What's new

Federal Senate Inquiry into the CofS, called for, in Australian Parliament tonight

Mystic

Crusader
Dear Australia,

Thank you, thank you, thank you and thank you. Thank you so very, very much for what you have done getting the information to Senator Xenophon. And thank you for all the follow-up efforts you are now into. Maybe the USA will wake up a bit more. At least they have the SPTimes.

I think I'll go outside and sing Waltzing Matilda to our Sun.

auntpat

Patron with Honors
My small contrubution

I wrote Senator Xenophon to thank him and that my hope was that his speech would circle the globe.

I also wrote my Congressman abbout the speech and that I was embarressed that I was an American when the Organization of Scientology was flourishing in this country hiding it's crimes behind the cloak of religion.

The group of esmb that were involved in bringing these truths into the light have my tremendous respect, and eternal gratitude.

Love and LIGHT,

Aunt Pat

dontscamme

Patron Meritorious
Scientology Under Fire from Nick Xenophon: Intergalactic Badass

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 10:00AM - By Ian Fortey

http://funnycrave.com/scientology-under-fire-from-nick-xenophon-intergalactic-badass/6184/

This guy has a weird sense of humor. I'll just quote the last paragraph.

Xenophon is apparently a senator in Australia, and that means the people of Australia came together as a group in enough numbers to acknowledge they wanted Xenophon to get shit done on their behalf. They were all “Damn, all this Fosters and koala crap is weak. We need change.” And then Xenophon appears and it seems like this man is taking guff from no one. He’s guffless. Not Paul Hogan, not Mel Gibson and sure as hell not Tom Cruise, because he’s fed up with Scientology. Likely he intends to wait until he’s officially sanctioned by the government before he heads to the Australian HQ of Scientology and literally kicks the building to the ground. Literally. With his goddamn feet. Which will probably be bare because Nick Xenophon don’t need no damn shoes. Now scat, your sister’s coming over.

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
handed over complaints

The State Crime Command of NSW Police yesterday confirmed that Senator Xenophon had handed over the ex-Scientologists' complaints for investigation.

The letters - tabled in the Senate - allege abuses including coerced abortions, assault, imprisonment, the covering up of sexual abuse, the embezzlement of church funds and blackmail.

:drama:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

Markus

Silver Meritorious Patron
Wonderful!

I really love the end of the senators speech!!

"In the
past Scientology has claimed that those who question
their organisation are attacking the group’s religious
freedom. It is twisted logic, to say the least. Religious
freedom did not mean the Catholic or Anglican
Churches were not held accountable for crimes and
abuses committed by their priests, nuns and officials—
albeit belatedly. Ultimately, this is not about religious
freedom. In Australia there are no limits on what you
can believe. But there are limits on how you can behave.
It is called the law, and no-one is above it."

In the name of my brother Uwe Stuckenbrock and all the many other people who were abused or even killed by this criminal organization - Thank you so very very much to all of you who have contributed to this speech.

Much love from Germany

Markus

uncle sam

Dear Australia,

Thank you, thank you, thank you and thank you. Thank you so very, very much for what you have done getting the information to Senator Xenophon. And thank you for all the follow-up efforts you are now into. Maybe the USA will wake up a bit more. At least they have the SPTimes.

I think I'll go outside and sing Waltzing Matilda to our Sun.

bump ^^^^^^^^^^^

skollie

Scientology inquiry rebuff a 'cop out'

The opposition is playing hard ball.
Independent senator Nick Xenophon has described as a "cop out" coalition reluctance to back his call for a Senate inquiry into the Church of Scientology.

The senator, in a scathing parliamentary attack on Tuesday, labelled the church a criminal organisation hiding behind so-called religious beliefs.

He called for a Senate inquiry into the church's tax-exempt status and a police investigation of criminal allegations.

The government says it will consider Senator Xenophon's request for an inquiry but the opposition is not so keen.

"My view is that Senate committees shouldn't try to act as de facto law enforcers," senior opposition senator Eric Abetz told reporters on Thursday.

But he conceded parliament was an appropriate forum to raise concerns.

Senator Xenophon was not impressed with the coalition line, saying the Senate had conducted inquiries on issues such as whether Tasmania should have an AFL football team through to the Forgotten Australians.

"Yet there are excuses on both sides of the fence... that it's all too hard and we shouldn't have an inquiry into it, now that is a cop out," he told reporters.

