What's new

Federal suit: Scientologist spent $30 million to cover up death of Lisa McPherson

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Rathbun Federal Suit regarding Lisa McPherson #30 million cover-up

http://www.wtsp.com/news/article/282987/34/Federal-suit-Scientologist-spent-30-mil-to-cover-death

Federal suit: Scientologist spent $30 mil to cover up death of Lisa McPherson

Tampa, Florida -- Blockbuster charges in a Federal Suit involving the Church of Scientology. It involves accusations of impropriety and some of the most respected members of the judiciary and legal profession.

The allegations are coming from the former number-two man in the organization, and involve what he says is a multi-million dollar cover up of the death of a woman in Scientology care.

The woman at the center of it all is Lisa McPherson, who died in 1995 after being involved in a minor traffic accident.

At the time of the accident, McPherson who was a Church of Scientology member, said she needed psychiatric help. Instead, the church members took her to the Ft. Harrison Hotel to care for her.

Just 17 days later, Lisa McPherson was dead.

In the suit, Rathbun contends the Church of Scientology spent at least $30 million to get the charges dropped, and mitigates the damages in the civil suit.

Jeff Goodis denies the charges and Attorney Lee Fugate says he can't comment on a federal suit, but it would be shocking to believe that some of Pinellas' top judges could be involved in illegal activity like this.

However Ken Dandar, the attorney who represented McPherson's family against the church, says, "Maybe Mr. Rathbun doesn't know what he is talking about, and maybe it's all his imagination. I don't think so..."

But, late Friday, Pope filed a lawsuit on behalf of Scientology to have all of Marty Rathbun's testimony thrown out.

There is an emergency in Federal Court Monday.

Rathbun's testimony - PDF

Also

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Rathbun Federal Suit regarding Lisa McPherson #30 million cover-up

Awesome...thanks for posting DB!! Good job reporting the truth about Scientology...and the hits just a keep on a comin....:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

I wonder - has the statute of limitations run on Marty's involvement? If so, they will move heaven and earth to shut him up. Maybe those two defrocked PI's will be back on the payroll... It is beginning to sound like the RTC is a revolving door of cash for payoffs.

Perhaps this will lead us to GAT III - new COB, Marty Rathbun's version of Ron's tek.

Mimsey

2ndgen

Patron

It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas. I just wish somebody didn't have to die so DM could be exposed.

I wonder - has the statute of limitations run on Marty's involvement? If so, they will move heaven and earth to shut him up. Maybe those two defrocked PI's will be back on the payroll... It is beginning to sound like the RTC is a revolving door of cash for payoffs.

Perhaps this will lead us to GAT III - new COB, Marty Rathbun's version of Ron's tek.

Mimsey

Yeah, with Marty, when he opens his gob, timing is everything.
He has to juggle:
Statute of limitations,
How chaotic the cat-herding is becoming,
Dangers from any competing personalities outsizing his personality,
His opinion leader stats,
How to align this all with Rinder,
And several other arcane issues, of which a mere mortal like me can have no knowledge.....I guess there are all the on policy goals and targets which have to be put into the blender, and tek/case stuff...the really exciting part.

Did I mention, the trcky part about when he and DM are playing Russiian Roulette, that must be scary too...more than footbullets to worry about.

It's tough at the top

Jquepublic

Silver Meritorious Patron

This is some good readin'! :thumbsup:

He's not only naming officials in CoS but in Clearwater, FL and he's explaining how the church used a subtle "black pr" to maneuver in the Lisa McPherson trial. I hope this thing goes fucking POSTAL!! Get 'em, Ken Dandar! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dave B.

Maximus Ultimus Mostimus

I can dream, can't I? I'd like to see Rathbun spill his guts. Give him immunity, whatever, couldn't care less. Get him on the stand and let him sing like Joe Valachi. I want to see mouldy scab of $cientology secrets regarding Lisa McPherson`s death ripped off and disinfected with sunlight, and more. Let`s get the entire stinking shit pile of $cientology criminality out in the open for all to see, in court. All the slime and dirt that he can come up with. C'mon, Marty, here's your chance. Expiation is good for the soul. Show us what you got. Are you the moral leader of the new improved brand of $cientology. Prove it.

BunnySkull

That's a shoddy news story since it doesn't explain the background that brought this to fruition. I remember some legal action involving Dandar recently but can any one link or explain what this federal suit contends, who are the main defendants named, and since they refer to it as "Rathbun's testimony" does that mean he was deposed or just submitted an afitadvit?

BunnySkull

Weird. Double post for some bizarre reason.

PTS

Elliott

This looks to be very good. :drama:

I hope the cult finds itself under black clouds of public outrage like they never have before. We just have find and pull the right thread to make their whole cloth of lies unravel.

Free Being Me

Crusader

Yeah, with Marty, when he opens his gob, timing is everything.
He has to juggle:
Statute of limitations,
How chaotic the cat-herding is becoming,
Dangers from any competing personalities outsizing his personality,
His opinion leader stats,
How to align this all with Rinder,
And several other arcane issues, of which a mere mortal like me can have no knowledge.....I guess there are all the on policy goals and targets which have to be put into the blender, and tek/case stuff...the really exciting part.

Did I mention, the trcky part about when he and DM are playing Russiian Roulette, that must be scary too...more than footbullets to worry about.

It's tough at the top

I'm glad I'm not a guru, the dishonest moral juggling to keep believers on a tight leash isn't in me. I'm sure this will be Marty's "proof" he's fighting suppression. He and Slappy can duke it out while people slip through their fingers, leaving scientology behind.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron

Reminds me of the ClearWATERGATE cases. Oh that is the future I am thinking about. :duh:

I wonder how many from the 1966 to the early 80's Guardians Office are still around that could tell of the Earlier Similar adventures under the Master.

This deposition provides illustration of the methods used by Scientology front groups around the world including the forming iDEPENDENT organization.

Jquepublic

That's a shoddy news story since it doesn't explain the background that brought this to fruition. I remember some legal action involving Dandar recently but can any one link or explain what this federal suit contends, who are the main defendants named, and since they refer to it as "Rathbun's testimony" does that mean he was deposed or just submitted an afitadvit?

Ken Dandar filed a federal lawsuit against the church. Ortega covered it on his blog.

Re: Marty, it's an examination under oath that was filed as part of Dandar's suit.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron

It is all in the PDF link provided in post 2 and 16 on this thread. ...Some shit is surely flying across the nation now. Playing friends with the Cult of Scientology is just as dangerous as roasting an atomic bomb.

shanic89

Patron Meritorious

So the testimony here is saying that Marty was involved in destroying files that indicated Heather Hoff was demanding medical attention for Lisa McPherson.

That Marty never had anyone do illegal activity while under his command, and that to influence the trial he just had people say scientology was good Dander was bad to the right people.

Oh and Minton was turned by freezing some of his funds.

What am I missing here?

This will be a thing of beauty if the M&M show are put on the stand to testify and they tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth.