are doing. :yes::yes:God bless you all.

skydog

Patron Meritorious
I've been holding my breath waiting for this to start. This could be huge....and fatal.

The Cof$ is being exposed as a criminal organisation by Nick Xenophon, I can hardly believe it.

I'm so proud to know Carmel, Tim, Scoots, Aaron and the Dethridges they showed extraordinary courage in exposing the crimes they did.:thumbsup:

I know it wasn't easy for any of them and now according to the church we are serving a fascist regime. Bullshit!

We're exposing one.

Wankers!

YOU WERE AWSOME TOO, FERAL-

skydog

Patron Meritorious
And with the spotlight now nationally on them as well.

No wriggling out of this one, methinks.

Bonus side-issue - we'll get an accurate estimate of cult members from the number of signed letters of protest written.:thumbsup:
:roflmao:

I'd say the all-hands letter-writing has started, next will be the "mandatory briefing" for all those with cash - I mean, those who care.:duh:

And a caravan of true believers to Canberra to gather on the lawns outside of Parliament House to "Tone 40" get their message across.

Maybe they can still get in some games of Bingo to raise money for the Ideal Morgue funds too.

GREAT JOB SCOOTER

skydog

Patron Meritorious

:thumbsup:

Best wishes Aron-you guys are the best.

FinallyMe

Silver Meritorious Patron
Many pages ago, Hummingbird posted a link for American's to write their congressmen - THANK YOU for that. As it happens, good ole' Brad Sherman, whom I used to admire, is my congressman so I took him to task for appearing to support the COfS without knowing who they really are, and I then copied the news report outlining Mr. Xenophon's report, asking that he join the investigation. I think this is the time to really get behind this bandwagon and move it along wherever we can, thanks to the AAs (Awesome Australians) starting it!!