Senators, as elected representatives, had an obligation to deal with the grievances of constituents and deal with allegations of injustice.

"So I see that as a cop out if that is the path that my Senate colleagues will go down."

Senator Xenophon said he had received hundreds of emails, including many detailing complaints from former members of the church, following his speech.

"Those will be gone through and, where appropriate, will be handed on to the police."

A phone hook-up was scheduled with NSW police on Thursday morning to discuss the matter, he said.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-new...y-inquiry-rebuff-a-cop-out-20091119-inqz.html

Doom

Lurking.
Firstly can I say well done to Carmel and Scooter and the others who have obviously been instrumental in bringing this to the stage it is at now. Surely a substantial step towards redemption. With regards to Gregory Williams the question surely has to be asked a) why isn't he declared now? and b) does he honestly think the only injustice perpetrated by the organisation was that done to the Underwoods? Surely to god he must not. Finnaly c) With everything that Xenophon listed in his brilliant speech why hasn't Gregory called the AO and told them he is handing in his membership card? you should stop "refusing to be a part of it" and start actively opposing it. Also I think if we're all going to be honest with each other we would have to assume in your psych busting days you were a party to just as horrific and immoral crimes as OSA? Also as an aside the term "humanitarian" unless injected with humor is normally a term best used by others to descrive oneself.

With that said well done again guys - make sure you keep fighting the bastards at every turn.

If this isn't a personal attack, I dont know what would be.

If you knew anything about how this cycle was put together you would know that Greg was a big part of the support for carmel in this, while carmel was organising this "bombshell" along with, Aaron, Feral, Scooter, the deathridges and Tim, greg was backing this to the hilt like most of the supporters of this cycle. So to insult and bait him for not doing enough is just stupid, reckless and ignorant.

On the face of it Greg has in the past been very vocal in telling the CofS to "handle" the Underwood situation which has been ignored for a decade (no one in OSA had the brass ones to deal with). I bet it would have been better for the CofS to take his good advice and do the right thing, But doing the right thing and fessing up was too hard back then and now its even harder to deal with(more to cover up).

They Broke out the "Footbullets" instead.

I am almost sure that at least one terminal in OSA ANZO and one in OSA int will get the RPF for failing to see this coming, all they had to do was use their so called powers of observation to see that cover ups don't last and the truth will see the light of day. Truth hurts only if you are trying to hide it.

Just one more Question for OSA, If The Church of Scientology is so good why do people leave (and don't say "Crimes" we have heard that before) .

the-ghostwhowalks

Patron with Honors
I heard the speech , I saw you guys on TV !

Very well done - ( forgive the pun ) -What can I say ? - Its been a long time coming ! - but you CANNOT behave like the Cof S forever - Sooner or later the just desserts have to arrive - It is something that has to happen , and there is no way that decent people will let bullies and lies prevail -You were all brilliant , brave and I thank you all ! ( I am writing my letter ASAP to the PM ) It was a great pleasure to see you all once more - - best wishes, GWW. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Zhent

Leakus Maximus
WTF!!

"substance used in Purification program"

The substance refered to is slow K which many people think is an OK source of potassium. It is actually potassium chloride which will release potassium (K) and chlorine (Cl) also.
From Wikipedia, ' Potassium chloride is occasionally known as "muriate of potash," particularly when used as a fertilizer. White potash, sometimes referred to as soluble potash, is usually higher in analysis and is used primarily for making liquid starter fertilizers. KCl is used in medicine, scientific applications, food processing and in judicial execution through lethal injection. '

Note that last bit!

So don't use slow K as a source of potassium. It is a drug and a relevant inquest found that it needs to be labelled properly and sold only in chemists.

Harry Crawford

This is from an aus scientologist, obviously in reference to Xenophons's speech and the death of Paul's daughter.
I am honestly baffled on what to make of this. Is this an enormous footbullet? Did he just admit the stuff was lethal and shouldn't be used a source of potassium?

WUT? :confused2:

Last edited:

Carmel

Crusader
WTF!!

This is from an aus scientologist, obviously in reference to Xenopons's speech and the death of Paul's daughter.
I am honestly baffled on what to make of this. Is this an enormous footbullet? Did he just admit the stuff was lethal and shouldn't be used a source of potassium?

WUT? :confused2:

deleted - meant to send pm, not post